Gray X Reader: My Protector (...

By CupcakesandCupcakes

The guild was silent for a few seconds. "(Y/N)!" Gray yelled as he ran over to (Y/N)'s illusion which was bat... More

Chapter 1:: Still Shirtless
Chapter 2 :: Natsu the moron
Chapter 3:: Drunk
Chapter 4:: Two fights, One day
Chapter 5:: Forbidden Key's
Chapter 6 :: my husbando Kaoru
Chapter 7 - Gate of the White Tiger
Chapter 8 - Ice Ballarina
Chapter 9 - Don't run off with that flamehead
Chapter 10 - Bellatrix, the Female warrior
Chapter 11: You never give up, huh?
Chapter 12: Wimp
Chapter 13: Running
Chapter 14: Pleeeeaaaasssee
Chapter 15: Burn him to a crisp.
Chapter 16: Learn when to shut up
Chapter 17: Monster
Chapter 18: Venture
Chapter 19: In Erza's Name
Chapter 20 - What girlfriend?
Chapter 21 : Controlling female dog who deserves a slap
Chapter 22: The King's Creation
Chapter 23: Please refrain from injuring me
Chapter 24:I bet you he didn't even care at all
Chapter 25: Far from an idiot
Chapter 26: Seriously Sorry
Chapter 27: Am I really that ugly?
Chapter 28: That little dragon slayer taking you away from me
Chapter 29: We're not a pity party!
Chapter 30: Tell them the truth
Chapter 31: Does she have some sort of memory loss?
Chapter 32: Leave her alone
Chapter 33: I never loved you
Chapter 34: I hate him
Chapter 35: Don't underestimate my power
Chapter 36: Let's make it more intresting
Chapter 37: I don't have to pretend
Chapter 39: so yeah, I love you
Chapter 40: It's an illusion
Chapter 41: Lucky guess?
Chapter 42: You've said sorry a billion times
Chapter 43: You should be nicer to him
Chapter 44: Did he just say next week?!
Chapter 45: You're not being you!
Chapter 46: The whole of Fiore loves you
Chapter 47: This is a joke right?!
Chapter 48: You still haven't answered my question
Chapter 49: What's up with that punk?
Chapter 50: I'd prefer you not to
Chapter 51: You could say that
Chapter 52: What if you forget about me?
Chapter 53: A harder magic to conquer
Chapter 54: Oh hell no!
Chapter 55: Both of us are too stubborn!
Chapter 56: Almost as if it's a shadow
Chapter 57: Dragon's have always been one of my intrests
Chapter 58: I see why you would think that
Chapter 59: Why don't I have a certificate?
Chapter 60: Holy Shooting Stars Above
Chapter 61: There's a difference between cocky and knowing what's true
Chapter 62: Everyone is so excited about the return of your fiancé
Chapter 63: Yeah I've got somethin' to say.
Chapter 64: Someone who deserves her
Chapter 65: Wait...Lily...you're a dad?
Chapter 66 : We need to have a little chat
Chapter 67: The name is all of my concern!
Chapter 68: Do you know what you have to do?
Chapter 69 : You guys are dating, right?
Chapter 70: Do I really mean that much to him?
Chapter 71: I don't even know who I am
Chapter 72: I've missed you
Chapter 73: Don't be so stupid Aries
Chapter 74: AFSKSGSKGSKSVSOSBSKSBSLSSBSLBSKWNSJSKSHS
Chapter 75: I'm pretty good at falling!
Chapter 76: Thank God he's gone!
Chapter 77: That's an exaggeration
Chapter 78: The Darkest of Black's and Brightest of Golds
chapter 79: An Eye For An Eye, A Girl For A Guy [UNEDITED]
Chapter 80: Respect Your Elders! [UNEDITED]
Chapter 81: Natsu calm down! [UNEDITED]
Chapter 82: A common intrest we both share
Chapter 83: But Who?!
Chapter 84: Except this is an Exception [EDITED]
Chapter 85: The Lion And The Ram
Another Important A/N
THANK YOU FOR THE COVER!!!
YES ANOTHER A / N

Chapter 38: So what's your decision Comet girl?

3.1K 130 72
By CupcakesandCupcakes

Your POV

A bet? Is this what Aquila was talking about?

Gray looks over at me and squeezes my hand as if trying to tell me something. I look over at him confused.

He sighs and gently puts his forehead on mine.
"No matter what you choose (Y/N, know that I'm always here for you." He whispers quietly. I can't nod, and I don't want to speak in case my voice cracks. I'm happy to cry in front of Gray. But not in front of Vulpecula.

"So If you two want to get your touchy feely moment over and done with so we can continue that would be great." She said in a sarcastic tone. Hey brown eyes where glaring at me and as she started to speak I swear a hint of red flared into them.
"My bets are made from your undermining feelings of your heart, I'll twist them around and make them positive, something that you've always wanted or desperately feel as if you need, do you understand (Y/N)?" She asks. I nod slightly.
"Yes." I say.

