The Epidemic - Book one

Από thestoryteller123

We stopped running and took cover behind a run down building. I turned to Cal and he was laughing. I knew one... Περισσότερα

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Eleven

68 8 0
Από thestoryteller123

Yasimine POV

" What was that ? " Jurdyn squeaked . We are down in the cellar of the School building . We have been hiding out here since the outbreak I don't know what's going on but people starting getting real sick in the dorms and I took Jurdyn and ran to the school building . We locked our selves in here . We watched people run around getting mauled by these things that were no longer human .

I've been looking after Jurdyn since I was twelve I think but I don't quiet remember . She's five and a half . And very smart for her age . It's not like the sisters don't look after her it's more like a big sister program here . Jurdyns so small she needs someone to look after her. I was left at this girls home fourteen years ago when I was three and a half . My mom lives in Toronto with her rich boyfriend . She never wanted children so when I was born she neglected me , she raised me until I was three and then she met her boyfriend and they decided to put me in a girls home . I haven't seen her since . And I know that Jurdyns parents are the same maybe that's why I protect her so much . I know how much it hurts to not have anyone there for you . Sure the nuns love us like we are their daughters but it's not the same as your real parents not when you've already met them . I have never met my father I don't even know his name or what he looks like .

I remember the day Jurdyn came her as a baby . I was a sneaky child then and I was listening in on their conversation in the head nuns office A.K.A sister Agnes . They were talking and they had a little carrier with them with a pink blanket over it . They said they didn't want any contact with the girl and that they already had enough on their hands with their son . They said she was a mistake that will never happen again . I watched Jurdyn since that day , sneaking into the nursery and playing with her telling her we could be sisters . When she was old enough I told her her parents were still alive when they brought her here . I just thought she should know so she won't go along thinking their dead or something . That's what the nuns teach the younger ones who came here when they were babies . I love her like my sister and would do anything for her . And with the events lately I've been testing that theory .

" Yasi ! " Jurdyn yelled , I quickly snapped out of my thoughts . And looked at the curly head girl , her dark green eyes filled with worry .

" I heard noises , I'm scared . " She said moving closer to me on the make shift bed of blankets .

" I know I want you stay here while I go see what's going on " I tell her . Grabbing the bat beside the bed .

" No , no you can't , let me come too ple- " She started but I cut her off .

" No , you stay here that's final I'll be back I promise . " I tell her pushing her back down on the bed . She nodded and hugged her legs to her chest and I began walking up the small narrow steps . I unlocked the door and opened it quietly , just a peek . I heard voices and opened it widely . Was it help ? I hope so because if not that means those things have learned to talk . Great .

I walked out the door and the bright sunlight from the windows hit my face . I walked into the foyer holding my bat up and right . Then I saw five people standing their staring at me . NO one moved . They looked a little beat up and ragged . I hope they aren't rapist or serial killers or something .

" W-who are you ?" A tall guy with the same color hair and eyes as Jurdyn stuttered he was holding a gun .

" I'm Yasimine , who are you ? "

" I'm Calvin and this is my crew we are looking for someone maybe you could help us . We won't hurt you so you can put the bat down . " He said scratching his brown curls . He was hot . I was still a little hesitant as I put it down .

" Who are you looking for ? Everyone else is gone or dead . " I replied .

" We are looking for someone named Jurdyn ? Wait um I have a picture ." He said digging in his pockets . The rest of the guys just watched . There are three Jurdyns in this school and I only know one is alive and here .

" Here it is ... Her " He said holding out a picture of a very familiar brown hair green eyed little girl . I gasped a little hopefully they didn't notice .

"So you have seen her ? " Damn . He did see my expression . What did they want with my Jurdyn ?

" Maybe , what do you want with her are you her brother ? "I asked him . The older looking guy with black hair sighed . They exchanged a brief look between them .

" Yes , I am her brother I've come to get her I've been looking for her for years and I'm so close I just want her safe with me " He said it was pretty convincing . He snapped his head up at me , well really looking behind me .

" Yasi ? What's going on ? " A little voice said behind me . God please help me why can't she follow simple directions for once ? What if those things were up here .

