In My Possession

By Icouldrapthat

Cammie attends a school that's famous for being the place that the son's come to pick their new queen. Who ar... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Life before
Chapter 2- Preperation
Chapter 3 You've got to be kidding me
Chapter 4- Take Jean!
Chapter 5- Are you pregnant?!
Chapter 6-Stop it Woman!
Chapter 7-When Does the Seduction Start?
Chapter 8-Peering Into My Soul
Chapter 9- Hi, I'm an Idiot
Chapter 10- Stories
Chapter 11- Pants Queen
Chapter 12-Testing, Part 1
Chapter 12-Testing, Part 2
Chapter 13-How long is a fortnight?
Chapter 15- The Game has changed
Chapter 16- The Engagement Gift
Chapter 17- That Sweater Is Not Your Color
Chapter 18-I stole your Shampoo
Chapter 19- Short Cut
Chapter 20-Ice Prince
Chapter 21-Fire
Chapter 22- It;s no big but I'm talking to a Snake
Chapter 23-My precious.....
Chapter 24-My Exquisite Embarassment
Chapter 25-Doing the Right Thing
Chapter 26-Someone Made A Deal with The Devil
Chapter 27-Nathan's childhood
Chapter 28-Confinment
Chapter 29-That Voice Inside My Head
Chapter 30-The Day of Choosing
Epilogue

Chapter 24-My Counterpart

39.7K 495 7
By Icouldrapthat

Note: I live in America under a constitutional government therefore I know nothing about the workings of a parliment system. I ended up making up positions because there were so many dang secretaries in the cabinent and How can Cammie really be expected to remember all that?

"Who does Howard report to once a week?"

 "The House of commons." I responded automatically. Caleb smiled at me and showed me the answer which I had gotten.

 "Good, you're doing better! Now what are the positions in the cabinet and who is currently holding them?" I bit my lip trying to remember what I had learned yesterday.

 "Theres the Cabinent Secretary, Alfred Hill. The Secretary of Defense, Thomas Wilkins. The Secretary of State, Brian Maddox. The Secretary of Health and Education, Maxime Fords. The Secretary of Commerce, Camden Womeldorf. The Deputy Prime Minister, Rachel Doanes. And then the Secretary of Foreign Affairs who used to be Joseph Brown but the Queen replaced him with Lillian something." I said triumphantly, leaning back in my chair. I felt I had reason to be proud of myself.

 "Nearly perfect you just mixed up the secretary of Commerce and state and the Secretary of Foreign affairs name is Lillian Demartile not Lillian something." Caleb lectured taking out the cabinent list and showing me my mistakes. I groaned.

 "I'm never going remember all this. Can I really be expected to learn in a year what's taken you ten years to learn?" I complained, playing with the corner of my book. Caleb put the list away.

 "Well I think they are under the impression that all students learn the structure of our government in highschool. But no, they don't expect you to be an expert." He spoke carefully now. "It will be the next King's responsibility to slowly integrate you into the system. You won't have to make too many decision for the next couple years. Then, you and the King will make decisions together. What's important right now is memorizing all the important political figures so you can greet them at your coronation and to establish a base for your learning.

"Oh, gosh coronation." I mumbled grimacing. 

"Yes and you're probably going to have to wear a huge gown and a princess hat." He teased. I shoved his arm but laughed.

"It's all just pomp and frill." He said more seriously. "Both you and...the king will have aincent ornate crowns put on by a priest and the king will presented with the Orb of truth-supposedly owned by THe founding King Gregory-and you will be presented with the Quenn's sword which you've already used for your testing."

It seemed odd that a sword would be used in a coronation ceremony, seemed a little foreboding. And I really had had enough of it. Though, I thought, I had technically never really used it since I didn't kill the snake. The snake! Could my ability to talk to snakes be connected to it? A gift perhaps or side effect of not killing it. I had to go see it.

"Speaking of my testing, do you know whatever happened to the snake?"  

"I think they made a sort of cage for it in the cave, I actually overheard one of the gaurds complaining because it eats an entire pig a day. Why?" I started gathering up all my stuff, shoving it into my bag and slinging it over to my shoulder.

"Nothing, Anyways thanks for helping me lately, We'll meet same time tommorrow?" I called as I jogged out of the room.

