Sakura's twin sister Chiharu...

By xxbyunhyun

Chiharu Haruno is Sakura's twin sister. Everyone thought that she was just another normal genin about to end... More

Character profile
Ch. 1 - Enter: Chiharu Haruno
Ch. 2 - Wird team with weird members
Ch. 3 - Kurenai's test: Student vs. sensei
Ch. 4 - A C-ranked mission for team Kurenai
Ch. 5 - The team from Kumogakure
Ch. 6 - Hin Senri A.K.A. crazy kidnapper of villagers
Ch. 7 - My ninja way
Ch. 8 - Training for team Kurenai
Ch. 9 - A flower picking adventure gone wrong
Ch. 10 - We never leave our comrades
Ch. 11 - New friends from the Sand
Ch. 12 - The start of the Chunin exams
Ch. 13 - Ibiki's test: Cheating not allowed!
Ch. 14 - The Forest of Death
Ch. 15 - Team Madoka and Chi vs. Sound team
Ch. 16 - Pinky promise
Ch. 17 - Memories: The girl with pink hair and the Hana
Ch. 19 - Chiharu's fight: Everything for victory!
Ch. 20 - Monsters, senseis and goodbyes
Ch. 21 - Dear insanity
Ch. 22 - My new scary sensei Takeshi
Ch. 23 - Fight with a giant fire spewing dragon
Ch. 24 - Summoning complexes and Takeshi's spy
Ch. 25 - Fight with Deidara and Sasori
Ch. 26 - Birthday, last mission and returning
Ch. 27 - '' Loosing was never even an option ''
Ch. 28 - Mei's last fight, the funeral and an offer
Ch. 29 - Love problems and the Akatsuki in Konoha
Ch. 30 - A new beginning

Ch. 18 - Preliminary matches

10.8K 447 148
By xxbyunhyun

'' Shiki-kun! You passed! '' I happily yelled and jumped on Shikamaru's back. He stumbled for a few steps with surprise. I grinned at Ino that was staring at me with a weird look on her face, like she was thinking about something and Choji that seemed strange without the usual bag of chips in his hands.  

'' Troublesome girl... Get off my back... '' Shikamaru murmured, gasping for air.  

My grin widened and I hugged him tighter. '' What? You can't be serious! Come on, Shiki-kun! I missed you! Since we were put on teams it was like I never even saw you anymore! It's really not fair. ''  

'' That doesn't mean that you have to do stuff like... jumping on my back. We can still hang out at my place and play video games and shogi... You'll always be my best friend, '' Shikamaru said.  

'' Aww, '' I squealed, only hugging him tighter and completely ignoring the weird looks of the people around me. '' And you're surprisingly cuddly! ''  

Shikamaru's face slowly turned red after my comment while I just carelessly laughed and began poking his cheek, still on his back.  

Suddenly Ino snapped with her fingers. '' I get it now! You have a crush on Shikamaru! ''  

We both stared at her. Then we slowly looked at each other. The next second I already jumped away and there was a blush, spreading across my face. '' No! No! It's not like that! Shikamaru is my best friend since childhood! I mean if we would get together it would just be weird! ''  

'' But you do like him! '' Ino said with a smile and her eyes were sparkly with enthusiasm. Did she really think Shikamaru and I would make such a good couple?  

I shook my head even faster. '' No! '' Then I stared at Shikamaru. '' No offence... You know that I think you're awesome and I love you. But not in a 'love you love you' way... '' My face began getting even redder when I saw the look in his face. Gagh, what the heck was going on? When did this whole thing get so strange and complicated? '' I'm leaving! '' I yelled and slowly began backing away. 

I looked around to see which team I could hang out with. We were all on the tribunes that were around the arena that had a fighting platform in the middle. It looked like there were exactly 10 teams that passed.  

