Her Lost Identity

Por northless

NOTE: This story is terribly written, and editing couldn't even save it, so I don't really suggest anyone rea... Más

Her Lost Identity
Her Lost Identity [1] ~ Schools out!
Her Lost Identity [2] ~ Look who's back in town...
Her Lost Identity [3] ~ Introducing Lilian
Her Lost Identity [4] ~ Ohio sucks!
Her Lost Identity [5] ~ The Bloody Hounds
Her Lost Identity [6] ~ Banana-Mc-Berry
Her Lost Identity [7] ~ Full-frontal Kissing
Her Lost Identity [8] ~ Cheat
Her Lost Identity [9] ~ Lunch from Hell
Her Lost Identity [10] ~ Masterpiece of Me
Her Lost Identity [11] ~ Twinkle, Twinkle
Her Lost Identity [13] ~ Morning Breath
Her Lost Identity [14] ~ Cold Feet
Her Lost Identity [15] ~ Déjà Vu
Her Lost Identity [16] ~ Don't give a Damn
Her Lost Identity [17] ~ The Record Store
Her Lost Identity [18] ~ A Rainy Night
Her Lost Identity [19] ~ To Love and to be Loved
Her Lost Identity [20] ~ What ifs
Her Lost Identity [21] ~ Inescapable Sorrow
Her Lost Identity [22] ~ Reminiscing of Old Times
Her Lost Identity [23] ~ Hospital Coffee
Her Lost Identity [24] ~ Thunder Storm
Her Lost Identity [25] ~ Waking up to Reality
Her Lost Identity [26] ~ Scary Thoughts
Her Lost Identity [27] ~ Party Pooper

Her Lost Identity [12] ~ Big News

3.6K 38 15
Por northless

^^ for being such a sweetheart♥

A/N: Thanks to everyone who's reading my story! It means a lot :) Please don't be a ghost reader, please comment!

Chapter 12

I turned around to see a face I thought I’d never think to see here in Ohio. His messy bronze hair covered most of his forehead with his grey-green eyes stared down at me. I glared at him before slapping him as hard as I could, then he began to laugh. He pulled me in to his arms and squeezed me tightly. I was quite surprised at his reaction. Right there, right then, I felt a smile growing on my lips.

“Don’t scare me like that!” I almost yelled, after our long embrace. Kevin just chucked and whispered in to my ear,

“I’m sorry, Cass.”

“Just getting some air...” I told him. He, knowing I didn’t want to talk about it, just nodded. “Anyway, why are you here?”

“What? You’re not happy to see me?” he laughed, in a jokingly way. To be honest, I was glad he was here. At least now, I had a bit of home with me. Jess had been occupied for the last couple of days. Kevin had me under his arm, he lead me to his car. He walked over to the other side and hopped in, following his lead; I hopped on the passenger’s seat.

I switched on the radio, looking for the best radio station. I wouldn’t dare put on music of Kevin’s, he liked classic. “It’s good for the brain!” he would always say. Once I found a radio station I liked, I slouched down in the seat, bobbing my head up and down to the song.

“So, where are we off to?” I asked Kevin, still bobbing my head to the beat of the song.

“Well, have you eaten yet?” he asked. I nodded in response, but he was watching the road. Instead, I murmured ‘mm’. “Then I’ll take you for some ice-cream, how about that?”

“Sure,” I agreed, flicking over the radio station because the song had ended and the one after was one that I didn’t particularly like. “Kevin did Kirsten and Jack tell you to check up on me?”

“Not exactly...” he began. “I insisted.”

“That’s got to be the best ice-cream I’ve ever tasted!” Kevin said, as he put his spoon in his empty bowl. I nodded; I always remembered this place selling extra yummy ice-creams.

We had both finished our delicious ice-creams. Kevin and I both came to our feet and left the shop. It was so cold out, but I had Kevin’s jacket keeping me warmer. We both trailed over to his car and crawled inside it. Kevin told me that he was staying at a B&B until tomorrow, and then he would be flying back to California. I was a bit disappointed; he’d only just got here. As Kevin drove me home, I told him all about Nathan and about me not being sure if we’re actually dating or not. He gave me some advice, which I’ll try and work with.

