It's Gotta Be You {One Direct...

By spraythesun

"Life is a funny thing. The moment you think you've gotten everything right, something comes along and turns... More

New Boys (I)
New Boys (II).
Who Are They?
Happiness.
Fun Times.
In a dream, memories, shouts and screams.
New friends
At the party
Bunking off
At the beach
Bad News
Leaving...Leaving...Gone.
He's gone...I'm still here.
Carrying on
Surprised
Apologize
Practising.
Angry.
First Performance
Ice-Skating
Filming.
Lost The Way.
Painful.
Back again.
Home Sweet Home.
First Concert.
Christmas.
The Holiday.
Epilogue.
Thank You!

A Day Out

39.8K 344 68
By spraythesun

Reece's P.O.V:

I wake up the next morning, hearing a low, faint thump. What is it? I yawn and stand up. I look at my window. It's frosty.

I open my door and then I figure what the thump is. It's music. The boys are playing music. Great. I go to the living room, where Zayn and Harry are arguing about something.

'Mornin' Reece!' says Harry. I smile at him and then I look at Zayn. He smiles at me. Phew. We're still friends. I sit down on the arm of the sofa.

'Like the song, Reece?' Zayn asks me. I nod.

'It's one of the band's, isn't it?' I ask. Harry nods.

'Do you listen to our songs then?' he sounds surprised. He thinks I don't.

'Course I do!' I reply. The song that's playing is called “I Want”. I hum, quietly. Then Harry suddenly bursts into the song.

'I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy

I want, I want, I want, and that's not me

I want, I want, I want, to be loved by you' then he grins at me. I laugh and continue singing. Then Zayn joins in. Then Louis, who appears from the kitchen, with Hannah.

'I want, I want, I want, to be loved by you!' we sing, all together. Then we burst out laughing.

'What the heck!?' Niall asks us, coming into the living room, still in his pyjamas.

'We were just singing a song' Harry says.

'Duh! I noticed that' says Niall, rolling his eyes. Then he comes and sits down. I look out of the window. I leap up and walk over to it.

'It's snowing!' I yell, smiling. The boys get up and rush to the window, followed by Hannah.

'Wow!'

'The city looks really nice!' says Hannah. It does. It's all covered in snow. There's a few lights on in the houses, so that makes it look nicer. The snow's falling quickly.

'We'll be snowed in' says Harry.

'No we won't! There are staff of this hotel that are supposed to clear the doorway everyday. We won't be snowed in' Louis repeats.

We sit back down and then Liam says:

'I don't fancy cooking breakfast'

'What do we do then?' Niall asks, hungry as always.

'Go out or something' stated Zayn.

'Yeah! I want to see the city more too' I say.

'Well, that's settled then. We're going out for breakfast. No need to get dressed up or anything though' says Louis. Me and Hannah go to my bedroom and get changed.

She wears jeans, a long top and a jacket.

'It's cold outside girls!' shouts Liam, from the living room. We look at each other. She puts her scarf around her neck and borrows one of my hats.

I wear tight black skinny jeans, a blue wool jumper and I'm gonna put a jacket on over the top. I brush my hair and then put a woolly hat on. I go to the living room. I look at Zayn.

'We're wearing the same thing again' I say, grinning. He looks over. He laughs. We're both wearing a blue wool jumper.

'Are you ready?' asks Niall. I nod.

'Wait. Gotta put some shoes on' I say and then go back to my room, pull my long knee-high boots on and then put my jacket on over my jumper.

'Ready' I grin. We all go downstairs and walk out of the doors. I shiver. It's bloody freezing. The winds blowing and there's snow all over the place.

'Bloody hell!' mutters Zayn beside me.

'I told you it was cold!' says Liam, smiling. I nod. We walk down the stairs and walk along the path.

'Don't people know who you are?' I ask Zayn, who's walking beside me. He shrugs but then says

'Yeah, but they've seen us around recently so they've got used to us'.

'Cool. Where's this café we're going to?' I ask him.