At first I noticed the weird team of that even weirder, creepier Kabuto guy. When I saw Hitomi, Ren and Ryo I couldn't help it but to smile. They seemed beat up but they were my friends and that was why I was happy that they passed. Next to them there were Kotori, Tsubaki and Yasu looked surprisingly okay. Tsubaki was even fixing her glasses in that creepy way of hers. When I noticed the next team my smile disappeared. 

The Sound team, Sumiko, Kaito and Mei. They also looked beat up and tired but they were there... Mei was currently even shooting strange looks in my direction. I guessed that she held a grudge about that whole senbon technique that I used on her.  

I slowly clenched my fists. This time... If I will have to face one of them in a fight... I was going to win. I was going to do everything that I'll have to win. Loosing won't be an option.  

Close to them there was another Sound team. Their leader was wearing a furry thing and one of their members had his arms completely covered with bandages. I wondered if he hurt them in the forest of death.  

Standing a little bit further away was Gaara's team. I noticed Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke on one side of the arena and then Tenten, Lee and Neji on the other side. I grinned at waved at Tenten that just smiled and nodded back. Then I already ran in the direction of my sister's team.  

'' Howdy! '' I happily greeted them, grinning. '' I see that you made it! Congratulations! ''  

Naruto smiled. '' Of course we made it! '' he said and raised his fist in the air. '' I already told you that we were going to pass the exams! Believe it! ''  

I looked at them again and noticed that they were all beat up and covered with bruises. My eyes slowly travelled through their faces. Then they slowly stopped and returned back to Sakura's. My eyes slowly widened.  

'' S-Sakura... '' I began with shock. '' Your hair... ''  

She smiled and ran with her hand through it. '' I think that it's better this way... So it doesn't get in the way in a fight. ''  

I knew the reason she kept her hair long in the first place. It was because she heard that Sasuke liked girls with long hair or something like that. I looked at Sasuke and then back at Sakura. Something big happened to them during the exams. And my sister... She seemed different now. She seemed more like... a real ninja.  

I grinned at her. '' Onee-chan, I think that it looks great! '' I showed her a thumbs up and then leaned closer to her. No one heared what I whispered to her next: '' We'll have a talk about what happened later, okay? I also have something important to tell you. ''  

I moved away again and she looked at me with her green eyes. Then she nodded. '' Okay. And I'll remind you about that because I know that otherwise you'll forget. ''  

'' That's true! '' I said, smiling. Then I looked at Sasuke. '' What happened to you? You also seemed pretty beat up. Maybe you should back away from the exams before you get seriously hurt. ''  

Sasuke clenched his fists. '' I'm an avenger. ''  

'' I'm an avenger, '' I imitated him with a funny face.  

Naruto of course began laughing. And Sakura, surprisingly didn't punch me but just said: '' Don't insult him, Chi. ''  

I smiled and then looked back at Sasuke. '' But seriously... I can see that there's something wrong right now. My sixth sense is telling me that... Or is it the fifth? Maybe the fourth?... Oh, just forget that! One of my senses is telling me that something's wrong... ''  

He slowly narrowed his eyes. '' Why would you care? ''  

I showed him a closed eyed smile. '' Because avenger or not... You're still one of my friends and the people I care about. And I don't want to see you getting hurt. So promise me that you'll be careful, okay? ''  

His eyes slightly widened at my words, then he nodded. '' I promise, '' he seriously murmured. I smiled and wanted to walk away but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked at his fingers, wrapped around it and then back at his face. He was staring at me with his black eyes. '' And you too... Chi. Promise that you'll be careful. There aren't many people like you left... And I don't want you gone ''  

I grinned and stroke a funny pose. '' I'm to awesome to die! Good luck everyone! Naruto-kun, Sasuke-kun, Onee-chan, I hope you all pass! '' And with that I danced away from team 7 and joined mine.

***

I was leaning on the fence that was surrounding the tribunes and groaning with boredom. '' Groan. Groan. Chi is groaning, '' I murmured, sighing for the tenth time in the past few minutes.  

