The Teacher's Pet

By AngelBlueDawn

Despite the schools strict teacher/student policy Alex Reynolds can't help being drawn to his student, Belle... More

Chapter One.
chapter two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter 22.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter twenty four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter twenty nine.
epilogue
Stay Tuned

Chapter Four.

36.4K 994 284
By AngelBlueDawn

So in this chapter I will be linking the AMAZING video that @diagnosedwithlupus made for me, she did such a great job! Definitely give it a watch and subscribe to her channel.

Thursday.

It was a Thursday the first time he spoke to her on school grounds and they weren't in his class room. She would never forget it, would hold it with her for the rest of her life as the day that someone had finally spoken to her at school simply because they wanted too.

It was a nice sunny day and she had decided to take her lunch break outside rather than face the crowded cafeteria of people who only wanted to put her down. This school was full of rich kids who drove there every day in their fancy cars and she had never really fit in. She'd walk to school in her worn out shoes and try to keep her head down. Before her mom died it hadn't been so bad, she would go home and cry and her mom would make her ice cream and tell her how beautiful she was, how smart, how special. It'd been a long time since she'd felt worth while.

She walked to the only picnic table outside and took a seat, dropping her back pack on the bench beside her. She pulled out a book and turned to her page, her step-mother had forgot to pack her lunch again.

The door to the school opened behind her and a young couple sprinted across the grass, they disappeared behind the building and she shook her head. She'd never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, never been touched but she thought the constant PDA's was ridiculous.

She turned back to her book and was completely entranced by a chapter when a shadow fell over her. She ducked her head, more out of habit than actual fear.

"Miss Whitley?"

"Good Afternoon Mr. Reynolds."

"Good Afternoon...."He trailed off and looked around the small yard.

She blushed and turned her head back to her book, she wasn't blind to the fact he was attractive and that she wasn't. He was obviously thinking she was a freak with no friends who had to sit outside alone at lunch.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" He asked.

Even though she was the only one in the small area she looked around, certain he was speaking to someone other than her. Finally she gave a small shake of her head and he took up the seat across from her, she forced her head and eyes back down to her book but was no longer reading any words. The truth was she liked him, more than she knew she should.

"What are you reading today?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"Frankenstein," She said softly.

"Really? And how do you like it?"

"I think it's terribly sad, that poor creature."

"You disagree with him being a monster then?"

"The only monster in this book are the human beings," She replied.

"I would have to agree with you."

She turned back to her book and he watched her read, the silence stretching on for a few minutes before he finally spoke again.

"Are you excited for Homecoming?"He asked.

"No, I'm not going."

"Oh? Can I ask why?"

She shifted nervously on her seat, she wasn't going because not only could she not afford a dress but also because she had nobody to go with.

"It's just not really my thing," She said finally.

He didn't say anything and she turned back to her book, she wasn't really reading anymore but was debating how she could lave and not be obvious.

"Where's your lunch?" He asked.

"I'm not hungry, I haven't been feeling well today."

"Maybe you should go see the school nurse," He suggested.

"I might just do that," She lied.

She kept her eyes pinned to her book, she didn't want to look at him and let him see how vulnerable she really was. She could hear him moving around but forced herself not to look, then slowly a sandwich was slid in front of her.

"Eat something," He said.

"Oh, no sir...I..."She started to protest.

"I have more than enough to eat and I could get in trouble for even offering, you know how strict this school is....so please, eat."

She chewed on her lower lip, staring at his offering. She was starving and her mouth watered just look at the sandwich but taking it would only alert him to the fact that she was starved. He stood and she flinched away out of reflex.

He paused, standing still and staring at her. She forced her eyes to meet his and he slowly stepped away from the table.

"I'm going to go, eat the food."

He grabbed his computer bag and headed back into the school, leaving Belle alone again at the table. She hesitated and waited until she was sure he was gone before grabbing the sandwich and eating it enthusiastically. She wasn't sure if it was the best sandwich she'd ever had in her life or if her hunger only made it seem that way but one thing was for sure this wasn't cafeteria food, it was positively decadent and when it was gone she wished she'd taken the time to savor it more.

The bell rang for school and reluctantly she pulled herself from the bench, she hated the classes after lunch. Other than Mr. Reynolds class none of them interested her and it was just more time for Missy and her friends to torment her but it was still better than being at home.