"Wait, Cammie?" I heard him yell but I kept jogging, I had more important things to do then explain my eccentricities to Caleb.

I ran all the way down the stairs and out through the castle doors before remembering we had driven to the testig feild where the cave was. I waved at a the ever present driver who promptly opened the door for me, allowing me to slide in without pausing.

"Can you take me to the testing field?" I asked breathlessly as soon as He sat down. 

"Of course, your majesty." I paused not used to the title. Only a couple of servants called me 'your majesty' the rest saying miss, cambrea, or as my teachers liked to call me, lazy child. The drive was short, letting me catch my breath wihtouth making me feel too impatient.

"Would your majesty like me to wait for your return?" The driver asked as he opened my door. (I would have opened it myself but I think he put me on child lock) 

"Yes Please." I responded, already jogging towars the dark cave in the distance and the familiar slab of stone where the sword used to reside.

As I got closer I could see the great metal bars that had been placed over the mouth of the cave with a number of gaurds surrounding it. I slowed down and the gaurds saluted me as I approached.

"Good Afternoon miss, is there anything we can do to assist you?" Asked the gaurd who seemed to be in charge. 

"Uh, yes. I'd like to visit the snake." The gaurds eyebrows rose farther than I imagined they could go. 

"No offense intended miss, but I don't think that's best." I stuck out my chin. 

"I said I'd like to visit the snake." I said coldly. I hated being told what I couldn't do, like I was too weak to handle things.

"Of course miss, my apologies. Open up the first door." He called to another soldier, he led me closer to the mouth of the cave and I saw there was a second wall of metal bars, farther ito the cave, a large hose and various bins rested there, suspiciously red.  

"We use this second entrance to feed her, she usually stays farther back in there but she'll approach fi she thinks you're bringing food." He explained as the first door was opened. 

"Would you like me to accompany you?" 

"No thanks. Actually could you all stand about ten feer farther away?" I didn't want them to overhear me talking ot them and spread rumors. 

"But if the beast escapes-you need us for safety." He siad, clearly flustered by my requests. 

"I'm sure I'll be fine now if you don't mind." I gestured for him to leave and he did so with a small bow, leading his gaurds farther away from the entrance.

A lantern hung stood to one side and I reached down to grab it, turning it on. I slowly stood up holding the light beyond the bars. All I could see at first was gray rock, stretching on into the dark. A couple stalagtites hung from the ceiling like chandeliers though it looked like some were broken away in the middle. Suddenly a dark smudge started moving in the back of the cage, spreading closer to me, causing me to step back in fright. 

"Hello?" I whispered shakily, remembering how large the snake really was. It slowly took form, a pair of dark yellow eyes paralyzing me with fear as they stared me down. It's long black body slithered closer, until all I could see was scales.

Sssso My Missstressss returnsss

It's voice was different from the python at the zoon, colder, more harsh with an aincent sound. It took me a couple seconds to talk.

"Why am I able to talk to snakes?" 

Emily hassss alwayssss beeeen able to ssspeak to usss ssssince shee made the deal with Anguisss, the Original sssnake.

"But I'm not Emily. I'm just a descendent, my name is Cammie." It made a sort of choking sound which I figured was laughter.

You ssstill know nothhhing. 

"I know you're just a sneaky reptile who knows nothing about me." I responded angrily, raising the light higher. The snake didn't flinch in the light.

I am yourrrr counterpart. I mussst thank you for not killlllling me. 

"You're welcome." I said dryly. "And What do you mean by counterpart?"

Assssk the one beffffore you.

"The Queen?" The snake didn't say anything just turned back around, sliding back into the cave, breaking rock in her path.

Ssso foooolish

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 178 39
Sabrina just moved to a new city and doesn't have any friends. This nerdy dancer might have a surprise waiting for her when the teacher assigns a par...
4.9K 133 13
Y/N's new school year has started at the magic school Alfea. She is going to find out lot of new things about herself and her life is going to change...
46 10 8
When Aurora Wilder is selected to compete in Prince Thomas's Selection, the competition to win his heart (and the crown), it's fitting. She's despera...
94.2K 5.6K 42
A struggling graduate student, New, couldn't escape the offer given by Tay, a popular and rich model, when he found out New's dirty little secret.