High School Scandal (A BoyxBo...

By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!! Hot tempered and impulsive Derek James and Calm and composed Evan Staton ha... More

~Scandal~ 1
~Scandal~ 2
~Scandal~ 3
~Scandal~ 4
~Scandal~ 5
~Scandal~ 6
~Scandal~ 7
~Scandal~ 8
~Scandal~ 9
~Scandal~10
~Scandal~11
~Scandal~12
~Scandal~13
~Scandal~14
~Scandal~15
~Scandal~16
~Scandal~17
~Scandal~18
~Scandal~19
~Scandal~20
~Scandal~21
~Scandal~22
~Scandal~23
~Scandal~ 24 Lyrics "Knock Me Off My Feet"
~Scandal~25
~Scandal~26
~Scandal~27
~Scandal~29
~Scandal~30 part 1
~Scandal~30 part 2 (FINALE)
High School Scandal Sequel!!
Scandalous: HSS & ITHWAK Sequel
~Scandal~ Specials (Derek & Evan's 1st time)
To Fans!! Important notice!

~Scandal~28

287K 5.8K 4K
By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

<---- VOTE FOR THIS EXCITING CHAPTER! OMG! >.<

Cookie:  ATTENTION!!! Ahhh! Pic on the right is Derek...sexy sexy Derek!

The song for this chapter is "Next To You" By Chris Brown w/ Justin Bieber (THIS SONG WILL BE VERY SIGNIFICANT IN THIS CHAPTER IN MORE WAYS THAN 1 ;p)

I was too excited to have time to edit this chapter >.< So I uploaded w/o editing but I'll edit as I read along after publishing. Excuse any mistakes! O;

oh and   HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIOVANNIE STORM!!! aka AMYSCENCE ;)

----

~Evan's POV~

"I should have decked him more."

      I turned my attention away from the computer screen and watched Derek enter my room, half naked from the waist down. Fresh out of the shower, he still had beads of water sliding down his skin and dripping on the carpet as he dried his hair with a dark blue towel that matched the color of his boxers.

     "By 'him' I'm guessing you're referring to Charlie," I said, half amused. Now that I had my eyes on him, I couldn't seem to be able to look away.

     "Yeah," Derek grumbled, plopping his butt down on the edge of my bed. "Charlie."

    It was already dark outside, having been two hours since we left Charlie's house after our confrontation with him. When we left, the four of us, Paul, Shelly, Derek and I didn't immediately part ways and go home. Instead we stopped by Mcdonald's to get something to eat and discuss what we were going to do next.

     After an hour of heated discussion, all of us decided that we'd pay a visit to Shelly's father together. Shelly had been reluctant, her fear transparent but Derek nor any of us would have it. Someone needed to talk to her father and since Shelly didn't have anyone else to do it...it was left to me, Derek and Paul.

     Outnumbered, Shelly finally agreed but begged to do it tomorrow because she couldn't handle so much stress at one time. That, Paul and I agreed on so I made Derek shut up and submit to her request. Waiting another day wouldn't hurt. It would give us even more time to prepare. Who knows what will happen when we face her father about his abusiveness towards his only daughter.

    "I'm glad Daisy wasn't stupid enough to stay with him," Derek said, tossing the towel over his shoulder. "It serves him right."

     "Yeah," I nodded in agreement. I didn't voice that there was a part of me that felt sorry for Charlie. I didn't expect Derek to understand my sympathy. He'd probably want to get my head examined.

     "Thanks for letting me stay over." Derek shot me a knowing look from under the damp hair over his eyes. "Though I know why you were so willing to agree to have me spend the night at your place."

     I smiled and shrugged. "I'm not letting you out of my sight until you cool down more, Derek. For all I know, you'll go stomping off to Charlie's house to finish what you started."

    Derek scowled. "To finish what he started, you mean. The jerk actually tried to go after a pregnant woman."

    My smile dimmed. "I don't think he was going to go through with it."

    Derek didn't look like he believed me. "Yeah? So why'd you grab Shelly out the way then, huh?"

     I lifted a brow. "Just in case Charlie tripped while trying to stop himself?"