'Erm, five minutes along this path. That's all' he answers me. I should've put another layer of clothes on. I'm blooming freezing. Zayn's got his white scarf on and his grey jacket. It looks nice and warm, compared to my jacket. How can it get so cold in one day, for crying out loud!?

Liam opens the door to a small, cosy café and we all go in, out of the cold.

'Brr' says Hannah, sitting down in a booth, with Louis by the window and Liam and Harry next to her. Niall sits down by the window and I sit down next to him. Zayn slips in beside me.

Then the waiter comes over and we order what we want. I look the waiter up and down. He's pretty cute. He's got longish black hair and nice grey eyes. He sees me looking and smiles at me. I smile back. Hannah winks at me and I roll my eyes at her.

'And what would you like, miss?' the waiter asks me. He's got a different accent.

'A hot chocolate please' I answer him. He nods and Louis says to me:

'Don't you want anything to eat?'. I shake my head. I'm not hungry. I think the coldness took away my hunger. Liam shrugs and Louis, the ever-caring big brother he is, says

'You've gotta eat something'. I roll my eyes and say to the waiter

'Fine. What do you have?'. He starts reeling off a list of food.

'Er, I'll just have the, er, toast please' I answer him. He nods and goes off. Louis smiles at me and I frown back.

'Do you like the look of the waiter, Reece?' Harry asks me, cheekily. I narrow my eyes at him.

'Well, he's alright I guess' I reply, leaning back in my seat.

'By the look of your face, he's more then alright' Harry replies, grinning at me. I frown at him. I'm gonna kill him. Everyone's looking at me now. Everyone at our table, anyway.

'I'd like to see the look on your face when I shove my hot chocolate down your trousers' I growl at him. And his face did look a bit scared. Zayn, Niall and Louis burst out laughing.

I stand up and go to the bathroom. Someone taps me on the shoulder, when I reach the girls bathroom. I turn around and the waiter's standing there, looking sheepish.

'Hi. I couldn't help wondering, if, one of those boys is your boyfriend...?' he asks me. I blink at him. 'Idiots' I mutter under my breath. Of course, I don't mean it. I still love them.

'No, they're my...brothers' I say, grinning. A little lie wouldn't hurt anyone.

'Oh. Well. I saw you looking...Sorry, never mind' he says.

'Wait. Where are you from?' I ask him.

'Italy' he says, smiling at me.

'Nice. And I'm sorry. I'm only staying here for a little while. I won't be here for ages' I explain.

'No, I understand' he says. Then I enter the girls bathroom. Phew. Always remember, the only way to get a boy to not ask you out, is to tell him about your brothers. Well, friends that act like your brothers. Whatever. You get me.

When I get back, Harry seems to have recovered from his shock.

'Have a nice chat with the waiter, did you?' he asks me. I groan, but nobody hears me.

'Yep. He's a really nice boy' I say, refusing to give any more information.

'What did you talk about?' he asks me. I take a sip from my hot chocolate.

'Do you want this down your pants?' I ask him, pointing with my head at my cup. Harry shuts up. Not for long, but at least he's quiet now.

We finish eating and drinking and then Niall says:

'I don't want to go back to the hotel just yet'

'I don't either. There's not a lot to do' Liam says. So we end up taking a walk. We reach a pretty open place, where the snow is really thick. I'm talking to Hannah, about the waiter when something wet hits my cheek. I gasp. Ouch. It stings. And it's cold. I turn around and see nobody. I lean down and gather up some snow. Then I see a snowball whiz through the air and I duck. I land on the ground and then Hannah's beside me. I stand up, looking for the boys and then I get hit again. I growl. This means war! I run to the closest tree and hide behind it. Hannah follows me. I peek around and I see Niall's blond head. I throw my snowball and it hits him on the back of the head. I laugh as he falls to the ground. I quickly hide behind the tree again.

'Lana's here. And Sam. They're gonna help us' says Hannah, spotting Lana and Sam hiding behind another tree. We all gather some snow up and then we throw it to the boys.

'OW!' someone yells. Harry. I hope it stings. I throw another one and then I get one right on my cheek again. My face is numb now, because of the cold.

