Bungou Stray Dogs - The Mafia

By randomwriter246

Aiya is a typical college student until she finds herself being chased by two well known groups of supernatur... More

Information
Chapter 2 - Unknown Territory
Chapter 3 - Powers?
Chapter 4 - Hiding the Truth

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

1.2K 36 6
By randomwriter246

Aiya:

Run.

My body was shaking with fear. My legs were giving out. My lungs were heaving. Yet I continued to run through the bustling city. It was dark, but the city was full of life. I could hear everything clearly, the sound of my footsteps, the sound of the people chattering around me, the sound of a dog barking nearby, the sound of the car honking, and most importantly the sound of my name being called behind me.

Earlier this morning:

"Wake up Aiya! Its New Year's Eve! All the relatives are coming over, remember? Wake up!" my little brother, Nao, exclaimed while simultaneously jumping up and down on my bed. I swear if Nao wasn't as adorable as he is, I would've killed him a long time ago. I glanced at the clock next to my bed and to my surprise, it was already ten o'clock. With a sigh, I rolled out of bed and began planning out my day.

"Alright, I'm up. So, why don't you go wake up Takashi? He's probably still sleeping."

Without a second thought Nao ran out of my room screaming,"Taka! Wake up!"

Takashi is my older brother, he is twenty-four years old, four years older than me. He works as a doctor in the city and came to visit us for New Years. He is usually busy working, even over holidays, so it is nice to have him around for a change.

As realization of how late it was sank in I began to panic. I quickly threw on the floral dress my mother and I had picked out for the celebration and headed downstairs. To my surprise, my parents had already started decorating the house. In fact, they were so engrossed in picking out the perfect vase for the table, they didn't even notice me.

"Hmmm...the turquoise one for sure."

"Oh! Good morning sweetie, you look so cute in that dress! I knew it would suit you!" my mother exclaims while hugging me.

"Thanks mom."

My mom has always been very chirpy, especially during holidays. I have almost never seen a frown on her face. "Why don't you go eat breakfast with your brothers? We made pancakes. But after you eat we need your help with a couple things for the party," my father says.

"Alright!"

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen I heard a fit of laughter. Both Takashi and Nao were on the floor laughing with syrup and whipped cream all over their faces. When Takashi notices me staring at them he clears his throat and claims, "It wasn't me this time, I swear. Nao started it."

Honestly, sometimes I'm surprised he made it as a doctor. With a sigh, I grab a mop and hand it to Takashi. He smiles and grabs the mop from my hands. "So sis, how has the college life been? Too much for ya? Do you have a..."

"Not a chance. And before you ask, no, I do not have a boyfriend," I explained, cutting him off.

"Wow sis, you haven't changed a bit have you. You're still the most stubborn person I know."

"Like you've changed?" I state, gesturing to the mess he was cleaning up.

"Point taken. Anyway, go eat. There are still some pancakes on the counter."

I was just finishing cleaning the dishes when my dad came into the kitchen. "Hey Aiya, can you do your old man a favor?"

"Hmmm? What is it?" I eyed him suspiciously. Whenever my dad asks for favors it's never a good sign.

"I need you to go pick up a couple of things for the party at the store." he hands me a post-it with a list of at least twenty items on it. "Before you say anything, yes, it is possible to forget that much, and please don't tell your mother. She'll freak out."

"How did you forget to buy all of this? I mean I could understand forgetting a couple items, but twenty? Alright I'll go, just give me a minute."

"Your the best kiddo! Thanks!" he grins and walks out of the room.

Okay the last item on the checklist is a chocolate cake. I still can't believe he forgot to buy the cake. I've been running around the whole day getting these last minute items for the party. Good thing I ordered the cake as soon as I got that list from my dad. The bakery said the earliest they could finish it is 7 o'clock. I glance at my watch. "Oh. Is it that late already? The cake should be ready." I mutter to myself and begin walking towards the bakery.

As soon as I open the door to the little bakery a wonderful sweet smell passes thorough me. I have always loved the smell of bakeries and this bakery was no exception. All of the cakes and pastries look so delicious. I walk up to the counter and get the cake I ordered, but on my way out of the shop something catches my eye. I see a red haired girl walking up to me. Her hair is put up in two braids behind her back, and she also has a white flower in her hair. "Hello, do you think you could help me with something?" she asks cheerfully.

"Sure, what can I do for you? Are you lost?"

"My name is Lucy. It seems that I am lost. I just moved here yesterday and I cant find my apartment."

"Oh, I live around here so I can help you. Do you remember what street its on?"

"I'm afraid I don't... I can't remember." All of a sudden her phone starts ringing. She looks down at it and scowls. "Why now..." she sighs and picks up her phone and excuses herself.

Being the nosy person I am I try to listen to her conversation. I can't hear the whole conversation, but I do manage to salvage bits and pieces of the conversation.

"but...Aiya...kidnap..."

How did she know my name? This was a set up? Not looking back, I begin to run. I just need to make it to my car a couple blocks down. I sprint out of the bakery hearing Lucy yell my name.

Present: 

I almost make it to my car when I see Lucy standing in my way. How did she get there faster than me? I shake my head and turn right and run down an alley. I make a couple turns and I no longer hear my name being called or footsteps. I sigh in relief and slump down to the ground, trying to catch my breath.

Then I hear a man say, "Hey! Look what we found Dazai. This is who The Guild was chasing. Doesn't look like much, but if The Guild wants her we should take her to the boss. Alright missy your coming with us."

My heart skips a beat, "No thanks," I state while trying to find the pepper spray I keep in my bag. Hopefully pepper spray will do the trick, but if it doesn't I'll just fight. My father made sure me and my brothers learned how to protect ourselves. I have a black belt in Judo, however, I still don't like to get myself into unnecessary fights that could have been avoided. 

The man finally steps in front of me and I get into a defensive stance, with my pepper spray in hand. He has blue eyes and orange hair that falls over his left shoulder. He is wearing a black hat, black gloves, and a black coat that almost looks like a cape. But what's surprisingly funny is he is pretty short for a man. I manage to suppress the laugh that threatens to escape me, but I can't stop smiling. This guy is supposed to beat me? 

"Eh? Dazai is she smiling? Woman what's so funny?" Then I see another man walk up behind the orange haired man.

"Oh! A pretty woman! Finally, I can have my double suicide!" the man exclaims, looking at me like a starstruck puppy. This man, Dazai, has mildly wavy, short dark brown hair and brown eyes. He is wearing a dark trench coat and an eyepatch that covers half his face.

Before I can even process what Dazai said the orange haired guy says, "Did you hear what I said you idiot? We should take her in."

"Yeah I heard you Chuya, but can't I ask her about it first? She's the perfect double suicide partner!"

After hearing Dazai's proposition, Chuya slowly turns around to face Dazai and begins yelling at him. "This is why we never get anything done! YOU! You are slowly killing me!"

I slowly back away from the two men, careful not to disturb them. When I reach a safe distance from the two, I try to sprint out of the alley, but Chuya blocks my path. 

"Not so fast there missy. Don't think we didn't see you. We aren't Port Mafia Executives for nothing. " 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

116K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
295K 27.5K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...