From Beginning to End

By DreamsAndAPen

Serena Quarie fell in love once. And after losing that love, she vowed never to do it again. Instead she sett... More

From Beginning to End
From Beginning to End:Chapter 2
From Beginning to End:Chapter 3
From Beginning to End:Chapter 4
From Beginning to End:Chapter 5
From Beginning to End:Chapter 6
From Beginning to End:Chapter 7
From Beginning to End:Chapter 8
From Beginning to End:Chapter 9
From Beginnign to End:Chapter 10
From Beginning to End:Chapter 11
From Beginning to End:Chapter 13
From Beginning to End:Chapter 14
From Beginning to End:Chapter 15
From Beginning to End:Chapter 16
From Beginning to End:Chapter 17
From Beginning to End:Chapter 18
From Beginning to End:Chapter 19
From Beginning to End:Chapter 20
From Beginning to End:Chapter 21
From Beginning to End:Chapter 22
From Beginning to End:Chapter 23
From Beginning to End:Chapter 24

From Beginning to End:Chapter 12

102 5 0
By DreamsAndAPen

I felt really bad for breaking up with Jason after our morning makeout. I had planned to do it after he came back but after my three way texts with Kalee and Tamara last night, I realized I didn't want to be tied down. Now I'm searching for my next target. But first...

"Hello?" I heard a deep voice say.

I was sitting on my bed in my bathing suit, waiting for my friends so we could go to the beach and suddenly my mind was Nathan. I had promised to call him so why not now?

"Um, yeah is this Nathan?"

"Serena?"

"Yeah," I answered.

He chuckled. "Where did you get Nathan from. I told you people call me Nate."

I rolled my eyes. "I told you I don't like that name. And I told you if we're going to be friends, I won't call you Nate or Nathaniel."

"Alriight. Thanks for calling by the way."

"I never break a promise," I informed him.

"Never? That's kind of hard to believe."

Honestly, I was offended. "No, I never break a promise. Why would you think I would?"

"So you've never tried ro dogw your way out of a situation and end up blaabbing something else?"

"Well no, not that I remember. And is this why yoiu wanted to call you?Really? So we can argue?"

"No. The arguing is just natural for us. I called you to fjnish our conversation."

"Which was?" I demanded although I eemember perfectly.

"Why you go out with guys you don't like."

"And why is that your concern?"

"Because I find it very wrong. And when I want something tk be changed it has to be changed."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks but I don't think a spoiled brat could teach lessons on love." I was suddenly angry. Something I haven't felt with a guy since I was cheated on by own of my boyfriends. Why would he care what I do? We hardly know each other and he's already teaching me stuff about my life?

"I'm not teaching it to you. I'm giving you my opinion."

"Well I don't want to hear your opinion," I snapped.

"Ok Ok, my little diva. Why don't we meet up and do something else?" He said calmly.

I tried not to think about how he called me his little diva. "I have plans with my friends. We can't be bothered."

"So you don't love me enough to take one day off?" He teased.

I felt my heart skip and I forced it to stop as I played aong. "As much as I would love to my dear, my best friend is leaving in a few weeks to go upstate and we must spend every possible minute together."

"Why is your best friend going upstate?"

"His dad has got his job promoted there. But I have to optimistic. At least we'll be in the same state."

"Ok so how about this? I'll accompany you to the beach since I'm bored out of my mind."

Yes, yes, yes you can come, my head was screaming at me to voice to those words. But I wasn't a girl that gave in that easily.

You did when he asked you to dance last night, it protested.

I wasn't thinking, I argued back.

"Hello? Serena?" His deep voice echoed through my ears, bringing me back to reality.

"Um, I don't know. Tamara kind of like you. And if you don't pay attention to her, she'll curse you out again." Now he definately couldn't come. I don't think I could hold back my jealousy to see him pay so much attention to Tamara. Wait, jealousy? I don't feel jealousy over a guy. My mind is just playing with me. Plus, it would be a sin for an attractive guy not to pay attention to me. Not that my friend wasn't pretty because she was. In fact, she's the one that has the best curves out of the three of us along with the biggest ass and boobs.