     Derek rolled his eyes and threw the wet towel at me. "Yeah, nice try, smart-ass."

     I chuckled and caught the towel before it hit the carpet. I stood and hung it on the back of my chair. "Charlie wouldn't have hurt Shelly."

     "Keep telling yourself that."

     "Okay, I will."

     Derek groaned and dropped his back on the bed, grabbing the football off the small desk next to it. He tossed the ball up in the air and caught it, repeating the action over and over again. He seemed lost in thought, a furrow creasing between his brows as he kept tossing the ball up with concentration.

     I sat on the edge of the bed, watching and waiting until he finally said what was on his mind. While he was distracted with his thoughts, I took advantage and took my time on gazing at him. My eyes slid from his blue boxers to his exposed taunt abs that formed a slight six pack. My eyes continued to go up slowly, stopping a few seconds on his chest before going up again to admire the way his muscles flexed as he tossed the football up.

     My lips curved into a small discreet smile when I finally got to his face. I loved his hair like that, damp and fresh. He looked boyish and adorable, even with that frown on his face. I loved everything about Derek, even his domineering side. It would often get on my nerves but sometimes I can't help but find it incredibly...sexy.

      Sighing, Derek stopped tossing the ball and sat up. He didn't look at me when he half turned so that he could turn the radio on the clock on the desk beside the bed. He switched the tune to his favorite station where on old song from Nickleback was playing and turned right back around and settled on his back again. The whole time I had watched him and admired his shoulders and back. I also found Derek's back strangely arousing.

     What don't I find arousing about him? I joked to myself, amused at the direction my own thoughts were going.

     Derek started to toss the ball up again but paused when his eyes met mine. He lifted a curious brow. "What are you smirking at?"

    My 'smirk' turned into a full grin as I shook my head, chuckling. "Nothing. It's nothing. My head's just in the clouds."

     "What are you thinking about?"

     "What are you?" I countered.

     "That I'd be happy when this whole Shelly business is over so we can finally focus on what's more important."

     "And what's that?" I asked, curious of what his answer would be.

     "Us."

     I stared into his dark brown eyes and looked away. "Oh."

     "Don't act like you hadn't been thinking the same thing now and then."

     I smiled. "I had. Hopefully everything would be settled after we talk to her father."

     Derek gave out a sarcastic snort. "Yeah. Right."

     I stood up with a tired sigh. "I'll go take a shower." But before I could turn around and walk away, Derek grabbed my wrist and gave a sharp tug. I gave out a startled gasp and landed on top of him.

     Derek groaned and pretended to wince with pain. "Man, you need to lose some weight."

     I felt a flush creeping up my cheeks so I scoffed to hide my embarrassment and tried to get off of him but his arm snaked itself around my waist and kept me in place. I scowled up at him. "Derek, let me up."

     "Hmm. I think I'm comfortable like his."

    "Derek."

     "Evan."

     I rolled my eyes at his sudden playfulness. "I need to take a shower." I tried to push myself off of him and would have been successful if he hadn't plopped his entire leg over mine. "Derek!"

     He chuckled. "Why are you so ready to get away from me all of a sudden?" He quirked a brow. "Feeling shy by my awesome half nakedness?"

     My lips twitched as I fought off a smile. "Yeah sure. Be still my heart."

     Derek opened his mouth, to probably say something sarcastic in return I'm sure but he stopped then groaned.

     "What?"

    "This song."

     I cocked my ear towards the radio and listened. "You don't like Chris Brown?"

    "No, I don't like who's singing with him."

    I listened again then smiled. "Justin Bieber?"

     "It's that song the girls wouldn't stop singing in school for an entire month when it first came out. Right Next To You...or something like that." Derek groaned again when the chorus started. "Who's big idea was it to have that little boy sing with someone like Chris Brown?"

     I laughed softly. "I think that little boy is like...seventeen already?"

          "Who cares? He looks like a douche."

     "Stop hating on the guy, Derek. He's not that bad."

    "Pfft, right."

     Since it didn't seem like Derek was willing to let me up anytime soon, I surrendered and rested my head on his chest, lulled by the sound of his heartbeat. I relaxed and closed my eyes, listening to the melody that was the beating of his heart.

