Dangerous Liaisons [Sterek]

By BekkaChaos

A Sterek fiction. When Derek realises that Stiles has become a trigger for him he tries to stay away. He know... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Six

75.8K 2.4K 2.7K
By BekkaChaos

A/N: Thanks so much for waiting you guys. I have literally had like three days with 8 hours sleep between them so I really, really appreciate your patience.

Anyway I hope this chapter doesnt disappoint... even though it might not be all perfect ;p

                                                             ~ ~ ~

It was about twenty minutes later that Scott received a text from his mom saying the sheriff was on his way back up. The room had just stopped spinning for him and Karissa wasn’t looking too flash either.

“His dad’s coming back.” He muttered, standing up out of his chair with a wobble. “I don’t know what happened here but should I still be feeling this… this?”

Karissa sighed with a bland look on her face. “Apparently. Maybe it didn’t work, maybe we’re dying with him.”

“Don’t say that.” Isaac shook his head. “The good things never happen when you say it but bad things always do.”

“What, do you believe in karma?” Jackson asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I didn’t believe in werewolves or kanimas or Maeves either.” He said.

“Good call.” Jackson conceded.

“Look, how long is this supposed to take?” Lydia asked impatiently.

“Why? You got somewhere else to be princess?” Karissa smirked.

Lydia narrowed her eyes sharply. “What I want is for him to get better and for you to leave.”

“I’ll gladly be gone… when I can walk without needing to vomit.” She said.

“Hey… the scratches are gone.” Allison pointed to Stiles’ palm as she tried to hide the damage they had done to his cast.

Everyone looked over and Derek walked away from his wall and gently turned up his palm. “This one too.” He muttered.

It was like the mood in the room lifted almost instantly. They all suddenly felt hopeful for his recovery.

“I believe the words are ‘thank you’ in case you were wondering.” Karissa smirked again.

A collective sigh went around the room and Derek looked her right in the eye. “Thank you.” He said.

The two shared a momentary eye contact before she nodded. “Pleasure.”

Neither had forgotten he bargain that they had made. Karissa performed the ritual to save Stiles and Derek wasn’t to kill her sister. That didn’t mean that he wouldn’t find her and threaten to do so.

“Really, thank you.” Scott said as he walked shakily over to the bed and put a hand on Stiles’ arm.

He felt a jolt come off him and stepped back, staring down a little taken aback.

“What happened?” Allison asked.

“He… didn’t you feel that? He shocked me.” Scott said.

“It’s not a shock.” Karissa said, pushing herself off the floor and getting to her rather unbalanced feet. “It’s a bond.”

“Here we go…” Boyd shook his head.

“Relax, it’s nothing sinister or life changing. The two of you are just… connected now. Like blood brothers I guess but you’ll have this kind of… I don’t know, humans call it a sixth sense but that’s not really what it is either.”

“Well spit it out then.” Lydia said.

Karissa shrugged. “You were his protector and now that bond is sealed. If he needs protecting you’ll get this pull, it’ll be the same the other way too, as far as I'm aware.”

“He is totally going to hate that.” Scott smiled a little.

“You’re also immune.”

“What?” Scott asked.

“To me, or any of my kind. You and him. It’s the sacrifice I get for saving him. I betrayed my sister, my ancestors and so it’s a punishment I guess. If you believe in that stuff. I can already feel it niggling away inside of me.” She folded her arms and sighed just as the sheriff came back through the door.

He stopped to look at them all a moment. “This is a pretty crowded room… I didn’t think Stiles had so many friends.” He tried to chuckle a little but he was still under the impression that Stiles was getting worse rather than better.

“We’re just going Mr Stilinski, you probably need some time.” Allison said with a warm smile.

The sheriff returned one as best he could and most of them flooded out of the room and into the hall, Scott stayed back for a few minutes, just thinking.

“Well, I think I’m going to go.” Karissa said, stretching out. “Hate to save a life and run but-”

“You’re not leaving until we know for sure that he’s going to live.” Erica growled and Isaac stood by her side.

“Can't you see the signs? He healed the link marks and his body will be recovering on the inside because there’s no poison killing him from the inside out.” She gave them a smile but Erica just narrowed her eyes.

“Let her go.” Derek said forcefully.

They all turned to stare at him.

“You’re joking right?” Erica said.

Derek shook his head. “There’s no reason for her to stay now.”

“He’s still lying there in a coma.” She hissed.

“And so was Isaac, and you weren’t so conscious after you were bitten either. You saw Scott’s reaction and he has no reason to deceive us. He’s one of us.”

“Not really.” Erica mumbled.

