Do I look fat in this? Story...

By MaddyWithAWhyy

"As I stepped in front of the mirror, I flipped on the light, hoping to get a better view of myself, or bette... More

Do I look fat in this? Story Of A Insecure Teenager.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Epilogue.

Chapter 2.

7K 169 41
By MaddyWithAWhyy

I leaned over the bed to kiss Jace once more, wrapping my arms around his neck this time. He sat me up on top of him and let his lips glide down to my neck, kissing my weak spot. I let out a moan when he moved his mouth to my ear, his hot breath tickling-

“Cassie!? CASSIE!” Jace knocked my arm at me. When I snapped back, I realised I had zoned out, and we were sitting in math class... Not on my bed. I almost sighed of frustration.

Jace chuckled. “Cassie, do you blank out a lot?” I nodded and laughed. “What were you thinking about?”

Humping your brains out. “Nothing, just focusing on the board.”  I smiled. Damn, if I told him the real reason, I think I’d die of embarrassment and keep myself looked in my room my whole life.

"Stop talking, you two!" Mrs.Evers scorned. I smiled, embarrased, and lowered my head.

When the teacher turned back to the board, he moved in a little closer to my ear, his breath on the back of my throat. "Want to hang out today?" He asked softly. I snapped my head to him, and I smacked my chin against his forehead in the process. He held his head and began laughing.

"Uhm, sorry; and yes. I would."

"Cool, I'll meet you in the parking lot after school? We can go to my house if you want. I could even ask Matt, Aaron and Adam?"

"Sure." I smiled.

At lunch time, I looked around the cafeteria, and to my luck, there were no free seats. I sighed, and walked out the doors, up to the school oval outside. The sun was shining, and I closed my eyes as I took a bite of my apple, letting the warmth hit my face.

"Hey." I opened my eyes, to see Aaron I think? Standing one step below me.

"Oh hi." I smiled. He stood there a little awkwardly, a sandwich in his hand, until I gestured for him to sit down next to me.

"So... Jace said you were going to his house today?"

"Yeah. Are you going too?"

Aaron nodded and smiled. I looked ahead, and admired the view of the forest that surrounded the field.

"So. How come you came here?"

"No room in the cafeteria." I smiled.

"No, I mean why did you come here. To California. I heard Florida is pretty awesome,"

"Long story." I laughed.

"Well. We've got time. Lunch is an hour."

I looked at him then, searching his eyes for something unknown. He stared back.

"Well. I guess it's mainly because my mum is a model, and she got promoted to this magazine here. Anyway; I kinda hated my life back in Florida."

"Why's that?"

"I used to get bullied."

"What?" He asked confused, "Why?"

"Look at me..." I trailed off, frowning. He shook his head and obviously searched for something wrong with me.

"I see perfection, to be honest."

I laughed nervously, clearly embarrased. "You're blushing." He smirked.

"Well it's not so often I get a compliment. Not that I deserve one."

He frowned again. "Oh come on. You're beautiful. I bet you have every boy coming after you,"

"Hey guys!" I sighed in relief when Jace came running up the stairs. It wasn't that I didn't like Aaron, it was just what he was saying sounded... Fake. Or perhaps I just couldn't believe that someone had actually called me beautiful. I was far from it, in my opinion. In anyone's opinion, I bet.

"One more lesson, then I'll meet you, right Cass?" I nodded, and got up.

"Well. I guess I'll go..Uh," I needed an excuse! "Find Jessica."

"Oh you made a new friend?" Jace smiled.

"Yeah! Well. See you in a bit."

"Bye!"

I found Jessica, sat with a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. They both looked up as I came to them, and Jessica greeted me, the other girl just plastered on a small smile.

"Hey Cass! How's school going?"

"Well. I've only been here four days." I laughed. She smiled and turned to her friend.

"Oh! Olivia, this is Cassie. Cassie, Olivia." I held out my hand and Olivia shook it softly. I could tell she was a somewhat quiet, shy girl.

As if reading my mind, Jessica said, "I know she seems quiet, but trust me, get to know her, and you'll wish she was."

Olivia laughed and nodded, "It's true."

I smiled.

"So what you up to today?"

"Oh I got invited to Jace's house today."

"Oh my God! Jace Carter... He's a hottie." She giggled.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

The bell rung, signalling for the next class. Sighing, I said my goodbyes, and walked to my last class.

