Fairytale Fate: The Legend Be...

Por MelodyKingWriter

FEATURED ON THE HEROES & LEGENDS READING LIST OF WATTPAD'S MYTH AND LEGENDS ACCOUNT Twin sisters Aura and Car... Más

Fairytale Fate: The Legend Begins - A/N
Cast, Playlist, and More!
♚ P R O L O G U E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • O N E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W O ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H R E E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F O U R ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F I V E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • S I X ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • S E V E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • E I G H T ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • N I N E ♚
♚ C H A P E T E R • T E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E L V E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T E E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F O U R T E E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F I F T E E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • S I X T E E N, P A R T • 1 ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • S I X T E E N, P A R T • 2 ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • S E V E N T E E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • E I G H T E E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • N I N E T E E N, P A R T • 1 ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • N I N E T E E N, P A R T • 2 ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - O N E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - T W O ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - T H R E E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - F O U R ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - F I V E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - S I X ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - S E V E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - E I G H T ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y - N I N E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - O N E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - T W O ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - T H R E E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - F O U R ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - F I V E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - S I X ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - S E V E N ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - E I G H T ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • T H I R T Y - N I N E ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F O R T Y ♚
♚ C H A P T E R • F O R T Y - O N E ♚
♚ E P I L O G U E ♚

♚ C H A P T E R • E L E V E N ♚

204 16 11
Por MelodyKingWriter

__________
"Like so many things, it is not what is outside but what is inside that counts." –The Merchant (Aladdin)
__________

Carolyn, Aura, and Bailey brushed the dirt off of their clothes as they stumbled onto their feet. The girls' rings glowed a soft gold before returning to their dormant state. They tightened the string of their cloaks in an attempt to block out the cool early morning breeze.

Cicadas buzzed as they settled into the unruly brush. Small birds flew high above in the pale lavender sky, their songs echoing below.

"Our first stop is the camp. I want to make sure that Robin is okay. We can borrow horses and go to Orrinshire, I think my father may be able to help us locate The Lamp of Promise," Bailey said as she pulled out the faded yellow map and compass, this time leading the twins through the bushes instead of the main trail. "Silvia said that she would cast a spell that will slow down time on Earth so one day here would be approximately one hour there."

"So roughly 30 days here until we need to go back?" Aura asked. She wasn't sure how she could ever last that long, still not convinced that she wasn't schizophrenic, or otherwise mentally ill.

Bailey nodded as the three ducked under a low-hanging branch.

As the three girls walked, they chatted about their surroundings, with the twins periodically asking their friend questions about life on Fabula. They froze when they heard twigs snapping from behind them.

Bailey pulled Aura and Carolyn behind a thick tree trunk and listened intently for any additional movement. The three of them stood still, their heartbeats pulsing in their ears.

"Are you waiting for something?"

All three girls jumped out of their skin and spun around to find Robin in dark brown attire with the hood of his wool cloak draped on top of his mop of wavy brown hair. The quiver on his back was filled with arrows with his bow hung lazily across his body.

Bailey immediately wrapped him in a hug, almost tackling him to the forest floor. "I was so scared that you might be dead!"

"I'm here, aren't I?" He pulled away from her and stretched out his arms. "And not a scratch on me."

"There will be if you ever make me that scared again."

Robin let out a laugh before stepping around Bailey and giving Aura a quick hug. He then gave Carolyn a hug that lasted a few seconds longer than her sister's, allowing him to whisper, "Thank you again." When he pulled away, he flashed her a small smile. Carolyn was surprised by his openness to her, but she decided to embrace it and smiled back at him.

Together the four trekked through the wilderness, occasionally hiding behind a tree whenever a sound resembling a horse and carriage met their ears. When they finally arrived at the camp, the sun shone lazily in the early afternoon sky.

They wandered into Robin's tent to escape the scorching sun—Fabula's spring was far warmer than the one the twins experienced in Massachusetts.

They weren't alone, though, as Marian sat on the ground anxiously awaiting Robin's return. She rose to her feet like a lost puppy when the flap to the tent was pushed to the side, but her happiness was short-lived when she saw the twins and Bailey.