But I had the looks and fashion. I always have to be the center of attention. That's what people except of me so that's what I have to be. They know that I'm different from other girls. Everyone does. I'm not your typical mean spoiled girl, but I'm not the nice kind one either. I'm bossy, stubborn, funny, and helpful when in the mood. All the things that should catch the eyes of an attractive boy.

So why was I already feeling jealous if Nathan did come and payed attention to Tamara?

I heard him chuckle on the other line. "I'm not surprised. Its not the first time."

"Says the one who was trying to teach me a lesson on relationships."

"I didn't say it was wrong to have people attracted to you. I said it was wrong to go out with someone you don't really like."

"I don't go out with guys I don't like---all the time. I told you its what people expect because I'm me. And plus I do it for the fun of it."

"So just because people expect it you have to do it?" He challenged.

I didn't really want to take about this but it was a way to get his mind off the beach trip. "Yes because if I don't do it then I'm not me and if I'm not me then I'm fake. And I do NOT like to be callled fake."

"So you depend on what people think?"

I REALLY wanted to get off this subject. "You said we wouldn't talk about this? I don't want a lesson so please cn we get off this subject."

"Sure. So about this beach thing." Damn. "I really want to come. It would let mee get chance to get to know you better."

"You can get to know me over the phone." I don't know why, but the thought of him wanting to get to know me made me feel delighted.

"That's not enough. You seem like a mysterious girl, in need of a lot of lessons."

I rolled my eyes. "Nathan," I warned.

"Just joking. But yeah, I'm coming to the beach with you, no questions asked."

"How can you come if you don't know which beach I'm going to?"

"Your going to tell me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes because if you don't, the next time I see you I'll accidently make sure a patch of your hair is not on your head no more."

I heard myself gasped but then told myself he was kidding. "No your not, because your not going to see me again."

"I could always track you down on Facebook."

I sighed, so in the mood to fight but not on the phone. Yes, I'd like to see him again. So much. But Tamara was attracted to him as well and I don't want it to be a competition between us over a guy. It seemed like Nathan was different because I have never argued with a guy so much. I have never felt jealousy over a guy. And I've never felt that burning feeling I felt when he touched me last night.

That wasn't a problem becuase he was probably meant from friendship material instead of boyfriend but I did want to see him. So I sighed and gave up. Something I rarely do, and especially never with a guy. But I found myself telling him where it was and he said he'll take the train there to meet me.

Wait, hold up what? "Your going to take what?"

"The train. My butler is off for the next two weeks and my parents are at the office so that's how I get my way around. In November though, I'll be sixteen so I'll be able to get my permit."

"But the train, really? Who takes the train? Whatever happened to a taxi?"

"I take it you've never been on a train?" he asked in a knowing voice.

"Hell no. How could anybody stand a train."

"And you say you're not spoiled," I heard him mutter as iif not meant for me to hear.

But I did. "Excuse me but my dad has never allowed me to take the train. He says its too dangerous, with people getting in fights and gunshots all the time. I just hate it because it looks disgustimng and deciwving."

"So how do you get around?"

"I have a maid, duh." I rolled my eyes as if this should have been obvious.

"So she drives you everywhere? Do you guys ever give her a break?"

"She lives with us smartass. And for your information---" I was cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. I had to get off the phone before my friends get up here. Espacially before Cam founds out about a new guy. He doesn't do well with me and guys. He says he's afraid of seeing me hurt even when I repeatedly assure him I'm the one doing the hurting not them. And he shouldn't talk either because he was a player just like the rest of us. Besides Kalee and her brother, the group treats the oppisite sex unimportantly.

Of course, Bruce doesn't have a choice. He's gay--or bisexual, whatever he is. And its impossible to find the same sex to date in this city.

"I gotta go. I'll see youin a while. There's someone you'll meet and he might come across as an over protective brother but just play along. Later." I hung up before he could protest, knowing he would. I laughed inwardly as I heard Lucia open the door for them. Look at me already thinking I knew him. All I know is he's a stubborn and pushy prick which wasn't good in my book.

