White Fire

Por CharlayMarieWrites

She was told to fear him... She was told that his evil would devour her... She was told to stay far away... B... Más

Chapter One: The Ice Castle
Chapter Two: The Dining Hall
Chapter Three: Dragon Stone
Chapter Four: The Cold Prince
Chapter Five: Firelander
Chapter Six: Ice Hearts
Chapter Seven: A Pool of Misery
Esmeralda
Chapter Nine: The Chosen Four
Chapter Ten: Witch's Closet
Chapter Eleven: The Ward
Chapter Twelve: Private Lessons
Chapter Thirteen: Winter's Stone
Chapter Fourteen: Red Flag
Chapter Fifteen: Captain
Chapter Sixteen: Doomed
Chapter Seventeen: Eliza
Chapter Eighteen: The King's Lair
Chapter Nineteen: The Kiss
Chapter Twenty: Teach Me
Chapter Twenty One: Mistress
Chapter Twenty Two: Polar Opposites
Chapter Twenty Three: The Ride
Chapter Twenty Four: Trouble
Chapter Twenty Five: The King's Honor
Chapter Twenty Six: The Plan
Chapter Twenty Seven: Draggo
Chapter Twenty Eight: Caught
Chapter Twenty Nine: Again
Chapter Thirty One: The Unexpected
Chapter Thirty Two: The Fight
Chapter Thirty Three: Written in Blood
Chapter Thirty Four: Luca
Chapter Thirty Five: The Speech
Chapter Thirty Six: The Dream
Chapter Thirty Seven: Crystal
Chapter Thirty Eight: Cora
Chapter Thirty Nine: Slanathys Rebels
Chapter Forty: The Return of Prince
Chapter Forty One: Intruder
Chapter Forty Two: The Warning
Chapter Forty Three: Retribution
Chapter Forty Four: The Fire King
Chapter Forty Five: The Parting
Thank You!

Chapter Thirty: Touché, Prince

105K 6.1K 1.2K
Por CharlayMarieWrites

Due to the risk of danger, our training was moved to an open location within the parameters of the castle grounds. There were two things that I tried ignoring as I stood in the snow. Number one was Prince Sebastian's smirk, which had only reminded me of the passionate kiss that kept me awake for hours. Number two was the sound of Cora's whispers as she tried to get my attention while the Ice Prince spoke. She was the last person I wanted to talk to, especially after she had abandoned me to save herself.

"I know you can hear me," she said, and I inhaled deeply to keep my cool. "Why didn't you run? I thought you would have followed me."

"I was already caught," I whispered as harshly as I could.

"Are you angry with me?" she sounded taken back, but my eyes were focused on the Prince as he slowly paced in front of us, explaining the competition.

"Shhh," I hushed at her, trying to focus on his words, but he had already finished telling us the rules. I had no idea what the challenge was because of Cora!

"First up, Luca versus Anya." My eyes widened as the Prince stared at me with a smirk. He'd chosen Luca and I to fight against each other on purpose! Was it out of spite, or to prove a point? Maybe both.

I sighed and began walking forward, meeting Luca in the middle as Prince Sebastian stood before us. He looked from me to Luca, and the silver specks in his eyes gleamed with mischief. He was up to something...

I looked behind him at two guards over thirty yards away, holding flags. It looked similar to the first round, and yet different. I was hoping that I could figure out the object of the competition by finding clues, but there were none.

"When I count to three, you'll begin," the Prince instructed, moving to the side to give us room. My heart was racing in fear as I braced myself for the worse. What was I supposed to do?

"It's the same as last time," Luca whispered, low enough that only I could hear him. "Except we don't fight each other, we just avoid the Prince's attacks. The first person to grab their flag, wins."

"Let us begin. Three..." I kneeled down low. "Two..." I dug my feet into the snow, positioning myself for a good takeoff. "One!"

As soon as the flags lowered, a huge piece of ice rose from the ground, inches from where Luca stood and he smacked into it, falling to the ground. Prince Sebastian continued to entrap Luca in a web of obstacles, and I used the time to gain as much distance as possible.

Suddenly, I was smacked in the back by a blast of liquid ice. It froze my back, causing every muscle to lock up. I fell into the snow, growling in pain and anger. A second later, the ice melted and I stood and looked behind me. Luca was already on his feet, running toward his flag.

His entire right leg suddenly froze to the ground, making him strain to break loose. I used that time to separate us by ten feet. I heard Luca scream behind me, meaning Prince Sebastian had done something else to stall him. If I'd known any better, I would've suggested that the Prince purposefully targeted Luca, and for obvious reasons.