The brunette's scowl was swiftly ignored as Bailey looked at Robin with a stern expression. "There's something we have to tell you."

Robin placed his bow and arrows on the ground. He motioned for the three girls to sit as he unclipped his cloak from his shoulders. He joined them on the ground and nodded for them to explain.

Bailey bit her lip as she tried to find the right words to explain their situation, glancing at the twins.

Carolyn rolled her eyes. "We found a way to fix the Stories and help Fabula," she said bluntly.

Robin silently nodded his head, slipping off his gloves. "So what do you have to do exactly?"

"We're not entirely sure. The only thing we know is that we have to find 'The Lamp of Promise'," Aura said with a defeated sigh.

"I'm in," Robin blurted out.

"Wait, what? You are?" Bailey said, her face lighting up.

Carolyn's eyebrows shot up in surprise, but a small smile crossed her lips. It would be a lie if she said she wasn't expecting a little hesitation on his part, but she accepted his quick decision nonetheless.

"You are?" Marian echoed in disbelief. She took one of Robin's hands. "Are you out of your mind?"

Robin shrugged. "Quite possibly." He looked to his full quiver of arrows. "For the past three months I'll be lucky to see one stag on my hunts, they've all left Sherwood because the forest is dying. Fabula is dying. If I can help my home by doing this, then I will."

"But who is going to watch over the camp?" Marian asked, gesturing to the flap of the tent with her hand.

"Little John and Will Scarlet will do just fine."

"We'll leave you two to...discuss," Carolyn said, ushering her sister and Bailey out of the tent and back into the sun. She fiddled with the necklace Eli gave her as they waited in silence, its clasp pinching at her skin.

The couple loudly bickered for a few more minutes before Robin stormed out of the tent, bow and arrows in hand. "We'll go to Orrinshire and gather supplies, yeah?"

Bailey nodded before following him to the grazing patch.

"We'll meet you in a few minutes," Carolyn called out as Marian warily exited the tent.

She waltzed over to the twins, her shawl wrapped tightly around her shoulders and her lips pursed. She eyed them up and down. "Make sure he doesn't do anything reckless because there's no way you'll be able to help him if he does."

Carolyn curtly nodded in response.

Aura gave a small, uneasy smile. "We'll bring him back in one piece."

Soon the group began the three-hour trek to Orrinshire, steering their horses under the shade of the trees to evade the sun's sweltering rays. They avoided major roads, staying clear of Nottingham to avoid being noticed.

They weren't far from Orrinshire when they stopped for a break, taking swigs from their leather water jugs, and allowing their horses to graze.

Carolyn's eyebrows drew together when she noticed Robin's face etched into parchment on a tree a few feet away. She walked over to it, ripping it from the bark to examine it closer.

"Dead or alive, huh?" Carolyn joked, holding up the poster.

Aura's face grew pale as she looked to another tree behind her sister. Carolyn turned her head, terrified to see her and Aura's faces painted onto their own posters. Cursive lettering was scribbled under their faces, reading:

If seen, report to the Sheriff of Nottingham.

"Oh my God..." Aura trailed off, her heartbeat picking up in speed.

Carolyn sighed, crumpling up Robin's poster in one hand and touching her sister's shoulder with the other. "If it makes you feel any better, they drew you really pretty."

"It doesn't."

They reached Orrinshire not long after. Quickly retreating into Lewis' cottage, they were greeted with Tristan's goofy smile and contagious laughter.

"Bailey, you're back so soon?" Lewis inquired as he entered from the back room. He stumbled when he saw Aura and Carolyn, but with a reassuring nod from Bailey, Lewis quickly bowed. "Your Highnesses, welcome back."

Carolyn nodded, an awkward smile on her face. As Lewis neared them, she noticed his sterling necklace again, yet this time it was flipped over and read "You are my brightest star" in the same dainty cursive as she had seen on the compass' other side. Carolyn smiled to herself as she thought of his tribute to his distant wife, wondering how two people could remain so passionately in love after so many years apart.