"Serena!" I heard Tamara's voice holler in the hall. "Bruce broke my glasses."

My four best friends barged in my room as if it were their own. "It was an accident," Bruce said as Cam closed my door. "You shouldn't have let it sit on the seat."

Cam pecked my cheek hello and I smiled back at him before turning my attention to my curly-haired frowning friend. "What glasses?"

She hesitated before answering, knowing full well if I caught her lying I would throw a fit. Yet her saying the truth also caused me to throw a fit. "The ones you gave me for my birthday."

My eyes bulged out of my head as I glared at Bruce. "What?! Do tou have any idea how much that cost. Gucci glasses aren't cheap you know, espacially ones that were brought before they even came out."

"I'm sorry," Bruce whined. "She left it in the car and when I was getting in, I accidently sat on them."

"Do you even bother to look before your sit!" I screamed, angry tha my $2,000 had been put to waste. Those glasses weren't out when I brought them. I had to hook up with a guy's son (behind my dad's back of course) to get tham and even then they charged me more. She had been complaining about how she wasn't going to be able to get those sunglasses before her birthday since they came out three months after so I went through all that trouble for nothing now, I realized.

"Can you guys stop with the yelling?" Cam begged. "I've had enough with my mom doing it already."

I turned my gaze to him suspiciously. "What are you talking about?"

"Chris crashed his motorcycle and when he told Mom how much it was going to cost to fix it she freaked."

"What?" I asked, sure I heard wrong.

"How do you crash a motorcycle in this city?" Kalee questioned.

"Is he Ok?"Tamara followed.

Cam nodded at Tamara before answering me and Kalee's questions. "The idiot was trying to see if he could make it run without a driver and it crashed into a tree."

"Typical Chris," Bruce muttured.

"He claimed it was an experiment," Cam explained. "I'm just glad I'm not gonna be there when Dad comes home. He's going to get his ass grounded for life."

"Poor Dave. He spent so much money getting that boy the motorcycleand putting it under his own inssurance. Its funny how people could be so careless. Like some people I know." I stared atTamara and Bruce accusingly.

"Don't look at me," Bruce said, "teach Tmara how to be responsible with valuable suff."

"When you get your eyes checked out, maybe I will," she snarled at him. "So Serena my news feed claims your single again. How did Jason take it?"

"He was shocked. But then he muttered something about finding a better girlfriend while on vacation. Lke anyone could be better than me."

Cam looked relived as he took this in. "You finally dumped him. I thought you were gonna do the long disance thing."

"I was but then I might meet someone else and long distance doesn't really go with my style."

He opened his mouth to say something, probably to argue about my style of dating but Kalee beat her to it. "You should've saw the coments on the pictures of you and Nathaniel."

I looked at her, confused. "Me and Nathaniel?"

"Her and Nathaniel?" Tamara echoed.

"Nathaniel who?" Cam and Bruce chorused.

Kalee gigled at our baffled expressions. "Nathaniel. The guyfrom last night?"

"Ho do you knoe his name and what pictures?"

"I saw his name on the paper with his phone number. And when his people called him, they used the same name."

"You already met another guy?" Cam's look was bewildered. Then a flash of recognation crossed his face. "So that's what you met when you said you might meet someone else."

"No," I shook my head at him. "Nathan and I are not a thing. What pictures are you talking about Kalee?"

They completely ignored my question. "Nathan? I thought his name was Nathaniel?" Tamara asked as Kalee nodded in agreement to her question.

I waved my hand as if it didn't matter. "Its just a nickname I picked up. No biggie. Now tell me what pictures you're talking about?"

"I don't like the name Nathan," Bruce commented, making furious thatmy question wasn't answered. "Maybe Neil. Yeah, Niel sounds better."

Kalee nodded. "So true."

Tamara considered this. " Maybe but don't you think Ny or Nate sound better?"

