Her Lost Identity

By northless

NOTE: This story is terribly written, and editing couldn't even save it, so I don't really suggest anyone rea... More

Her Lost Identity
Her Lost Identity [1] ~ Schools out!
Her Lost Identity [2] ~ Look who's back in town...
Her Lost Identity [3] ~ Introducing Lilian
Her Lost Identity [4] ~ Ohio sucks!
Her Lost Identity [5] ~ The Bloody Hounds
Her Lost Identity [6] ~ Banana-Mc-Berry
Her Lost Identity [7] ~ Full-frontal Kissing
Her Lost Identity [8] ~ Cheat
Her Lost Identity [9] ~ Lunch from Hell
Her Lost Identity [10] ~ Masterpiece of Me
Her Lost Identity [11] ~ Twinkle, Twinkle
Her Lost Identity [12] ~ Big News
Her Lost Identity [14] ~ Cold Feet
Her Lost Identity [15] ~ Déjà Vu
Her Lost Identity [16] ~ Don't give a Damn
Her Lost Identity [17] ~ The Record Store
Her Lost Identity [18] ~ A Rainy Night
Her Lost Identity [19] ~ To Love and to be Loved
Her Lost Identity [20] ~ What ifs
Her Lost Identity [21] ~ Inescapable Sorrow
Her Lost Identity [22] ~ Reminiscing of Old Times
Her Lost Identity [23] ~ Hospital Coffee
Her Lost Identity [24] ~ Thunder Storm
Her Lost Identity [25] ~ Waking up to Reality
Her Lost Identity [26] ~ Scary Thoughts
Her Lost Identity [27] ~ Party Pooper

Her Lost Identity [13] ~ Morning Breath

3.6K 34 12
By northless

... dedicated to LanieRach for her awesome cover. I'm not sure if I've already dedicated you so, here you go!(:

A/N: Early upload! Please don't be a ghost reader. Show some love by commenting :)

Chapter 13

I woke up in the arms of Nathan, smiling to myself of the thought of it. Last night was perfect. Nothing really happened but it made me feel good. I couldn’t help but think about Kevin, though. What if he got arrested whilst I was over here in Ohio? What then? I snapped out of thoughts as Nathan moved. I turned to face him; he looked beautiful in the morning. His hair was a mess but he still looked incredibly sexy. He smiled at me and leaned in for a kiss. I put my hand over his lips and pushed him away. He gave me a confused look but I just giggled. I hoped out of bed turned to face him.

“Morning breath,” I whispered, causing him to chuckle.

“Anyone told you how cute you are?” he asked, not smirking, but smiling at me. It only caused me to giggle, the fact that he thought I was cute made me blush.

I hurried out of the room and made my way to the bathroom. There I stood, looking in front of the mirror. My hair looked a mess, yet Nathan thought I was cute. I smiled to myself at the thought. I picked up my toothbrush and ran it under the tap for a few seconds before putting paste on to it. As I brushed my teeth, I remembered my mum. I hoped and hoped she was okay. I rinsed my mouth and positioned the toothbrush back in to the cup with my mums. I grabbed my hair brush and fixed my hair so I looked less like a male lion.

As I was walking through the hallway, I decided to check on my mum. The door was still slightly ajar from last night. I peered inside to see that she, my mum, was fast asleep. With that, I quietly walked over to my room. Nathan stood up with his jeans on. I walked over to him and frowned.

“You’re leaving?” I asked. I really didn’t want him to leave.

“Yeah, I am. Sorry. The gig is today, I have to go home, shower and practice,” he informed me, pulling me in to a hug. I peered up at his face and pouted.

“Please stay,” I begged. He gave me a sorry look and planted a kiss on my lips.

“Only for ten minutes,” he told me as he dropping on to my bed and pulling me on to his lap.