     "Hmm?" I yawned, thinking that I had heard him say something but didn't quite catch it. "What did you say?"

     "One day when the sky is falling, I'll be standing right next to you."

    I blinked and looked up. "Are you singing?"

     Derek looked annoyed but he nodded. "Yeah, stupid song's stuck in my head now."

    I couldn't help it. I laughed.

     "Oh, think that's funny, do you?" Before I could react, he pulled me up closer to him with ease and rolled right on top of me.

     "Ugh," I cried out half-heartedly. "You're heavy!"

    "One day when the sky is falling," he sang, "I'll be standing right next to you. Right next to you."

      I stopped struggling and stayed still, looking into his eyes as he sang the next part. "Nothing will ever come between us, I'll be standing next to you."  He leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. "Standing right next to you."

     His damp hair tickled my face but I didn't push him away. I don't think I even had it in me to. Instead I lifted my hands up and caressed his cheeks, savoring his closeness, this time alone with him.

     "Derek?"

     "Hmm?"

     "I...I love you."

     He kept his eyes close but a small smile tugged on his lips. "Yeah, I know."

     He sounded so sure and cocky about that I was tempted to smack him but I resisted the urge. I didn't want to ruin this peaceful moment. We rarely get any these days.

     I sighed.

     Derek lifted his head up and gazed down at me. "What was that sigh for?"

     "I'm just tired."

     "Ditto."

     I decided to indulge myself further and brushed his left cheek with the back of my fingers before running them through his damp hair. Lifting myself up with my elbows, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. Derek didn't pull away but he didn't react either. He just stayed still, watching and waiting for me to continue.

     Heart pounding and stomach burning with sudden desire, I slipped my tongue between the folds of his lips and was delighted when he let me in. He tasted fresh and minty and absolutely addicting.

     I raised myself up even higher, taking his face between my hands and deepened the kiss. Enjoying myself now, I ran my tongue against his teeth and laughed softly when Derek playfully nipped my tongue with his teeth.

     I glided my hands over his broad shoulder, his skin feeling hot under my fingertips. I broke the kiss and nuzzled my face against his neck, sliding my hands slowly down his shoulder to his biceps. I could feel his muscles under my palm and that seemed to stimulate me even more.

     But what about Derek?

     I pulled back and looked up at him. He was smiling, grinning down at me with a grin that seemed too boyishly goofy. I lifted a brow. "What's so amusing?"

     "Well," he began with a light chuckle, "I was just thinking that being with you isn't so bad."

     My other brow rose. "What?"

     "I mean...I like touching you...and I like you touching me. It's..." he paused, looking thoughtful before saying, "it feels natural."

     I smiled wanly. "I know what you mean."

      "You know, I wouldn't get caught dead cuddling with a girl but I don't mind if it's you," Derek continued. It seemed like he wanted to get it all off his chest. "Weird?"

      "No," I shook my head with a wider smile, "it's not weird. In fact, if I catch you cuddling with anyone else but me, I'll cut this off." I nudged his lower regions and he winced.

     "Ouch," Derek groaned then smiled. "That's pretty kinky."

     I rolled my eyes. "Only you would think so, Derek."

     "Hmm." He closed his eyes again and pressed his forehead against mine.

    "Derek?"

     "Hmm?"

    There was something bugging me and I needed verbal confirmation. "Are we...are we an official couple?"

     Derek was silent for a few seconds before responding with a sigh. "Do you really need to ask?"

     I relaxed. "Just making sure."

     He kissed my nose and rolled off of me and onto his back. "Go ahead and take a shower. I'll wait here for you."

     Somewhat disappointed from the loss of his body heat, I nodded and slipped out of bed. I paused by the door and glanced back at him. Derek stared at the ceiling, looking so deep in thought. Hoping that he wasn't having second thoughts and regretting his decision of voicing that we are a couple, I slipped out the room.

     Since my mother is working night shift tonight, Derek and I will have the house to ourselves for the rest of the night. As I took a shower, I was glad that mom wasn't home. I wanted to be alone with Derek. Maybe we can even....

     I felt myself blushing at the lewd images popping in my mind. I shook my head and ducked my head under the spray of the warm shower, my skin tingling at the very thought of Derek and actually taking our relationship a step further tonight.