I took a deep breath in, afraid if I didn't I was going to explode. I really, really hated being ignored. "If somebody doesn't tellme what pictures people are commenting on about me and Nathan I will make sure the only beach you see today is those on the TVs at the hospital. Now talk." They knew I wouldn't actually put them ina hospital but when I said a threat like that it meant I was furious and when I'm furious to the highest level, thigs do not go down well. That they knew.

Kalee began, "Last night when you were dancing with him,I, and may others, were snapping shots. You two looked so adorable. Almost everyone looked tempted to leave the dance floor so you two can have to yourselves. It was like sparks from your bodies were flying around the room."

Tamara rolled her eyes at this. "I should still be mad that you stole him, but I met this cute guy at the corner store earlier and I'mtelling you the truth when I say I definately turned him on."

A laugh escaped my mouth. She loved turning boys on. It was like seeing a guy with an erection was being on cloud nine for her. "What's his name?"

"Chris. Not ours, a different one. He's Italian."

"Our Chris is Italian," I informed her. Our little group was filled with multi cultural people. I was Jamacain-Indian, Tamara was Peutro Rican and Jamaican, Cam was full on Italian, and Kalee and Bruce were mostly Indian but their grandmother was Australian. We were all a wierd mix but we did come out with fantastic feaures.

"This one is our age though. But back to you. What did people comment?"

"Stuff like you could tell its love even from a mile and am I invited to the wedding. Stuff like that."

I nearly choked altough my heart was jumping with happiness that people thought we were in love. "Were we that obvious?" I asked her.

She nodded, staring me straight in the eye. "Yeah pretty much."

I realized Cam had stayed quiet during this subject. "Don't worry hon, I'm not that interested in him. And plus I told myself to stay low for a while." I know I just lied but at least half of i could be true. I should stay away from boys for a while. But why was I even consedering this? Then I remebered how Nathan had said he didn't like that I dated guys just for fun and not really for feelings. But why should I care what he does and doesn't like? Maybe I'm just being dilusional.

Cam smiled at what I said. "That's good. When I leave, I'm still going to make sure I check on those guys you date."

I felt my heart dive downward. I hated the favt that Cam was leaving. Even though, I knew Kalee longer and Tamara and I had so much in common, Cam was the one I was closest to in the group. He was my best friend in the world and having him move away because of his father's job was heartbreaking.

I was going to miss him so much. I still smile everytime I think about the first time we met. He wasn't born paticuraly in Italy but his mom was heading to her second trimester with him when they moved here. When my mom found out her high school and college friend was back form Italy with a son and another on the way she jumped up excited.

Cam saw my depressed look and changed the subject. "You guys wanta hit the beach now?"

Kalee shook her head. "Not really. I just got comfortable."

I got off the bed and grabbed my gree-white striped tote bag. "Come on," I tugged on her hand, foring her to get up. "We're expecting a visitor anyway."

She puckered her eyebrows. "We are?"

"Yeah, Nathan wanted to come so he should be down there in fifteen minutes." I said this casually so I didn't show my excitement and nervousness. I didn't know the last time when I was nervous to tell my friends,minus Cam, about a boy. I certainly didn't know why it felt different this time.

"Serena, I thought you would lay off," Cam said quietly, leary not liking the idea of me hanging out with Nathan.

But I turned the situtation back on him. "I am. Didn't you say you want to meet every new guy that enters my life? Well now is the chance."

He knew my game too well and turned the situation back on me. "Yeah well not when you're walking around in a two piece with your stomach showing."

"Well I'm sorry but its too late to cancel on him.He's probably already on his way, so please just deal with it."

He nodded understandily but there was still doubt inhis eyes. I ignored it and walked out he door with my friends, Kalee already starting on a speech about her boyfriend being immature last night.

We got to the kitchen where Lucia was putting drinks in a cooler. She was like a second mother to me since my mother, the wedding planner, was hardly around. Lucia could've been a great mom if she wanted tobut she said she isn't looking for pregnancy until she is married to the love of her life for atleast two years. I mean, she's been daing a guy named Ben for six yars now soits still a mystery has to why he hasn't popped the question by now.

