Yugioh Gx special season 3

By Lumaking7

A sequel to Yugioh gx season 2. Tara and Jaden had finally saved the earth from the light of destruction and... More

Info!!
Background Story!!! How Jesse and Ember meet!
School start and new transfers?!
Fire vs. Heroes! The danger with Axel!!
Who is strongest? Beasts vs. Dinos!
On the ninth cloud! or not! Adrian Vs. Chazz! part 1
On the ninth cloud! or not! Adrian Vs. Chazz! part 2.
Infiltration, Spies, Danger and Scab Scar Knight! part 1
Infiltration, Spies, Danger and Scab Scar knight! part 2
Trapped by a trapper? can love conquer it all?!
Twins against Viper! part 1. the beginning!
Twins against Viper! part 2 the end!!
Stranded in another dimension! with duel spirits?!
The submarine adventure!! Danger is lurking everywhere!!
The duel for food! triple play of emotions part 1
The duel for food! triple play of emotions part 2.
Stop Marcel?! the decoy duel Chazz vs. Jaden!
Gathering energy! Dragons and beasts equals two crystals with one heart beat.
Duel against Marcel part 1 The twins vs Marcel!
Duel against Marcel part 2 Jaden and Jesse vs Marcel
Departure and horrified flash from the past
In a new dimension, new order and new rules. Jaden vs. the sky Scout.
Dark army and Reunion!!
Fiends and Warriors. Jaden's struggling duel against Zure!
Orbs and pages! Jaden Vs Brron, mad king of dark world.
Travel, Duel and a King?!
The saga of Syrus and Ember!
Attack on the village. Jim the defender?!
Escaping offer you can't refuse?!
Unpleasant surprise?! Jim vs. the supreme king Haou. Part 1.
Unpleasant surprise?! Jim vs. the supreme king Haou. part 2.
Cowards, Courage, Sidekicks and Heroes.
Training, Plots and Services, Zane and Tara's second meeting.
Spies, Infiltrations and Plans?! Axel vs. Skull Knight!
Events. Wait What?! I got tagged?!
Surprising Events. Secrets about the king.
What lies beneath the surface. Axel vs. the supreme king part 1.
What lies beneath the surface. Axel vs. the supreme king part 2.
The forbidden ritual part 1.
The forbidden ritual part 2.
Prophecies, gems and dragons part 1
Prophecies, gems and dragons part 2
A battle of clashing titans part 1
A battle of clashing titans part 2.
Fighting, for the sake of our friends part 1.
Fighting, for the sake of our friends part 2
Double confrontation. The fight against destiny part 1.
Double confrontation. The powers awakening part 2.
Double confrontation. Struggling with the power of friendship part 3.
Double confrontation. Visions from the past. part 4.

Horrified memories and vampires?

977 14 6
By Lumaking7

A,N: Well here is the next chapter. Hope you like it. Please comment on what you think. Beware that my twins has serious trauma in this chapter. Just so you know.

Tara's p.o.v.

Tara sighed deeply while leaning into the comfortable embrace it was being in her boyfriend's arms. They were currently all inside some cave to take cover for a sandstorm who was raging outside. After they have had their showdown with Adrian, the group had continued on their journey to find Jesse. Or more like Jaden was and the others had followed. No one was leaving him this time. This time Jaden had his friends. He was not alone. They had arrived in this white sandy wasteland soon after and then they had to take cover for this storm outside. Everyone knew Jaden didn't want to. If it stood to him, they were all outside, with or without storm, looking for Jesse. How they actually manage to get Jaden in here and calm down was beyond Tara right now. However Jaden was sitting in this cave together with them. He was closest to the entrance, so he quickly could leave when the storm settled, but Tara could see he was really impatient. Crowler, Ember and Syrus had made a tiny campfire and they were all more or less around it. Tara was sitting on Zane's lap right now. Her boyfriend had protective warm arms around her. Normally Tara would relax into it. She loved being in Zane's embrace after all, but this time she just couldn't relax. She was worried about her twin. She was worried about Jaden. Even though Jaden looked like had recovered, Tara knew differently. He might be psychically, but mentally. She was not so sure about that.

"Tara, what is wrong?" she could hear Zane say "You are tense". Tara let out a sigh.

"I am worried Zane" she admitted and looked at Jaden. Zane followed her gaze.

"Oh, so why are you sitting here then?" He replied and roamed a finger through her hair "You know I would understand if you needed to talk and be with Jaden".

"I can't" she said slowly "I don't deserve to be in his presence. I let him down when he needed me the most. I am the worst". Zane hummed and lifted her chin a little.

