Love Lock

By xo_emilee_xo

Au where Modest! forces Harry and Louis into a public relationship instead of keeping them apart. But how lon... More

Preface~Goodbyes
New Ways
Spaces
Mutual Understandings
Long Flights
Boyfriends
Best Efforts
First Dates
Good Intentions
Little Talks
Fresh Starts
Beach Days
Kisses
Reflections
Loopholes
Comforting Words
Next Steps
Confessions
Parallels
Revelations
Taking Chances
Gains and Losses
Midnight Tears
Epilogue~ Vows

Interventions

7.5K 187 187
By xo_emilee_xo

Harry and Niall sat laughing on the couch, watching a romcom they picked out after the concert last night.

Liam and Louis were staring intently at their chicken stir-fry in the shiny new wok. The hour was a little past twelve and they were making lunch for the group..or attempting to anyways.

"How do you know when it's finished?" Louis pushed the ingredients around, casually raising an eyebrow.

"You weren't watching the time? Louis!" Liam exclaimed while turning down the heat.

"That's what you get, asking for my help. I hardly know how to make my own sandwiches!" Louis laughed, smacking Liam with a wooden spoon.

Liam laughed loudly and punched Louis in the arm which resulted in an all out kitchen war.

"Get off me!" Niall and Harry turned around at Liam's humorous shriek.

"The stir-fry!" Harry yelped and scrambled to the steaming mess on the stove top.

"Did someone say stir-fry?" Niall followed Harry, pushing past the wrestling boys.

Everyone was laughing in the kitchen, it was the most relaxed the group had been since the event. Harry fixed the food, Niall helped, and the other two continued their mischief. But suddenly, the peace was interrupted by a cell phone ringing from the counter. The boys paused.

Harry picked up the phone and showed his mates the contact, it was Simon. Everyone simultaneously went rigid at the caller. A call from Simon usually meant bad news.

"Hello," Harry answered timidly. Liam smiled at his innocent voice.

"Oh..okay," Harry said after a moment. Louis stared at him intently, waiting for the news.

"Now? We were just about to eat..oh alright, okay, see you in a minute," Harry hung up and looked at the boys worriedly.

"We have to meet Simon and Richard now, he's sending a limo down," Harry pressed his lips together.

"They're in Manchester?" Niall blurted out.

"Yeah, he said it was urgent."

"Well what do you think he wants?" Louis shifted, nerves taking over.

"I guess we're going to find out," Liam said, looking out the window at the limo flashing it's lights out front.

The four boys climbed in and were whisked away to an unknown location. Harry looked out the window, stuck in his own mind.

Louis watched him curiously but turned to Liam as the limo pulled into a wide driveway.

"Li where are we?" Louis squinted out the window.

"Office building of some type."

"I don't have a good feeling about this" Niall sighed, opening his door.

"Neither do I," Harry mumbled.

Security surrounded the group to escort them inside. The brick building was large and gave everyone a foreboding feeling.

"Ah, my boys," a voice echoed throughout the halls. It's familiarity sent chills down their spines.

"Simon," Liam called out, standing in front of the boys like their bodyguard, as if he could protect them from every danger in the world.

Simon appeared through the set of glass double doors with a smile.

"Why did you come all this way? What's going on?" Liam spoke again, coming face to face with the aged man.

"Follow me," Simon beckoned, leaving Liam without an answer.

The boys shared uneasy glances between each other and followed Simon back through the glass doors.

"Mr.Griffiths," Louis greeted with a nod and a passive aggressive smile.

"Have a seat," Richard gestured to the four chairs facing his desk, "we have a lot to discuss."

"So..?" Niall coughed after they were all seated.

"Zayn's departure is affecting this band negatively," Simon started with a long, drawn out sigh.

"So you felt the need to fly out from LA just to tell us that?" Louis asked with a shake of his head.

"No Mr.Tomlinson, this is an intervention," Richard replied sharply. Harry and Niall looked at each other and Liam bit his lip.

"We are losing money fast and it's time we do something before this situation gets out of control," Simon said more calmly.

