Oracles to the gods. (Book 2...

By Darkest_Rose

My name is Electra and I'm a hybrid, but not the normal kind, I'm a mix of demigod and werewolf, I have a uni... More

Oracles to the gods
Arriving in town
The Alpha in me
Haunted dreams of the past & a glimpse into the future
Hex Nightclub
Rogues
Finding my mate
Jack POV, counting every heartbeat
First Kiss
Alpha vs Alpha
What's to come
Golden Amber Eyes POV
Becoming paranoid !
Talk about falling
My protective side
Do you accept?
Another first
Powerful
The after glow
Athena has arrived
Underworld
My powers
The House of Hades
Tartarus
Heartbroken and shattered
Your punishment
Olympus
Still haven't learnt !
Athena, future to look forward to it
Returning home

The start of fighting back

33.4K 1.3K 42
By Darkest_Rose

Chapter 8

I hugged Ares goodbye and walked toward my front door and walked in. I say I looked a state after today. I went up to my main bathroom, took my hoody off and turned on the taps for a bath. I just need to relax and sleep after today, I feel drained after letting everything go. I dropped a few strawberry bath bomb into the water and walked to my room to get my pj's and underwear. I could feel someone close, it was a strong aura again, mabey its Cameron checking up on me after today. I got my stuff and walked back to the bathroom, I  watched the bath fill up as the bombs fizzled away leaving a smell of strawberries lingering in the air. I could still feel the aura outside, I think I should check it out, something must be up, whoever it is, there lingering a bit too long. I turned the taps off and made my way downstairs, this is getting into a habit already. I opened my back door and was hit with his scent, it wasnt Cameron it was my mate, I looked towards the trees, as my heart thumped in my chest, I could feel his eyes lingering on me, as I finally spotted him, he wasnt in wolf form, he was sat with his back against one of the trees, when  my eyes locked with his. He looked shocked, but relaxed again thinking there was no way I could see him.I can't do this, the pain from today hit me hard again, stealing my breath, I took a couple of steps back towards my door and broke eye contact as I turned my back on him and walked back into my house.

            What is he doing sitting outside my house, he doesn't want me, he made that clear, is this part of him torturing me, been so close to me but I can't have him. I walked back upstair to my bathroom, I put my iPod into my portable speaker and put on Demi Lovato, skyscraper, as I stripped off my clothes and stepped into my piping hot bath. I can still feel him outside, I cleared my head and just listen to the lyrics of the song, drowning out everything around me, even his presence.

                                       I kept my eyes closed, but images started to flash in my mind so clear I couldnt ignore them,  it was of demons from the underworld my know doubt looking for me, there getting close, when I released the build up earlier, my power must have been too strong for the stones to work. Ares brought me away from here, but not far enough, I can only see three low level demons, if I take them out now, it will look like the gods did it and think the power surge was from them, they might think the gods have already checked this area hopefully. If I go now, I can get them when they arrived, and stop them getting any closer, I passed that field Ares brought me to on my way here the first day.

                                            I got out of the bath and grabbed a towel drying myself, I put on my bra and underwear and ran to my room, I grabbed the first things I found, I put on black booty short, not the best thing, but easy to fight in, I threw back on my tank top, hoody and my hightops, I walked into my wardrobe and grabbed my mom sword, it will be quiter than than using the guns, and it will make sure they stay dead. I ran down stairs and grabbed my keys. As I got close to the door, I could still feel Jack's presence outside, shit, I cant have him following me, I slowly stepped outside my back door and look towards where I saw him earlyer, thank the gods he is asleep. I left the door opened slightly so he wouldnt hear it the click it would cause. I ran to my car, got in and started driving towards the field as fast as I could.

                               After an hour and a half, I saw it come into view, I parked my car in a gateway and got out, I jumped the gate and ran towards where I saw them appear. This is the start of me fighting back, I need to do this, I can't keep running scared anymore, I have found my mate and he doesn't want me, so I need to start fighting back now, I have no choice.  I only had to wait half an hour when I felt the energy in the air shift, I pulled back my sleeves and saw my symbols were starting to glow. I stood up ready to attack when they appear, I saw them but instead of three low level demons, there are four, but the extra demon isn't low level, I knew my decision to come would alter what's to come, but I didn't expect a stronger demon to arrive. Its too late to turn back now, I'm going to be seen either way, I rather be taken fighting than just hand myself over to them.            

        I built up a ball of flames in each hand, dug my feet in the ground holding myself so I will get a better leverage to throw them. I aimed the fire balls at the low level demons, they won't be enough to even damage the upper level demon, I then released them, throwing one after the other. I could hear the two demons scream as their bodies were quickly engulfed by the flames, okay, that's two down,two to go but the element of surprise is gone now, the two demons left standing were now facing me, the low level demon is creepy, his skin looks melted and burnt, his eyes are all white except for a black dot in the middle, every move he makes looks painful and slow, I can actually hear his bones crack as he moves towards me but the upper level demon, he looks completely human, he is the perfect predator, everything about him lures you too him, his looks, body and even his scent makes you want to get close to him, so you can touch him just once, but I can see past all that and see him for what he really is, dangerous and evil mixed together and put inside a gorgeous exterior. When he see's me a heart stopping smile appears on his face, this is going to have to be a quick fight, I can't risk him getting the better of me, but two on one isn't going to work, I can't fight both, before they get any closer, I need to take the last low level demon out,  he is looking at me weirdly, as if I'm his next meal. I need to do this quickly, while there still making their way towards me, the upper level demon looks confident he already thinks he has won.