" Jurdyn , why can't you stay put I told you to stay in the basement . " I snapped at her but instantly felt bad about it . She looked at me with tears briming in her eyes.

" I just wanted to see if you were ok and then I heard voices and thought maybe one of the sisters had come back . " She whimpered . I grabbed her and was about to hug her but someone's voice interrupted me .

" So , she is here ? " Calvin asked sounding a little irritated.

" Yes , she's here " I said

" Give her to us ." The older guy said holding his arm out . Jurdyn screamed when he took a step toward her to try and grab her .

" I'm not giving her to you stupid man . How do I know your not going to hurt her . " I said picking up Jurdyn. She clung her self to my neck .

" Look we don't have time for this we should just knock her out and come on we have to get back to camp ." The older one said rolling his eyes .

" Look , we have a safe camp you guys can stay at , it's back in D.C if you guys come with us our helicopter can come and get us so we can leave . " A dark haired tall boy with glasses with tape holding them together said . He looked my age , younger than Calvin . The rest of the group gave him weird looks I stayed silent .

" Look you can stay silent or we could choose for you , either you come with us freely or we knock both of you out and take you with us " The boy with glasses said . I shifted Jurdyn on my hip and nodded my head . I didn't really have choice seeing as they had guns and there were five of them . The other two stood quietly not even saying anything .

" Good come on , The docter is going to call us in an hour to see if we found her . Then I'll tell him to send the helicopter over . In the mean time when was the last time you girls ate ? " He said looking at us . It has been a while I mean I was scared at first to come up here because I thought those things would get me . But after two days it was hard to ignore the constant snarls of hunger in Jurdyn and mine stomachs . I had to venture out and grab something . It's been one day since we last ate and my stomach was already growling .

" What's your name ? " I asked him as we walked into the kitchen . I was still holding Jurdyn .

" My name is Tommy and that is Saint , Javon and Sammy . " He said pointing to the guys . I placed Jurdyn on the counter prying her arms from my neck . I had to reassure they weren't going to harm her . Tommy had gone and looked around a couple of cabinets and found some pans . Calvin looked on the pantry shelves picking cans and boxed things out . Saint , Javon and Sammy sat at the islands talking amongst themselves .

" How old are you ? " Tommy asked as he poured something into a pot and turned the burner on .

" I'll be eighteen in four days " I told him .

" How old are you ? " I asked back .

" I'm over eighteen , that's all you need to know . " He said calmly.

" Is she hungry ? " He asked gesturing towards Jurdyn who was playing with some spoons .

" Yeah , we haven't eaten in a day I think . " I say to him , he just nods .

" What happened here , I mean did everyone else evacuate ? " He asked stirring the pot , while Calvin handed him things quietly .

" Well , it started in the dorms on the east side and the kids were going crazy . They were hissing and running at the sisters . They bit one and that's when I took Jurdyn and we ran to the school house and hid . And now here we are and you've found us . We never knew that there was an evacuation . " I said brushing some lint out of Jurdyn's hair . If we knew about and evacuation maybe we would be safe .

" You mean you've been in here the hole time you haven't been outside ? " He questions with a raised eyebrow . He exchanges a look with Calvin .

" Nope , I've only ever came upstairs for food twice . "

" It's madness out there this hole town is in shambles . There are things running around biting people and eating them . You are going to need to be on high alert when we get out of here ok ? " Calvin says suddenly . I nod my head . But Jurdyn whines and I know that she's scared . So am I . I have no idea what's going on .

" Here . Eat you guys look hungry . " Tommy says . Passing two bowls along the island towards me and Jurdyn . I took one of the spoons she was playing with and began to eat , watching Jurdyn as she ate slowly .

" What is this ? It's really good . " I say to him and he shrugs .

" Just some soup I threw together . " He said not even looking up .

" I want water " Jurdyn commanded . I raised an eyebrow at her .

" Please ? " She said and I nodded and walked to the sink and ran the tap . It sputtered before running . I then grabbed a glass from the cabinet. I got the water and gave it to Jurdyn . Who replied with a thank you .

" Where are you from ? " I asked Tommy , he didn't seem from around here , he had a bit of a accent .