Derek looked over at Karissa who was giving him a waiting stare. “Go.”

“Don’t think this means I like you, but I have no reason to hurt you or any of your pack.” She said, for the first time quite sincerely.

Derek held out his hand for her to shake and she did, before giving Erica one last glare and disappearing down the hall.

“You think that’s the last we’ll see of her?” Boyd asked.

“God I hope so.” Isaac said. “I was really starting to get tired of her crap.”

Derek sent most of the pack home overnight, and yes, that meant that most of them had migrated to his place. Like a giant baby-werewolf slumber party. He stayed back at the hospital with Scott and the sheriff, sleeping in the chairs in Stiles’ room. Only he didn’t sleep, he was awake and watching, hoping that he would begin to stir or that he would show some sign of recovery.

There was no doubt that something had happened in the room tonight. There had been some kind of supernatural forces acting and for the first time he actually prayed that it would work. Probably an odd practice for a werewolf but his mother had made them say grace before dinner, when she remembered. She had wanted him to grow up with those ideals and staring down at Stiles now he wished she hadn’t.

A part of him wanted to be selfish, but he had done that enough. Humans and werewolves just don’t mix. Not like this.

The next morning both he and Scott woke suddenly to Melissa’s quiet hissing.

“Hey!”

“Mom… what…?” Scott said, rubbing his eyes.

“His heart sounds are stronger today, lungs are sounding a lot better.” She smiled down at them and Scott’s face lit up in a wide goofy grin.

He couldn’t believe that it was actually working. Derek’s demure smile just lingered over Stiles lying in the bed and his whole body seemed to relax a little, but only for a moment.

“I guess that means you want me to call the pack?” Scott said, looking at Derek expectantly.

“If you want.” Scott raised an eyebrow but left the room to make some calls anyway.

“His dad’s out updating the case files.” Melissa gave Derek a parting smile as she headed out to add to her own files.

Derek stood up slowly and walked over to Stiles’ side, taking his good hand and sitting by him, bringing his fingers to his lips. He kissed them hard, closing his eyes and breathing in his scent. The room no longer smelt like death and Derek knew that meant he was healing. In a day or two he would probably wake up. He might need longer to recover than Isaac had, or Erica, but the reality of it was that he was healing.

He brushed away his hair with his hand, stopping only to cup his beautiful cheekbones in his palm. He leant over to peck his lips and then his cheeks, resting his forehead on Stiles’.

“I won't let you get hurt again Stiles. I won't put you in danger any more. You’re not going to like it but you’ll have to understand it.” He whispered.

He almost uttered those three little words but held his tongue, knowing it would only make it worse. He never should have said them in the first place. He sighed, placing another little kiss on his lips before getting up, dropping his hand and leaving the room without another word.

Two Days Later

Scott was on his way into the hospital. His mother had ordered him home on the account that he had barely spent a waking – or sleeping – moment outside of its walls in a week. She promised to call if there was any more news on Stiles who had been improving dramatically over the last twenty-four hours.

They took out the tube in his throat after he almost choked on it, in a good way of course, it meant he was breathing by himself. That was last night and Scott had just got a message from his mother saying that he should be there as soon as possible.

He walked through the front doors and made his way up the all too familiar path to his ward and down to his room. When he opened the doors his heart began to soar as he watched the sheriff practically suffocating his son with his arms. Stiles didn’t protest though, he had no idea how long he had been out of it but he knew that it wouldn’t take much to rattle his dad. He hated hospitals, always had.

“Scott,” the sheriff greeted him warmly as he came in, a smile finally tattooed to his face for the first time in a week.

Scott just grinned down at Stiles who tilted his head to the side and leant on his shoulder. “What? Don’t I get a hug from you?” He croaked, his voice sore from having had a plastic tube shoved down there for so long.

Scott smiled, same old Stiles. “I think I’ll give you a cool down period first.”

Stiles tried to laugh but it was way too painful so he settled for another smile. “Is Derek here?” He asked.

“Uh… no, no he’s not here… I mean he didn’t come here with me anyway if that’s what you mean.” Scott said.

Stiles gave him a funny look but his dad cut in.

“I’m sure he’ll get here, you just keep your mouth shut until that throat heals.” He said.

Stiles gave him a little salute and the sheriff chuckled. “God, I never thought I’d miss you so much you sarcastic little brat.” He grinned and hugged him tightly again.

It hurt, actually Stiles felt more pain than he was letting on but he didn’t want his dad to stop. He just looked so happy.

It took a long time before the sheriff stopped squeezing him, the only reason he did was to sign a form to say that Stiles would be released the following afternoon, providing he get lots of rest.