"We need your help," Bailey said, breaking Carolyn's thoughts. She reached into her satchel and pulled out the yellowing map, unfolding it on the small wooden table. "We need to find The Lamp of Promise, but we don't know where it is."

Lewis' thick eyebrows drew together as he slowly made his way to the table. His nimble hands brushed over the creased parchment and faded ink. "Well, first you need a new map." He disappeared into the back room, returning with a thick scroll of parchment. With a soft push of his finger, the paper unrolled on top of the table. The scroll was dyed in rich blues and greens as names of territories were written in stark white ink. Predominant routes were stretched across every section of the map alongside a rich system of rivers.

He grabbed a small quill and pot of ink from the leather apron tied around his waist. Lewis began to sketch alongside a route that passed through golden sand dunes. "The last place I heard it was in was Agrabah, here," he placed an X in the middle of a section of the desert, "in the Cave of Wonders; about a ten day's journey on horseback." He looked over the copper rims of his glasses at Bailey with quizzical eyes. "But may I ask the reason you have a sudden interest in getting a hold of The Lamp of Promise?"

"Because Bailey wants three wishes, duh," Tristan piped up, peeking through his father's arms.

Bailey reached over and tousled his messy brown hair before turning back to her father. "Although she didn't want to, the Fairy Godmother has tasked us with collecting the items necessary to fix the Stories."

Lewis's rosy glow quickly drained from his round face. "Good Guardians above..." He quickly rose to his feet before closing any open windows around the home. When he finally returned to the table, he tried to rub the growing pain in his forehead away with his hand.

"Mr. Pic, uh, sir, is there anything you can tell us that will help us find it?" Aura asked, tentatively shuffling closer to him and Bailey.

"Bailey, this is a suicide mission," he warned, ignoring Aura altogether.

"Alright, good to know..." Aura muttered before retreating back to her sister.

"Father, we'll be safe as long as we're hidden," Bailey rebuked.

Lewis pounded his fist on the table, pointing to the window with his other hand. "You already aren't safe. You think I haven't seen your faces plastered all over wanted posters in the town square?"

Bailey took a deep breath and said slowly, "We'll be constantly moving, it'll be a pain in the arse for authorities if they try to catch us."

Her father sighed in defeat, turning to face Aura, his eyes not quite meeting hers. "This time of year, you can follow the Gael Star and the two halves of the scarab should be in the sand right below it. If you put them together, the Cave of Wonders will appear."

Bailey wrapped her father in a tight hug. "Thank you," she whispered.

Lewis held his daughter close, not wanting to let go. He helped them gather a week's worth of food and water for their trek to Agrabah.

"One more thing," Lewis said when all four had mounted the two horses. Into one of the pouches on Bailey's saddle, he slipped in the rolled-up parchment map and an aged, bronze compass. He grabbed her hand and looked deep into her grey eyes. "Be safe." He stepped back from the steeds and placed Tristan on his shoulders, who energetically waved his arm above his head, a large, toothy grin on his face—he was still under the impression Bailey was going just to get three wishes.

The group guided their horses out of the small pasture and into the thick woods. For the next several hours, their view was encapsulated in towering trees and small bushels of wildflowers that soaked up the few specks of sunlight that reached the forest floor.

The flat terrain soon morphed into rolling hills in the shadow of gargantuan mountain ranges, the sunset in front of them. Liquid gold poured from its rays, lighting up the vast sky with a rich ombre of bronze and crimson. Just barely visible between the mountains' peaks, a single beacon of light reflected the sunset, painting the sky around it in a soft prism of colors.

"Bailey?" Aura asked, pointing to the light. "What is that?"

Bailey followed her friend's finger, a soft smile lining her face. "That's the highest tower of the Crystian palace—your home." The twins stretched out their necks to get a better look, their eyes wide with awe at what they could see of the castle's beauty.

When the fiery sky cooled to a deep blue and the sun was replaced by two silver moons, the group set up camp next to a rushing river. Robin quickly lit a fire while Bailey led the horses to the riverbank to drink.