Ten minutes wasn’t long but I understood that he had to leave. I just had to enjoy the time that I had. I pressed my lips on to his, only it was me biting his lip this time. All he did was laugh. I explored his mouth with my tongue, he tasted sweet. The taste was unfamiliar but I surely liked it. How was his breath not bad? I pulled away from his lips, gasping for air. He wasn’t out of breath at all. I felt so inexperienced.

“You’re so cute,” he told me, which only got me angry. I was making out with him and he called me cute? How about hot or sexy? I decided to spice it up a notch. I kissed his neck, going further up until I reached behind his ear, kissing it repeatedly. I sucked on his soft skin all over his neck. He moaned in pleasure as I did so. I pulled off of him, looking at the piece of art on his neck and behind his ear. Hickeys were everywhere. I smiled seductively as he looked like a puppy begging for more. I shook my head. I wasn’t that easy.

“So you’re just going to leave me hanging?” he asked. I nodded mischievously. A smirk grew on his lips before he picked me up and plopped me on my bed. A smile played on my face as his head came down to kiss me some more. Before he did, I heard the door open. Oops.

“Nate, is that you?” Mum asked as she walked up to us. Nathan jumped up and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Uh, yes Mrs. Rose,” Nathan confirmed. How awkward could this get? “I was just leaving.”

“Bye,” I waved, now sat up in my bed. I looked over to my mum who happened to be looking at me. Nathan left the room and shut the door behind him.

“He didn’t stay the night, did he?” she asked me, hands on hips. “And, you know...”

“He did... but it’s not what it looks like! Honest. Nothing happened,” I told her, honestly. She raised an eyebrow at me. “I was upset yesterday and told him to come over. I didn’t think you would mind, I used to stay at his house sometimes.”

“Yeah, you were eleven. Also, you were just friends...” she told me, looking disappointed. “And that didn’t look to me like you’re ‘just friends’.”

“I know it looks bad... but nothing really did happen yesterday,” I assured her, looking her in the eyes. “I really like him, mum.”

“Sweetheart, I believe you. It’s just, I don’t think you two should date...” she told me with a sigh. “Don’t get me wrong, Nathan’s a great guy... It’s just; you’ll have to leave him behind. Are you sure you can do that?”

I looked down and my lap. I hadn’t really thought about that. After this holiday, I’d have to go back to California and leave him behind. I don’t think I could cope... My mum pulled me in to a hug, comforting me at her best. After moments, I pulled away.

“Mum, I’m gonna freshen up,” I told her, trying to convince her I was okay. She nodded and smiled before walking toward my door. I picked up my cell from under my pillow. It read: One New Message – Nate. I opened it up.

‘Are you okay? Sorry I sped off like that... I didn’t want it any more awkward than it was. The gig’s tonight, I’ll pick u up at 5. Love you. -Nate x’

I smiled at the end of the text. He loved me. I loved him back. At least, I think I do. Then I felt my heart tear as I remembered I’d have to leave this behind. But then, I decided to take advantage of the time we had. In reply to Nathan’s text, I said,

‘I’m fine. And don’t worry, Nate. My mum likes u. I’ll b ready, don’t be late. Love you 2. –Lilian x’

I thought to use the name Cassie in the text back, but it may be weird for him. I’ve not replied to a text with –Lilian before. When I was known as Lilian, I didn’t have a cell. I decided to text Jess, as she did say she would come over today. Plus, we both needed outfits for this gig tonight. She replied back right away, telling me she was on her way.

***

“It’s perfect!” Jess squealed as she looked at me. I was wearing a pair of black denim shiny leggings with a peach-pink top that flowed freely over me. Jess paired the outfit with a pair of peach-pink flats. I wasn’t too keen on the outfit.

“Why can’t I just wear a dress?” I whined to Jess.

“Have you ever been to a gig?” I shook my head. “You don’t wear dresses to gigs, okay?”