" Umm , I lived in Texas but I was attending college in Newyork . " He sounded like he wanted to say more but didn't . Oh he is definitely hiding something .

" Where are you from ? " He said lifting a eyebrow .

" I'm from Atlanta Georgia . Which is where you are now if you don't know . I grew up in these very buildings I've been here since I was four . " I said in a shaky breath . I just realized that all of my friends and the sisters are probably dead . If it is as bad as they say . Where is the army and swat like in the movies ? Is there no help ? Tears threatened to fall from my eyes at that thought .

" Hey , it's going to be fine "Tommy said looking at my expression . He came around the counter and hugged me . I didn't know what to do , so I just put my arms around him .

" What's wrong Yasi ? " Jurdyn asked pullin her little eyebrows together .

" Nothing , I'm fine Jur , finish your food now before it gets cold . " I replied letting go of Tommy . I have to stay strong for Jurdyn . We don't have anybody but each other . Well if Calvin really is her brother then she has him but I don't really think so . Although they do look a lot alike but that doesn't mean nothing.

" Guys that was the Doc he is going to have the Helicopter meet us at a building that's about a fifteen minute walk if we don't run into any trouble , and knowing our luck we will . We would have been able to land here but all of the buildings are too pointy at the top and would not be stable enough for the. helicopter . " Saint says walking into the room I didn't even notice he ran off .

" Okay well let's go , the sooner we get to the helicopter the sooner we can get back. " Calvin said clapping his hands .

" Yasi - Here your going to need this ." Tommy said pulling a gun from the back of his belt . I looked at it . What was this for ? Did he really think i was killing an infected ? He looked at me looking at the gun .

" Look your going to need it I promise I won't let anything happen to you or her but just incase something does happen your going to need this . " He said .

" I've never shot before . How does it work ? " I asked taking it in my hand . It was heavy at least three pounds . He stood behind me and placed his hands on top of mine . With me leaning a little on his chest . He moved the gun around showing me how it worked and how to shoot . But he didn't demonstrate that and I didn't really want him to .

...............................................................

Viv's POV

" Yes , we have been keeping Calvin hostage , we need his blood . All of you are going with us and if you choose not to we are going to kill you all in front of him . " He said simply . My mouth dropped open . I mean we already knew that but there has to be a reason as to why they are telling us this right ?

" Doctor , I hate to break it to you but we already knew you guys had something to do with his disappearance . We aren't dumb and we already know what Calvin can do . " Alex's mom spoke up . The doctors expression didn't change.

" Get anything you need cloths wise and pack it in on bag per person . We leave in the morning . " He said standing up from the arm chair he had been sitting in.

" But where are we going? " I asked shifting Gabe on my hip .

" Me and my team have come up with a plan .We are going back to ground zero to see if we can any information on this virus or plague . " He said giving me a cold stare .

" We leave in the morning . If you choose not to go we wil- "

" Okay we get it you will kill us , you don't have to remind us over and over . " Alex snapped . Her mother didn't say anything but Ray gave her a pleading look . She is frustrated and so is the rest of the group . Now we were going on some trip ?

" Alright , we leave for Baltimore early tomorrow . " He said and walked him self out of the house closing the door behind him .

" We are going " My father said in the silence that had followed the doctors exit .

" Why ? " Mr. Smith asked .

" Because , one they have supplies and two where else are we going to go ? We can't just walk the streets , we have children and baby's with us . Maybe when the time is right , we can find some place safe . We have no other chooses guys " Alex's mom said looking at all of us. She had Annie on her hip . She is kinda right . But what if the government is out there setting up towns and stuff .

" Yeah but what if the government is setting up towns and stuff is back to normal somewhere ? " Roy asked for all of us that were standing there thinking it.

" We don't know for sure what's out there . For all we know this is taking over the world . The best bet we've got is to go with them then maybe see if there's anything out there . " I said and everyone turned their eyes to me . What ? I was never mute I could talk , just because I wasn't really talking for the last- what? Two weeks . I looked at them expectantly , finally they snapped out of there daze .