Carolyn pulled her thick blanket tighter around her thin frame as she basked in the warmth the small fire provided. She slowly sipped water from one of the leather pouches. "Hey," she started when Bailey joined the others around the flames, "I've been meaning to ask you: why is Tristan here in Fabula when he could be on Earth with you and your mom?"

Bailey picked at her fingers, mulling over what the correct way to explain would be. "When my father first figured out a way to create a portal to Earth, Tristan was only a year old, and we had moved to a village closer to the castle named Caeshire. The portal that transported me and my mum closed before my dad or Tristan could go through. He had used up all of the potion and the apothecary in the village became under siege by Onyx's guards."

She played with the ring on her finger. "My father and Tristan moved to Orrinshire, where I had grown up, and waited an entire year to make sure that he could trust the alchemist in Runes and Relics. When he finally did, everyone in Orrinshire was so accustomed to my father being a widower and only having Tristan. My father feared that if Tristan came to Earth to live with us, and then popped back a few times a year when we visited, that people would become suspicious—especially people like the Sheriff or even Onyx."

"Then why not meet up somewhere else? Like a lake house or even Robin's camp?"

Bailey's eyes traveled to the top of the map peeking out of her leather satchel. "There are only so many places the Royal Mapmaker can go without being recognized." She cleared her throat before unrolling her mat onto the soft grass. "Let's all try to get some rest...we have a long day of traveling ahead of us."

The week crept by as the group traveled along the outskirts of villages and kingdoms, utilizing the forests' cover, and slowly making their way to Agrabah. They watched the towering green mountains morph into ones made of hot sand as the days became scorching and the nights bitter cold. Days were spent moving forward for hours at a time, and nights were restless for the twins, their dreams replaced with nightmares as they still struggled to absorb their new reality.

A vivid sunset painted the sky as they neared the Cave of Wonders, only a mere couple of hours away from their destination.

Bailey and Robin kept a close eye on the bright Gael Star as it slowly moved its way closer and closer to overhead.

A few figures rode towards them on camels, their hefty bodies only silhouettes in the light of the setting sun.

"Are those travelers?" Aura asked, scared to hear the answer.

The figures drew their swords, picking up pace as they neared a shimmering piece of gold in the sand, its metal reflecting the fleeting sunlight.

"Robin," Bailey started warily, putting together the pieces. "They're looking for the cave."

He picked up pace, rearing his horse towards the camels. "Hold on tight," he warned Carolyn sitting behind him. "When we get close to them, you need to take my sword and jump down," Robin added as they approached the group of men.

"What? I've never used a sword before!" Carolyn whispered to him. Her protests were cut off as the riders stopped a few feet in front of them. In a swift motion, she unsheathed Robin's sword and jumped down from the horse, nearly twisting her ankle in the process. The weighty weapon tugged at her arm, pulling it closer to the ground.

The men dismounted their camels, one of them pointing his curved sword at Carolyn and running towards her. He had a determined scowl on his face, though it was almost entirely covered in dirt and sand. The middle-aged man was nearly twice Carolyn's size, towering above her with large muscles bulging out of his shirt.

Carolyn shrieked as he reached her, holding up her sword weakly in a failed attempt of defending herself. The man was sent plummeting to the ground as an arrow rapidly dug into his abdomen, causing blood to steadily flow from the wound.

The girl snapped her head around to see Robin standing on his horse, his bow drawn as he loaded in another arrow.

"You used me as bait?" Carolyn yelped, holding out her arms at her sides in bewilderment.

"Cora!" Aura screamed as she got down from her horse, a pocket knife in hand. Carolyn spun on her heel to see another man rushing towards her. She swung her sword in the air, her arms faltering under the weight. The metal clashed together, but the man was quickly pulled away as Bailey tackled him to the ground. The brunette sent several substantial punches to his skull, knocking him out cold.

She raised her head from the man's body just as one of the remaining men scrambled to a lump of gold in the sand. "The scarab," Bailey murmured in horror. "Without those two pieces of the beetle, we can't get into the cave."