I don't know why she is telling me this. It's not as if I'm going to actually agree with her nonsense.

"My first bet," She smirks, her eyes now definetly turning an auburn colour "I'll allow you to live a happy life with your beloved Gray Fullbuster, you two will get married and have children and everything will be completely perfect." She smiles "however, my side of the bet is that you will forget all about your fairy tail friends and they will forget you, your paths will never cross again and you'll never be able to join a guild as all your magic would be nonexistent." She smirks.

A perfect life with Gray? But I loose all my friends. I don't think I could bear that. They've been there for me when everything has gone wrong, and besides no life is perfect, not anyone's, so it can't be true. This can't happen... and I don't want to take away Gray's magic like that... he learnt it from Ur. . .

"N-no?" I say, unfortunately it comes out like a question, Vulpecula sniggers slightly and raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod.
"Yes I am." I say.
"Very well." She says, her smirk still remaining.

I look over at Gray and he has a wide smile and obviously thinks I've made the right decision. Thank you. He mouths slightly and I grin shaking my head meaning there was nothing to thank me for.

"It's not over yet," The fox spirit says "since you obviously don't want to spend the rest of your life with your boyfriend I'll offer you another bet." She smiles.
"And what's that?" I say in a bored tonne to show her I wasn't intrested.

Her smirk grew bigger and her eyes sharpened. She looked like a fox ready to pounce on a rabbit, her eyes gleaming with some sort of emotion that I couldn't quite make out, but I knew for sure I didn't really want to know.

"Your father, the king," I felt my face go pale as she said this "I'll allow you to live with him, for his memories and his pathetic little servant's memories to be altered along with yours that you were always there." She smiled "but my side of the bet is that you forget all about your precious Gray Fullbuster and you never see him again." She smirks "along with your fairy friends too of course, once you're in your celestial spirit world you're stuck their. There is no key for you." She smirks "so what's your decision Comet girl?" She says.

I feel dizzy all of a sudden. It's probably one of my only chances to finally meet my father, to actually be a family.

But fairy tail are my family now.

When he turned his back on my mother and I, I only had Ivera, then it was Darknight and now it's Fairy Tail. Even if this one gets taken away from me... even if I loose this family... it's still been there more then he's ever been there.

And then there's Gray. He's been supportive over everything, and he's been one of the only people on my life whose actually given a fudgecakes about me.

I can't turn my back on him. Even if it means I probably won't ever meet my father... none of that matters now.

"I decline your offer." I say in a voice as powerful as Erza's. There's silence and the fox girl smiles sweetly.
"It seems you pass the test." She giggles.

Wait a second is she ... giggling?

"Sorry, if I caused trouble," She says her voice still sweet and giggly as a dark key appears in her hand "It's just, in order to have my key you need to be able to withstand deception and temptation, something that you did well pincess (Y/N)." She says, she then bows slightly "I do appologise if I caused you any harm, I will use my magic to heal your friends." She smiles.
"Er... does this girl have a screw loose or something?" Gray whispers as Vulpecula hands me her key.
"Not at all Mr Fullbuster, it just, I have to deceive my wizard or mage in order for a fair battle." She says with a happy smile.
"Do you remember Bella?" I ask Gray
"What the spirit who stabbed me with a poisonous dagger?" He asks "kind of hard to forget her." He mumbled.
"She was exactly the same," I say ignoring his remark, although it did make me laugh "when I first tried got her key, she was difficult and very awkward, but once the spirit is your key they become very... well... less..."
"Psychotic?" Vulpecula says with a big grin.
"Yeah!" I say.

There's a laugh between Vulpecula and I and Gray just stares at us as if we're crazy.
"I need to go heal your friends Princess (Y/N), I'll do that immidiatle-"

Before Vulpecula could finish there was a weak cry.
"(Y/N)!" Wendy says. I turn around to see the blue haired mage in tears.
"It's Lucy! I couldn't heal her... i tried and it just... my magic...I-I..m" She trailed off tears in her eyes, her voice weak.
"Wendy, Calm down a little and try to explain" Gray says in a calm voice yet panicked tone.
"I-I think she's dead... she used too much magical energy... and she... she won't wake up!" She yelled her tears now overflowing.

***

And because I'm a horrible person I'm going to end on another cliff hanger!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Can I just say another massive thank you for all the help and support that you guys give the book! I really appreciate it!

I might not be able to update tomorrow but I'll try my hardest to update as soon as I can! ^^

Love, Cupcakes!

(Here for your chapter art have Wendy and Carla as gangsters XD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
85.6K 1.5K 24
Lucy has been ignored by the guild for a month ever since lisanna came back. Even Natsu Ignores her, he is always with lisanna. The only ones who did...
542K 18.5K 83
My name...my given name is Freya. I'm an assassin. No one knows what I look like. Sound like. Or know who I am. And I like it like that. I don't en...
88.4K 2.5K 27
Lucy Heartfilia is a Celestial Wizard and Natsu Dragneel is the Fire Dragon Slayer. When Lucy and Natsu take on a job that could last quite a while...