Orphaned

Por kylieskatz22

14 year old, only child, Riker Lynch has just been put in an orphanage after his parents died. Will he ever g... Mais

Chapter 2 : Making a friend?
Chapter 3 : Nightmares and flashbacks
Chapter 4 : Eating?
Chapter 5 : Late night talk
Chapter 6 : Eating
Chapter 7 : The crash
Chapter 8 : Missing
Chapter 9 : Pills?
Chapter 10 : Caught
Chapter 11 : Feeling weird
Chapter 12 : Escaping
Chapter 13 : Home
Chapter 14 : Adopted?

Chapter 1 : Arriving

384 14 3
Por kylieskatz22

A/N : So guys... The sequel to Secrets was requested, but it's just not happening at the moment... So here is a new book. Enjoy.

Chapter 1

Riker POV

The police officer helped get me signed in and stuff. I was at an orphanage right now. And apparently, this is where I'd be staying for the next however many months. My parents were... dead...

This police officer had brought me back to my house so I could pack some things to take with me. But now we were actually here. This was reality.

I was fighting back tears as the police officer left, and I was alone with the lady at the front desk. I didn't want to be here! I wanted to go home and be with mom and dad!

"Alright, Riker. So you're 14?"

I nodded a little.

"Ok."

She suddenly pointed to a girl behind me, who was probably in her early 20s.

"That's Jackie. She's going to take you to the nurse's office so we can get some information on you, Riker."

I looked at Jackie. She smiled at me.

"Come here, Riker," Jackie said, reaching her hand out to me.

I slowly walked over, and took her hand. But I didn't want to. I hate doctors and nurses and all that kind of stuff.

She led me down a hallway. And then down another. We came to this office type room. There was a lady at a computer.

"This is Riker Lynch. He just got here. He's here for his first time appointment," Jackie said.

"Alright, Riker, you can take a seat over there. I'll call you when the doctor is ready for you," the lady behind the computer said.

Jackie left, and I walked over to a row of chairs. I sat down, and stared down at my feet. I was so nervous! I get so scared at places like this! And to make it worse, my mom isn't here!

And why is that, Riker?

Stop thinking about it! It wasn't your fault!

Except it was.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and ran my hand through my hair. I can't cry now. I can't think about what just happened a few days ago. I can't let it get to me.

"Riker."

I looked up. The lady at the desk motioned to a woman standing next to her desk. I got up, and followed the woman into a different room.

"Take a seat on the table, Riker."

I did as she said. My heart was racing, and my hands were slightly shaking. Why can't this all be a dream!?

"Alright, Riker. So we heard you got a little scratched up from the accident. Let's take a look."

My heart started pounding even more.

"So can you tell me what happened and what hurts?"

"W-w-we u-um... c-crashed... a-a-and u-um..."

"Calm down a little, Riker. There's nothing to be nervous about."

I swallowed hard. There's a ton to be nervous about!

"U-um... M-my back h-hurts..."

"Can you take your shirt off for me?"

I did as she asked. She had me lay down on my stomach, and she pushed on different parts of my back, asking if it hurt, and it did, every time.

"Alright. Get off the table, and stand up for me."

I did as she said.

"Now bend over as far as you can without it hurting a lot."

I wasn't able to bend over very far.

"Ok. Sit back on the table. Can you describe what made your back hurt from the accident?"

"U-um... W-well... W-we sort of... f-flipped over... a-and spun around... a-and s-somehow we e-ended up in a d-ditch upside down... I d-don't r-really remember..."

"Ok... So I'm going to guess that you were jerked around a lot, and it just strained your back. There's no bruising, but I can tell it definitely hurts you. Can you tell me what else hurts?"

"M-my neck..."

"Alright, that's probably from the same reason as your back. I see you have bandaids all over yourself. What's that from?"

"U-um... I-I was t-taken t-to the hospital... A-and there w-was g-glass in me..."

"Probably from broken windows, right?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Alright. Is there anything else you need to tell me about the crash?"

"I-I s-sort of f-feel d-dizzy a lot of t-times..."

"Ok. I want to see you again in a week, and examine you again to see how you're doing. Now let's get your height and weight."

I stood on the scale and against the wall while she measured me.

"You're on the skinny side, Riker. Do you eat normal meals?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Ok. And I see you wear glasses too."

"Y-yeah..."

"Ok. One more thing before you go. I want to take some of your blood to get it tested."

That was literally my breaking point. I burst into tears, and she hadn't even done anything yet.

"Aw, Riker. It'll be ok."

"I h-hate n-needles! P-please don't!"

"Riker, I have to so we can make sure everything is ok. It'll be over before you know it."

I watched as she got everything ready. I started to cry even harder. She called in another nurse. And the other nurse made me lay down. She told me to close my eyes, and think about something happy. But how can I do that when they're stealing my blood, my parents are dead, and I'm in an orphanage!?

"Riker, as soon as you calm down, you're free to go."

I felt a bandaid get put on my arm. I was handed a tissue, and someone helped me sit up. I couldn't see straight because of my tears.

After a few minutes, I was finally calm again. A nurse led me out, and Jackie was there, waiting for me. I followed her out into the hallway. She stopped walking.

"Hey, are you ok?" She asked, smiling a little.

I shook my head no, trying not to burst into tears again.

"Aw. What's wrong?"

"I j-just w-want to g-go home," I whispered, so close to tears.

"Aw, I'm sorry. But you get to see your new bedroom now."

She started walking, and I followed her again. She led me down a bunch of hallways and up some stairs. She led me into this small room. There was a tiny cot with a pillow and a blanket. And there were 3 shelves on the opposite wall. That was literally all there was room for in here. It was like I was in a closet.

My suitcase was on the cot. I slowly sat down on it, and looked at Jackie.

"Do you want help unpacking anything?"

"No..."

"Ok. Well I can show you around if you want."

I stood up, ready to follow her. She led me down a few hallways.

"This is the boys lounge for your age."

I looked through the doorway. There were boys playing videogames on a tv, playing board games, talking, and just hanging out.

"Ok. Follow me."

She led me downstairs.

"This is the cafeteria. You'll eat here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

I nodded. There were tables in the room.

"And if you're hurt, you can go to the nurse's office, where you already were today. And if you need to speak to a counselor or anything, you can go to the front desk, and talk to the lady there. She'll help you set something up."

She led me back to my small room. I swear, there's almost no room for me to live in here.

"So for your age group, dinner is at 6:00. There's a clock in the hallway. You'll have 30 minutes to eat. And then bedtime is at 9:00. You're expected to be in bed with the lights out by then. And you're not allowed to leave your room until morning. You're expected to be up by 8:30 for breakfast."

"Ok..."

"And lunch is at 12:30."

"Ok..."

"And I'm one of the monitors for your floor, so if you have any questions, just find me and ask."

"Ok..."

Jackie left, and I was all alone. No friends. No parents. No nothing...

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.1K 67 33
Riker becomes a foster child after he is abused at home. And then he gets put with the Lynchs after he's abused by his foster family. Of course all o...
5.2K 206 12
22 year old Riker Lynch was performing with R5 one night. Next thing he knows, he's blindfolded and handcuffed. He gets kidnapped, and won't be let g...
10K 248 20
15 year old Iris has been in the orphanage for a year now. Her life is actual shit. One day, she was forced to go to the adoption room. What happened...
11K 376 34
My name is Riley I don't have a last name I ever have not for 12 years, everyone things I am a normal 12 year old but I'm not I live in a care home...