“So… what happened exactly?” Stiles asked when it was just him and Scott.

“Dude, trust me, I should probably explain it when you’re completely lucid.” He smiled and Stiles cocked an eyebrow.

“Lucid? Since when do you use non-simple words?” He winced a little at his throat and tried to pretend that he hadn’t.

“I’m allowed to want a better vocabulary aren’t I?”

“SAT’s?”

“Yeah.” Stiles tried to laugh but it hurt far too much and he resented it.

“So… why did you sound so weird before?” Stiles asked.

“Stiles, I try not to spend so much time with him so I don’t know where he is.” Stiles didn’t quite trust him but he wasn’t going to push it, his throat hurt enough anyway.

Besides, Derek would be there soon, obviously. He thought back to when he had been beaten by Gerard. Derek was there even though they had been arguing with each other, and it had only been a few days that time… from Stiles’ groggy memory. This time… he had no idea.

Scott said it was almost a week and Stiles felt a little gipped about losing that much of his precious teenage life because of some dumb creature. He asked Scott about it again but he insisted on telling him when he got home.

It was at that point that he totally wished he had werewolf super-healing right now because he felt pretty damn crappy.

“I’m just so glad you’re okay, for a while there it was looking pretty… you know.” Scott said.

Stiles nodded. “Yeah, I got that from the way you all reacted when I woke up this morning. By the way my wrist is killing me; they had to reset it for some reason. I guess I got an intern doing my cast.”

Scott chuckled a little. “Yeah, that’s actually a long story. You should probably quit talking before your dad gets back in here.” Stiles rolled his eyes and Scott checked his pockets as his phone vibrated from a text. “It’s Isaac, he’s come in to see you.”

Stiles gave him the thumbs up as the sheriff came back in with the doctor. He was giving him another full check-up. They hadn’t thought he was going to make a recovery so quickly so the guy in charge of his case was personally seeing to him.

“I’ll go get lunch with Isaac and we’ll come up later.” Scott said and smiled at the sheriff before heading out.

He was ridiculously happy and Scott couldn’t help but feel the same way. He was alive, and for now he was going to stay alive. That was enough to keep him happy for the rest of the week, the year even.

He headed down to the bottom floor to meet Isaac who was leaning against the wall near the cafeteria.

“Hey.” He called and Scott gave him a grin.

“He’s back, same old sarcastic Stiles.”

Isaac laughed, “He was poisoned, he didn’t have his personality switched. You want to walk?” He pointed down one of the halls.

“You’re not hungry?”

Isaac shook his head. “Not really, they don’t have what I want.”

“Well what do you want?” Scott asked as they started walking down the empty corridor.

“I don’t know, I was thinking Mexican.”

“That does sound good.” Scott agreed.

His mind was running through so many things. He was so happy to have Stiles back and he didn’t even care that there was another Maeve on the loose. And then there was Isaac… he didn’t really know how he felt about Isaac. They had been there for one another over the last week and Scott was starting to get that feeling that there was a hell of a lot more to this than just a one off kiss. Actually, two kisses, but Isaac couldn’t remember the one from before his attack and if Scott was honest it was a hell of a lot more than just a kiss.

At the time he had pushed him away, tried to pretend that there was nothing going on but as he watched Isaac now, one curl hanging down almost in his eyes, sucking on his bottom lip and bobbing his head as he walked, he felt his stomach flip.

“Hey Scott, can I tell you something?” Isaac looked up and those big blue eyes made Scott’s heart beat a little faster.

In a second he smiled and grabbed him by the sides of his head and pulled him in to lock their lips together in a hot, fiery embrace. Isaac fell back against the wall in shock, he hadn’t seen that coming. He wouldn’t have predicted that either.

Not that it mattered, his tongue was begging permission to get behind Scott’s teeth and he let him… very enthusiastically. His hands were now tangled in Isaac’s curls and Isaac’s hands reached out to pull Scott in by the hips.

Scott pulled back and stared at him, panting hard.

“You don’t even know what I was going to say.” He grinned and Scott laughed before looking up and down the hall.

He grabbed Isaac by the shirt and pulled him towards an empty room and shutting the door behind them. The second he heard the click he slammed Isaac up against it and continued to assault him with his tongue.

He parted his lips and Isaac’s teeth clamped down roughly on his bottom lip, eliciting a groan and a grind of his hips. It was Isaac’s turn to let out a moan and he pulled his lips away to nibble at Scott’s lopsided jaw. He spun them around to pin Scott to the door and pressed his now rock hard cock against his hip and left large quickly fading hickeys on his neck.