I decided to go with Jess’ idea, seeing as she was the one that has actually been to a gig before. I was just so nervous! What if Nathan thought my outfit looked bad? What then? I pulled off everything I was wearing and handed them to Jess. With her clothes too, she bought mine to the cashier as I got changed back in to my clothes. In the changing room, there was a mirror. I studied my thin body in my mirror. I had a hickey on my neck which I do not recall happening. Maybe I was too tired to remember. I smiled at the fact that what happened, happened. It may not match up to Jess’ night to Jake’s but it was all I needed. Plus, I’m not ready to go any further.

Once I put all my clothes on, I picked up my purse and walked out to see Jess with two bags. I would have sworn that when we came in, the queue was huge.

“Being hot has its advantages,” Jess said with a wink. She handed a bag to me and we left the shop. She looked back over to me, she looked surprised. “Is that... Is that a hickey?”

“I burnt my neck with the hair curlers this morning.” I said looking away, hoping she wouldn’t catch on to my straight hair.

“You little liar!” she almost yelled. “Who’s the lucky guy?”

“Nothing happened, but it was Nate,” I told her, casually. Even though, I know, I was taken aback by it too.

“Oh, yeah right.”

I checked the time, it was four o’clock already. Jess and I had been in almost every shop there was in Ohio. We got a taxi back home to my place. Once we got there, we had showers and prettied ourselves up. Jess did my hair and makeup, nothing too fancy though. ‘It’s just a gig’ she would remind me. I brought up the ‘Jake’ subject too. She said she slept with him last night. I wasn’t bothered at all; it’s been days since she met him. That’s her personal record. Plus, I was far too up in the clouds to have any worries about her love life. All I could think about was Nathan and how beautiful he looked in the morning.

We were ready by a minute to five, all gussied up. I heard a knock on the door, that must be him, I thought. Jess and I both trudged down stairs and out the door where Nathan stood. He planted a kiss on my lips which caused me to blush. He was oblivious to Jess who stood right beside me until she coughed, signalling she was here too. Nathan pulled away from me and looked to Jess and grinned awkwardly. He beckoned us to his car. Jess sat at the back and I sat in the passenger’s seat.

“Why is it so early? The gigs I’ve been to have been later than this,” Jess said. I could hear the sound of her texting, probably texting Jake.

“I have to be there early. The rest of the band will be, too. It’s the only time I could bring you, so you guys can hang out back stage,” he told us both with one hand on the wheel. I peered over to Jess to make sure she wasn’t looking. I stretched out of my seat and pecked Nathan on the cheek. I quickly sat back in my seat, making sure Jess hadn’t seen. Nathan shook his head as he chuckled.

***

“Good luck, Nate,” I told Nate, messing his hair up a little with my hand.

“Hey!” he half laughed, half yelled. He patted it back down with his hand. “Don’t mess up my hair.”

“Your morning hair looks much sexier,” I told him, messing up his hair again. This time, he left it as it was.

“Well, in that case...” he messed up his hair some more which caused me to laugh. My laughter was muted by Nathan pressing his lips on to mine. I heard the boys from the band wolf whistling and cheering him on. I would be mad, but I couldn’t be, not with him. He pulled away from me as I was left gasping for air. I really needed to get a hang of this.

“Break a leg,” I told him as he walked on to the stage. I was left standing by Jess, who I could tell was staring at me.

“Please tell me, did you guys have sex last night?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. “I told you about Jake and me...”

“No, we didn’t. He stayed over, we kissed, and we hugged,” I told her sounding pretty proud of myself. “I’m not ready.”

“Oh, you’re so boring,” I ignored her comment as I saw the curtains reel open.

“Shush, they’re starting.”

------------------- COMMENT | VOTE | LIKE ---------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...
679 122 33
Change is inevitable. Even when you expect it, or when you least expect it... it turns your world upside down. *** Sasha Li. Senior in high school...
909 28 25
"Loving someone else that's easy, but loving myself that's the hard part." -------------------------------------- High school is hard enough with sch...
525K 24.8K 58
Rose and Jayden are very much different yet very much alike. They've always disliked each other, ever since they were kids. After years of fighting a...