"Look at me Tara, you are not the worst. Jaden doesn't hate you. Actually I think he is as worried as you are. I catched him looking over here once in a while. I believe he feels guilty as well. Go over and talk to him". Tara shook wildly his head.

"I can't, I am the reason Jaden is so tormented right now" she said and hit her face at Zane's chest "Jaden is not feeling well. I can feel it. Please Zane, can't you help him instead of me?". Zane sighed and roamed a hand through her hair once again.

"Easy Tara, easy, calm down" He said and tried calming her down. She slowly did that. Then she looked up at Zane again with begging eyes.

"Fine I will try, what do you want me to do then?" He replied. Tara bit her lip.

"Duel him" she then whispered "I don't think Jaden is mentally ready to duel again".

"Duel him?" He questioned confused "You know how I duel Tara. I will show him no mercy. That doesn't chance, even for your brother you know?". Tara nodded slowly.

"Tara look at me" Zane then said firmly and made Tara look up at him. His dark blue eyes was gazing just as firmly at her "You are afraid to duel aren't you?". Tara jerked by that. She looked shocked now. Zane growled a little by that.

"I knew it" he proclaimed "I had my suspicions for a while. Every day when we camp for the night, everyone else is checking their deck through to make sure they are ready for whatever duel monster who might show up. Beside you and Jaden. Jaden has never touched his deck once since we traveled. However you Tara. It is worse. You haven't touched a duel disk since then. Tell me why you are afraid of dueling". Tara bit her lip. She hadn't told anybody about what she saw in the village. Not even Zane, although he was there as well. However he and Aster had left after their encounter with Haou. They hadn't seen the destruction he caused. Hadn't seen the duelist die with so much fear. The king even made her duel some of them and with the king so close she couldn't refuse. After that Tara dreaded the sight of holding a duel disk and having a deck on her. It didn't help with the duel yesterday with Adrian and Aster. It just reminded her how much she didn't want to duel ever again. Tara looked at Zane. But maybe Zane will understand? Will he truly care? She was about to open her mouth when a terrified scream filled the cave.

"Ahr I can't take it anymore" Jaden yelled up in frustration "I can't sit here. I need to do something. Jesse needs my help and you can't stop me". Before anyone could do or say anything, Jaden rushed out in the sandstorm. The others rushed up on the feets.

"Jaden!" yelled Crowler after Jaden "We have no idea where Jesse is. What about relaxing and think this one through". Tara and Zane rushed to their feets too.

"Judging by the fact that he ran out in the middle of nowhere doing a sandstorm. I think it is safe to say that Jaden is done thinking things through" Yellow replied.

"Well I am amazed that we even got Jaden to stay in here for that long" Syrus added.

"Well Jaden noticed Tara was tired" Ember said and looked at Tara "She is his safe line". Tara bit his lip by that and then clenched her fist. Then she rushed out after him while yelling Jaden's name. She was not leaving Jaden this time. Not ever!

Jaden's p.o.v.

Jaden just couldn't sit still. He just couldn't. He needed to go. He needed to do something. He was actually amased that he could sit still that long in the cave. However Syrus and Ember had convinced him that Tara needed rest, and in that moment he knew his twin needed just that. He could feel it from her. They haven't been able to feel much from each other since the events with the king, but at least Jaden could feel something. That she was tired and that she was an emotional mess like himself. Why she was that he didn't know, but it was enough for Jaden to know that Tara needed rest. He always made sure Tara was cared for. He has always done that in the past, but after the events with the king, he was extra careful. Even through he kept his distance at the same time. He had promised himself that he never ever hurt her again. Haou may have been the one doing the deeds, but it was still Jaden's own hand's that had hurt her. He had tossed her in the dungeon cell providing Haou with the information on his sister's weakness. He had hurt her in all these duels and done many other things that right now hurt Jaden's conscience a lot. That was the reason he couldn't sit still. Every time he did, his thoughts wandered to things he just didn't want to remember. Jaden just felt he needed to do something all the time, and finding Jesse was the trigger to it all. Or in this case keep him running. It kept his mind fixated and away from his past memories.

"Jaden!" he could hear the others yell. He saw Tara run towards him doing the storm. Zane and the others were right behind her. The wind was blowing harshly and it was hard for them to move to close to him. Jaden couldn't even move that much forward. However regardless that Jaden still continued, knowing his friends were somewhere behind him. Or so he hoped.

"Come on everybody, stick together" Jaden yelled to them.