'' Shut up, '' Kurenai that appeared earlier hissed and smacked my head. '' Listen to what the Hokage is saying. ''  

Once the Hokage arrived he congratulated us all for passing. Then he said that to many teams passed and that was why we'll have to hold some matches with each other. I was currently listening to the man with coughing problems that said that the names will be randomly chosen and will appear on the board that was on the wall on one side of the arena.  

This sparkled my interest. So I could pretty much end up fighting with anyone? This was going to be so interesting...  

Then I heard how the man asked if someone wanted to quit and I frowned with confusion when I noticed how Kabuto's hand shot up. He wanted to quit? I mean, maybe he did look a little beat up but still... He did the exams so many times already and now he was quitting again? What exactly was the point of that?  

I already decided that I was going to try to pass the exams, even if it will kill me. Hopefully it wouldn't, but I still really didn't feel like going through something like the Forest of death again next year. That was why I was going to give it my all this time. Maybe my leg hurt and I was pretty sure that the red thing that was appearing on the bandages on it was blood and my arm felt a little sore because of the wound on it's shoulder... But still. I wasn't giving up. Never. Not until I'm still breathing. That was my ninja way.  

Kurenai looked at us and smiled. '' So no one plans on quitting? ''  

'' Never, sensei! '' Kiba and I yelled at the same time and grinned while Shino just nodded in agreement and Hinata slightly narrowed her eyes.  

Kurenai was staring at us for a few seconds. Then she suddenly pulled us in a group hug, smiling. '' I'm so proud of you, kids! Even if you don't pass the exams this year... You all came a long way since the day you were assigned on a team together! ''  

'' Yay, group hug! '' I squealed. 

Once the nice moment was over we all stared at the board on the wall again, to see who was going to take part of the first fight. My eyes slightly widened when I noticed the two names.

KIBA INUZUKA VS. NARUTO UZUMAKI

Well this is going to be interesting.  

I was watching the fight with enthusiasm. Kiba and Naruto just began and it seemed like my teammate was a little bit stronger than the Uzumaki. '' COME ON KIBA! KICK HIS ASS! YEAH! GO AKAMARU! A-K-A-M-A-R-U! YAY! '' I yelled, leaning over the fence and grinning.  

Naruto stared at me and anime cried: '' Chi-chan! I thought we were friends! ''  

'' Sorry! '' I quickly said. '' NARUTO! GO! YOU'RE GONNA BEAT HIM! YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL! '' 

'' CHIHARU! '' Kiba yelled and I could see that he was trying really hard not to attack me instead of Naruto. '' WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?! ''  

I just grinned and waved at both of them. '' Good luck! ''  

And then the fight continued. I got a little involved again when Kiba began mocking Naruto about how he was never going to become Hokage, considering that he couldn't even defeat him and Akamaru. Then I began yelling how I was going to come down and kick him and his dog if he won't shut up. After that we got in to another fight about how I was his teammate and I should support him. When he lost to Naruto I thought that it was kind of fair. He shouldn't start mocking him in the first place. And I was Naruto's biggest fan, always encouraging him about he was going to become Hokage. I knew that somehow he was going to find a way to win.  

Kiba dragged himself to the place Hinata, Shino and I were waiting. He was shooting death glares at me. '' You could've at least try to support me. ''  

I just grinned. '' I did. Untill you started mocking Naruto. ''  

'' Since when do you even care about him? '' Kiba asked, frowning.  

I shrugged. '' He's my friend and I don't like it when people start to insult my friends. ''  

Kiba sighed, rolling his eyes. '' Let's just watch the next fight. ''  

After Naruto's and Kiba's fight the next in line were Ino against Sakura. I really hoped that my sister was going to win but this time I didn't get involved because again, they had one of their private conflicts, connected to the fact that they both had a crush on Sasuke. I was a little disappointed when at the end neither one of them won.  

The next fight was another interesting one. It was Tenten against Temari. They were both my friends and again I had to idea who to cheer for. But when we were watching them fight everyone realised, even me, that Temari was clearly stronger than Tenten. I almost started fangirling (and no, not in that way) when she flied around on her giant fan. I just think that people with fans are awesome, hehe.  