Then I spot the boys gathering together and then I say to Lana, Sam and Hannah:

'Let's all just charge at them'. They laugh and gather loads of snow.

'One...' says Lana.

'Two...' says Sam.

'Three!' says Hannah. And we all leave our trees and run to the boys. I throw my ball and it hits Zayn on his cheek. He gasps and I giggle. Then they're running at us to. We hesitate. We can run away. Or we can carry on. I reach down and throw more snowballs. Liam's charged at Sam and now he's running after her. Lana's thrown one at Niall, he's ducked and thrown one at her. And now they're on the ground. I look in front of me and I throw one at Zayn. Suddenly I'm on the ground and he's on top of me. I laugh and shove some snow in his face. I'm all wet now, because of the snow.

'Zayn. Get off!' I say. He starts tickling me.

'Zayn get off! You're really heavy!' I say, trying to stand up. Hannah and Louis are throwing snowballs at each other, from the cover of trees. Where's Harry?

'Harry! Get off me!' says Zayn, as Harry jumps onto him, who's still on me. Now I'm really squished. Then I'm suddenly free. Zayn and Harry are wrestling on the ground. I burst out laughing. Then I take my chance to escape. I run to Hannah and then I sit on the ground. She laughs and says

'Zayn and Harry are coming over'. I squeal and look for a place to hide.

'Tree' Hannah hisses. I reach up for the closest branch and start swinging. Then I push up and point my toes and then I'm sitting on the branch. I stand up on that branch and climb to the highest one.

'Is Reece here?' Harry asks. I can see through the branches.

'No. She went running over that way' Hannah says and points to a little hill of snow.

'Ok. She owes me one' moans Harry and starts walking over that way. I think Zayn follows him. I drop down from the tree.

'Thanks Hannah. Where's La-' I was about to say Lana, when someone threw a snowball right in my mouth. I spit it out and look around. Zayn didn't follow him, then.

I start running. Zayn starts running after me. I'm glad I'm faster than him. Just. I look behind me. Zayn's still running after me. Then I get a snowball at my ankle and I stumble. I do a somersault on the ground and then I'm sliding down a hill. I land with a hard thud at the bottom. I try to catch my breath. I'm winded. I breathe hard.

'Reece? Are you Ok?' Zayn asks me, sliding down the hill and stopping by my side. Then I hear Louis coming down the hill.

'Crap. Reece, I'm sorry for throwing the snowball at your feet' he says. I blink. I've got a face-full of snow. I groan and wrench myself up. There's sighs of relief.

'I'm fine. It's Ok, Lou' I say, wiping my face with my sleeve. Then I laugh. Everyone's come down.

'That was pretty cool. I wanna do it again!' I say, grinning. They laugh.

'You're not doing that again! You gave us a fright. Laying there, like a corpse at the bottom of the hill. Zayn and me were crapping ourselves, thinking we'd killed you!' says Louis. I laugh. Zayn pulls me to my feet.

'Ow' I say, without thinking. Pain shoots through my ankle. I try to move it.

'It's my ankle. It's fine' I say, shrugging it off. I take a step. I hold my breath. Ow. That hurts a bit. Louis and Zayn look at me worriedly.

'When we get back to the hotel, you're goin' to rest your ankle' says Liam. They all start walking back up the hill. Damn. I won't be able to walk up there, with my ankle like this. I stay at the bottom. Zayn turns to me.

'C'mon Reece' he says. I wince and try to walk up. I slip and land on my butt.

'I can't get up' I say. He frowns and then he says to me

'Because of your ankle. Come here' he holds his hand out. I take it, hesitantly. He grins.

'I'm not going to bite you or anything. I'm gonna help you up' he says. I laugh. He tries to pull me up the hill, but I keep slipping. I sigh.

'Come on Zayn! Come on Reece!' we hear. We roll our eyes and then he says to me:

'Climb on my back. It's the only way to get back up there'. I gulp.

'Come on' he says. I take a deep breath.

'Fine' I hobble over to him and try to jump onto his back.

'It's not hard to climb onto someone's back on a slope, with only one foot, you know' I say to him as he laughs at me, after three attempts at getting on his back. He laughs again.