"Stick together" he could hear the faint voice from yellow "What about we just stay in one piece?". Jaden ignored the comments. He ignored that Crowler said they couldn't continue like this. He even ignored the cries from his sister now. Something in the storm had caught his attention. Pictures and screams filled the air now. Jaden was not sure if he was imagining it or not, but he saw pictures of his death friends.

"Chazz, Alexis, Hassleberry, Atticus!" Jaden yelled confused and closed his eyes. The storm is playing tricks on me, but I was sure I heard them scream.

"Jaden we can't go on, the storm is too strong" Ember then yelled and Jaden felt sand all around him. He looked around, but there were no place to take cover. They were trapped in the sandstorm.

When Jaden woke up again. He was covered in sand somewhere, but at least there were no storm. Winged Kuriboh was beside him again, and the little furball looked worried at his master and friend. He looked around and the first thing he saw was this decorated old gate or door with creepy gargoyles on the top. Jaden looked fascinated at it. The rest of the crew was also there in the background. Syrus was pulled out of the sand by Ember, while the rest of them also looked at the gate.

"What is that?" Crowler questioned.

"It is a giant door of some kind" Zane commented and frowned. No one was liking this. Jaden looked up at the door. His mind was fixated on the door and nothing else.

"Jesse got to be in there" he murmured and walked closer. The others did not like it.

"Where is he going?" Crowler questioned. The others shrugged.

"Who knows?" Syrus said. He was not liking this at all.

"Jaden, stop!" yelled Tara, and walked a little forward, trying to make Jaden stop. When that didn't work, she looked at Zane. Jaden was almost at the door, when Zane sneered. He rushed over there and tossed one of his shock collars at him. It landed at the top of the stairs just before the door actually. It let out a electric spark, who in some way woke up Jaden. He looked stunned at his friends now.

"Your sister told you to stop. When she says stop, you stop, got it!" Zane sneered.

"Zane, what are you doing?" Jaden questioned. Zane snort.

"What you are doing here is foolish Jaden" He continued "You can't rush into things". Jaden looked surprised at his friends.

"But Jesse..".

"Can not be helped" Zane interrupted "At least not by you I am afraid. You are still weak, and who knows what is through that door. You got to be ready for anything that comes up". Jaden looked stunned at him. He hadn't thought about that.

"Jaden, last time you dueled unprepared the supreme king took a hold of you, and a lot of bad things happened. You lost your way because you were desperately looking for Jesse and Tara" Zane continued. Jaden looked surprised at him. That might be true, but.. Jaden looked away. He didn't want to think about that now.

"I know, but Jesse needs me and I did find my sister again" he replied and turned towards the door "I promise I will be more careful this time". Jaden turned towards the door again, but the collar didn't let him. It let out yet another spark.

"Come on" Jaden proclaimed annoyed and turned towards Zane again.

"It is for your own good Jaden" Zane replied and snort.

"You can't stop me" Jaden sneered a little angry. Zane snort at that.

"Yes I can, and I am not afraid to show you how either" He proclaimed and was holding his duel disk up in front of him "That is if you are brave enough, well are you Jaden?". At that Jaden looked stunned at the duel disk. He wanted a duel? Why?

"What is Zane doing?" Crowler questioned "Can't we just all get along?".

"This is for his own good" Tara said slowly "Zane will prove to Jaden that he is not ready to duel". Jaden looked surprised over at his sister. For once in all the time they had been traveling together, Tara actually met his gaze. She looked determined.

"Jaden, If you can defeat me you are free to go through that door" Zane told him.

"Defeat you? But what about the wish threads and stuff like that?" Jaden questioned.

"Well your sister states that we both just have to wish for a practice duel, then no harm would be done to us" Zane replied coldly "So are you up for it. You have to prove that you are strong enough. To prove that you are still not haunted by what you did, when you were the supreme king". Then Zane activated his duel disk and Jaden knew he couldn't get out of this battle.

"Okay then.." he said slowly.

"Oh and Jaden I am not holding anything back" Zane warned him. The others quickly moved out of the way to give them space to duel. The practice duel began.

Jaden: 4000Lp.

Zane: 4000Lp.

Zane started off. He summoned "Armored cybern" in def mode and placed a facedown card. He then turned to Jaden.

"You are up Jaden" he told him. Jaden sighed deeply.

"If I have to.." he said and activated his disk as well. "I draw..". Jaden looked at the card in his hand. He was holding 'sparkman', 'spark blaster', 'Hero barrier', 'E- emergency call' and 'Polymerization'. He had just drawn Clayman from his deck. Alright, I can do this. Now which card.. Jaden never finished the thought. When he looked in his hand he spotted 'Polymerization' and horror filled his eyes. Pictures flashed through his mind now. Memories of his time as the king. He saw flames, heard people scream in pain and anguish. He saw the monster 'E. H. Inferno wing' standing in the flames. She was ready to attack. Polymerization, but.. another picture flashed through his mind. He saw the king. In some way himself in the flames.

