Nerd Of The Year ( Published...

By MsBookAddict

Who is a nerd ?? A person who is a bookworm ? Someone who wears big glasses ?? A loner ??? Meet Neveah Gail H... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32-part 1
Chapter 32-part 2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Bonus book.
Interview with a Magazine

Chapter 14

274K 6.7K 1.6K
By MsBookAddict

Hello everyone,
I didn't realise that the cliffhanger will excite u ppl so much but the suspense is not that great.... well I'm not sure. Anyway sorry for the delay, I was busy with college. I tried to make it long... but the pages of wattpad are just too long.
Also I have made the correction in the second chapter. Also I have replied to almost all the comments receieved. 

New cover by bunnyrabbit67

Edited by NYoung2000
Lets hope wattpad will not mess it this time. 

I also have 130 fans.. that's awesome. I love you all. Thank you to the people who vote, comment and add the book to their library. 

On with the chapter....

***************************************** 

Chapter 14

Oh for the love of.......

I turned behind to see a younger version of Melissa with her arms around a guy and that guy happened to be Alden. Seriously Alden, can you get cheaper than this?

I was absolutely disgusted by his behavior. He was trying with all his might to break Melissa. He was a little low for a while but now he was back on his game. And he was determined to hurt Melissa.

At first I though that this was just two hormonal people speaking. But both their actions showed that it was way beyond teenage hormones. It was like they were bound by something and both of them wanted to get away from it. Never mind the fact that I have no idea how or when Melissa managed to fall for Alden or how did he come to know it? Complicated? I know!

Now both of them were hell bent on staying away from each other. However, Alden has a different plan to show what staying away meant. He wanted to show that he was doing alright without her, that he doesn't need Melissa. But deep down I know that he loved her, as much as she loves him.

You know what? It doesn't matter. What matters is the blonde bitch he is standing with.

Standing with Melissa was none other than Madeline. She was my dear friend Melissa's younger sister, who was not the best person in the world. The girl has a heart of stone and would sell anyone to the devil if possible. She and I never got along. I have heard her calling me poor more than enough times. Whatever!

"Well, we have a blonde brainless beep and a lapdog with a collar on his waist," her face fell and her contact covered iris turned dark. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here for the same reason you are here." She had a blank look on her face which was definitely a sign of her ability to not understand. Can a person get this dumb?

"The party Madeline. Look what is going on around you." I said in a very slow and patronizing tone.

"Do I look like an idiot to you?" She sneered at me.

"Yes." I heard loud laughs around the room. I turned behind to see Georgy, Easton, Xavier and some other people laugh at that statement. Man, even Melissa was smiling.

"Get out of my house." Again? Really?

"Enough Madeline," Easton's voice boomed from behind me.

"Oh, come on! Is this ‘kick Neveah out of their home’ week?" I turned back and before Easton could open his mouth, I placed my hand on it. "Shut up."

I heard him grumble something under my hand before he removed it.

"Eww! East you should wash your hand. She touched you." I just narrowed my eyes at her.

"The only person who needs a wash is you, Madeline. If I’m not mistaken I think your hand has been in many places and the guy who you are sticking with has also stuck things to people. Oh, on the other hand maybe you can exchange things with each other." I said to Madeline. She has mocked me too many times before... not that I stayed silent after that. 

"Huh?" Easton and Georgy were almost on the verge of tears after laughing so much and Xavier was as usual confused and clueless.

"I am not gonna repeat myself and I spoke in English, right Mel?"

"Uh uh. Maybe you should try layman English ......or direct English?" Okay. Was she also confused?

"Whatever, loser." Madeline left but Alden was still blank and confused. "Are you gonna move from there idiot?"

"The only one who is an idiot is you." Alden just ran away from that place. Coward. Madeline stomped her foot towards me and locked eyes with me.

"I'll take care of you later."

"I know I’m hot babe but I am just not into girls. Sorry." How I managed to say it without laughing my guts out is beyond me.

This time it was not only Easton and Georgy who laughed but almost everyone in the room.

And Xavier laughed, too. I guess he understands things better when someone is being insulted.

"Okay! I’m leaving now."

Before Mel could protest, Georgy spoke, "But we just got here." He was almost whining.

"I didn't tell you to come with me Georgy," I say in the same whining voice.

"But why are you leaving?" Melissa asked. She seemed sad. "Hey, the bet was coming to the party right? And I did come. I need to go home soon. Ma has this ‘ISSUE,’” I made the sign of inverted comas with my hands, “of choosing between the ivory and the white cake."