After Tenten's and Temari's match I kind of fell asleep a little. The truth was that I just wanted to fight someone and get this exams over with. I had no idea how it was possible how my attitude changed so much from the start. I was so full of enthusiasm at the start of the exams. Meaby it was because of what happened in the Forest of death. Images of Shino and Kiba, getting completly covered with senbon and Hinata, falling on the ground with kunais sticking out of her back were still flashing in front of my eyes. And my hands... They were still completely covered with red burned lines. That was why I was still wearing gloves. My friends and Kurenai knew but I didn't want the others to be worried.  

Then I suddenly felt how someone shook me, making me fall on the ground and hit my head on something on the way down. I groaned and then looked up. '' What is it? ''  

Kiba sighed, rolling his eyes. '' Hinata is just going down on the battleground. ''  

I was instantly awake and standing up. My eyes widened when I noticed who she was fighting against.  

Neji Hyuga. 

'' What did I miss? '' I murmured to Kiba.  

He sighed. '' You missed five fights. Shino fought against one of the two members of Kabuto's team and he won. ''  

I grinned at Shino. '' Well done! ''  

'' It was easy, '' he murmured, his creepy aura surrounding him.  

I flinched and stared at Kiba. '' Someone else? ''  

He nodded. '' There was Kankuro against someone from that other Sound team. The puppeteer won. ''  

I sighed with disappointment, crossed my arms and made a face like I was two years old or something like that. '' Not fair! '' I cried. '' I wanted to see the puppet show! I like puppets! I always wanted to learn how to use them! ''  

Kiba stared at me with confusion. '' Really? If you asked me those things are even creepier than Shino. ''  

'' What did you say? '' Shino murmured, suddenly appearing behind Kiba.  

Kiba flinched and stared at him with anger. '' DON'T DO CRAP LIKE THAT! YOU KNOW THAT I HATE THAT! '' Then he looked at me again, taking deep breaths. '' Okay. The next fight was Kotori against the other member of Kabuto's team... '' I noticed how his expression became a little bit more frightened when he mentioned the name 'Kotori'. '' S-She used some mad Earth release jutsus and defeated him. '' By the look on his face I was guessing that now he was worried that she would trap him in a coffin under ground or something like that. Hm... Didn't Kotori and I once talk about that topic? If kidnapping the person that you love was wrong?  

'' And the other two fights? '' I questioned.  

'' There was another member of the Sound team against Ryo... Ryo got defeated. '' Kiba and I both sighed with disappointment. I liked Ryo and I hoped that he would pass. '' Yeah... He also got out of it pretty badly... ''  

My eyes widened with concern. '' W-Where is he? ''  

'' They had to take him to the hospital, '' Kiba said, scratching the back of his head and sighing. Ryo was in the hospital? Just how bad was he hurt? Apparently pretty bad because Kiba quickly decided to change the topic: '' And the last fight was between another member of Kabuto's team and Shikamaru. ''  

My eyes instantly sparkled with enthusiasm.  

Yeah, changing the topic worked really easily with me.  

'' Shiki-kun! '' I yelled, throwing my fists in the air. There was a wide grin on my face. '' How did he do? ''  

Kiba frowned and then murmured, sounding a little bit jealous: '' Shikamaru won. ''  

'' Yay! I knew it! Shiki is awesome! '' I cheered, grinning. Then I stared at the fighting arena, where Hinata and Neji were just beginning their fight. Hm, so there were already six fights? How was it possible that it wasn't my turn yet? I was getting even more excited... I wanted to fight someone. I wasn't sure why I just felt like it.  

I stared down at the fighting arena and then yelled: '' COME ON, HINATA! YOU CAN DO IT! ''  

She didn't seem to be to sure about it and that what always made her weaker in a fight. She doubted herself. If she wouldn't and actually punch, thinking that she could win, she would be much stronger. But we were still working on that.  

'' T-Thanks f-fo-for the support, '' Hinata said, slightly smiling at me.  