"You must use it's power" could he hear the king yell at him. Jaden looked horrified and shook his head. No, no, I can't. It's power hurt to many people.

"I just summon clayman, in attack mode" Jaden said quickly and placed the monster on the disk. Zane eyes narrowed. The others looked stunned as well.

"Attack mode? What are you doing Jaden? You know that monster is much better in defense mode, what were you thinking?" Zane said in a cold tone. Jaden was shaken a little by that. He quickly placed three facedowns and ended his turn.

"But what about fuse monsters?" Yellow questioned confused.

"Something is not right" Syrus added and Ember nodded.

"Looks like Tara and Zane's suspicions were true. Jaden is scared" Ember pointed out. Zane snort and glared at Jaden. It was his turn and like he said he was not going easy on him. Therefore he used 'power bond' right away, fusing his three cyber dragon's into 'Cyber end dragon'. The others looked stunned at it.

"Ah, Tara stop Zane please" Yellow pleased scared. Tara shock her head.

"This needs to happen" she said in a low voice. Jaden looked scared up at the dragon. Because Zane had used power bond, his dragon's att was doubled (4000-8000 att)

"Are you just gonna stand there? Come on. Aren't you gonna do anything to try and stop me?" Zane yelled annoyed at Jaden. He was backing slowly away from the dragon. Zane sneered "Fine then, if you are not gonna do anything, I will!". He used one of Cybern armored eff. It equipped itself to cyber end dragon. Then he told Jaden about Cybern's second eff. By decreasing cyber end dragon's att by 1000, he could now destroy a card on the field.

"Go judgement cannon" Zane yelled and made his monster ready to fire "This might wake you up!". The cannon's destroyed Clayman. Jaden looked in horror when his monster left the field. He was not liking this at all.

"And I will do it over and over again" Zane proclaimed "Unless you stop me". His dragon lost yet another 1000 att and fired its cannon again. It hit one of Jaden's facedown's who happened to be 'spark blaster'.

"This is exactly what I thought would happen" Zane sneered at him "You could have countered my attack, but you were to afraid to equip spark blaster to sparkman last turn". Jaden looked at sparkman's card in his hand and nodded slowly, confirming that Zane was correct. At that Zane snort again.

"So what else are you holding back?" he questioned and made his dragon lose yet another 1000 att and fired its cannon. It hit Jaden's facedown trap card 'Hero barrier'.

"Hero barrier?" Zane questioned confused "Why wouldn't you play that card? It could have stopped my dragon. Why are you playing so afraid? Where is the Jaden that I know and duel?". Jaden sneered a little, but his eyes were filled with sadness. He just couldn't stop being afraid. How did he expect him to?

"Let's see what else are you hiding" Zane proclaimed and his dragon lost yet another 1000 att and fired its cannon. He hit Jaden's facedown spell "E-emergency call".

"That was the spell emergency call, which means you could have summon sparkman and if you throw in spark blaster and hero barrier, you could have stopped my attack and destroyed my cybern last turn" Zane told him in a cold tone. At that news the hard fact of reality came crashing down on Jaden and he fell down on his knees.

"Do you know what you are Jaden? A shadow of the duelist you once were" Zane yelled back at him.

Tara's p.o.v.

Tara looked at the duel who was unfolding. She must admit that she was little surprised. She knew Jaden was emotionally hurt. She knew he properly couldn't duel correctly, but didn't know how much. She thought Zane was enough to kind of give him a wake up call, but apparently this was much deeper than she thought. Now she actually wondered if Zane had been the right choice for this. Syrus and Ember could maybe duel, but give Jaden the right challenge, she was not sure. And Dr. Crowler. Well he was counted out by the fact alone that he couldn't survive this world without Echo. She actually wondered if Crowler had his deck on him? Which only lead to two duelists. Her and Zane. Tara bit her lip. Maybe I should have dueled him? Zane is all to rough on him. Secondly I know Jaden's pain..but..Tara let a hand slide to backpack, where her decks and duel disk were. She hadn't touched any cards yet, beside Marshmellow, but the little spirit popped up when it wanted to and left it's card in Tara's hand, before disappearing again. Tara shock her head. I can't. Jaden and I are apparently the same. We can't get passed it. I.. we can't duel correctly.