Without a second thought, Aura ran towards the man, lunging at the shimmering object. Her body collided with his, knocking them both off of their path. She quickly recovered, grabbing the gold while murmuring a stream of obscenities. The man lunged at her, prepared to dig his knife into her chest. Before a scream could leave Aura's throat, an arrow plunged into the burly man's leg, causing him to pull back in pain. He limped to his camel as Carolyn retrieved the other half of the golden beetle from the sand.

The men scampered away as best as they could with their injuries, pulling their unconscious with them onto their camels. The four friends watched them ride off as the sun finished setting, casting the sky in a deep, dark blue.

Once they were certain they were out of the woods, the twins snapped the two pieces of the scarab together, causing a rumbling to stir from underneath the sands. The group grabbed their horses abruptly and scrambled away from a new dune that was rapidly forming.

The scarab was lit aflame in an amber glow, flitting out of Aura and Carolyn's palms towards the rising sands. It split back into two halves, planting itself into the tan mountain, gleaming brightly like vivid golden eyes.

The dune continued to rise, towering nearly fifty feet above the group. The twins watched as the simple mound of sand transformed into a monstrous head of a tiger.

The wind swirled around them, carrying sand to the beast and nearly knocking them off their feet. Their horses pushed back on their hooves, spooked as the sandy creature unclenched its gargantuan jaw, roaring loudly into the night sky.

A bright burst of orange light echoed from inside its throat, illuminating the group as its mouth hung wide open.

A low grumble sounded from below the sand, the tiger's mouth moving to form words. "WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER?" The beast's voice was a deep, rumbling thing that shook the land.

The twins could feel their bones rattling in their skin, unable to utter a word as they stood gawking at the monstrous figure.

Bailey withheld her composure, unlike her friends, and took a step towards the cave. Robin warily matched her stride, not daring to remove his cautious eyes from the tiger.

"We're sorry to disturb you," Bailey was the first to speak, shouting above the winds that still roared around them. "We mean no harm."

The towering figure cried out its question once more in another thunderous rumble, the wind from its speech kicking Bailey and Robin back.

Carolyn stepped forward now, adrenaline taking over. Her heartbeat resounded through her head as the wind whipped around her at a deafening volume, blocking out the thoughts telling her she knew better than to walk toward a beast.

"Cora, what the hell are you doing?" Bailey snapped, still knocked onto the sand and off her feet. Carolyn glanced back at her sister, who stood frozen in place, her mouth agape.

"I'm Princess Carolyn of Crystia," she called, the words stumbling out of her mouth with uncertainty. "I'm looking for the Lamp of Promise."

The cave let out a growl. "You all may enter...But only touch the lamp..." The figure opened his mouth further, granting access to a long, spiral staircase leading down into the depths of the cave.

Carolyn looked back to her friends before giving a simple shrug. She hesitantly walked against the ever-strengthening gusts of wind. With one feeble foot, she stepped inside of the tiger's mouth, shielding her eyes with one hand to block the blinding amber light.

The others followed after her, taking apprehensive steps through the bright glow. The roof of the cave expanded higher than the ceiling of a cathedral. They descended the staircase until the narrow passage opened up into a vast room, filled to the brim with mountains of gems and treasure.

Robin led the group through the room, his green eyes lighting up at the sight of the mounds of gold. "This amount of money could fix Fabula's poverty ten times over."

Carolyn took wider strides to meet him at his side. "And those problems would only rise again if we don't fix what Onyx did first," she challenged, her eyebrow arched. He merely rolled his eyes at her, a playful smile on his lips despite the weight of their considerations.

They chatted about the riches of the Cave of Wonders, Bailey chiming in at times to voice her opinion, as Aura stood back from the group. Her mind couldn't take in the room fast enough, her eyes clinging to each ruby and every golden gauntlet.

They passed through a towering golden archway, scouring the piles of gold in search of the lamp, careful not to touch anything. The cave seemed to stretch for eternity, the mountains of treasure never-ending.