'Finally' he says, grabbing my legs as I finally succeed in getting on his back. I thought it'd be quite hard for him to walk up the hill, with me on his back, but it wasn't. Or he didn't show it, if it was.

'You're wet' he says.

'Yeah. Well, I was rolling on the ground with ten-ton of weight on me' I say, as he walks up the hill. He laughs again.

We get to the top and we see Louis, Niall, Hannah and Lana waiting for us.

'The others went up ahead' explains Niall.

'Couldn't you get up, Reece?' asks Lana.

'No. Stupid ankle' I moan.

'That was my fault. I shouldn't have thrown the snowball at your feet' says Louis, walking behind us. I sigh.

'Shut up Lou. It doesn't matter. You can put me down now, Zayn' I say, wriggling. He tightens his grip on my legs and says:

'We want to get to the hotel before lunch time you know' he teases me. I laugh, despite him teasing me.

'At least now I don't have to walk. And I can rest' I say, leaning forward to rest my head on his shoulder. For a minute there I forgot about Kari.

'Zayn!' someone calls. I whip my head up and see Kari standing there waving.

'Why are you carrying Reece on your back?' she asks him, frowning. Crap.

'Because she fell down a hill and she twisted her ankle' Lou explains. Her frown deepens.

'Why couldn't you have carried her?' she asks Louis. I wriggle free and fall off Zayn's back. And then my ankle gives way and I'm on my butt again. I sigh.

'What are you doing on the floor?' she asks me now. She's really getting on my nerves.

'I just thought I'd take a look at the snow' I say, sarcastically. Louis and Lana snort and Hannah and Niall start laughing. Zayn grins. Kari narrows her eyes at me.

'Well, you're gonna get wet' she says. I roll my eyes at her stupidity.

'I'm already more wet than I can imagen, so it doesn't really matter' I say. Then Kari takes Zayn by the hand and starts walking off. I sigh.

'Can someone please help me up?' I ask. Niall pulls me up to my feet. Then Louis tells me to climb onto his back. I look at Hannah and ask her:

'You're not going to get angry with me if your boyfriend helps me, are you?'. She giggles and says:

'No, 'course not'. Then I climb onto Lou's back and we start walking back to the hotel.

'I don't like Kari. I don't know what Zayn sees in her. She's not like you' says Louis. I'm puzzled. What have I got to do with it? When we get to the hotel, we quickly rush up to our room, not wanting my Dad to see me on Lou's back. He'd be worried and he wouldn't let me have a snowball fight any more or go out with the boys. Louis takes me to my room, where he lets me get changed and then Lana helps me to the sofa. They bring me a hot water bottle, a rug and a pillow.

'I think I can do without the hot water bottle' I say.

'No, you need it. Liam, do you think we should take her to the nurse or something?' Louis asks.

'No. I think I can put a bandage on her ankle. You know, to support it while it heals' Liam replies. Then he bandages up my ankle and I'm left to relax on the sofa. Harry's sitting on the other sofa.

'I haven't got anywhere to sit' Niall moans. I lift my feet up and he sits down.

'Do you mind?' I ask him, putting my feet (Now with dry socks on) on his lap. He shakes his head.

I lean my head back onto the pillow. I don't like Kari. But I have to admit. She's one lucky girl.

Hiii Guys!!! I wanna say to my readers: THANKS!! I've got more than 2000 reads on my story! And I've got 63 votes! And...Yeah, thanks, just vote, comment and fan!! :D I hope you like it! :) Seeees yaaaa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 6 30
Annie, 29 year old American transplant to London, meets Harry in a local London bookshop at a pivotal point in her life. A friendship builds and they...
49.5K 999 31
"Love is confusing. But, once you know how to control it, it can change a life," I whispered, beaming at my brother that I loved far too much. ...
1.1M 40.8K 58
[✓] ∥ "What do you fear most?" At my childish question, she smiles and looks down. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to stay there all...
231K 5.9K 54
Liz and One Direction are back.......again!!! *Please read Trapped and Trapped 2: The Truth Unmasked before you read Trapped 3: Together Forever* Whe...