"You can't rescue Jesse like this" Zane pointed coldly out to her brother. Tara sighed. She knew that was true. She couldn't do much either. In the background she could hear Ember and co discuss why Jaden wasn't dueling like himself. Tara bit her lip. She took a step forward. She had to call this duel off. Zane were to rough on him. However before she could do that, Jaden finally spoke. He was still kneeling at the ground, looking completely scared and shaken.

"You were right Zane, I am not ready" He said slowly. He was trembling. "When I was the supreme king, Haou used.. we used the power of polymerization to destroy everything in our path. Now I am too afraid. Too afraid that I won't be able to control it". Tara looked shocked at him. She also noticed that he had dropped the fusion card on the ground too. So he remembered everything the king did? This is not good at all.

"But Jaden, that was the past. That card can also do good" Zane tried telling him, but either Jaden didn't listen or he denied the fact that it was true as well. Tara sneered. She was gonna tell him a thing or two. She was about to go over there and grab him and shake some sense into him, but at the end she hesitated. Was she really allowed to do that? Trying to shake some sense into Jaden and make him face his own fear, when she couldn't get over hers? Was that fair at all? Luckily she didn't need to think about that because suddenly something happened. Zane had just yelled that Jaden should get out of the way and that he was going through that door, when suddenly his dragon disappeared and the duel ended. Zane then fell down to his knees as well.

"Syrus, Tara, he is hurt" Jaden yelled up. He looked scared at Zane. Tara rushed over to him and noticed that he had grabbed around his chest, where his heart was. She looked scared at Zane. Then back at Jaden. Then at Zane again. She didn't know what was going on, but it was clearly shown that Zane was badly hurt in some way.

"Just promise me, that whatever happens, going forward" Zane then told Jaden in a rasping groaning voice "You will conquer your fear, before you go searching through that door". Tara noticed that Jaden looked stunned by his words. Then he nodded. He slowly got up on his feets and gathered his dropped cards. Then he began leaving.

"Jaden, Zane, what's going on?" Tara asked confused. She looked from Zane to Jaden. "Jaden where you going?". She was about to go with Jaden, when Zane weakly grabbed her hand. Zane had a begging look in his eyes.

"I am not sure" replied Jaden then and looked at her "I am going for a walk, but Tara stay here. Zane doesn't look to good". Tara nodded slowly. Then Jaden turned around and began walking away. Syrus and the rest of the group rushed over to Zane as well.

"Zane we are coming" Crowler yelled and Syrus tossed a blanket over him "What happened?". Tara noticed Syrus and Ember follow Jaden with the eyes before they all turned their attention to Zane. He was gasping for air and clenching his chest with his hand. He looked really hurt. Tara was also sure he looked paler. She just couldn't stand there and do nothing. She kneeled down to his level and hugged him. It was the only thing she could think of. She hoped it calmed him down. Slowly she could feel Zane lean into her touch. He had placed his chin at Tara's shoulder and was slowly getting his breathing under control. Then Tara could feel him beginning to relax. She let slowly go of him. Zane had taken one of her hands in his, while the other was holding around the blanket. Then he looked at them all. Tara and co. looked concerned at him. Tara even had some couple of tears shown in her eyes.

"Zane, what happened?" Crowler asked again. Zane smiled a little weak smile.

"My.. my heart is weak" he then said "All those duels, fighting in the underground has finally taken their toll on me". Tara eyes widened in shock.

"You.. you what?" she said. That was actually the only words she could get out with at first. Zane looked a little worried at her before he turned to Syrus.

"Syrus, keep an eye out on Jaden, because he is gonna need you more than ever" he then proclaimed. Syrus nodded slowly and was about to leave, when Ember grabbed his hand as well. Ojama and Syrus looked puzzled at her.

"Let me go with you" she told them and looked at Tara. Then Ember bowed down and grabbed her hands "I know you are in a dilemma now Tara. Therefore I am gonna solve it for you. You are gonna stay here with your sweetheart Zane, while I take your place and take care of Jaden, for now okay?!". Tara looked up at Ember and weakly nodded. She was still a little shocked. Then they both hanked up in their backpacks and began following Jaden. He was still visible in the horizontal.

"Tara are you okay?" Zane questioned a little worried "You have been staring out in the air for some time now". Tara turned her eyes at her boyfriend and by that finally got out of her shocked state. She looked a little angry at Zane.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she sneered and crossed her arms "You never told me you had a weak heart. You never told me you were sick, why?". Zane smiled a tiny smile.

"I didn't want to worry you" he said slowly. Tara's eyes widened.

"You don't trust me, is that it? I am your girlfriend and then you don't tell me something like that?" she sneered and glared at him "I could have helped you. I could have done something. I could have made sure you are not sitting on the ground now..". Zane interrupted her by kissing her on the lips. They then pulled back.