     The ultimate step.

     I cut my shower time short and was out by fifteen minutes, hurriedly slipping on black pajama bottoms. As I dried my hair with a towel, I quickly walked back in my room with a smile, thinking that Derek would be up and waiting for me. Instead I found him flat on his stomach, fast sleep.

      I let out a disappointed sigh. Well...guess that's what I get for getting excited over nothing. I closed my room door and locked it, walking around the bed as I continued to rub the towel on my head. I studied Derek's back, waiting for a movement and when he didn't show any signs of being awake, I sighed again.

     Damn.

     I turned the computer and radio off and slipped into bed. I tugged the sheets and spread the covers over Derek and myself. I paused and watched him, waiting for a sign that would tell me that he woke up but there wasn't any. I sighed with disappointment again. There goes my little fantasy that we'd stay up all night to talk and cuddle.

     I settled down on the bed and turned off the lamplight on the desk by the bed. The room darkened, with only the lights from the outside of my window lighting up the room dimly. My thoughts strayed to Derek again as I turned my back to him. He must have been more tired than I thought. Poor guy.

     I placed the towel on the desk and snuggled deeper under the blankets, shivering. I stomped back my disappointed that he had fallen asleep so early and closed my eyes. I was about to let myself drift off into sleep when I felt the weight of the bed shift behind me and suddenly found my back pressed against Derek's chest, his arm going around me to draw me nearer.

     "Cold?" His breath felt hot against my ear as he asked me this.

     I shivered even more. "Yeah."

     His arm around me tightened and tossed his leg over me. "How about now?"

     I chuckled. "Nope. Still cold."

     "Hmm." Derek grabbed my shoulders and made me turn around to face him. He pressed me against him, my head settling on his shoulder and under his chin. "How about now?"

     I snuggled as close as possible to him and sighed with contentment. "Yup. Cozy."

     I felt his chest rumble with a soft chuckle and held me tighter. "Night."

     I closed my eyes. "Night."

     Well, the night didn't go as I had fantasized but falling asleep in Derek's warmth was the next best thing.

***

Shelly didn't show up for classes the next day but when the school bell rang to end the day, we found her waiting by the exit.

      She smiled up at the three of us as we approached her, looking tired and nervous. At least she looked cleaner and refreshed compared to yesterday and she wasn't wearing the same outfit. Now she wore blue jeans and a white tank top, her red hair in a high ponytail.

     "Hey, guys," she greeted Derek, Paul and I with a small hesitant wave.

      "Hi, Shelly." I smiled at her and took her into my arms because it seemed like she needed it. She clung onto me, hugging me back with all her might and I noticed even more just how fragile she was.

      She was the first to step back and smiled at Paul. "Hey."

      Paul smiled at her. "Hey."

      Derek looked between them and rolled his eyes. "Okay, enough with the chitchat. Let's get out of here and kick some Daddy butt."

     "Derek." I shot him a warning glare.

     Wearing a black shirt with black jeans, he looked innocently at me. "What?"

     I rolled my eyes but couldn't help smile a little. "Okay, let's go."

     "It's now or never," Paul commented, shoving his hands in his blue jean.

      Shelly decided to ride in Paul's yellow Hummer so Derek and I were left alone in my car as we drove to Shelly's house. Through the whole drive I made sure to keep reminding Derek to let me do all the talking and to just stand on guard just in case. He shrugged and kept saying "Yeah, yeah" but I didn't feel like he was really taking me seriously.

      Before parting ways, Shelly had mentioned that she had Paul drop her off at a friends house last night so she hadn't spoken to her father yet. She wanted to be the first to enter the house and tell him that we all needed to talk. The guys didn't feel comfortable with it but we let her have her way and agreed to let her lure him out to meet us.

     I parked behind Paul's Hummer when we reached Shelly's house. We all stepped out our cars at the same time, slamming the doors close and pausing to stare grimly at her house. It looked like a peaceful neighborhood to live in, with some kids playing outside under the cool warmth of the sun.