"Aren't they both the same?"

"Say that to her Mel, not to me. Poor Brian." I shuddered, thinking about all the pain Brian has to go through to marry Ma. Vegas was a much better option.

"Why don't we all get out?"

"Don't be rude. It’s her party. She can't just leave," I reminded Georgy. It is her house party for God sakes.

"As if she is doing anything here," he snorted. I turned towards Melissa and raised an eyebrow.

"I’m free to leave Neveah."

"Okay, let's leave, then."

"Really, Mel?"

"Who wants to stay with Madeline anyway?" I didn't understand that statement.

"Aren't siblings supposed to love each other and cherish their bond or something?"

"Depends on the sibling, Nev." The statement was not from Mel, but Georgy. I bet my money that he was thinking about his elder brother. The guy was just plain weird.

"Okay?" I said, dragging the "ay" since I was not sure of this statement.

"So, when are we leaving?" Came a voice from behind me.

Xavier.

What is he doing here with me? Or was he standing there for a long time?

"We are not going anywhere." Georgy gestured between him and Xavier. "Only me, Nev and Mel are leaving. You are staying here with others."

Xavier's face dropped and I kinda felt bad.

He went to protest when Easton silenced him. "You better leave before your sister returns, Melissa." His tone was firm and commanding. It was like he was telling Xavier instead of Melissa.

"You take Mel out, I'll join you soon," I told Georgy. He seemed reluctant but got her out after I glared at him. I turned back to Xavier and Easton, "So, which car are we going in?"

"Where?" asked Easton.

"My house, silly."

"I'll take my car," Xavier replied. He didn't even wait for my nod, just rushed out. I was still unsure that he wanted to come to my house. Just as I turned, Easton pulled me back. "What are you doing Neveah?" He looked very unsure as if I'm gonna do something to him.

"Xavier wants to come to my house and I formally invited him and you can come if you want to, I promise I won't kick you out." I added with a smirk.

"You will always remind me that I kicked you out, won’t you?" he didn't look angry, just amused.

"Till the day you die. Wait, scratch that. I'll even announce it at your funeral." His face broke out into a big smile.

"Come on, Lady, let us leave."

Me, Easton and Xavier rode in his black BMW. The car was nice, I admit. While Xavier played an awfully loud song on the radio, Easton was playing something on his cellphone while I was looking at the trees passing.

I got a message from Melissa that they have reached my house and that there was no one home. Hmm. So I checked my cell to find the message that Ma sent, saying that she was staying at Brian's house. I called her and informed that there were some people over at home so that she didn't get shocked by the amount of waste that I was sure would be piled up by tomorrow morning.

We got out of the car and I noticed that Georgy did not look happy. I realized that he was being protective of me and I found that quite funny.

I was the last person I thought he would be protective of.

"Come on people, let’s go in." I opened the door and made everyone sit on the seats on the couch and the loveseat in the hall. I went in the kitchen to see if there were any leftovers to feed everyone. Especially the hulking boys!

I opened the door only to come across raw meat and some drinks and juices and, of course, vegetables. I was too tired to make anything, not that I was any good at it! I decided that it was time to order. I took out the juices and the drink cans. I was washing some glasses when I felt someone behind me.

"You really shouldn't bend in such a dress." There, standing behind me, was Easton in his mighty jock glory. He was here the whole time.

"You really should keep your eyes and thoughts to yourself and because you reminded me of my current dressed state, I am going to change, so wash these glasses and take them out along with the drinks." Easton just pouted. "Don't pout and get to work."

"Yes Ma'am."

I went upstairs to change. I put on a t-shirt and knee length Capris, removed the makeup and tied up my hair. Now I felt normal!

I went downstairs and everyone was sitting stiffly.

"Last time I checked, I am not conducting a funeral here." Everyone looked at me.

"What?" I retorted.

"We should do something fun." At last Xavier said something sensible.

Easton and Georgy nodded in approval.

"But what?"

Melissa was about to say something when the doorbell rang. Odd. Who is there at such a time? I got up and opened the door. Standing there was Ryder, looking utterly drunk.

"Whoa, how much did you drink?"

His black hair was disheveled and his brown eyes looked droopy. "I lost count after the eighth glass." And to prove his point he showed me his fingers but instead of eight, they were seven.

I sighed and made him stand at the wall near the door and closed it.

"That doesn't explain why you are here, not that I have any problem with it."

"Daniel kicked me out because his girl was coming over." I raised an eyebrow so he explained further. "We rented a flat together near college." That makes sense. The college they go to was on the outskirts of the town which was far away.