"And that is the reason I didn't tell you" he proclaimed and sighed "You would act just like you do now. You are having pity on me and been worried, even when you shouldn't". Tara looked at him with tears in her eyes. Then she gave him a big hug.

"But you shouldn't have dueled now" She said slowly "Why didn't you refuse?".

"Tara" he said weakly and removed a lock and some tears from her face "You can't duel now can you? No one else could give Jaden his wake up call". Tara nodded slowly. She let go of Zane and Crowler lay him down on the ground.

"But still it was noble of you to risk your health for Jaden" Crowler said.

"Hmf, Crowler Jaden may be our only hope" Zane replied and took Tara's hand "Together with you Tara. If you two work together no one can stop you. Promise me that you two will solve your problems together". Tara nodded weakly.

"I promise Zane. I promise" she replied and took his hand.

Baou's P.o.v.

At the top of the door, near the goblin statues was a "Horn imp" sitting. He was spying on the group without them noticing. When he had observed how Jaden couldn't duel and left the group, as well as noticing that Tara couldn't duel, the little imp flew away and over to his master, who was standing a little away so he wouldn't be noticed. Baou, the vampire and former death duelist was still there. People may have been forgotten about him, but he was still there is this dark world.

"Yeah, it is true master" the little imp whispered in his ear and grinned.

"Wonderful news. Poor Jaden, the king's host, is powerless and his sister is too afraid to duel" Baou said and smirked "Which of course means that it is time to make my move. As a extra bonus, the ones who stopped me before is too weak as well. This time I will claim Tara and make her mine. Which means her powers is as well. As for the king's little host. We two still have a little score to settle". Then he began laughing like hell. Everything was going according to his plan.

Jaden and friends p.o.v.

Jaden was wandering around in the sandy terrain with no goal of whatsoever. Syrus, Ember and Ojama yellow was right on his tail in the background, but Jaden was too occupied to notice. Thoughts were running through his mind while walking, which made him forget almost everything around him. The only thing he knew was that his faithful friend and spirit winged kuriboh was flying beside him. He was following him with a concerned look on his face. Jaden was just happy for his company. What did Zane mean with that I should conquer my past? He shook his head and stopped up. In front of him was some kind of ruins of a destroyed village. Jaden didn't know what name it was. He didn't even know where he was. However he could see the destruction all around here. This village, how could I cause all this destruction? What have I done? Those poor people. There is nothing left but rubble. In that moment memories flashed through his head. Pictures Jaden dreaded seeing.

"I play polymerization!" He could hear the king yell and suddenly everything around Jaden was on fire. Jaden instantly closed his eyes. When he opened them again everything was luckily back to normal. The village was still destroyed, but at least there were no fire. All this destruction. It is my fault. I gave myself up to the king. How can I ever duel knowing that all this might happen again.

"Kuri, kuri" he could hear Kuriboh say worriedly. Jaden looked at his partner. Then he looked at the ground. His body was trembling. I.. I can't look at this anymore. He began running away and Kuriboh followed. Ember, Syrus and Ojama watched as Jaden ran away from the ruined village. They all sighed.

"He really doesn't look too happy" commented yellow worried.

"That's cause Jaden is still filled with guilt" Ember replied "He needs to realise that everything happened here, isn't his fault".

"But how? That is easier said than done" Yellow added. Ember and Syrus nodded.

"Aha you are right" Syrus replied quickly "That's why we are here Ojama. To remind Jaden that no matter what happened before. His friends are gonna stand by him now".

Time skip.

Jaden had been walking for who knows how long and had arrived at yet another ruined village. However the difference was that he actually knew this place. Right now he was standing inside a former house. Jaden looked around with sad eyes. I know this place. It is the village of Sir Freed and his people, and this was the house of the young boy Kyle and his father. Jaden sighed a little, when he remembered how he had meet Freed and how Kyle's father had died. It was also here things had let up to his showdown with Zure, where Freed sacrificed himself to be part of Jaden's deck and later got sent to the start. Jaden sighed. He decided that since he was here, he could check out the camp where he dueled as well. This is the prison camp where I first came looking for Jesse, and it was here Zure got sent to the stars. Jaden sighed and left a little while later. I caused so much pain. Like before Ember, Syrus and Ojama Yellow were watching him from afar.

Time skip.

Jaden had continued his journey for a little while, when he noticed something in the horizontal. Since the sun now was in this world it was a lot easier getting around. Jaden sighed inside. That's Brron's fortress. Jaden decided to walk over there. It was here it all began. The events that let up to his meeting with Haou.