     Yes, it was a nice day...but why did I feel a sense of dread settling in my stomach? I've been feeling like this ever since I woke up snuggled against Derek. I walked around the car and glanced at him. He caught my look and smiled.

     "Let's get this show on the road," he joked, striding towards Shelly's house after Paul and Shelly. I stayed back a few seconds longer, trying to be optimistic but still...my instinct told me that something will end up going wrong. I just hope I was wrong...

     "You guys stay out here," Shelly instructed us, digging the keys out her pocket. "I'll tell dad that you guys are here but if he doesn't want to talk...I don't think it's a good idea to make him. Especially when he's drunk."

     "We'll be here," was all Derek said.

     Shelly looked worriedly at us before turning and unlocking the door. She pushed the door open and called out to her father. "Dad?" She stepped into the house. "Daddy?"

     "Derek," I said, watching Shelly disappear into the house with uneasiness. "Derek."

     "What?" He looked at me, brows furrowing at the urgent sound in my voice.

     "Something doesn't feel right."

    "Huh?"

     I looked at Paul. "I don't think that we should have let her go in there alone."

    Paul was starting to look worried too. "You think we should just walk in?"

     I glanced at the open door. "If Shelly doesn't come out in-"

    I never finished the rest of my sentence. A loud booming noise rang all around us, coming from inside the house and the three of us instinctively ducked for cover.

    "What the hell was that!?" Derek shouted.

     "Oh god," I cried, "Shelly!" I knew something was going to happen!

    "Shelly!" Paul called out her name, barging into the house. We all ducked again when another shot rang out from inside the house, the sounds of glass shattering. Then we heard Shelly scream and we all dove into the house to look for her.

    Shelly turned the corner and ran into us, arms flapping wildly. "Shelly!" Paul grabbed her, "what the hell was that? A gun? Are you okay-"

    "Run!!" Shelly screamed, shoving Paul back desperately. "Run! My Dad has a shotgun!"

    She didn't have to tell us again. We all ran to the exit, hearing Shelly's obviously drunk father bellowing for his daughter.

     "Shelly!" He screamed. "Where are you! Where is the guy who got you pregnant, huh!? Where is he!?"

    "What the hell did you tell him?" Derek asked her as we made it outside. We turned to look at the house.

    "Nothing!" She cried. "I walked in on him while he was polishing his guns. He didn't look drunk so I told him that I had some guy friends that wanted to talk to him then he turned red and freaked!"

    "Are you hurt?" Paul demanded, running his hands all over her.

    "I'm fine," she snapped, obviously shaken. "I'm okay, Paul." She shoved his hands away. "We have to get out of here."

     "SHELLY!" Her father boomed from within the house and he fired again, the window closest to us bursting and shattering into pieces. "SHELLY!" Her father's head popped out of the broken window and his red eyes landed on the four of us. "There you are, you son of a bitches! You got my daughter pregnant!"

     "Put that damn thing away!" Derek yelled at him when Shelly's father propped the deadly looking shotgun out the window. "You're going to kill someone with that!"

     From the look in his crazed eyes, Shelly's dad intended to do just that.

     "Oh shit," Paul said from behind me. "Everyone, run!"

     We all scrambled to get away and ducked for cover when the shotgun blasted, hitting the mailbox only a couple of feet from us. Neighbors were already filing outside to see what the ruckus was all about and when they saw Shelly's dad barging outside with the shotgun, they ran back inside, hopefully to call the police.

     The four of us ran in opposite directions beside Shelly's house. None of us wanted her father to come after us anywhere else and risk him shooting some innocent bystander. Derek and I hid behind the thick bushes on the side of the house only a few feet away from Shelly's dad. He was looking wildly around, wearing a stained white tank top and blue and white stripped boxer shorts.

     "The guy is a fucking lunatic!" Derek hissed.

     "Get down!" I hissed back, forcing Derek's head to duck down out the view of the maniac wielding a shotgun.

     "We have to get that gun away from him," Derek said, lifting his head back up to peek over the rim of the bushes.

    "Derek! Get down!" I tugged his arm. "How are we going to get that gun away from him? It's dangerous! We can get killed!"

     "Well someone has to do it," he snapped at me. "There are kids out here. With him shooting randomly like that, he can hit one of them."