I took in my surroundings as Jace gave me a tour of his place; it was pretty nice. Light green walls in every room, paintings of nice, yet random things filled them. A chandelier was oddly placed on the ceiling, yet it looked suitable. Wooden desk, wooden chairs, leather couches, flat screen televisions. All in all, it was nicer than my house ever was, and much, much cleaner. Finally, he led me up some stairs, where a hallway of three rooms stood. He pointed to his parent’s room, the bathroom, and then he led me into his own room. This one was the odd one out in the house, his walls were blue, and he had a walk in closet bigger than mine for God sakes! Being the teenage boy he was, a few clothes were strewn across his floor, and his school books were kept untidy on his desk. They were the only messy things in this house; I was worried how many women lived here.

“The guys should be here soon.” Jace said, smiling. I nodded, and began walking over to his desk, noticing a few ornaments were placed on it. A few picture frames were placed atop, and I began looking at one of a girl in a meadow, around fifteen years of age, the face that looked back at me was almost the same as my own.  We had the same golden honey coloured hair and muddy brown eyes, though she had doe like eyes, while mine were average sized. Her complexion was pale, when mine was naturally tanned. Her cheekbones were showing, giving her an ill look, even though she was grinning like the Cheshire cat. I was instantly jealous; I was the complete opposite of her, she was beautiful.

“Who is this?” I asked curiously.

“Um, my sister?” He asked more than stated, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Oh, well she’s really pretty. Why aren’t the rest of your family in a frame?” I gestured to the other two pictures that contained Jace and Aaron, with Adam, then Matt and Jace in another.

“I don’t keep family pictures in my room, they’re all downstairs.” Didn’t he just say that was his sister though? Maybe they are close. I shrugged.

He yawned stretching his arms above his head, just enough so I could see faint traces of a six pack, and I felt like I was dying inside. I wanted to pounce on him and jump his bones right there. But he would be disgusted, and besides, I’d probably squash him under my weight and suffocate him with my fat. Then I’d have no chance with him.

Once again, he caught me staring and smirked, this time grabbing the two sides of his t-shirt and stretching again, tensing his stomach to reveal his full six pack. He made a groaning sound as he dropped his hands. “Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” He winked, before walking out of his bedroom door and gesturing for me to follow. I did reluctantly, my face probably looking like steam was coming out of it. What is that boy doing to me?

Car doors slamming and male voices followed by giggles told me Jace’s friends were here. I wasn’t sure what to call them yet, I’d only known them for a few days. Sure, I had known Jace just as long, but he was sexy, so it didn’t count.

As we walked down to the front door, our arms brushed, I looked up to him to see if he looked disgusted, but surprisingly, he was smiling a little. I tried to stop myself from grinning, and failed miserably. I really needed to stop getting ahead of myself, and my hopes up.

Jace opened the door just as five teenagers burst in, like it was their own home. This, I laughed at, and they noticed.

“What’s so funny?” Matt asked, raising an eyebrow at me questioningly. I shook my head, smiling, and he shrugged.

“Guys...It smells weird; what have you two been doing here, all alone?” asked Aaron, wiggling his eyebrows. Everyone laughed, while I was pretty sure my face was full of shock and anger. Shock that they could even think Jace would go for someone like me, let alone do that! And anger that my virgin mind had to think of the images popping up. Thinking like that didn’t seem to bother you earlier, now did it? My mind asked mockingly. I told it to shut up and ignored it, it did nothing but bring me trouble. Okay, I was crazy. Definitely crazy... So crazy-

“Cassie!  Jesus Christ!”

“Does she always do this?”

“Apparently?”

Suddenly I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek as I looked up at Aaron, who was looking at me with an amused face. Did he just slap me?

“God Cassie, snap out of it, you could probably zone out like that on the street while walking into moving cars.” He laughed.

“Cassie,” Jace started mockingly, “what were you thinking about. Again?”

“Um,” think of something dammit! “Horses?”

“Really? Because your ‘virgin mind’ wasn’t bothered earlier, by what, exactly. And I doubt it was a horse?” He raised his eyebrows, smirking.

My expression must have been horrified, because everyone mimicked me, all holding their own mock horror faces. I hope I didn’t say that out loud. I blushed uncontrollably again, why do I keep blushing?!

“Well?” Adam pressed, trying to keep his cool. I saw he had a pretty brunette linked in his arm, must be his girlfriend, as did Matt. His girlfriend had slightly fairer hair. Adam cleared his throat, jokingly growing impatient.

I gave up. “You wouldn’t be asking if you didn’t know so leave me alone already.” I sighed.

“Hey Jace, I think she’s interested in you.” Matt winked at him.

Jace, clearly peeved, glared at Matt, and understanding crossed his features. What was that look all about?

“Why don’t we go play X-box and the girls can get to know each other?” Aaron suggested. I noticed he was the only one without a girl, probably single, I guessed. Everyone nodded, and the two girls walked to me, looking shy and embarrassed.

“Hi, I'm Jezebel, Matt’s girlfriend, and then there’s Claire, Adam’s girlfriend.” They smiled, and I shook their outstretched hands. They seemed okay.