"Oh no, it's the arena where our friends got sent away" Syrus pointed out. However the crew still decided to follow Jaden. Soon they were all back there. Jaden standing in the middle of the arena. Just like last time, and Syrus and Ember was standing at the entrance. The only difference was that there were no Brron or fiends around. Jaden could feel wind all around him and pictures of his 4 sacrificed friends ran through his mind. He could still remember their screams. When the wind disappeared, Jaden looked up at the tribute. That was the place where my friends were chained up until they.. they all vanished.

"My friends are gone" Jaden then said out loud and let out a cry "They are all sent to the stars. Kuriboh, all of this is my fault". Then Jaden fell heartbroken down on his knees. Kuriboh tried to cheer him up and support him, but Jaden was too down to actually listen to the little monster. He was just so emotionally hurt right now.

"Why did I do it? What kind of friend am I?" Jaden mumbled slowly. Kuriboh gave out a little squeak of warning. A giant wind cyclone appeared in the arena now and evil annoying laughter could be heard. When the wind disappeared the vampire named Baou was standing in it's place. Jaden could faintly remember him as one of Haou's death duelists when he was the king, but that was about it.

"And you call yourself the supreme king" Baou said in a mockingly tone.

"I don't" Jaden replied and got up from the ground "He is long gone".

"I know. However you can still help me to get what I need" Baou replied and smirked "Because in some circuits you are still revered as a duelist of great statue. So you see, if I were to defeat you, a victory like this would accelerate my rise to power. Your loss will be my ultimate gain little Jaden. So what do you say that we shuffle up and duel for your crown". Jaden looked a little stunned at the vampire. Then he looked up at the place where his friends had been chained up and sent to the stars. Maybe this is my punishment? Maybe it is time I join all those friends I let down, and get sent to the stars myself? Jaden looked at his duel disk. He was not sure he even could duel yet. In the background Ember and Syrus looked surprised at what was happening. They all knew Jaden was not ready to duel yet.

"Uho, it is like Zane said, Jaden is to afraid to duel" Yellow commented.

"Well he better become unafraid and fast" Syrus replied in a worried tone "This guy means serious business". Ember nodded in agreement and looked at Jaden.

"Jaden don't duel him" Ember yelled and hopped Jaden heard her. However Jaden was not really listening. He was still looking at his duel disk. Why not? Maybe it is really my time to vanish?

Baou: 4000Lp.

Jaden: 4000Lp.

"Hehe, let's duel" Baou proclaimed and activated his duel disk "And I will go first". He started of his move by summoning "Fiend slime mold" in att. It only had 500 att. Then he ended his turn with a facedown. He looked at Jaden and grinned.

"I guess the rumors must be true" the vampire concluded. "You have lost your nerve. I was hoping for at least one round of fun". Jaden sighed and activated his disk.

"I guess it is my move" he said slowly "Not that it matters". Baou grinned evilly.

"Oh I matters greatly little Jaden" he replied and the wish thread appears "You will see soon enough. But what shall I wish for? Hmm what about this, when I win your life belongs to me. Then I can torture you and hurt you just as much as you did to me when you were the king. Then when I get bored you get sent to the stars". Jaden looked at him and sighed. If that's what he wants. I am not gonna stand in between. However why is it that all people wants to claim me?Jaden sighed again. He remembered when Sky, Zure and even Brron wanted to own him in some way. What could be so special about him? Jaden looked at his wish thread.

"Um and I.. I will save my wish" He slowly proclaimed. He had no idea what to wish for and it didn't actually matter. He was properly not gonna survive this anyway.

"Well then" Baou said and smirked "With that out of the way, continue your move Jaden". Jaden slightly nodded. He drew and looked at the cards in his hand. He was holding 'Burstinatrix', 'Wildheart', 'Bladedge', 'Hero mask', and 'feather shot'. Jaden jerked a little, when the card he just had drawn was 'Polymerization'.

"I summon burstinatrix" Jaden said slowly "And she will attack your fiend slime mold". Burstinatrix was about to attack, when Baou laughed once again.

"Haha, is that all you can muster up?" He questioned and smirked "Simply pathetic. I take it that it must be hard being afraid to use a card that once supplied you with unlimited power and boundless glory, but none the less. This duel must continue". He activated his trap "Gravity gain". It stopped Jaden's attack. It could stop any monster who was lv4 or below from attacking. Jaden sneered. There goes his attack.

