Mia In The Middle

By kennybbygang

Mia Rideaux is the middle child of six kids, she feels like no one ever sees it pays attention to her. Read a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

149 3 0
By kennybbygang

it was Saturday morning and I had managed to not speak not even a half a word to any of my family.

I've been really distant this past week. Not like anyone is gonna notice anyway. I heard trucks and stuff outside and it was really interrupting my sleep since the window was open.

I got out of my comfy bed and got to the window to close it when I noticed a moving van next door. I shook my head. I'm trying to get away from this place an yet people are steadily moving in.

I was about to slam the window when I seen a guy. and not just any guy. it was the one from the hospital. I smiled to myself.

I was still in my pajamas but I decided to go see my old friend. I opened my door and walked down the stairs. I heard them in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes.

I opened the door when a voice I know and hate stopped me. "Where are you going ?" my mother asked me.

"To hell if I don't pray." I said and closed the door behind me.

"Hey buddy." I said. He turned around and smiled. "Well look who it is. It's my goody two shoes." he said. I walked over to him and smiled.

"How do you know I'm a as you say yea "Goody Two Shoes" ?" I asked him.

"Well you came up to a stranger on a stretcher and asked him what was wrong , then when you got your answer that I had got shot it didn't scare you but intrigued you." he said as I followed him into the house.

"I wasn't intrigued ." I lied. I actually was interested in how and why he was shot. But I thought since I don't know him it would be rude to pry into his personal life. I have to at least wait till I know his last name.

"You can put that down there." he told me as he pointed to the floor by the bed frame.

I sat the small box down and looked around. His room was bigger than mine. I was somewhat jealous.

Maybe his is bigger because he doesn't have as much stuff. hmmmmm. I don't either but hey it is what it is.

I sat on the floor next to the closet door and looked up. "So aren't you gonna ask?" he questioned.

I gave him a confused face. I mean yea I had several questions for him but I intended on spreading them out.

"Why I'm single for such a good looking guy." he said looking at himself in the mirror.

"Cocky much yea ? I have questions but that's not one of them." I laughed.

"What made your dad move here ?" I asked him. "Well I got kicked out of my old school for a little trouble I got into." he answered.

I nodded my head. I could understand that. Things happen, mistakes are made. He can grow from whatever happened.

"Well that's tough, at least you can make a new start here." I told him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "What ?" I asked him. "I just told you I got kicked out of school and you don't question why ?" he said as he sat down in the bean bag chair.

"I mean I get it. Things happen. I'm like 75% sure that you didn't mean to get shot in the leg. But you did anyways , it happened and now it's over." I said.

"My motto is build a bridge and get over it." I said as I looked at my phone and seen my brother had called me.

"Well mines used to be fuck me over and you get it." he winked at me. I laughed.

"You seem like such a bad boy , but your room says hi and cool, like me." I laughed as I looked at the folded up shirts in the boxes.

"I mean I'm pretty badass, but I gotta get my act together or it's the big house for me." he said as he pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor.

"Ohh a real bad boy." I laughed at him. "It's like 11:00 won't mommy miss you for breakfast?" he asked me.

"Nope, I'm sorta the middle kid so no one really ever notices me." I said as I sat in front of him.

"How ? I've seen yo people y'all like a box of s'mores." he laughed. "Your the only caramel one beside the brother." he said.

"I'm more dark caramel." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Then y'all got good hair." he said as he slightly tugged at one of my curls. "What do you call your hair ?" I asked him as I touched his hair. it was so soft an curly. "It be aight on days." he joked.

"Oh whatever." I laughed. "But I need to get going, you need to be asleep." I said. "You need your rest." I said again as I handed him a cover that was on the mattress.

"See you Monday Mia." he said as I closed the door. I was walking down the stairs when I ran into a man.

"Uh I'm so sorry sir I uh I wasn't looking." I told him as I looked up at him. "What's your name ?" he asked.

"Mia." I said.

"Oh your the little lady from next door." he said as he walked back downstairs. I gave him a small smile.

"I'll catch y'all later ya hear." I said as I opened the front door and left out.

"Well she seems nice." I heard him say before the door closed.

I walked into my house and instantly got an attitude. No one was here. They all left me.

That's probably what my brother was calling me about. I shook my head and went in the kitchen to get me something to eat.

Not only did they leave me they ate all my french fries. I rolled my eyes. "Terrible people." I said and walked back upstairs to my room.

I couldn't wait to move out and get my own place. I just really hated this house with like a deep passion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 9.7K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
605K 17.9K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
149K 11.4K 13
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
159K 2.7K 48
just read