Scott was panting in his ear and it was driving him wild. He had been waiting so long to taste his lips again, to taste the salty sweet skin of his neck and feel the hardness of his body against his with nowhere to move in between.

He felt his body throbbing as Scott’s hands roamed down to his belt and started to undo the buckle. He pulled his lips away and returned the favour, unzipping his jeans and sliding his hand inside and rubbing Scott through his boxers. He let out a gasp and thrust his own hand into Isaac’s pants, this time bypassing the underwear and taking hold of his stiff member.

Isaac grunted and his grip tightened around Scott before he pulled down the underwear to make bare contact with the sensitive skin.

They both pumped their arms as they struggled to stay upright, grunting and groaning in one another’s ears. Isaac’s tongue grazed Scott’s lip and he growled, eyes flashing golden and Isaac’s did the same.

“Oh… Fuck, Isaac… I’m… I’m going to…” Scott breathed as he tugged faster and Isaac closed his eyes.

“Me too…” He said in barely a breath.

Isaac’s claws were threatening to extend but he controlled it, moaning sharply in Scott’s ear as he drew impossibly close to release. Scott’s entire body shuddered as he came, his hand tensing and Isaac leant his forehead against his shoulder as he violently erupted into his boxers.

The two let the convulsions subside before taking their hands away. Isaac stumbled back and leant against the wall opposite. Scott slumped by the door and exhaled hard.

“You know we should probably get out of here before someone walks in.” Isaac grinned.

“Yeah… yeah just give me a minute.” Scott panted and Isaac laughed.

“Okay, but just this once.”

* * *

Stiles stayed in hospital for the rest of the day and well into the next morning. The pack came by to see him and Lydia gave him a big kiss on the cheek, making him silently blush.

There was still no sign of Derek.

It made Stiles’ stomach feel queasy and he refused his food, which was absolutely disgusting anyway. Why wasn’t he here? He thought.

In the afternoon he was free to leave, so long as he took his anti-inflammatory meds and didn’t stress out his throat or wrist. He swore he would do both when he saw Derek. He’d yell a fair few things his way and probably try to strangle him.

Where the fuck was Derek?

When he got home his dad said he’s make some soup for dinner, and by ‘make’ he meant he’d throw a tin of Campbell’s into a pot and heat it up but Stiles was okay with that. He headed up to his room and collapsed in his bed and felt so glad to be back.

He landed on his wrist because he had already forgotten about the break and he clutched it for a few moments but after that he just seemed to drift off to sleep.

He woke a few hours later to Scott shaking his feet. He tried to shoo him away but he just sat down and gave him a cheeky smile.

“What are you so happy about?” Stiles asked.

“Nothing, just happy to have you back.”

Stiles grumbled. “Yeah, yeah, the human survived, I know. It’s a miracle.”

“It actually kind of is.” Scott said as he recounted the full story about the Maeve and about Karissa.

Stiles hadn’t thought about her in a long time, actually, he only really saw her as the reason he had gotten into that big spat with Derek. Well, one of their big spats, they seem to have them frequently.

He almost couldn’t believe the whole thing. It was so surreal.

But, if werewolves exist then god knows what else does.

“Damn, I can't believe you did that for me.” Stiles said.

“Yeah, well, I guess you owe me now.” Scott chuckled.

“So… can you please tell me where Derek is now? Like seriously, what the fuck is going on?” Stiles said, getting frustrated.

Scott sighed. “Stiles, calm down or you’re going to hurt yourself, I’m sure he’s-”

“Okay, I’m not an invalid even though I just got supernaturally slammed and sound like a seventy year old chain smoker but I’m not a fucking idiot.” He said painfully and Scott looked away. “Where. Is. Derek?”

Scott looked up at him with a sigh. “I haven’t seen him Stiles, no one has in days.”

“What the hell are you saying?”

Scott shook his head. “I’m saying he’s gone, Derek’s gone.”

                                                             ~ ~ ~

A/N: I was feeling smut deprived so have some Scisaac and don't hate me on the rest of it!

50 comments, you guys will do it in like... a day, you always do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 3.3K 11
When Derek gets a call that Stiles has been found unconscious in the woods, he rushes to the hospital only to find the man he loves more than anythin...
240K 4.2K 64
Smut - (Mature Content) or (Mild Mature Content) Trigger Warning - At the beginning if there are any possible triggers
26.6K 1K 13
Stiles and Derek have a short lived relationship. After being apart for a month, Derek suggests they be friends with Benefits. No strings attached. ...
33.3K 904 7
Little did Stiles know that he was bitten by a werewolf who marked him as his mate. Now Stiles has to figure out who this werewolf is that wants his...