"Without the ability to fuse, your deck it worthless. Kind of like you" Baou mocked and laughed evilly "And to think that you are part of the host, that once where the supreme king". Jaden looked puzzled at him. Part of king's host? What does he mean? Yes I was the king once, but that doesn't mean I am part of him does it? What does he mean by part of the host? Jaden looked at the vampire. He could properly ask him what he meant by that, but he didn't want the vampire to mock him even more. He deserved it yes, but that didn't mean he wanted to be mocked.

"I end my turn" Jaden said slowly "It is your turn". Ember and Syrus both sighed.

"Jaden got no chance" Syrus commented "Unless he can finally find the courage to forgive himself". Ember nodded.

"Do you think he will?" Yellow questioned. The other two shrugged.

"Well I hope so" Ember replied. The duel continued. It was Baou's turn. During his standby phase his slime mold's eff activates. By paying 500 life points, the vampire could now get another fiend slime mold to his field. However the vampire didn't stop there. He payed 1000 points so he could get two mold's on the field. Then he sacrificed two of them. One to make his gravity gain active and another one so he could summon his "Twinheaded beast" to the field. It was a lv 6 monster with 1700 att, so it was not affected by his trap. Baou made the monster attack and destroy Jaden's monster. Then he activated his monster's eff. The monster could attack twice in one round. His monster fired another beam of fire and Jaden screamed up in pain when the fire hit him. Baou laughed at him of course.

"I am finished" the vampire proclaimed in a mocking tone. Jaden shook the restly smoke of him and drew. His eyes were filled with horror. No not another fusion card. He had drawn the spell "Revoke fusion". He placed it away in his hand and looked at the other cards he had. Then he summoned "Wildheart" to the field. Jaden noticed Baou's stunned expression. Wildheart was immune to traps after all, but luckily for him his beast was still stronger than Jaden's monster.

"Syrus, Ember" said a voice suddenly and the group of friends jerked surprised. They turned around and saw that Bastion was standing beside them. He had just placed a hand on Syrus's shoulder. "It is me". Ember and Syrus looked surprised at him.

"Bastion?" Syrus questioned. He was happily surprised here. Tanja was right beside him. Both of them looked a little worried before they smiled at them.

"So how is the twins doing these days?" Bastion questioned "We heard they turned themselves into some kind of dark evil rulers". Tanja nodded and looked at Jaden.

"Bastion, Jaden certainly isn't playing the part very well" she commented "He doesn't look like he is the ruler of anything". Ember and Syrus nodded.

"He isn't the king" Ember replied "And Tara isn't supporting him. At least not any longer. However Jaden is still haunted by all the dark memories, and he is losing because of it". Bastion and Tanja looked horrified now.

"He is losing?" Bastion questioned shocked. Syrus and Ember nodded.

"That is right Bastion" Syrus began explaining "And he doesn't have a chance. You see Jaden is afraid to use any fusion cards, because of the destruction they caused when he was the supreme king".

"And if he doesn't play one now, he will lose" Ember pointed out. The group looked over at Jaden, who was right now staring at his card with that scared expression. It was still his turn, and Jaden was trying his hardest to play 'polymerization'. I just can't get passed it. These cards, they caused to much pain and suffering. I won't.. I won't use them ever again! He had just said that when pictures of his past as the king once again roamed through his mind. All that fire and destruction. Jaden was so scared. He closed his eyes. Fear was written in his face now. All those poor people. I just can't risk it. What if I turn into the king? What if I become like Haou if I do? No, I just.. I just can't win!

A,N: Cliffhanger sorry. I was actually thinking about ending this whole duel in this chapter, but then in the end I didn't. It would be too long of a chapter. Not because of a duel but with all the explaining I have. So sorry for the cliffhanger. As for the next chapter, Jaden and the vampires duel continue. Jaden get's some interesting news from Bastion regarding this dimension and the king. A certain prophecy is slowly beginning to show as well. Then we go to Tara and Zane. They get a visitor. A certain crystal user. Wonder what is happening hehe. Tara has some issues as well. Wonder if she ever gets able to duel again? Hope it all sounds interesting.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 377 14
Paradox wants to destroy the history of Duel Monsters, and one person who knew how to defeat this foe, Jemma Yun Yuki, the daughter of Jaden. She tr...
60.1K 606 34
I don't own Yu-gi-oh GX all rights go to Kazuki Takahashi. What if Jaden went to Duel Academy and was known as a big pro but decided to go back to sc...
2.2K 230 57
-COMPLETE-(BxB GxG) Things had all settled into place for the two couples. They were finally happy. Though that lasted around a day. With the cloud...
75.9K 1.7K 79
When you were young, you had everyday filled with happiness and laughter with your family. You thought nothing could ever go wrong. Until it did... D...