The Teacher's Pet

By AngelBlueDawn

Despite the schools strict teacher/student policy Alex Reynolds can't help being drawn to his student, Belle... More

Chapter One.
chapter two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter 22.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter twenty four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter twenty nine.
epilogue
Stay Tuned

Chapter Five.

34.2K 988 246
By AngelBlueDawn

Photo is of Mr. Reynolds

Friday......................

While most of the other students loved Fridays they were Belles least favorite day, she wouldn't spend her weekend at parties, or on dates. She'd be at home, cleaning and cooking while trying to balance her homework.

As the rambunctious teenagers all rushed down the halls, some holding hands other barely able to pull their lips from each others long enough to walk. Girls chattered about the parties and what guys they hoped would be there.

As she stepped out of the main building and watched the other students rush to their cars she paused on top of the stairs.

Missy came rushing out the doors and purposely slammed into the side of her. She fell to the concrete walkway and slid down a few of the cement steps, her books and papers scattering.

"Oops, sorry." Missy said before hurrying away.

Belle pushed onto her hands and knees, she sat on the step and examined her palms which were skinned and bleeding, she had cuts and scrapes on her arms and her right pant leg had a hole in the knee which was already bleeding. She touched the large cut on her knee, wincing at the sharp pain. More kids rushed by her in a hurry to catch the bus.

She pushed to her feet, wiping the gravel and dirt from her palms onto her now ruined jeans. She began gathering her papers, she picked them up as well as her books. She stood on the steps with a heavy sigh staring at the empty parking lot before turning and heading towards the school library.

The library was large and though attached to the school through a hall way the easiest way in was the side entrance from the parking lot. She knew the librarian would be closing up to go home for the weekend but Elaine was a nice person and had given Belle a key awhile ago. She opened the door and walked inside, smiling at the older woman.

"Hey Elaine."

"Hi Belle, how are you doing today?"

"Fine," She lied setting her books on the large desk.

"What happened to your knee?" Elaine asked.

"It's no big deal, can I stay awhile tonight? I have a paper I want to get done."

"Sure thing, you know the rules just lock the side door on your way out and make sure the lights are off. Try not to stay too late," Elaine said with a smile, rounding the desk.

"I won't."

Elaine pulled Belle in for a tight hug, and Belle returned it. It was the only affection she got anymore.

"You're going to really be someone special some day Belle, don't you forget it."

"I won't," She promised.

Elaine left, leaving only the desk light on and the other doors already locked, she'd given Belle a key years ago as part of a student program the school had and never asked for it back. Deep down Belle thought she knew that Belle needed a sanctuary and she found that in the quiet dark library amidst the books. She took a deep breath inhaling the musty scent of books and then took her time to wander down an aisle, trailing her fingers along the spine of each book.

Originally the school program had been for one hour of each school day, helping organize the shelves but soon she was coming in on weekends and after school. She knew nearly every book in the large building and could find any topic amidst the shelves.

Once she had time to calm down from her fall she took a seat at one of the small wooden tables, setting her books out in front of her she began working on her math homework. Thought she promised Elaine not to stay late she knew nobody at home would notice if she came home late. There had been rare occasions when she'd slept in one of the over stuffed chairs all night.

She wasn't sure how long she'd sat in the dimly lit library, hunched over her homework but it must have been awhile because her neck was growing stiff and her eyes tired, her kneed throbbed with pain.

She was debating snuggling up on the large couch to sleep for the night when the side door opened. At first she was afraid then she saw Mr. Reynolds step into the light. He had lost his jacket from school and his tie, he wasn't carrying his briefcase but looked confused to see her.

"Miss Whitley, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, uhm...math homework, She said motioning to the papers in front of her.

"I never was good at math," He said with a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, me neither." She said with a soft smile, looking away from him.

"How did you get in here?" He asked.

"Elaine....she gave me a key about two years ago and she lets me use it."

"Oh yes, you were in the student program she ran."

"Yeah."

She looked back towards the dark shelves, pretending to find them interesting and secretly wishing he would leave. She rested her arms on her lap, in an attempt to hide the cuts and bruises from her earlier fall.

"So, what math teacher do you have?" He asked, pulling out a chair to her left.

"Mr. Hayes."

"I've heard he's a real hard ass."

"Yeah, I guess so." She said with a small laugh, nervously tucking her hair behind her ear.

He leaned his elbows on the table to get a better look at her homework, she watched him examine in but didn't say anything.

"You need to carry the seven," He said pointing to a problem.

She grabbed her pencil forgetting to keep her arms hidden and winced when it came in contact with her sore palm. She dropped the pencil around the same time he reached and firmly but gently grasped her wrist.

"Belle....what happened?" He asked, rotating her arm to examine it.

"I....uh...I fell," She said stupidly.

His hands were warm and she could feel the strength in them, he could snap her wrist like a twig if he wanted too and that frightened her. His touch was gently his long fingers caressing her skin softly as he rotated her arm to look at it.