"Can I crash here?"

"Sure." I went to support him before he falls, but he shooed me away saying something on the lines of being a strong boy. Fine, have it your way then.

He went in while I locked the door. I went in the hall from the porch to see Easton and Ryder glaring at each other.

"Ryder, go to sleep. And Easton, stop glaring at him."

Ryder then turned his attention from Easton to the other people in the room. "Hello, Blondie." He greeted Melissa.

"Ryder."

"What happened, no baby this time, huh?" Okay, enough of it. I grabbed Ryder's hand and pushed him upstairs.

"Get lost and don't break anything." 

"I won’t, Nev. Goodnight."

I sighed again and turned to face my guests.

"Why is he here, Neveah?" Easton's voice rang through the whole room.

"None of your business." Why was he even concerned?

"It is my business Nev, so please answer."  

"He’s my friend Easton. I grew up with him and his cousins. He has the freedom to come and go whenever he wants to."

"Bullshit, you grew up with me and Melissa." He remembers that now!

"I was dragged to your house when Ma wanted to go and, please, you merely tolerated me and had your high and mighty ego in the air whenever I came around. All you did was steal my toys."

"I never st–"

"Enough guys," we were interrupted by an angry looking Melissa. 

"Let’s watch a movie."

I allowed them to choose. Ma had a huge stack of rom coms while Brian brought along a box filled with action and horror movies. 

We choose green Sherlock Holmes. It was a nice movie, not at all boring. 

We all watched the movie with interest. On top of that Robert Downey Jr. looked pretty good for his age.

It was almost 2 in the morning when the movie finished. 

Melissa and Georgy were already 

asleep in each other’s arms on the loveseat while Xavier was on the verge of passing out on the single couch. Looks like the only people awake were me and Easton. 

We were both on the main couch.

Going to my room was not possible since Ryder was already there. 

I don't exactly mind sharing a bed with him since I have done it a lot in the past but boy, the guy can kick during his sleep. I was in no mood to get kicked and sleeping in Ma and Brian's bed was a big no no.

Looks like we have to crash on the couch. 

"We gotta sleep here Easton. You take the left side and I'll take the right." 

He snorted and mumbled something. I was sleepy. 

"Good night, East."

"Good night, Nev."

**********

Something bright was being flashed in my eyes. I looked for the window to close or the curtain to pull when my hand came in contact with something hard which was definitely not my window or the curtain. I traced the object and it was hard but soft too. 

I opened my eyes to see myself trapped to Easton’s side while he was on his stomach with his one arm wrapped around mine while the other was below my head. How the hell did I get in this position? 

On the loveseat, Melissa and Easton were cuddled up. They looked cute. 

On the other hand Xavier was sleeping with his mouth open and light snores were coming from him. 

I looked at the clock and realized that it was eleven in the morning. No wonder there was so much light streaming in. 

I was surprised that Ma was not here yet. She would be shocked out of her life at the sight. All the pizza boxes from yesterday night were on the floor along with the juice and beer cans not to mention the leftovers.

Lots of work to do around here today! 

I tried to move his hand away but he was too strong. What exactly does he have in his food? 

"Get up Easton." I tried shaking him as much as I could in this possible situation.

"Sleep, baby girl." His arm tightened around me and he went back to sleep again. I waited for exactly eight minutes before letting out a high pitched scream.

Xavier fell out of his chair in a comical way and Melissa and Georgy woke up with a start. Even Ryder bounded down the stairs looking utterly confused and concerned. 

"What...?" 

But the one person who looked the least affected was the guy sleeping next to me. How can he be sleeping? 

I mouthed to Ryder, "Get him off me."

Ryder and Georgy got up and got to work while Melissa was blushing and Xavier was just smiling. Stupid guy! 

In the process of pulling him off me, they pulled him down and he pulled me along with himself. 

Just before I was to hit the ground, Easton opened his eyes and pushed his hands below my head so I wouldn't hurt it. 

I lay with him on top of me for a second before he swiftly got up and punched Ryder straight in the face.

"How dare you hurt her?"

 **************************************

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy

SUPRAJA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 14.5K 55
This is the story of two different souls who meets each other at the right time and right place. Damien King, hot , handsome and sexy not to mention...
6.4M 259K 32
Allison was never one to talk. She is quiet, shy, has no friends, and keeps to herself. She was never like this when she was younger. But when her mo...
36 0 12
Dianna and Ricardo have been best friends for over, she's never felt as comfortable with anyone as she does with him. They don't like all the same th...
397K 10.9K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...