Once we – Kevin and I – made it to my house, or my mums, at least, I invited him inside. I figured that it would be rude not to come in for a while; after all, he did come all the way here just to see me. As I twisted the key in the rusty key hole, I heard a scream for help from inside. My mind flooded with lots of things, was something wrong with my mum? Had someone broken in? What happened? For some reason, the door wasn’t opening. Luckily, Kevin was there. He ushered me out of the way and then with all force, he booted the door open. The smell of the chicken casserole mum and I had made for dinner still filled the house. I followed the moaning and screaming until I stood outside my mum’s bedroom door. I winced as I opened the door, hoping not to find anything inappropriate on the other side. Then I took a step inside, and opened my eyes.

My mum, her eyes red and hair veins popping out of her forehead. It looked as if she was choking. I ran over to her at the speed of lightning. Kevin left the room, to get water I guessed.

“Mum, breath!” I screamed, holding each side of her face. I couldn’t lose her, not now. I had only just got her back! Tears began to form in my eyes at the thought of losing my mum. Kevin came in to the room with a glass of water, as I suspected.

“Here, drink this,” Kevin told my mum as he gently pushed the cup to her mouth.

Thankfully, mum was alright. She was just dehydrated. I tucked her in to bed and told her to get some rest. Meanwhile, Kevin was digging in to a bowl of chicken casserole. I fixed him up some as he didn’t actually eat dinner. We had ice-cream instead.

“Are you alright?” Nathan asked, as he looked in to my eyes that were worn out from crying. I nodded. “Are you sure? I mean, you seemed pretty worried up there...”

“I’m just not ready for her to go... Not yet,” I told him. “That was the scariest thing I’ve ever had to witness...”

“Then why don’t you come home?” Kevin said as he put his bowl of food on the table. He turned to face me as we both sat on the couch. “I mean, are you sure you could go through all of that again? It kills me to see you hurt like that.”

I stared in to Kevin’s grey-green eyes, worry filled them. A flood of tears gushed down my ashen pale cheeks, the mascara staining my cheeks. He was right; could I stand that pain all over again? Kevin wrapped his big, strong arms around me. He told me everything would be okay, even though I knew it wouldn’t. Either way, I’d lose her.

“Do you have to leave?” I asked between sobs. Having Kevin here would make it much easier. “I don’t want you do go.”

“I’d love to stay here with you but I can’t. I’ve got to be home tomorrow,” he told me. My head sat in the crook of his neck, my tears getting it wet.

“Please stay, I can’t get through this without you... It’s just not possible!” I pleaded, the tears flowing freely from the rims of my eyes. “There’s a gig tomorrow, you can come!”

“Cass, I want to stay here... but I just can’t, okay?” I sat up, my weary eyes staring in to his until he pulled away, looking away from me. There was something he wasn’t telling me.

“What’s happened?” I asked him. “What’s going on at home?” My feelings compressed in to a big sigh. “If you’re not going to tell me you might as well leave.”

“Look, Cassie, I’m sorry! I really am... It’s just...” he held on my both of my hands and locked his eyes on to mine. “It’s Rachel... She’s pregnant.”

“What?” I asked, taken back by this huge news. “Since when and how? I thought you said she was acting strange with you?”

“She was... because I got her pregnant,” he admitted. I could lecture him about how this could jeopardise his future but he looked worried as it was.

“Whoa, this is big...” I said, mostly to myself. “Tell Kirsten, I’m sure she’ll support you both.”

“I can’t. She can’t tell her parents yet, either,” I gave him a questioning look. What was so bad? He’s twenty-one. “You’re probably going to hate me for this... She’s younger than me. She’s much, much younger than me. She’s sixteen.”

“Oh my god...” I said in a high pitched tone. How could he be so stupid? Dating a sixteen year old is legal but sexual contact isn’t. “Shit. You’re in shit.”

“I know... but she needs all the support I can give her. I love her, Cass. That’s why I can’t stay,” he explained, looking in to my eyes. “I was stupid and reckless. It was her idea... I just went along with it. I didn’t think this would happen.”

“Kevin, you could get put behind bars! This could ruin you! You wanna hope her parents are okay with it...” I sighed. You could say I was worried for Kevin... but I think I was more worried about losing him, whether it was to the police or Rachel.

“About that... her dad’s a cop,” he informed me. That’s bad, really bad.

“Oh, Kevin... You mean Rachel Newbury from the grade above me? You could get arrested for rape... How could you not have seen this coming?” I almost yelled, but remembered to keep my voice down as my mum was upstairs. Kevin just shrugged his shoulders, looking ashamed of himself. “You’ve got to tell Kirsten and Jack. They’ll be mad, but you deserve it. They won’t be mad for long, though.”

“I know and I will, when the time is right,” he assured me. I just nodded. “Anyway, I better get going... I hope you decide to come home, we all miss you.”

