Save Me

By cummccann

completed: 6/20/17 COVER BY THE AMAZING: blushingbieber More

a 150 foot drop
a third grade teacher
a favor
a little bit of patience
a little laugh
a special man
a mistake
a really good kisser
a lovely evening
a possibility
a little hard to deal with
a reassuring smile
a tall blonde girl
a normal day
a strange feeling
a different way
a little baby
a way to find her
a bowl of ice cream
a hospital visit
a look of anger
a goodbye

a full-time job

10K 421 272
By cummccann

Camila

"You know, if your mom finds out that I fed you pizza I might get in a bit of trouble," I said as I took another bit of my slice.

Justin smiled as he stuffed his face with another slice. We were sitting on the floor in front of the tv with a large box of pizza in front of us.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked.

Justin looked up at me with chubby cheeks filled with pizza then he nodded.

"Soda?" I asked.

He rapidly nodded before I walked over to the fridge to grab whatever can of soda there was. I brought it back and opened it for him then handed it to him. He took a long sip from it before placing it down.

"M-momma n-n-never l-lets me... so-soda," he said.

"She never lets you drink soda?" I asked.

"N-n-no," he answered.

"Maybe it's because it's unhealthy for you and she wans you to be healthy," I said.

He shrugged and continued eating. He was adorable; it was hard not to smile when you looked at him.

After we finished eating, I threw the pizza box away and sat back down next to Justin as we started watching another one of his favorites, Monsters inc.

He watched in awe and when boo showed up in front of Sully he gasped.

Justin rested his head on my shoulder and I could feel his soft hair rubbing against the skin of my neck ever so gently. I rested my head on top of his.

Within a few minutes his weight had shifted into me. Most of his body was resting against my side and when I tapped on his shoulder he wouldn't respond. He was peacefully sleeping. I leaned back until he was fully resting against my chest.

Guess we'll have to sleep on the floor tonight.

A few hours later

"C-c-Camila..."

Soft whispers woke up me. The instant I opened my eyes I saw Justin's face as he tried shaking me to wake me up.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We f-f-fell as-s-sleep," he stuttered.

"I know," I said, "now that you're away we should get you to bed."

"O-okay."

I got up still half asleep with him following behind me as we walked into his bedroom. He grabbed his pj's and started taking his jeans off. I yawned as I sat on his bed waiting for him to finish. Once he had his pants on I helped him with his shirt.

"Ready to brush your teeth?" I asked.

He nodded before we started walking towards the bathroom. I put toothpaste on his toothbrush then handed it to him and watched as he slowly and carefully brushed his teeth. I rested my head against the doorframe and my eyes kept slowly trying to shut back up.

Once he was done we walked back to his bed. He got into bed amd looked up at me.

"Okay, good night, sleep tight," I said as I started turning around.

"W-wait."

"Hmm?"

He patted the spot next to him.

"I really shouldn't," I started, "I need to sleep in my room you know? Oh what the heck!"

I slid my sweater off and took my shoes off before slidding into his bed next to him. I reached for the light and turned it off. The instant my head hit the pillow my eyes started closing up again.

"G-g-goodnight c-cam," he whispered.

The light from the hallway was still on and since the door was still open it let a little bit of light inside so I could still see him. He smiled as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Night Justin," I whispered as I placed a kiss on his forehead.

: :

I woke up early the next morning to I start packing up my bathroom utilities. After I had packed up I placed my bag near the door and as I walked back to Justin's room I saw him walking towards me.

"Ready for breakfast?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded.

"Teeth first," I said.

He brushed his teeth and walked back to the kitchen with me.

"Cereal?" I asked.

He quickly nodded and I showed him two boxes: fruitloops and lucky charms. He ended up picking lucky charms.

"When I was in college I always are lucky charms but I would pick out the marshmallows and only eat those," I said.

He laughed, "Th-th-they're the b-best."

I smiled, "It seems like everyday you just keep on talking more and more. It's great."

He looked down at his bowl and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. We were sitting next to each other and everytime I looked up at him it felt like we were only centimeters away. His eyes stared at my lips and I knew what he wanted. I bet he's never gotten his first kiss.

As I felt myself getting closer I pulled away trying not to get caught up in the moment. "Your mom is probably going to be here any moment," I said.

He looked down at his hands in his lap as he calmly rockled back and forth.

"You done?" I asked.

He slowly nodded.

I picked up his bowl taking it with me to the sink so I could wash it. I walked back with him to his room where he pulled a puzzle out from under his bed and started trying to put it together. It was 500 pieces and he was starting from scratch.