" Alright well let's get packing only clothes and one bag per person . I'll take Gabe and you can get your things . " Dad said reaching over and taking a whining Gabe from me . I walked upstairs to get the few shirts and pants that I claimed when I came here . The only pair of shoes I have are the ones on my feet . This will easily fit into my bag . I guess dad is getting Gabes things together .

....................................................................................................

Tommy's POV

" Alright , stay close . " I told Yasimine , she nodded and took hold of Jurdyn's little hand . I looked up at the sky , clouds are blocking out the sun it looks like it's about to storm. Though the humidity hasn't changed . We started the walk with Calvin in the lead and Saint beside him . Then Javon and Sammy . Then Jurdyn and Yasi and last but not least me in the back .

I watched Yasmine walk , her dark brown almost black hair was in two braids going down her back and blowing occasionally in the hot wind . Her skin was a dark chocolate . She had these enchanting hazel eyes . She had a boyish frame not to short but not taller than me . Her dirty skirt kept coming up due to the wind . We would have to get her and Jurdyn some clothes when we get back . Those school girl plaid skirts were too short , they needed something that covered their legs. An infected could easily bite and scratch their legs if it got close enough .

We walked in silence , until we got ambushed by seven infected .We immediately saw them . They are fast moving all over the place . I grabbed Yasi and pulled her along with Jurdyn behind me . Calvin , Saint and the others began shooting and taking them down . To my left I heard a scream and saw an infected biting Javon in the arm .

" Help , please ". He cried as the infected trampled him to the ground . Yasi made a move to help him but I held her back .

" We have to help him ! " She cried out . Trying to escape my grip . Jurdyn had grabbed the back of my leg .

" Yasimine he is gone there is nothing we can do but- " I was cut off by a gun shot .

" Will you two shut up and come on we have to meet the helicopter ! " Saint shouted as he reloaded his gun . He had just shot Javon in the head and the infected . Yasi had stopped struggling and just stood there . Jurdyn was crying rather loudly still griping onto my pants leg . Yasi ran over behind a tree and threw up . She walked back over and taking Jurdyns hand began walking behind Saint . I followed suit behind them holding my gun tightly .

I think Yasi is mad at me for not doing anything to help Javon . There was nothing I could do he was hurt - bitten which means if we had taken him with us he would have bitten others as well . She doesn't understand that because she has been cooped up in that building for the last couple of weeks . I hope they aren't to shook up . Jurdyn looked ready to drown in tears . She reminds me of my little sisters , god I miss them so much . I know they are ok and when I can I will try and find them . But for now I just need to survive . I hope Abigail's safe too even though we kinda broke up before. I had left for summer break . I had caught her with another guy in MY dorm . That was the last strike for me . First she was all kind and sweet but as weeks progressed she showed her true self and that wasn't a pretty sight . I only told Calvin that I was in love with her because I was a little jealous of him and Viv but that's just stupid now he's probably sad all the time like Viv because they aren't together .

I snapped out of my thoughts to take in my surroundings . We were now walking down a long street with never ending rows road houses that were rotting and boarded up . I think we are in a city . We walked until we heard the faint sound of a helicopter .

" Come on guys we are almost there ! " Saint said as we walked the last few meters . The helicopter was sitting on top of an old apartment building the front windows were boarded up and on the second floor there was a curtain blowing but no glass in those windows .

" Ok , it's up there now we just have to get up there " Saint yelled over the loud noise the helicopter was making . He shot the lock on the front door and we walked in slowly . I raised my gun . Just because we made it doesn't mean we are out of the woods yet .

As soon as you came in you were met with graffiti on the walls . You had to cover your noise because their was a horrid stench in here . It's burning my noise . We walked up a flight of stairs and ran into three dead bodies that had bugs crawling all over them . On the wall they wrote Repent , for its judgement day . We stepped over their bodies and took the next flight of stairs . We reached the roof , finally we are on our way home . That's when I noticed Sammy wasn't with us . I walked up a little the gravel crunching under my feet as we walked . I walked to Saint .

" Where's Sammy ? " I asked . He looked around as if he was hiding near by .

" Don't know I thought for sure he was behind us . He either got bitten or lost . To late now we are here . " He said shrugging . I really wanted to say wait ! let's go find him but I and the rest of get group knew that it was most likely impossible to find him now and we are so close to home .