    I swallowed, knowing that he was right but still...the thought of Derek going anywhere near something so dangerous...

    I grabbed his hand and held on. "Derek...don't. Just stay here and wait for the police. I'm sure the neighbors had called them by now."

    "He'll find us before the police comes," Derek said, looking sternly into my eyes. "This isn't exactly the perfect hiding spot. Paul and Shelly must be across from us, hiding behind those bushes."

    I felt my throat tightening, fear taking over. Fear for Derek's safety. "Derek..."

    He grabbed my face and held it between his hands. "Evan, trust me. I'll get that gun away from him."

     "But-"

    "Trust me!" He pulled back and glanced over the bush. "Stay here while I distract him."

    "What!?"

    Derek looked sharply at me. "I'm going to distract him...wait." He paused. "I see Paul. He's waving his hands...he's signaling something." Derek grinned. "Looks like he has the same idea as me."

    "Derek-"

     "Stay here, Evan." He started to stand. "Paul and I will handle this."

    I gaped at him. "Are you kidding me? You think I'll just sit back while you-"

     "Stay,"he snapped, cutting me off. "Don't get hurt."

     "Derek!" He was gone before I can stop him. Ugh! There he goes again, treating me like some delicate woman again!

     He ran into view, flapping his arms to get Shelly's dad's attention. "Over here you crazy fucker!" When Derek got his attention, Derek ran into the house. Shelly's dad roared and ran after him.

    "He's going to get himself shot!" I cried and ran out my hiding spot as soon as Derek and Shelly's dad disappeared into the house.

     Shelly and Paul ran to me. "Derek will lure him back out," Paul said, sounding positive. "I'll wait by the door and tackle Mr. Shane."

     The shotgun went off in the house and I paled. Oh god...Derek! I made an attempt to rush into the house but Paul blocked me. "Evan! Stop! Just wait okay? Take Shelly and wait." Paul jogged to the porch and pressed his back against the wall by the door, waiting.

     "Come on." I grabbed Shelly's hand and guided us back to the bushes. It was so frustrating! Knowing that Derek was inside, possibly dead but able to do nothing about it. All I can do was hope and pray.

     "Oh god, Evan," Shelly said, tears streaming down her face. "I'm so sorry...so sorry."

     "Quiet!" I shushed her. "Don't break down on me now, Shelly. Stay strong."

    "But-"

    "Shh!" I shushed her again when I saw Derek running past the busted window from within the house. I sighed with relief but tensed again when I saw Mr. Shane running after him, still holding the shotgun.

    "Now!" Derek shouted the second he ran outside.

     Paul reacted and tackled Mr. Shane. Their little plan looked like it was all going to go smoothly as Paul successfully tackled Mr. Shane but something went wrong as the two figures fell to the ground.

     The shotgun went off one last time.

     Derek ran off the porch and immediately turned around to help Paul wrestle Mr. Shane to the ground but when the shotgun went off, his body jerked to the side and I watched, horrified, as he went down and remained unmoving on the ground.

    Fear...red hot fear gripped at my lugs, blocking my windpipe. For several seconds, I couldn't breath as I watched Derek's still form on the ground. My eyes burned as something squeezed at my chest. I wanted to scream out his name but my vocals couldn't seem to function correctly.

     His name, sounding like a soft plea came out of my parted lips.

     "Derek."

-----

Cookie:

D: DEREK!!!!!! *wails* Ya know...ive always wanted to kill off one of my beloved characters just to see the fans reaction... O.o...*hides*

When I read the last paragraphes of this chapter with the song "Next To You" playing...I started to sniffle cause I FELT Evan's fear...and his lost. OMG.... D:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.3K 26
Evan Jakes is 5'6, 18 years old and a closeted gay. It seems that every day is on a constant repeat. That is until one day Evan ends up in a situat...
5.7K 159 52
With a painful past haunting his every move. Ren pushes himself further into his school work and studies. Determined to graduate the top of his class...
34.5K 1.5K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...
43.8K 3.4K 23
Ming had seen it with his own eyes how one of their senior classmates is always looking at Yo and Ming can clearly tell that the senior likes Yo. So...