"I mean, how could you not trust your girlfriend?" Kalee went on. "If you really did have trust for her, you would know she's not going to give the guys who look at her a second look just because she's in a bathing suit. Boys are so emotional sometimes, you know?"

We knew not to answer that questionfor two reasons. One was it was most likely a rethorical question and two, that meant we would be interrupting Kalee in the midst of her speech and that could end up bad not only for the person that interrupted her, but for all of us.

We got into the car, Tamara in the front seat next to Lucia while Kalee coninued her speech. It wasn't until we reached the Highway did she finally shut up. Personally, I don't mind her speeches. They tend to have something useful in there from time to time. And plus, it was just Kalee being Kalee.We wouldn't want her any other way. I looked out the window as we wooshed by cars and onto the bridge. My mind drifted to Nathan and last night. Why? I still couldn't figure that out myself. But though I knew I should stop myself from fantisizing about him, I allowed myself to continue. I remebered the way he held me last night and how secure it felt. The way I felt a chill of coldness the minute he let go of me. The way his skin was light as if he was the same race as me but not as dark as expected. His hair wasn't like the way I knew other African-Americans. It was shaped the way it should but piled with soft dark brown hair the same color of my natural highlights,maybe a little darker. I felt smiled at the thought of his lips against mine. His toungue swaying in dance mode with mine. His hands roaming my body smoothly. His---

Oh my God Serena stop! I shouldn't be thinking about a boy like this. I shouldn't have this kind of attraction towards him. His my friend, we made that pretty clear.Who knows, maybe he could become one of us. But I certainly wasn't supposed to be thinking about him like that. Boys are something to have fun with, not wonder about. I couldn't get too serious with a boy. That wasn't me. That wasn't the girl everyone knows. I was a player---a unique one but still a player.

As I rubbed suncreen on Cam's back, he asked, "we've been here for ten minutes and the drive over here was pretty long so shouldn't he be here by now?"

"He lives far from this beach too."

"I thought this was supposed to be our day," he said quietly.

A wave of guilt washed over me. He was right. "I'm sorry. That doesn't mean I won't hang out with you today."

"I know but you've never let a boy intrigued with our time before."

"They were all flings. This boy is different."

"How?" He asked curiously.

I don't know, I thought to myself. "He's a friend," I said aloud.

I felt his body his body raised and fall with a sigh. "Alright I guess it won't be that bad if he's not going to be gawking over you and you flirting back."

"I didn't say he wouldn't gawk over me. I mean really, have you seen me?" I teased.

His body relaxed against my hands and he let out a laugh. "You're the cockiest person I've ever met."

"And I thought you knew your brother," I shook my head athimand laughed. Leaning forward I kissed his cheek. "Thanks for understanding."

He looked back at me, eyes warm."Its you. I'll always understand you." He got upand picked up his rented surfboard. "I'm gonna test the waves for a while, than I'll tell you if its good enough."

I nodded as I slipped on my sunglasses and layed on my back next to Kalee. Tamara had gone in the water before Cam, body surfing on her purple board. All three of us loved to surf, but Tamara was the pro out of all of us.

Kalee put her phone down after she pressed what I assume was 'Send.' "He's still being unfaithful."

I sighed an exaperated sigh. "Kalee, can you please forget about your boyfriend for one minute? He'll get over it. Just enjoy yourself and deal with it later."

"What do you know about relationships? You've never had one."

"I've had enough small ones to know you have to give the guy time to think."

"Fine, but if he gets mad atme for not answering his texts later, its allon you."

"So what if he gets mad? You have to show him who has the power. He can't think he can control you. That's is just wrong."

"So you never let a boy take control?"

I turned my head to look at her. "Do I seem like the type?"

"No but when you finally fall in love, you have no control over it. It just happens."

I shrugged. "Love or not the guy has to know I'm the boss."

"Are you now?" A deep, smooth voice said behind me.

I looked up to see a smiling Nathan in nothing but blue trunks. I forced myself to look down so I wouldn't stare at his abs. How old is he to have abs like that? "I see you finally decided to show up. I was starting to lose hope."

He smirked. "I didn't know you craved to see me that much."