"How are we supposed to find the lamp in all of this? It'll take days to even get to the other side of this!" Carolyn exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air in exasperation.

Aura let out a scream as a magnificently woven carpet lifted from the ground and flew around her. Its golden tassels shined like the mountains of coins and its design was a mix of vibrant blues, purples, and reds.

The sentient rug flew all around the group, resembling a puppy racing around its owners after they returned from a long day at work. It landed and stood on its back two corners in front of the friends and waved excitedly with a front tassel.

"And here I thought my life couldn't get any weirder..." Carolyn muttered to herself, her face pale. "Hi there—um, little guy. Can you help us find the lamp?"

The carpet spun around Robin, grabbing one of his arrows from his quiver in its tassel, hurtling forward through the cave at a rapid speed. The group quickly chased after it, dashing around heaps of gemstones. The carpet came to an abrupt halt not far in front of them, dropping the arrow at the base of a set of towering boulders.

Robin picked up his arrow as they gazed up the chiseled stone, seeing the Lamp of Promise sat on top in its shimmering glory.

"How do you suppose we get up there?" Bailey asked Robin, her eyes glued to the small golden lamp.

The carpet used one tassel to tug at Bailey's wrist before lying flat on the sandstone floor, almost beckoning her to climb onto its back.

Bailey's eyebrows drew together, the lines in her forehead deepening. "Does it really want us to fly all the way up there on it?"

Before she could receive a response, the carpet flung back up into the air, circling around the group once more. It flew low to the ground, knocking Aura off her feet, her back landing on the carpet's wool as it soared through the air.

She screeched as loudly as her lungs could muster, her hands clinging on for dear life. The sounds of her friends' protests grew fainter as the carpet sailed through the air towards the top of the stone mountain.

The carpet slowed upon reaching the lamp.

Aura panted heavily, keeping her eyes fixated on the lamp to keep from looking down. If she saw how high she was, she would surely be sick. She took a moment to regain control of her breathing, squeezing her eyes shut to concentrate.

With one shaky palm, she reached out to grab the lamp, but as soon as it was in her grasp, the carpet plummeted back towards the floor. She held the lamp tight to her chest as she let out another ear-piercing scream.

Aura scrambled off of the carpet as soon as it made contact with the sandstone, a scowl on her face as she turned to her sister. "Never again..."

Carolyn took the lamp from Aura's grasp, examining it closely. "Who knew this thing would be so dusty..." she trailed off, pulling her sleeve into her palm to wipe the dust from the bronze surface.

The lamp clattered to the ground, falling out of Carolyn's hands as it shook violently. A blue mist erupted from the lamp's spout, causing her to shriek in surprise.

The mist collected into clouds of vibrant azure smoke, morphing into the shape of a brawny man.

His form towered over the group, his head almost reaching the cavern's roof. Bejeweled golden cuffs clasped to his wrists and a rich red sash looped around his waist. The figure's lower half was composed of the blue smoke while his light blue upper body and torso resembled that of a human.

His eyes scanned over his surroundings, widening when they landed on the group. The creature's form immediately shrank, but still stood two feet taller than Robin. "Okay I can see all of the sparkly treasure back there, so I know we aren't trapped in here," he pointed to Carolyn, "and you look like the type of master to try and pull that trick and I'm sayin' it right now...I'm not fallin' for it!"

The four friends stood frozen, their mouths agape as they stared at the being before them.

The blue creature raised an eyebrow at the group, crossing his arms. "What? What's wrong?" His large hands flew up to his mouth. "I have something in my teeth, don't I!" He looked at the flying carpet. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"No, you don't have anything in your teeth..." Aura squealed out.

"...None of us have ever seen anything like you before," Carolyn said.

The being lowered his hands and bowed to the four. "Genie, at your service...for a limited time."

"Limited time?" Carolyn echoed.

Genie sighed. "Please don't tell me I need to sing the rules to you, because I haven't warmed up and it would just be a voice-cracking mess."