"Did someone do this to you?" He asked.

"No," She said.

"These look pretty bad," He said.

"I'll be okay."

He reached across her and gently lifted her other hand from her lap to examine it as well, turning it different ways to ensure her wrist and fingers were not broken.

"You didn't hit your head did you?"

"No."

"Okay, wait right here."

Before she could reply he stood and disappeared down one of the dark rows of books, he came back a few minutes later with a first aide kit. He set it on the table and proceeded to roll up his sleeves.

"Mr. Reynolds I'm fine really," She insisted.

"Now what kind of teacher would I be if I didn't help you?" He teased.

She offered him a timid smile and when he reached for her hand reluctantly gave it to him. He gently cleaned the cuts on her arms with a smile wipe then applied a cream and on the larger ones, band-aids.

"So, did someone push you?" He asked.

"No," She lied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He shook his head, not believing her and then moved to gently cleaning the scrapes on her hands. She didn't want to tell him about her knee, didn't want him to touch her anymore than he already had but when he was finished with her arms he gave the rest of her a quick once over and saw the tear in her jeans.

"What about your knee?" He asked.

"Oh, it's fine." She said waving her arm and looking away from him.

"Belle,"

His saying her name in such a soft and non-threatening tone forced her to turn her head and look at him. He was so handsome.

"Let me help you," He said gently.

She bit her lip and hesitated a second before turning in her chair to fully face him and give him a better view of her busted knee, it was swollen and turning black and blue.

"Damn," He said softly.

"I think it's just bruised," She offered.

He reached out and gently lifted her tiny foot to rest on his thigh, moving the fabric of her jeans ever so slightly near the tear.

"The pants ruined?" He asked.

"Probably," She replied.

He gripped either side of the tear in each hand and gave a firm yank, effectively making the hold a little bigger and she winced. Movement to her knee was painful even in the slightest.

He gently pressed each side of her knee cap, causing the cut to bleed a little more. She winced but managed not to move.

"Does it hurt bad?"

"No, not too bad."

"It's probably sprained."

He turned without another word and began pulling out various items from the first aid kit, she watched his hands move strong and sure of what they were doing. They skillfully cleaned the cuts and added antiseptic, then he began wrapping her entire knee with gauze.

While he stared down at his task at hand she took a minute to study the rest of him, tan skin and strong forearms, terrifyingly strong. His shirt collar was undone a little and his blonde hair just a bit messy, a touch too long for a teacher. His blue eyes were fixated on her knee but she felt her cheeks heat as she studied him.

"There you go," he said, easing her foot to the floor.

"Thank you Mr. Reynolds."

"Don't mention it."

She smiled knowing he was serious, it would cause nothing but trouble if anyone knew about them being alone in the darkened library together.

"I'm sorry you always have to help me," She said.

"I don't mind," He said, flashing her a smile that would make the gods themselves weep.

"I do."

"Can I give you a ride home?" He asked.

"No, I can walk."

"With that knee? I doubt it."

She knew he was right so with a heavy sigh she gathered her things and they headed for the door. She had to limp and it slowed them down but he didn't seem to mind and anytime he offered to help she refused.

By the time they pulled up in front of her building her knee was throbbing and she was exhausted, the clock on his dash read seven o'clock.

"Listen, if you need anymore help with your math homework...."He trailed off.

"Thanks, I think I can manage."

"Do you need help getting to your floor?" He asked, turning to look at her.

"No."

They sat in the car for a minute maybe two in silence, he stared at her until she looked away first her cheeks turning pink. It scared him how badly he wanted to touch her, to push her hair back from her eyes and stroke the pink parts of her small cheekbones. Instead he gripped the steering wheel until his fingers ached and his knuckles turned white.

She saw his grip on the steering wheel and despite his gentleness so far, it frightened her. She grabbed the door handle and pulled hard, shoving the door open and ignoring her leg.

"Thanks for the ride," She called as she shut the door and all but sprinted into the building.

He pulled onto the street and cursed himself the entire way home, she was a student he shouldn't be thinking about her and just her reaction every time they were alone was enough to let him know that she was far from interested in him. If anything she despised him and though he wouldn't admit it that alone was killing him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 62 35
"We shouldn't be doing this?" I yelled at him, unaware of how close we were. "Why? Why shouldn't we?" He said, sliding his fingers into my already we...
5K 132 57
"You are so gosh dang stubborn that it kills me. I don't want you to stay away Alex, but you have to. It is for your safety. I am not good. I will ru...
12.6M 366K 65
★★★TOP 5 WATTPAD ROMANCE NOVEL (reached #5)!★★★ When Sera's new art teacher mistakes her for a model and demands that she strip naked, sparks start t...
14.2K 861 30
Brie- 19 years old. She is a student at the University of Nebraska. She's the girl next door down home farm girl. She has never thought herself to be...