We greeted the two helicopter drivers whose names are Adam and James . They loaded us and made sure we were all strapped in good . We went up and over the city . You could see the infected or people - you couldn't really tell because they were so small and we were so up high .

......................................................................................

" You guys can report back to your house for the night " Dr. Coles said waving us off . We got back here about two hours ago and the Dr. told us about the trip back to Baltimore and stuff we leave early tomorrow . Right now though all I want is to get some sleep. The adrenaline rush is leaving my body and in is place is exhaustion . We started towards the house. By we I mean Calvin and me . Yasimine had to stay with Jurdyn because she wouldn't corporate without her being there. Also Yasi refused to leave Jurdyn with "Stupid strangers " as she said .

We reached the front porch thing and knocked because they locked the door . Alice answered the door with a giggling Annie in her arms .

" Oh good you guys are back ! I swear you've grown a foot , and you Calvin need a little shave . " She said opening the door a little more . I chuckled Alice has unconsciously become like a mother figure to all of us. She acts as if everything it normal .

Everyone was seated in the living room playing games or reading. . They looked up at us surprised and some a little relieved . The first one to speak was Ellie .

" Cally ! I missed you , You better be staying or I gonna have a talk with you . " She said as Calvin picked her up . We all laughed she is an adorable ball of light and energy .

" Well I can assure you Miss Eleanora I will be here for a while . " He said putting her down .

" And guess what ? "

" What? " She asked excitedly .

" I've met a little girl just your age her names Jurdyn , you can meet her later . " He said and put her down . She jumped around excitedly.

" Now I ave someone to play wit " She said smiling then added .

" Cause Ryanne don want to play wit the " Baby's" . She said and Ryanne rolled her eyes and laughed .

" Well tell us about your trip " Mr.Smith said and we sat down and began .

.........................................................................................

Calvin's POV

" And now we are here " I said . We just finished telling them about my mission or trip or whatever . The little kids had been put to an early bed . We all were on the couches . Viv was cuddled up in my arms . It is getting late and I can tell she is tired .

" Well I'm glad your back , We all missed you guys . Even though we aren't blood related I feel like we all have a connection like were family ". Viv's Dad said .

" I don't really care what happens or where we go I just want all of us to stay together . " Alex said .

" Well I've had enough surviving for the day and I think I will head to bed now " Tommy said .

" Me too " Ray said giving Alex a kiss on the cheek and got up .

" Yeah I am tired " Roy said and followed Ray but didn't fail to hug Glenn. I've been noticing the guys and the girls have paired up while I was gone . Mr.Smith and Viv's dad went upstairs too . Alex and Glenn said they weren't going to bed just yet as they went upstairs . Alice said she was going to check on the little kids before retiring . Viv was barley awake beside me .

" I missed you " I said looking down at her sleepy face . She had her hair tamed back into a pony tail .

" I missed you too " She said snuggling deeper in my arm. I kissed her forehead and got up . I picked her up and carried upstairs . I knocked on the door first because I think she shares a room with the girls .

Alex opened the door giving me a smirk . Glenn sat in front of the mirror combing out her hair . She smiled at me through the mirror .

" You can put Snow White on the bed over there . " She said opening the door wider and nodding towards a large bed that could probably sleep five people . I put her one the bed and took her shoes off and pulled the covers back and tucked her in . I kissed her cheek and whispered good night .

" Awww!!" I turn around and am greeted with Alex and Glenn looking like they've saw puppies taking a nap.

" Hey guys , how's it going ? " I say sitting on the end of the bed.

" Nothing has really happened since you left " Glenn says shrugging .

" How has she been since I left "

" She wasn't too good at first but as the days past she started being herself again . But dude now that your back she'll definitely be happy . She really likes you "Alex said .

" And I like her - I'm in love with her . " I said honestly .

" That's good to hear , but just know if you break her heart or leave like that again I will break your face and manhood ." She said , Glenn backing her up .

" I promise I won't , I'll be heading off to the couch now " I told them and quickly left . I could hear them laughing quietly . I had to get out of there or I was at risk at losing something . I knew even though they were giggling they were. serious about what they said . Viv has some good friends .