"I suppose you have something in mind," Liam looked up and the men nodded in unison. His heart pounded, this couldn't be good, Liam thought.

"Simon and myself met up and analyzed every aspect of what makes One Direction popular. We have been following fan trends and believe we've come up with a magic solution," Griffiths grinned.

"That being said, Harry, Louis," Simon addressed them.

Tingles shot up Harry's back hearing their names together once again. Liam gripped the edge of his chair in anticipation. Louis hung his head in his hands knowing exactly where this was going and Niall sat, mouth agape.

"85% of the fanbase has a fascination with an imaginary relationship, they call it.."

"Larry Stylinson" Louis whispered, completely frozen.

"Precisely, we explored the idea and came to the conclusion that in a time of strife, that being Zayn's absence, Larry coming out would bring everyone together and save the band," Simon finished, waiting for a reaction.

"You said it yourself Richard, it's not real. If they aren't together how on earth do you expect them to come out?" Niall asked astonished.

"It's an act, Louis and Harry will pretend to be together. The public goes wild, and One Direction is spared from an unavoidable, harsh, end," the man spit in a voice far too steady.

"This footage was taken from last night's show. Watch the fans reaction carefully," Simon pointed to the overhead screen.

Louis watched with steam coming out of his ears while Harry hid behind his sweater paws, heart beating a million miles a minute.

The screen showed the moment in Ready To Run with the vocal save. Louis watched Harry carefully and helped the boy finish the verse after holding the note that they had practiced in dress rehearsal. The fans screamed happily, holding up signs that said 'Larry'.

"You're kidding me! We decided that at rehearsal! It doesn't mean a thing! I'm not doing this! I won't!" Louis stood up, shoving his chair behind him. 

"You will do as we say and if you don't, not only is this band over but so is your singing career here after!" Griffiths shouted, slamming his fist against the desk.

"I'm not fucking gay! What kind of sick stunt is this? You're putting me in some kind of twisted love lock !" Louis screamed back, lunging at Simon.

"Louis please," Harry whispered with tears in his eyes, stumbling backwards from the commotion.

"It's a pretend relationship give me a break," Simon rolled his eyes as Liam jumped up and grabbed Louis before he could worsen the situation.

Louis glanced at Harry's lanky figure standing terrified behind him.

"So I guess that's it boys. Make it believable or you know what the consequences will be. Simon and I will be in touch," Richard stood up and walked out with the other man, Louis cussing them out the entire time.

Niall pulled the youngest into his arms. Harry shook but held onto Niall tighter.

"Louis, I need you to look at me," Liam began with caution, still holding his wrists firmly.

"Liam I can't do this," Louis growled.

"Look at me," he hushed once more.
Louis turned around and Liam pulled the oldest into a hug.

"Louis this is just a game. Go along with it and I will find a way to get you and Harry out as quickly as possible," he whispered in his ear.

Louis nodded and pulled back, watching Harry cry into Niall's embrace.

"Louis?" Harry met his gaze with tear stained cheeks, and for a moment the caramel haired boy paused.

But just like he had done time and time again, Louis ignored him and stormed out of the building. Away from the feelings he didn't want to remember and away from Harry.

"He hates me," Harry clung onto Niall again. It was hard enough on Harry that he lost his best friend, but this, Liam thought, this is too much, this is going too far.

"No he doesn't, shh Haz he doesn't," Niall cooed.

"Let's go home."

"Okay Harry."

"I'm so sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 2.5K 11
Louis always gets together with everyone he dates in high school and breaks up with them because he never falls in love. Niall and Liam are fed up a...
1.9K 76 20
Louis is just a normal teenage boy who loves his family, his friends and his life in general. The only thing is that he has a huge secret he is hidin...
149K 3.9K 29
This is a story about Harry Styles, a famous hotelier and Louis Tomlinson, an average guy who somehow found himself working for Mr. Styles in one of...
38K 1.8K 8
Louis new roommate is rude and mean and has no boundaries. He keeps walking in on him when he has sex, even if he puts a sock on the doorknob. They f...