Resurrected

By naughtycupcake911

Alexandrea Stevens was meant to be dead. What will happen when a mysterious stranger confirms her worst fear... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 4

220 34 12
By naughtycupcake911

Not edited

***

"Andrea! Andrea, I need you to wake up honey!" my mom's voice rang through the door. I groaned as I slipped on my bunny slippers and stumbled towards the door.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too mom," I said groggily as she trapped me in a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around her as I returned the loving gesture, I swear I wasn't crying...

"What happened to your hair? Are those contacts?" she asked as she stepped past me into my room.

"I just felt like a change," I lied.

"What have you been doing all week?"

"Nothing much really," I confessed. All I'd done was eat, drink and sleep. Oh yes, I also happened to have a near death experience when I turned into a half demon hybrid thingy but I didn't want to give my poor mother a heart attack so I spared her the details.

"Alexandrea," she said in a warning tone, this was going downhill fast.

"Yes?" I gulped as I closed the door.

"I think it's time you got a job. Only until you go to college of course."

"Me? A job?" I failed to keep the shock out of my voice.

"Yes. Your father knows someone who works at an advertisement agency, I got you an interview."

An advertisement agency? That doesn't sound too bad, at least not compared to that one time that I was a summer camp counsellor in a boys dorm... I shuddered at the memory.

"Uhm, sure. When's the interview?" I asked as she walked towards the door.

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow!? How did you even know if I would agree?"

"Honey, I'm your mother. I know you," she said as she closed the door behind her.

I yawned as I fell back onto my bed. "Mhmm, comfy," I snuggled into my teddy bears arms as I fell back to sleep.

***

I was nervous to say the least. If the skyscraper of a building wasn't intimidating enough, then the people working in it were the cherry on top. There wasn't a hair out of place or a single wrinkle on their crisp white shirts.

"Hello, I'm here to see Daniel Jacobs," I said as I brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face.

"Name?" the male receptionist asked as he typed away on his keyboard.

"Alexandria Stevens," I said as calmly as I could manage.

"27th Floor," he replied with a smile. I thanked him as I walked over to the elevator.

"You've got to be kidding me," I exhaled once I noticed the 'out of order' sign that seemed to mock me from the reflective doors of the elevator.

Ten minutes later, I was unsure which floor I was on, with my black stilettos in my hand as I climbed the stairs.

"I'm so sorry," I said as I bumped into someone, causing their coffee to spill all over both of us.

"Watch it, newbie," she glared at me as she wiped the small spot off of her black formal dress.

"I'm sorry but you weren't looking where you were going either," I snapped back.

"Excuse me," she pushed past me. "Some of us have more important things to do."

I just ignored her as I continued up the stairs. Floor 27 at long last. I slipped my heels back on and took a deep breath to calm myself down before I headed down the hall. I knocked on the door since his secretary was missing.

"You're late," he said as he opened the door.

"I'm sorry. The elevator was broken and-"

"That's not my problem," he interrupted. Well, that was rude.

"Sit," he ordered as he sat behind the large mahogany desk. I did as instructed whilst he took out a clean sheet of paper.

"Aubrey Summers?" he asked as he scribbled something down.

"No, Alexandria Stevens," I corrected.

"Oh," was all he said as he scratched out something, probably a name.

"Why do you want to work for us?" he asked as he looked up from the clipboard. I tried to remember what my mother had told me to say. Hours of research and now my mind was calling up a blank. All I could remember was how furious I'd been when she'd told me that I was going to be working for D & M advertising agency. She knew that I hated the company and yet she'd still managed to convince me to do it, by threatening to cut off my allowance.

"Who wouldn't want to work at such an amazing company?" I cringed at how overly enthusiastic I sounded.

"You're lying," he called me out.

"Excuse me?"

"You're lying. I can see it in the way you're acting. You're face just turned red and you look as though you've just sucked on a lemon."

"I, uh," I fumbled for an excuse. "I look like that all the time." Great, now he's going to think I'm a walking tomato.

"I don't blame you. A lot of people think it's shitty place."

"I'm not one of those people."

"I don't appreciate it when people lie to me," he warned. "Rather just tell the truth and let me judge you for that."

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"I can assure you that you'll know when I'm joking with you. Now is not one of those times."

I was speechless. My mom hadn't told me what to say in this situation. I silently said a prayer of thanks as I was saved from answering when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Daniel said in a bored tone.

"I have the documents you asked for and I brought you a Grande Frappuccino," a sickeningly sweet voice said. I turned around in my seat to see the bitch I'd met earlier glaring at me.

"Thank you Tori," he smiled at her as she laid the documents on the table, his gaze focused on her exposed cleavage. An office affair, how original.

"Back to what I was saying," he said once she'd left the room. "Why should we hire you?"

"I have great organization skills, I'm good at problem solving and I have a strong work ethic," I recited.

"Hmm," he said as he jotted something down.

"Okay Alexandria. I'm going to ask you a couple of questions and I want you to give me honest answers, no filters. Do you understand that?"

I nodded. "What annoys you the most?"

"Lot's of things," I replied.

"Such as?"

"The fact that your office is one of the messiest places I've ever seen," I winced as soon as I said it but the mess had been bothering me.

"Do you have OCD or something?" he laughed it off.

"No, messes just make me anxious."

"Is there any difference?"

"Yes there is actually. OCD is a mental disorder where people feel the need to constantly check things repeatedly or have certain thoughts repeatedly. They're unable to control either the thoughts or the activities such as hand-washing, counting of things and checking to see if the door is locked and-"

"Okay, I get it," he cut me off. I silently thanked the heavens above for Wikipedia. I saw him scribble down the word perfectionist on the page in front of him. I glared at him.

"If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?"

"I'm not sure," I said as I thought about it.

"Don't overthink the question."

I would change the fact that I'm a demon hybrid or that I didn't die five months ago like I was supposed to but of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I really don't know," I said. "What about you?"

"Excuse me?" he sounded confused.

"What would you change?" I clarified.

"Daniel, we have a problem," Tori said in a worried tone as she burst into the room.

"What did I tell you about interrupting me?" he said in an annoyed tone.

"Michael is asking for you." His eyes widened at the name.

"You'll have to excuse me," he said as he stood up. "Tori, please make sure that Alexandria gets home safely."

She groaned but didn't object as he left the room. "I'll get myself home, thank you very much," I walked past her.

"I'm warning you," she grabbed my arm. "If you know what's best for you, you'll stay far away from here."

I pulled my arm out of her iron grip. "If my confidence level was as low as your IQ then I'd take your advice but I'm not going anywhere," I slammed the door behind me.

It seems like working at this office would be way more difficult than I'd predicted.

***

A/N Heeeey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I've been studying (working on the internet with an open book nearby). Lol😂 Exams are in less than two weeks so the updates might take a little longer than usual. CLICK THE LITTLE STAR BUTTON AND VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!! Thanks cupcakes!

Xoxo

-Naughty Cupcake

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 17.8K 43
Two different angels fall in love with each other. It wasn't allowed for a Demon to fall in love with an Angel. This is forbidden love. Together, the...
4K 296 52
After finding love and realizing that there is a propecy about her, Kat and Cain proceed to train for the upcoming war with their allies. Once the wa...
6K 195 21
Catherine thought she was a normal girl living an ordinary life right up until her 16th birthday when she's taken to the shadow realm (hell) to meet...
1.2K 116 25
This is the final book to the series, or is it? Every journey has to reach its end. But how will her story will end is the true question. Nicole has...