She walked to Mr. Reynolds English class and took up her normal seat in the back of the room, Missy skipped in happily. She was wearing her cheerleading outfit which made no sense to Belle, they didn't have practice today. Was it a rule that you had to periodically live in those outfits?

"So, I saw something interesting today." Missy said loudly.

Belle rolled her eyes even as the rest of the class instantly turned their attention to Missy, as if the next words she spoke would be the secret to life and success its self. Belle lifted her book tuning out the chatter.

"What?" Valerie asked, one of Missys favorite croons.

"Mr. Reynolds was eating lunch....with a student," Missy said.

"No way! Who was she?" Someone asked.

"Why, little miss Whitley."

Everyone in the class room turned in their seats to stare at Belle and she swallowed passed the lump in her throat. A sense of panic flooded her but she pushed it aside and calmly set her book down.

"He wasn't having lunch with me, I asked him about a paper."

"Really? Like you've ever needed help on an English paper." Missy said.

"I just had a question, that's all."

"Well, I'm sure it probably was nothing. After all Mr. Reynolds could have any girl in this school, why would he risk getting fired for you?" Missy said.

While she kept her tone light and airy there was no hiding the sharp remark, Belle shrugged and pushed down the sting of hurt. Missy was right, why would he risk anything for someone like her?

"Exactly," Belle said.

Missy shot Belle a cold grin then turned around just as Mr. Reynold walked in the door. He seemed slightly off balance as he all but stumbled in the door just as the last bell rang. He tossed his briefcase on the desk then turned to his students.

When his gaze met Belle's she looked away.

"Let's start by reading chapter six, Valerie will you begin?" He asked.

The rest of the class passed in almost a blur, they read their book and then Mr. Reynolds gave them a pop quiz. Sitting behind Missy it was impossible for Belle not to see her lean over and whisper several times in Valeries ear, Valerie would then turn to Belle and then try to stifle a giggle before whispering back.

When the results of the test cam back and Belle got a 100% the whispers all but doubled and spread to the rest of the class room. Mr. Reynolds looked up once and would glance at his students almost confused then order them to settle down.

When the final Belle rang signaling the end of the day the other students ricocheted from their seats and were gone, Belle tried to follow suit but was stopped by a warm hand on her arm.

"Miss Whitley, can you stay a minute?" Mr. Reynolds asked.

"Uhm, yes sir."

Missy passed the pair and whispered to Valerie who openly laughed and Belle felt her face flush a deep crimson color.

When everyone was gone he finally addressed her.

"Do you want to talk about all the whispering that seems to go on every time you're in the room?" He offered.

"No, sir."

"Would you like to tell me where the animosity towards you is coming from?"

"No, sir."

"Miss Whitley.....Belle....I want to help you. If you're having trouble fitting in I want to help."

"With all due respect sir, having trouble implies I want to fit in. I don't much care too, the year is almost over and I can make it." She said, staring at the floor.

"Very well then, you're dismissed."

"Thank you," She turned and hurried for the door.

She stopped just inches from the doorway and took a deep breath, she was being rude and she realized that now and there was no excuse. She forced herself to turn around and look at him.

"Thank you, for lunch."

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Sharing lunch with a student is against regulations."

She stood there a minute before realizing that he was giving her an easy out, she smiled softly at him.

"Thanks Mr. Reynolds."

"You're welcome, Miss Whitley."

He smiled at her and she felt her heart skip a beat, she turned and clutching her books to her chest hurried to her next class.

AuthorNote: After much debate I have decided to enter some stories in the wattys2016, so if you haven't read them yet give them a read, share, vote and help me get them noticed. I am submitting three books and I appreciate every read and vote I've gotten so far and I hope together we can get one noticed. I've submitted, Robin of the forest, Lone wolf and Damaged lace. I may enter this one later as well. For now check out those three and help get them trending.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6M 366K 65
★★★TOP 5 WATTPAD ROMANCE NOVEL (reached #5)!★★★ When Sera's new art teacher mistakes her for a model and demands that she strip naked, sparks start t...
506K 10.6K 37
(Completed and being spellchecked) A student and a sexy gym teacher. 5 year difference, forbidden love, and a good girl bad boy story. Rose doesn't k...
12.2M 63.6K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. •A Student x Teacher Roman...
14.2K 861 30
Brie- 19 years old. She is a student at the University of Nebraska. She's the girl next door down home farm girl. She has never thought herself to be...