                               I move my hand quickly knocking the upper level demon back a few yards with a ball of air, as I send a fire ball towards the last demon, he tried to move but he just isn't fast enough, the ball of fire hits him, as he lets out an ear piercing scream before the flame engulf him leaving nothing but a scorch mark where he was standing seconds ago. I looked toward the last demon,  he is walking towards me with a smile and oozing confidence, he already thinks he is taking the gods and underworlds prized target back with him. I twist my sword in my hand igniting the the flames as they wrap around it, I'm ready to fight, to his death or mine,

"My dear Electra, I have finally found you, you look more beautiful than words can describe, you dont need to fight me" he said as he took in every inch of me, if I didn't know what he is, I would be a giggling mess and weak in the knees by now.

"That's where your wrong, I do need to fight you, I can't let you lead the others to me" I said.

"Why would I lead others to you, my beautiful Oracle, I want you all to myself, lets make this easy, come with me to the underworld willingly, I will give you everything you could need or want, I will protect you, keep you safe from others so you are know longer hunted, love you the way you deserve and make you feel more pleasure than you can ever imagine possible, all you have to do is take my hand, its that easy, I dont want to take you by force Electra but that doesn't mean I won't" he said, as he moved closer to me, holding his hand out.

It would be so easy to take his hand and end all of this, stop all the running and hiding, go to someone that actually wants me. I looked at him, but I knew none of that would happen, he is not capable of love, I will be a captive for the rest of my life, I will never be free again. He already has a smile on his face, thinking he has convinced me, I would be throwing everything everyone has done for me back in their faces if I took his hand, I can't do that, not after everything.

"Your going to have to take me my force" I said looking at him as his face changes from perfect to showing what he really is, a creature that crawled out from the pits of hell.

"So be, but I will have to punish you for this when I take you with me, Electra" he said with a smirk.

We began circling each other, both looking for an opening to attack, he made his move first, I only saw a blur before he was behind me, with the front of his body pressed to my back with one arm around my stomach and his other hand wrapped around my neck. I swung my head back hard hitting him in the nose, as I slammed my elbow into his ribs, smiling to myself when I heard a crack, his grip loosened  and I took that to my advantage, I twisted out of his grip, facing towards him as I grab his wrist putting my body weight on his arm as I put my other hand behind his elbow pulling it towards me, breaking the joint at his elbow, I kick the side of his knee with my foot, successfully making him fall to his knees, I pull my sword up as I made the flames burn higher, I hit his neck with my sword, taking his head clean off but not before he managed to draw his dagger, stabbing me in the stomach and slicing me from my belly button to my hip. I put the tip of my blade to his body setting him on fire making sure he can never come back to here or the underworld.

                                     I gritted my teeth as I pulled his dagger from my stomach. I pulled off my hoody slowly, pressing it tightly against my wound and using the sleeves to tie it around me tightly. It will heal but I need to get home and close the wound first. I walked towards the gate, ripping the lock off as I pulled it open, instead of jumping it and walked to my car, getting in carefully. I started the car and headed for home putting pressure on my wound the whole drive back. I'm loosing alot of blood but nothing a day of sleeping won't cure, my body has always healed quicker when I sleep. The drive home went quicker than the drive there, but I guess that is from knowing I have killed them,  making the drive home less tense and nerve wracking. I pulled up outside my home, wanting nothing more than my bed, til I remember Jack was asleep in the woods near my house, I'm too tired to give a fuck about him seeing me, its not like he will even care. I can still feel him presence as I walked towards the back door, I can hear him mumbling to himself from here already, will he just fuck off and leave me alone, I dont need him here. I take my hoody from around my stomach,  it is covered with my blood, I pressed it harder to my stomach and grab my sword from the back seat, I can't chance leaving it in my car, if anything happened to it, I would never forgive myself. I got out of my car slowly and closed the door. I walk around to the back of my house to my still open door.

                                         I heard his movements as I was coming around the corner of my house, I could feel his eyes on me the second I came around the corner, I heard his movements stop all of a sudden, I pushed opened the door and placed the sword inside out of his view as I took my hoody away from my stomach, opened the bin and threw it in, definitely won't be wearing that again. I walked inside and slammed the door behind me and locked it, making it clear I dont need him, I walked towards one of my cabinets in the kitchen, where I keep my first aid box. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, opened it and left it on the counter beside the first aid box. I took off my tank top slowly making sure not to open the wound any further. I got cotton wool, separate it and poured  water on them, I then picked up the strips and squeezed the water out and started cleaning the blood away. Once that was done, I took out the packet of paper stitches ,opening it, I held the two side of the wound together and put the paper stitches on, making sure they held the wound closed, when I finished I covered it over, its should be completely gone in a day or two. I cleaned up , throwing everything I used into the bin.

                                                   I opened the fridge and pulled out a large bottle of coke and downed it. I need some sugar in my system after losing so much blood. I turned off the light and made my way towards my bedroom. I didn't even bother with the light in my room, I grabbed a jersey from my drawer, put it on as I kicked off my hightops and took off my shorts, I walked towards my bed and crawled in, I turned off my alarm knowing too well I will be sleeping til at least tomorrow night or the morning after. I closed my eyes and let my body get the rest it needed, I didn't even care that Jack was so close I can now hear his heart beat as the rhythm of it lulled me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249 31 31
Raven has worked for years on becoming the best of the best with The Snakes gang ever since she realized life doesn't give equal opportunities. But w...
84 14 10
***SAMPLE!*** There's a prophecy - a prophecy holding the fate of two worlds. On the edge of Lilah's field, at the twelfth hour of the fall of twelve...
586K 15.4K 27
It's so cold...I feel like I'm freezing up. Literally. I felt like everything inside was beginning to change...who I was, what I was, and just me. I...
25.2K 814 84
I was just a normal girl, despite not being human. Growing up my life was shitty, but still I was glad to be alive despite how dead I felt inside. Th...