"Hi Nathaniel," Kalee said next to me as I said up.

He looked at her as if confused to why she knew his name. "Hi," he repeated slowly.

Kalee extanded her hand. "I'm Kalee, its nice to finally talk to you?"

Nathan took her hand and said, "You too I guess. So your a friend of Serena?"

She nodded. "Yeah, or a better way to look at it is Serena's a friend of mine."

I snapped my head towards her. "Kalee please."

She smirked at me, a laugh in her eyes. "Fine, fine, I'll leave you guys to catch up. You should probably tell him about the pictures."

Nathan looked confused as he sat down on her towel. "Pictures?" he asked.

"Its nothing. She was just being dumb and took pictures of us last night. Its notthing big," I said shyly. Usually I fake shyness around boys but this one made it come out real, and not at all the confident girl I realy was.

Nathan's eybrows shut up. "She took pictures of us?" I nodded. "Why?"

"She usually does when I'm with a boy. Its to determine what people think of him and I so I don't pick the wrong guy." I was blushing now Oh my gosh I was blushing and it didn't seem forced. THAT was definetly a first.

"So if people say you guys look cute together tthat means you will date him?"

I nodded. "Most likely.Sometimes I would appear with a boyfriend to surprise them but it has someone they like." I don't know why I was telling him thiss but for a reason I didn't regret it.

"Who exactly are they?"

"My friends."

He nodded, comfirming this. "Those friends?" He poinred Tamara and Kalee."

"No the people that know me."

He stayed quiet for a second. "Why?"

I stared at him coccking my head to the side, signaling I was confused. "Why?"

"Why do you listen to what people think? Don't you want to live your own life?"

I didn't talk for a while, trying to put my answer together. I should probably sidestep this question, or rather questions. But somehow when I'maround this boy, my head seems to do whatever it please. So I found myself telling him everything. "It kind of started in sixth grade,when mybrother was born. I put pictures of him in my locker and some of the most popular girls saw it and said he was the cutest thing ever and that I should start hanging out with them. Of course, me being me wouldn't do anything without Tamara and Kalee so I convinced them to be friends with the girls." I paused, waiting for him to ask me questions, but he just sat there, legs crossed and looked at me with those beautiful chocolate eyes, using them to urge me to go on. "We hung out and people payed attention to what I was doing more than usual. So it was like I went from being normal to this girl everyone loves. I started getting stalkers, secret admires and boyfriends. Well, it wasn't my first boyfriends but I had them more frequently now. But then I dated this guy for a few months and I convinced myself I was in love wih him. I found him cheating on me and to get back at him I started dating this row of boys and rubbing it in his face. Of course I realized I wasn't in love with him but it seemed fun at the time. People gave me names, thinking I slept with them and stuff. Tamara tried the player thing and liked it and people started calling her rude names. We assured them we did for fun and that we don't go out with anybody, only cute ones. The popular girls got mad at us for stealing their spotlight so they went out with one of my boyfriends. I ignored them and went on dating boys. And from then on, people expect me to go out with hot boys or I'm a quitter. And if you knew me, you would understand how much that hurts to be called a quitter." I took a deepbrath,not realizing I've been talking fast. I looked over to him to see his reaction. He had his eyebrows raised.

"Did any body ever tell you you talk a lot?"

I let out a laugh. "hat's it? That's all you have to say."

He shrugged. "Its just there was a shorter way of telling me the story and if it wasn't interesting you would've lost me."

I eyed him. "So... no comment?"

"I didn't know someone cheated on you. But then again I don't know you that well."

I have no idea why but I started to get annoyed. "You aske me a question and I answered you and that's all the comeback I get? "

"Well what do you want me to say? You wouldn't like what's really on my mind so I might as well keep my mouth shut, altough I have to admit that's a first for me."

Your telling me, I thought. I have done lots of firsts around him and though I knew I probably wouldn't like what he has to say, I still wanted to hear it. "You can tell me."

"I was going to say, you shouldn't have to continue just beause people want you to. Dating guys you have no feeling for is ruining you not them. In fact, it just gives entertainment to them. Your keeping behind whoyou really are."