I took the blanket and pillow Alice put out for me earlier and laid down on the longest couch .

I really have missed Viv . It's better to not really think about when your out running around or you won't be focused . I miss her kiss and smile . And now that I'm here and hopefully I will get to stay I can really get to be my self. I don't know how to explain it but ever since this started I've felt ... off.

.......................................................................................

Dr.Coles POV

" Come in !" I yell to whoever is knocking at my door . Carlise comes in looking a little flustered .

" What do you want? " I am sitting at my desk poring over papers and files that might help us .

" After taking Jurdyns blood we have found some reasonable information . He says placing the file he was holding on my desk in front of me . I read over it-twice .

" How could we miss something like this ? " I ask him andhe shrugs .

" You can tell Calvin tomorrow but for now see if you can find any other connections out there . " He nods and leaves shutting my office door behind him . We should have been able to make that connection-I need a new team .

..............................................................................

Calvin's POV

" Alright that's the last bag " I said helping some of the soldiers load supplies on the third bus .

" Here Cal take her in bus beside Jurdyn " Viv instructed while handing me a half sleep Ellie. It is still very early in the morning so the little ones are still sleep , well except for Jurdyn . I took her and walked to the first bus which is where most of the group will be . I placed her next Jurdyn . She looked up at me with those dark green eyes .

" Where's Yasi ? Can I sit next to her ? " She asked in a quiet voice .

" Yasi's coming and you have to sit in one of the seats that has a belt in it and don't you want to make a new friend ? " I asked her after strapping Ellie in the little seat . Jurdyn shook her head 'no' and I chuckled . I got off the bus to see where Viv was . Everyone else was piling on the first bus . The soldiers would be riding in bus two .Well four of them were on bus one to make sure we stayed in check and then there was James again who had drove the helicopter but now he is driving our bus .

"Calvin can I have a word with you please " Dr. Coles said and we walked over a little from the buses .

" What is it ? "

" Me and my team upon reseach and blood tests have just discovered some interesting information , Jurdyn happens to be your little sister ." He says with ease . I scruch up my face in confusion .

" Your parents gave her up for adoption when she was born and they kept it low key so the press wouldn't find out . You don't remember your mom being pregnant? Well she did give birth two and a half months early , you guys are about thirteen years apart . " He said in a duh tone .

" Wha-What ? How-Why ? " I have a sister ? That my parents have been hiding from me ? How could they do this ? The docter walked away and got on the first bus . I walked back to bus one thinking . Did I want a little sister ? If things were back to normal of course but in these circumstances - No .

" What's wrong ? " Viv asked as I sat next to her . We were right infront of Glenn and Roy .

" I just found out I have a little sister " I said in a whisper .

" Really where ? How old is she ? Does she loo- " I put my hand over her mouth to silence her.

" Its Jurdyn " I said . Her eyes grew wide .

" If you don't say anything or squeal . I will take my hand off your mouth . " She nodded her head slowly .

" Good because there are other methods I could use to make you be quiet ." I said smirking . She raised an eyebrow at me .

" Like what ? " She said .

" Like this " He said kissing me hard on the lips .

" Enough we have children in here ! " Alice said and Viv blushed and looked out the window as we pulled off .

..................................................................................................................

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS .

THANKS :)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Don't Turn Από veronica

Εφηβική Φαντασία

32 0 13
JEFF. So we'd have cactus zombies chasing us?!?!?! JAMES. What in the FUCK is a cactus zombie? JEFF. A zombie... with freaking cacti stuck in it! BEC...
845 59 22
I see you're awake finally. Let me explain, I'm the overseer, and my name is Hayley, I will guide you on your journey through this time era. Your nam...
Bones and Arrows Από ♔ ♕ 𝒩𝑒𝓁𝒾 ♝ ♞

Επιστημονικής φαντασίας

1K 76 15
A virus has swept across the entire country, its origin unknown. Seven young adults, whose fate has bound them together, must find a way to escape th...
3.9K 229 35
{ tmnt 2016 version } Published: August, 12, 2017 Donatello's family send him to go to a vacation sense he would not take care of himself with a...