I reached the flag and snatched it from my guards hand in victory! When I looked behind me, Luca was completely frozen in place. The ice formed around him broke into hundreds of pieces, freeing him from his trap, and he fumed as he turned to the Prince.

Prince Sebastian only smiled, looking sarcastically innocent. His face then straightened and he motioned for us to get back into formation with the group.

"Back to your spots," he shouted. "Next pair, please come forth."

Cora and Titus obeyed, and then battled each other. Surprisingly, Cora had beat Titus by a hair. She jumped around excitedly, happy for her first victory. I was still very upset with her and wouldn't congratulate her when she returned to the line.

Next up, Cora and I had to compete against each other. I couldn't wait to take my anger out on her by winning. I needed this victory more than anyone. The Prince told me that I had to win, and if I didn't...well, I wasn't sure what the consequence would be, I just had to win!

I took off the moment Prince Sebastian said 'One' and jumped over a large piece of ice that had formed in front of me. I looked over to see the same obstacle in front of Cora, but she'd fallen. I inwardly smiled and continued to run.

I looked behind me just in time to see the Prince shoot a blast of white fire in my direction and I ducked seconds before it could slam into my back.

Cora's heavy grunts could be heard as she tried to close the distance between us. I quickened my pace, and instantly regretted it. A thin sheet of ice formed in front of me and I didn't have enough time to slow down and avoid it. I slipped the moment my feet made impact. My fall allowed Cora to take the lead, and she ran past me, seconds from grabbing the flag. I couldn't let her beat me!

I shot out my hand and sent a blast of white fire in her direction. It slammed into her back with such force that she flew forward and crashed into her guard, knocking the both of them over. I quickly lifted myself off of the ground and ran to the flag, screaming in victory the moment I felt the fabric touch my hand.

"I'm the new captain," I shouted, excited for my victory, even though no one else around me clapped.

Confused, I faced the Prince. He grinned mischievously as he approached me and took the flag from my hand. He then turned away from me so that he could speak to Luca and Titus.

"Lady Anya has been disqualified from the last round, meaning Cora is the winner and new captain."

"What?" I was furious as I moved into his line of sight. "Your highness, I grabbed the flag first!"

"You used your powers against your component when the rules clearly stated not to, therefore, you've disqualified yourself." The Prince leaned forward, taunting me with his smile. "Looks like your lover, Luca, forgot to mention how you would get disqualified if you did. Next time, pay attention to the rules."

So he had heard what Luca told me...

Frustrated, I looked away from him, watching Cora approach Titus and wrap her arms around him in a victory hug. I felt a pang of jealousy. That was supposed to be my victory!

"You've lost, even after I commanded you to win," the Prince stated, regaining my attention. "I believe it is in your best interest to continue on with the private lessons."

"If this is your way of trying to get me alone with you again, it won't happen, your highness," I replied, causing him to chuckle.

"Maybe it is a tactic, maybe I'm being genuine. Either way, you just proved how much you still need practice."

"I'm the strongest of the trainees," I argued back, forgetting my place.

"That may be true, but you also happen to be the most prone to disaster, therefore you need more guidance. Be in my training room tonight by eight."

"You can make me train with you, but you can't make me like you-"

"Oh Anya, when will you stop lying to yourself?" The Prince asked, his velvet voice delighting my ears. He had leaned forward so that he was inches from my face, and I couldn't look away from him. "We both know the truth. See you tonight."

I watched as he turned away from me to greet and congratulate Cora. The Prince stood tall and victorious, as if he was the one who won the game, and maybe he did. Maybe the game happened exactly how he wanted it to happen. If I had won the title of captain, he wouldn't have had a reason to get me back in training, which was right where he wanted me.

Touché, Prince, I thought to myself as I watched him. There always seemed to be some sort of drama whenever he was involved. I could only imagine how our practice would go, and I hoped that it didn't end in yet another kiss...

Things always seemed to happen when we were alone...

Discussion time:

If you noticed, chapter 30 has no title!!! That's because you get to name it! Comment below what the name should be and yours just may be chosen! Remember, it has to be less than three words and describes the chapter!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

Frost Por t.m

Paranormal

1M 41K 39
"Every boy I've kissed, freezes from the inside out- except for you" *** Aspen Iverson has a gift, a deadly gift that has haunted her for the...
243K 16.7K 49
On the second jump, Claire's bad leg gave way and she felt herself tumbling forward. A cry of surprise escaped her and Claire was certain she was abo...
9K 363 33
Once upon a time, there was a legend that in the year of the dragon, two children will be born; one with light and another with darkness. The light a...
180K 11.2K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...