He stood up and straightened out his jeans and I did the same, taking his hand. I still didn’t want him to go, but at the same time, I knew he had to. He pulled me in to a hug and planted a kiss on my forehead. I forced my eyes shut to refrain from the tears, but they still came. As soon as he left, I’d be alone. I’d be too worried about my mum and if anything happened. Heck, I probably wouldn’t go to that gig tomorrow.

After Kevin and I’s long embrace, he left the house. I shut the door behind him, feeling empty inside. When Kevin was here, it was like everything was better. Now he was gone, so was the happiness. I walked up the stairs and peered in to my mum’s room, the door was slightly ajar. She was fast asleep. I crept over to my room and climbed in to my bed, not wanting to wake her. I checked my phone, it read: 1:02AM. I hadn’t realised it had gotten so late. I tried to get to sleep, but I couldn’t. I felt scared, what if I woke and my mum was dead? I decided to text Jess.

‘When r u coming home?’ I hit send and within a few seconds, I got a reply.

‘Not 2night, c u 2morrow babe.’ I let out a huge sigh. I really couldn’t spend tonight alone. As much as I didn’t want to, I decided to text Nathan.

‘Nate, I need u. Come over please?’ as soon as I pressed send, I regretted it. Did I need him here? I snapped out of thoughts as my cell buzzed in my hand.

‘Sure, I’ll b 5 minutes.’ I let out a relieved sigh. At least I wouldn’t be alone.

I looked at my phone, it had been exactly five minutes and Nathan wasn’t here yet. I began to get a little impatient; I couldn’t stand being alone any longer. To my luck, just as that thought passed, I heard a knock. I scurried over to the door, letting Nate in. Worry filled his eyes as he looked around the room.

“What happened?” he asked, looking around the room still. I ignored his question and slammed myself in to his chest, positioning myself in an awkward position. “Lil, what is it?”

“Nothing... I just- I need you here,” I told him, avoiding the conversation. “I can’t sleep.”

With that, Nathan led me up to my room. Once we were in there, he picked me up and gently put me down on my bed. He took his shoes off and crawled to get in beside me. I had already felt better. Not being here alone was all I wanted. I whispered ‘thanks’ in to Nate’s ear. I moved around in the bed a little but I couldn’t get comfortable. Nathan’s jeans were rubbing against my bare legs.

“Nate,” I whispered, turning around to face him. He murmured an ‘mm’ sound, as if to say yes. “Take your trousers off please, they’re making me uncomfortable.”

He hopped out of the bed and I closed my eyes, taking advantage of the space I had. I heard his trousers plop on to the floor and within a few seconds, he was right beside me again. His warm legs were touching mine. That felt great. I opened my eyes to see a pair of brown ones staring at me. I looked at his lips to see a smile printed on it. I couldn’t help but return the gesture. He cupped me in his arms, making me feel warmer and secure. I wanted him so bad it was unbearable. I felt his warm breath touch my skin making me feel cosy. I could barely see his lips in the dark room but I surely wasn’t missing this opportunity. I pressed my lips on to his. I just wanted to stay there the whole night. Just that would have been good for me.

“Lily,” he whispered after pulling away from my lips’ reach.

“Don’t talk, please,” I whispered back, smiling seductively before leaning in for another kiss. Just those soft lips on mine were enough to keep me happy. I let out a gasp as Nathan bit my bottom lip. He took it as an opportunity to explore the insides of my mouth. I wrapped my hands around his neck, still passionately kissing him as I did. I felt his hand make its way down my back. He moved it down to the end of my shorts, slowly trying to pull them down. I let go of his neck and reached for his arm to move it.

“Sorry,” he apologised, pressing his forehead against mine.

“Don’t be,” I told him, smiling with my eyes shut. 

A/N: What did you think? Don't forget to comment!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

10.9K 358 13
IN WHICH Y/N L/N had written a song (Slow Dancing In The Dark) exactly one week before she checked her Spotify profile. Overwhelmed by the amount of...
5.9K 169 22
"Deja, I see you!" Logan yelled, shutting me up. "I've always seen you. I don't give a shit about your past or your job. I never did! Could you stop...
525K 24.8K 58
Rose and Jayden are very much different yet very much alike. They've always disliked each other, ever since they were kids. After years of fighting a...
148K 4.8K 70
Juliet Hayden Summers is not a popular girl. She is bullied, harassed & a human punching bag in school & out. Having drug addict parents & a Step-Bro...