I sat on his bed watching. Fifteen minutes later Pattie was opening the from door. From the time that we came into the room to the time that Pattie opened the front door, Justin had gotten more than half of the puzzle done.

I slowly got up and walked over to the front door to see Pattie struggling to get her luggage inside. It seemed like she came with more than she actually left with.

"Hi Camila," she said.

"Hi Pattie. Need some help?" I asked.

"Could you lock my car? I left it unlocked the keys are in my pocket," she said.

"Sure," I said. I took the keys from her pocket and walked outside to lock her car. I walked back inside and placed her keys on the counter.

"How'd it go? How was he? I hope he wasn't too much trouble," she said.

"He was great, no trouble at all," I said.

"Good, is he in his room?" She said throwing everything off to the side.

"Yeah," I said.

She walked over to the room and I could hear an excited Justin greeting her. After a couple of minutes she came back out.

"Okay so," she looked through her purse before pulling an envelope out and handing it to me, "here's what I owe you."

"Thank you," I said looking into the envelope, "isn't this a lot?"

"It's what I pay the usual nurse plus a little more for doing overnight," she said.

"Well thank you," I said.

"No thank you for taking care of him. Do you want to say goodbye to him?" She asked.

"Sure," I said walking back to his room. I stood by the door watching him until he noticed me.

"Hi," he said, "m-m-mommy's back."

"Yeah, I can tell you're really happy," I said. He nodded as I walked closer to him sitting on the edge of his bed, "Well I have to go. But I'll see you around okay?"

"Y-you ha-have to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, because now you don't need me to take care of you since your mom is back," I explained.

"Don't go," he said sitting up and wrapping his arms around me, embracing me in a warm hug

"Aww I know but hey, I'll see you soon, we'll still see each other around," I said as I rubbed his back.

"O-okay," he said letting go.

"Take care of yourself okay?"

"Mmhmm."

I kissed his cheek as I got up and walked out. I passed by Pattie, "Your son is amazing."

"Thank you," she said giving me a smile, "we're the plans easy to follow?"

"Yup, it was easy peasy," I said.

"Okay, thank you so much once again," she said giving me a hug.

"Anytime," I said.

I picked up my bag and left. Once I unlocked my car I threw my bag in the bag before getting in the driver's seat and driving away. I was excited to see my Xavier more than anything.

As soon as I got home I called out for him. Maybe he was at work already but he doesn't work on a fixed schedule so maybe he was still home.

"Cammy?" He asked coming out from the laundry room.

"Xavier!" I yelled running up to him and jumping on him.

"I missed you baby," he said as he pressed his lips against mine.

"So did I!" I said attacking him with kisses.

He carried me towards the couch and I instantly knew where this was going. He placed me down as his hands crept down to the bottom of my shirt before slowly pulling it up.

: :

I was having lunch with my best friend Lauren today and she wasn't very fond of the idea of getting married to Xavier. From day one she tried pointing out his flaws, most would say she was trying to break us up but to me, she just didn't think that I should get married as such a young age. (Or she is totally Camren af and that's why she doesn't want you getting married. My harmonizers where you at?)

It was now Tuesday but every couple of minutes Justin would pop into my head out of no where and I'd just sit there thinking about him.

My phone suddenly rang knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Pattie. I know this sounds like a lot but I'm in need and you seem to do great. Would you be willing to take on a full time job and be Justin's nurse for a couple of months? It's only until his old nurse from Canada comes back," she asked.

"Well if love to but I'm not sure I could, se my fiancé doesn't like me to be away for too long," I explained.

"That won't be a problem, you'll only have to take care of him from around 6 to 7," she insisted.

"Okay... Sure... I'll do it," I said.

"Great! Could you start tomorrow? I'll just need to go over some things with you in the morning," she said.

"Yeah sure," I said.

"Okay, thank you so much!"

"No problem, see you tomorrow," I slowly said.

"Bye-bye," she said.

I hung up the phone. What am I getting myself into? I know for a fact if I spend any more time with that boy I'll commit a sin.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I must be dreaming. So I pinched myself. It hurt. This is really happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.6K 32
𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 ↪︎𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘻𝘪𝘭𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘹 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘤 𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲: @𝐛𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲...
290K 11.2K 21
by iamjourneygrace
41.4K 1.4K 52
| highest rank - #8 out of #50 • 23rd Oct | In which a bad boy fell in love with the good girl. And when things started to fall apart, neither of th...
21.8K 724 11
"I like control, you hate it. Why not take advantage?" |Jason McCann| (I don't take credit for the image used in the cover, all credit goes to the ri...