The Alpha in me

Chapter 3

I grabbed the shopping bags from my car and brought them inside, I think I over did it a little, I have enough shopping to last for a month. I packed away everything and decided to try out my gym room, I have some pent up anger to get out or I will end up killing someone, I can't believe the attitude of some of the werewolves around here, the way they looked at me because they thought I was human, was disgusting. I had to hold my tongue and not let rip while I was in the que to pay, the one thing I did pick up on was the wolves that look at me like that, all belonged to the one pack, their scents have a distinctive smell so you can tell the differences between packs and who's pack they are in, while the other pack in this town their members were friendly and polite. I can't wait to meet the Alpha who thinks its okay to have his pack treat human's like dirt, their making themselves stand out for all the wrong reasons, were suppose to blend in, not act like were better than everyone else.

                  I may find out their pack's names and ask my contact in the council about them. My mother worked for the council when she was my age, my grandfather, her father, was a council leader. Mark is my contact, my mother trusted him, he is one of the council leaders, he has helped me out over the last year finding safe locations for me to stay while Ares and Aphrodite picked a house in a  town in the middle of know where to make it safe for me, it took so long because the gods have been tracking their movements in hope of finding me. Mark has been brilliant, moving me safely from one place to another when the gods or the creatures from the underworld found me. I know if I get both pack's name he will get everything I need to know about them, on occasions I have helped Mark out by killing rouge werewolves and vampires that were too danger to be left any longer, but it was always in the locations I was staying in.I could never say know, my father was so proud of my mother and the work she did for the council, in my own way I am trying to make them proud of me too, by fighting to keep innocent people safe.

        I run up the stairs and into my room, I go to my wardrobe and look for something comfortable to wear while I'm working off some of this anger. I grab a small tight black shorts which gives me more freedom to move in and a black and blue sports bra, I look in the mirror while I brush my hair and put it into a high ponytail, you can clearly see all the protection symbols tattooed to my body, I have one that's starts on back of my neck that leads down my back and ends at my bra strap, I have one on each wrist and the one on my ribs, that one isn't for protection, its the mark of the oracle, Aphrodite said its written in the oldest language known to the gods, I would do anything to have that one gone, its a constant reminder of what I am and what I have lost because of the curse I didn't want!.

                  I look away, not wanting to see it anymore, I grabbed my ipod out of my bag that I brought with me, I still have to unpack them and went into my gym room and put my ipod into my docking station and put on my mix of music I use for training, I started warming up to Kayne West song stronger, I started off on the treadmill, starting at a slow pace and building it up faster once my muscles relax, I stayed on the treadmill for another half an hour and moved to the weights, I need to have my body as strong as possible, someday I will find someone stronger than me, I can't rely solely on my power or extra strength, I need my body at its strongest, I might be safe for now but eventually they will come again and I want to be ready and stronger than last time.

                        Just as I finished on the weights, I felt a strong aura coming from outside, I have made sure over the years to have my senses at their sharpest so I can sense when someone with power in their aura are close, my wolf side helps aswell, as I can sense when others wolves are around because Alpha's know when someone is on their terrority and in my case my surrounding land counts as my terrority. I can pick up the slightest power coming off anyone. I can tell its not a God or  creatures from the underworld, its not strong enough and my symbols aren't glowing.

             I walk down stairs and out my back door, I need to see who is watching my house, I need to know if they are a threat to me or not. I stepped outside, its is now dark out, as I looked around I saw blue eyes glowing in the woods as he stared at me, are you serious, its not enough the way the looked at me, they now think they can stalk and scare me, not happening, the alpha in me wants to teach this wolf a lesson for stepping on my land, I can feel my wolf clawing to get out as my anger builds, its been awhile since my last shift and I definitely don't want to in front of a stranger, my wolf's size alone would have him asking to many questions, as far as he can tell, I'm human and I want to keep it that way. The power coming off him isn't strong enough to be an alpha, its more like a beta or third in command. They must be checking me out since I'm new in town, but coming as a wolf is just plain stupid, even if I wasnt a wolf myself, I would still find something unusual about the size of him, know ordinary wolf would be that size. I locked eyes with him letting him know I'm not scared, right now were in a play for power, even do he thinks I'm human, me keeping eye contact with a werewolf high in rank means a challenge and I bet his wolf is fighting to meet my challenge and rip me apart, with one final smirk, I turn around and to walk back into my house when I hear him release a growl. Is he stupid or something, who the fuck growls like that at someone they think is human, what's even better it was a warning growl, he has some definate ego problems if he feels threatened by a human, but seen he is here, I might aswell teach him a lesson..

                          I turned back around and started walking towards the woods, if this dog wants a fight then that's exactly what he will get, know on and I mean know one is going to growl at me like that and stay walking.  He stood in the same spot and growled again, thinking I would be scared and run back into my house. He is about to get the surprise of his life because I definitely won't be running scared. His eyes showed shock as I stayed walking towards him with my eyes still fixed on his, making my challenge clear, he took a step back, unsure of what to do, but the closer I got it was like common sense has finally kicked in,  he knows he can't expose what he really is, not to a human anyway, with one final growl he turns around, breaking eye contact and as he took off running.

              I stood in the same spot, scanning my surroundings, making sure there is nothing or know one else hiding in the shadows, when I was sure there wasn't, I turned around and walked back to my house. I'm sure I will have the other pack snooping around my house soon, I hope they have better manners than him or I'm going to have to show them I'm not to be crossed, I might look fragile but I'm dam near unbreakable.