Two movies and five huge chocolate bars later, we were clutching our stomachs, groaning on the coach, when the boys finally came down. They froze for a minute before looking at us questioningly. Jezebel answered their silent question.

“God,” she groaned, “note to self: never eat that much chocolate again.” They understood immediately and grinned, looking at us again.

“Cassie?” I looked at Jace and nodded, “want a ride home? You said you walked here, and it’s already eight.”

“Yes please” I smiled and got off of my seat. Jace gestured for me to follow him, and I went to say a simple goodbye, not planning to be bear hugged by everyone. They gave me an excuse as “in case we lost you” I couldn’t stop grinning as I got into Jace’s car, buckling myself up.

It was a short and silent ride, only taking ten minutes to get to my house, thirty of which I had walked earlier, not that I minded, I was going to need to do some serious work out after that chocolate.

“Thanks Jace, I had a really good time, and the girls are very nice to me.” I smiled. He returned it, shrugging.

“It’s cool, we should do it again. I’m thinking camping; next weekend on this camp site I found, it’s awesome. You in?”

Nodding enthusiastically, I got out of the car; I’d do anything to not have to sit alone all day.  He said he’d see me at school tomorrow and I waved goodbye before running up the steps to my porch.

I walked into my house, sighing, Making my way up to my room, I planned on taking a shower. My room was pretty dull right now; I had only moved in a couple of weeks ago. Boxes were lying on the floor messily, paint was coming off the white walls, and the only furniture out was my walk-in closet, my queen sized bed, and a bed side table. I would decorate this room when my mum got back.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around me, and stepped out to dry my hair. As I stepped in front of the mirror, I flipped on the light; hoping to get a better view of myself, or better, dreading the view of myself. I let the towel slip a quarter of an inch before letting it go completely. It was the first time in months I’d dared to look at myself without clothes, and what looked back at me surprised me a little. I noticed I wasn’t as fat in the stomach, or as wide, but I was definitely still ugly. The mirror was probably tricking me anyway, making me think I looked slimmer. I shook my head, and picked the towel up off the floor, and then put on my underwear set, sighing.

Dinner was boring; I made a chicken salad, not even focusing on the food. My mind kept wondering off to Jace, I was really starting to like him, and it frustrated me. I hoped he would return the feelings or I had no idea what to do...

Jace’s P.O.V

I closed my eyes in frustration as Cassie got out of my car. She was so beautiful. So much like my Aria. I finally gained control of myself and pulled away from her house, driving at high speed to my destination.

When I walked in, I closed the hospital doors behind me, and made my way to the front desk. The nurse smiled at me, recognising me as the boy that came here every day.

“Hey Jace. Here to see Aria?” She smiled sadly.

“Yeah...” She nodded, and gestured for me to go.

I knocked on Aria’s door and her scratchy voice said come in.

“Hey baby, how are you feeling?” I asked her, full of concern.

 “How well could I feel?” she shrugged and gave a warm joking smile. I didn’t find it funny.

“Jace?” A male voice said behind me, I spun around, instantly recognising Dr. Evers “Hey... Can I talk to you for a minute outside?” I nodded and glanced back at Aria, saying sorry with my eyes.

“I don’t think she has very long, the cancer has spread to more parts of her body, and I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do Jace. I’m sorry.” He said the apology clear in his face.

I froze. I couldn’t move. I thought they could make her better!  They promised me they would! It’s not their fault. Calm down.

I was having a good day, and then this happens! How could I “calm down?”

“How long does she have?” I managed to croak out.

“Five, maybe six days at the most if she’s lucky. I think you should tell her, you know her the best, even better than me. You’re all she has.” He walked away, leaving me with no choice.

I nodded, not sure of what to say. I felt something wet go down my cheek and I wiped the tear away, frustrated. What was I going to do? How could I even tell the love of my life that she was going to die and I could do nothing at all to stop it!? I finally decided to just be brave and walked in her room; the look on her face told me she heard all of that. Oh Fuck...

___________________________________________

End of chapter two! Hope you enjoyed it, will try to update again either today or tomorrow, though I know they are short, I value quality over quantity! The song is for when its Jace's P..O.V It fits it a bit.

Take whatever life throws at you.

Love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689 111 65
It's about a girl who is going through a hard time and this is her story about how she got through it and fell in love with her best friend, Jace. Wi...
230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
142K 5.2K 23
One of the main characters of this story isn't your average pretty, size zero, micro mini type of girls. Let me introduce Ava Jacobson. Now don't get...
11.6M 101K 21
A broken girl... Twenty years old and I'd finally had enough. I couldn't take anymore, so I packed up my things and disappeared, leaving behind my dr...