Hell On Earth

By ahsthetic

When Weslynn discovers that she has unique powers growing in her, she is sent away to Miss Robichaux's Academ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Three

621 20 7
By ahsthetic

When I finally made my way back into my room, I flopped myself on the bed. Tears continued to fall sporadically from my eyes, but I tried my best to stay strong. It seemed as though I had no one in this place to call a friend. Except Cordelia. I was so grateful for her.

I just wanted at least Fiona to like me. I did not care about the other blonde girl who made no attempt to introduce herself to me. I wanted to leave Fiona with a good impression of myself. I had no idea what I did wrong and it was bothering me. Were my clothes to barren for her taste? Did I think of something that could have pissed her off? I was thinking about her all day. What if she read my thoughts and thinks I am a freak! Apologizing to Fiona as soon as I can would be best, but now was not an appropriate time. Maybe after dinner, but definitely not at this moment. I am far too embarrassed to see her.

My head pounded and my whole body ached. Did I fall asleep? I had the most horrible dream and it felt so real. I dreamt that my father was back in my life and he was hurting my mother again. Only this time, I did not have my special powers. I could not stop him, and the more that I fought back, the weaker I got. Thinking about the dream almost put me into another cold sweat. I pushed myself up from the bed and shrieked when I saw a brunette sitting in the chair across the room.

"You think too much," she said to me.

Who is this and what is she doing in my room! I quickly grabbed the covers and hid my body away from her.

"Who are you and what are you doing in here?"

The girl made her way over and sat down next to me.

"I'm Nan and I wanted to see the new girl everyone has been talking about! But you think way too much and it's kinda hard not to block out everything that you're thinking."

So, she has the same power as I do. I was relieved to find someone who had a power similar to mine.

"Hi Nan, I'm Weslynn. I'm sorry for bothering you with my...thinking. I can't help it. I don't know how to control that just yet. Did you say you could hear what I was thinking?"

Nan nodded her head and smiled.

"I have the same power. I'm glad someone here understands what it's like," I said with a wave of relief.

We both smiled and she got up from the bed.

"My room is just across the hall from yours. Don't be scared to drop by and say hi!"

Before leaving, Nan stopped at the door to turn around and look at me.

"Oh...I'm sorry about your dad." She gave a sympathetic smile, waved goodbye, and closed the door.

I began to scold myself for dreaming about my dad. He does not deserve any attention. Now that Nan knows he is abusive, I do not want her to tell someone and they go after him. Although I was upset with her, I did not want for my mother to end up getting hurt. Trying to distract myself, I looked over to my alarm clock. It read that it was 1:06 AM. It is only one?

I got myself out of bed and forced myself to find the bathroom. I knew there was one downstairs, but I did not know if there were any upstairs. I should have asked Cordelia when I had the chance. I decided not to take any chances of pissing off someone else and quietly made my way down the stairs to look for the bathroom myself. The floorboards of the staircase creaked with every step that I took and I did my best to stay as quiet as possible.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I took a right and made my way into the kitchen. The light switch flipped on and I was blinded by the piercing light. 

"Weslynn, what are you doing down here so late?"

Oh no, that's Fiona's voice. My eyes finally adjusted to the light and I saw her standing near the counter. She was dressed in a black silk robe and she was spinning a pill around in a circle with her index finger. My throat burned.

"I just - I just needed to use the restroom is all."

She stopped spinning the pill and walked up closer to me.

"You do know there's a bathroom right next to your room, yes? Or has Delia forgotten to mention that to you?"

I could not bring myself to speak again. Why was it that every time I got near her, I had no power over what to say. I did my best to calm down and I started to rub at the nape of my neck in an act of nervousness. Old habit of mine.

"N-no, I didn't know there was. I didn't want to cause any trouble by accidentally going into someone else's room, so I thought I would play it safe down here."

She looked at me for the longest time and I grew very uncomfortable. Should I apologize? Why is she acting so strange around me. I could not read her thoughts at all.

Fiona walked the rest of the way over to me and slightly bent down to whisper something in my ear.

"Goodnight, Weslynn."

Her breath tickled at my ear and goosebumps rose from my arms. Fiona Goode surely had an effect on me and I could not help but show it. I felt like a small mouse.

Later that morning, I woke to the sounds of clinking metal utensils and cups. I groggily made my bed, brushed out my hair, and put on my fluffy robe.

I walked out into the hallway and looked both ways before I entered the bathroom.

The bathroom is huge, to say the least. Its ceiling is high and the porcelain floor is cold to my feet. The shower stood at the left side of the room and the sink and cabinet were at the right. That was all that was in here, besides the small window.

I grabbed a towel and turned the water on to a warm temperature before stepping in. I allowed myself only fifteen minutes to be in here — my usual time being about thirty — but sticking to my mental note, I did not want to piss anyone else off.

The water felt like silk as it rolled down my body. Lathering my skin up with soap, I began to wonder if the ones staying here already have gotten used to this sort of living. I know that it will take me a while before this is all familiar to me.

I could feel the stares of the other witches fall on me as I sat down in my assigned seat at the dining room table. Nan sat across from me and I gave her a small smile, which she returned. I looked over the the left of her and saw the blonde witch who had no right to rudely intrude into my room.

I cleared my throat and sat patiently until I heard the wheels of a breakfast cart rolling its way into the room. The woman, who I figured was the maid, looked as if she was in her fifties or so. Her eyelids sagged slightly and her hair was a mess. She looked incredibly exhausted.

She made her way around the table, and when she finally got to me, I let out a silent "thank you."

The other witches stopped their actions abruptly, most of their forks halted halfway to the trip to their mouths.

The blonde one dropped her fork and gave me a blank stare.

"Did you just say, 'thank you'?"

Were there not any manners in this place?

"Yes, I did say thank you. Is there a problem with that?"

Another witch, Queenie, whose name I had learned from mind reading, laughed.

"I wouldn't mess with her new witch, she doesn't play around. I, myself, wouldn't have said 'thank you' to that bitch either. Have you heard what she did to all of those innocent slaves? I would stab her right now with my fork if it wasn't for Fiona who made her my personal maid."

I was learning so much about everyone and it was just my second day. Fiona was right, I do have a lot to learn.

I took a moment to let things sink in before I replied.

"But that doesn't mean I can't be humane and polite. I can tell this place needs a little lesson in manners..."

My voice trailed off and Queenie stood, ready to come at me with her fork. Before she could take two steps, her body fell completely back into her chair with a humph.

"Girls, girls, now come on. Give the new girl a break," Fiona said nonchalantly.

Fiona walked up to the breakfast table to flick her cigarette ashes into one of the water glasses. Cigarettes for breakfast, what a joy, I thought. Fiona scanned the entirety of the room without making any comments, creating a rather tense atmosphere. Cordelia was nowhere to be found and I started to wish that she would show up and ease the tension; however, with a smirk, Fiona began to speak.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 30.8K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
1.8M 49.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
192K 6.8K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...