"No, that won't be necessary," Carolyn quickly said. "We're kinda on a schedule."

"Do you know what items we need in order to cast a spell to fix the Stories?" Bailey said, grabbing a plain piece of parchment, quill, and ink from her satchel.

Genie waved his hand dismissively. "Of course I know! I wouldn't be 'all-knowing' if I didn't, now would I? That would just be false advertising."

"Great! What are they?" Bailey said excitedly.

"Sorry, sadly that info is locked behind a wish," Genie said. He zipped his lips shut and gave an apologetic shrug.

Carolyn looked to Bailey who nodded in approval. "Um...Genie, I wish to know the items needed to fix the Stories."

The zipper on the genie's mouth disappeared before he began to grow in size, towering over the group once more. He clapped once, sending a BOOM ricocheting off of the cavern walls. A spotlight centered on Genie as he cleared his throat.

"To fix the Stories and set the Heroes free, these eleven items you will need. The Lamp of Promise hidden under Arabian sand, the Slumber Crown that rests upon a golden head, the sword that was buried deep within stone, the light in the north high above the snow, a shard of captivity from a great height, a sole of glass that lasted after midnight, the sand of flight from pixies' wings, travel to the lost city to find the heart of the sea, the healing waters of life's meadow, a chronicle of Fabula's tales, and the Letters of Destiny."

A piece of parchment appeared before them, landing in Carolyn's hands. Bailey wandered closer to her friend and looked at the list with unbelieving eyes. "No wonder the Fairy Godmother was cautious about this."

"Well thank you, Mister Genie," Aura said as he shrank back down to a more normal height.

"My pleasure," he said before giving a small wave. The genie dove back into the spout of the lamp, leaving the four friends and the flying carpet alone in the cave. The second Bailey placed the lamp into her satchel, Aura and Carolyn's bracelets glowed a soft gold.

The sentient rug helped to guide the group back through the Cave of Wonders, flitting between piles of treasure.

Aura continued to take in her surroundings. I can't believe any of this is real. She ran through the list of items in her head, trying to make sense of their vague descriptions with the limited knowledge she had on the kingdoms, territories, and regimes of Fabula. One in particular rang through her mind. The Letters of Destiny?

"Bailes?" Aura began, jogging to catch up with her friend, not realizing she had fallen so far behind the group again. "Why do you think we need to get all those things? I mean—why those items specifically?"

"They're some of the most powerful objects that exist in Fabula," Bailey replied as they ascended the staircase once again. "Which unfortunately also means it'll be no cakewalk to find them."

The carpet bowed to them and waved goodbye with a golden tassel before soaring back down into the cave.

The group cautiously stepped out of the tiger's mouth, making their way back to their cautious horses that were standing a safe distance from the cave.

The tiger disintegrated as the Cave of Wonders collapsed back into a simple sand dune, the two scarab halves rolling down to Bailey's feet.

Aura and Carolyn bent down, and each grabbed a piece, launching them into opposite directions, the wind quickly smothering the gold in layers of sand.

The group mounted their horses, slowly riding away from the fading amber glow and into the night.

🎶 A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD 🎶

Hello lovelies!
So the quest has officially begun! I honestly think my favorite part of writing this chapter was Genie's dialogue - we tried to make it a mix of both Robin Williams's and Will Smith's versions of the character.
But side note, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW PRECIOUS TRISTAN IS?

Question of the day: Okay so this is more of a challenge, can you decipher Genie's riddle for what they need? We'd love to hear your guesses! Feel free to jump back to the "Cast, Playlist, and More!" chapter to look at the map to help with your guesses.

Also...If you had 3 wishes from a Genie, what would you wish for?

Until next chapter!
♡ Melody & Rebekah ♡

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.8K 1.8K 43
Freedom comes at a price and a young Earthal princess must live the life of somebody else, even if it means facing evil threats and impossible odds. ...
995 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
9.2K 315 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
8.5K 837 52
[COMPLETED] The Magicae are among us. They always have been there, looking and acting the same as us, but with one difference. They are magic. Now, w...