'' No problem! '' I replied with a grin and clenched my fists. '' Now kick his ass! ''  

I was watching their fight, getting more depressed and angry every time that Neji yelled another insult at Hinata. I thought that her family, always saying how weak she was, was already enough and now even Neji started telling her that? At one point Kiba actually had to hold me back so I wouldn't go and punch Neji. When Hinata lost I was sulking in the corner.  

I was still proud of her because somewhere between her fight she really started giving it all. I wasn't sure if it was because of mine or Naruto's yelling. We were the ones that encouraged her about how she was actually able to win.  

The board on the wall just showed the names of other two people that were going to fight. And apparently that was a pretty strange and unusual pair. I didn't really see the names because I was still sulking in the corner but I heard how everyone began gasping and murmuring with surprise.  

Then I suddenly felt how Kiba kicked me. '' Come on, Chi-chan. It's your turn. ''  

I looked up at him with surprise. '' Really? ''  

He seemed a little bit nervous and concerned. Kurenai walked closer and seriously said: '' Yeah... And no matter who you're fighting... Give it your all, okay? ''  

I frowned with confusion and then turned around. My eyes widened when I noticed the other name on the board. '' No way... '' I whispered, staring at it with shock. I couldn't believe that I was actually supposed to fight that person.  

'' Go! Don't think about the fact that you're friends! '' Kiba said, pushing me to the stairs that were leading to the fighting platform. '' Give it your all and show to everyone what you're capable to do! What an amazing ninja you are! ''  

I slowly nodded, still slightly in shock. '' Okay. Amazing ninja, '' I repeated.  

I walked past the Sumiko, Mei and Kaito. Their eyes were following my every move. At first I thought that they were just going to stare, just like I was looking back at them in a way so they could see how I was disappointed and angry that they actually managed to reach the tower.  

Then Sumiko murmured: '' This should be interesting... You already won against Mei... ''  

'' She didn't win! '' Mei hissed, shooting an angry glare at Sumiko.  

Kaito sighed. '' You would be dead if I wouldn't get the antidote for that poison from Chiharu... ''

Then all of them stared at me again. We were looking at each other for a few seconds, before Sumiko slowly smiled. '' Good luck. ''  

'' Good luck? You're actually wishing me good luck? Aren't we supposed to be enemies? '' I asked with disbelief.  

Mei smirked and her blue eyes sparkled. '' Show us if you're really worthy of Orochimaru-sama's attention. ''  

I flinched at the sound of his name and then quickly continued walking. I almost forgot about the fact that Orochimaru was looking for me and that those three were actually here to kidnap me. Well, I didn't actually forget it, I just chose not to think about it... It was easier this way. The whole thing was already freaking me out enough.  

I noticed how everyone was staring at me and probably wondering what did I talk about with the Sound team. My eyes locked with Gaara's for a second. I smiled and then climbed on the fighting platform, looking at my opponent.  

The person was staring at me for a few seconds. '' Promise me that no matter who'll win... That our friendship won't get destroyed because of it. Okay? Please, I don't want t ruin it because of something like that. And promise me that you'll give it your all. I don't want you holding back because you're my friend, just like I won't. ''  

I tossed my head on one side and a closed eyed smile appeared on my face. '' Don't worry! No matter if I'm fighting one of my friends... I'll get over it and give it my all. I promise, Hitomi-chan! ''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 9K 41
(DISCONTINUED) "I don't know if I could change things when I'm not supposed to be here, but..." she started, trailing off before turning to face them...
181K 7.5K 32
Almost three years passed since Chiharu Haruno, Sakura's twin sister left Konoha. She was training and going on missions together with her sensei Tak...
1.1M 58.8K 101
There is a famous legend telling the story of a woman. No one knows her age or what she looks like, since she always has a fox mask on her face. They...
2.9K 89 14
Naruto Uzumaki, the delinquent, and trouble maker known throughout the village. But he is more than that, he is kind, caring, and would fight to the...