I jumped to conclusions immidiately. "Are ou calling me fake?"

He laughed once and shook his head. "You are far from fake but from what you've told me, you seem to let that show around me and your real friends. No one else."

I shrugged, knowing he was right. "What about you?You've never done something youaren't really in but people wants from you?"

He shookhis head again. "Nope. Well only around my parents. My friends don't always last long."

"Why do you have to do stuff you don't want to around your parents."

"Wellits not that I don't want to do it its just they expect more than they should."

I raised one eyebrow. "And that is?"

"Education. They want me to be a doctor and they don't allow anything to get in the way of my eduation. Or at least my mom doesn't."

"What about your dad?"

He shrugged, as if it didn't matter but I could see the sadness in his eyes. "He travels a lot. He's a buisness consultant."

"Oh that's good I guess. But you've never dated someone you didn't want to? Even from a bet?"

Another shake of the head. "No, my mom wouldn't allow it?"

"Your mom doesn't allow you to date?"

Before he had a chance to answer, am came strudding our way, a group of girls gawking at him from behind. H eshookhis head to get water off, making the girls sigh and giggle. I rolled my eyes as Cam smirked, obviously hearing them. "You are suh a jerk," I told him as he rested his board.

He laughed. "At least I won't ask for their phone numbers. By the way, the water's---" He trailed off, his eyes stopping on Nathan---"great.Umm..."

"Oham this is Nathan, Nathan this is my best friend Cam."

They greeted each other with heys and I ontinued, not wanting the situation to be awkward. "What were you saying about the water?"

He turned his gaze back on me. "Oh its fantastic, there's some grat waves. Tamara does not want to get out."

"Cool, I'll probably go in, in a little while."

He seemed hung on the word "little while" as if confused to why I wasn't jumping in the water right away. Then he looked atNathan again and nodded understandily. I loved when he did that. It meant he wasn't judging you, but seeing it from your prespective. "Cool, I'm gonna grab a drink and head back in." He rushed off.

"You surf?"

I nodded. "Yeah do you?"

He shook his head. "Of course not."

I felt offended. Somehow, he semed to be good at making me feel that. "Why not?"

"I just don't like it."

"If you don't surf then what's the point of oming to the beach?"

"I'm usually a walk on the sand type of person but I don't like surfing. I don't know why but I justdo."

"A walk around person? You sound like a love struck girl."

"That's good to know. Maybe I can ome to one of your little sleepovers and let you guys do my nails and hair and---oooh talk about cute celebrities." He faked a nasal voie.

I cracked up, rolling in the sand. "I'll give you an invitation next time."

We laughed and joked for what seemed like forver. I started to feel more at ease around him. I found out thathe hated pretty muh everything I did and we ended up arguing a lot about silly things. Tokeep my promise to Cam and went to check out the water. But I didn't stay for long. When I came out I found a short brunette standing over my towel, laughing. I felt better when he looked my way and smiled, telling the girl he was in a middle of a conversation with me. Even my friends joked around him when we went to the nearest cafe. I swear I've never had somuch fun at the beach and as much as I hate to admit it, Nathan was the main cause of that,

-------------------------------------------------

Awww. So the Nathan and Serena story continues. I wrote parts on different days and some of those days I had writer's block so please excuse boring parts.And the dramatic spacing...I had nothing to do with that. Myomputer seems to work differently than others. I hop you guys enjoy and we're going to be following the life of these two lovebirds for a few more chapters until we get back to the original Serena and Alex.

Don't forget to omment and Vote and fan please. Thanks and kisses.

-Steph

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152 18 20
Audrey Harper is a 21 yeah old girl who hasn't been in school for a while. When she finally gets accepted at the college that her dad wished for her...
730 30 50
Addison wabash is in her senior year of high school just having fun as a teenager with her three best friends not really worried about guys. What ha...
3.5M 72.5K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...
5.1M 166K 43
"They were like three half-naked supermodels with bedhair and matching movie star grins. What did I get myself into...?." Serena Jones an eighteen ye...