Being The Moonet

By endaysah

• Book ONE in the Elite series Lily Blue is an Elite, a group of 3 gifted females in the hidden werewolf soci... More

DISCLAIMER
Being The Moonet
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 5

49 3 0
By endaysah

Pic of Kara (Jessica Parker Kennedy)^^

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

My breathing grew more rapidly with each step-or run in this case. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I won't cry. I won't let the same stupid boy who broke my heart a year ago come back and do the same thing again. I may act as if I have a tough exterior on the outside, but I'm still a teenage girl. Sure I'm a special she-wolf and sure that's a major responsibility but I still have feelings, especially when it comes to relationships. I might not have much experience with that but I know that with love comes pain and a whole other lot of crap.

By this point, I grew tired and slid down the bark of a nearby tree. The tears I tried to well up now rolled down my cheeks, escaping my eyes automatically.

Why does these things keep happening to me. Whenever Chad's around I'm either heartbroken or angry. I don't even know how I feel now. Maybe a combination of both. I just know that Chad freaking Gordon is the cause of my misery.

I was bubbling with anger and took it out on another tree by smashing my fist into it. It broke into 2 from my impact and blue sparks ricocheted from it. Boys!

A twig snapped and based on the stupid sparks I was feeling I could tell Chad found me.

He kneeled down in front of me and brushed a stray lock of hair from my face. I pulled away even though his gesture calmed me down a bit.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

With a scoff I said, "That seems to be the only word you know around me,"

"It's one of the words you deserve to hear from me especially," he said back.

"Well I don't expect to hear it more than once,"

"I swear that every time I say it, I say it with meaning,"

"Maybe if you quit screwing up so much you could've said it just once with the whole gratitude." I finalized. My words left us both in silence.

"Did you two ever do it?" I asked randomly. I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about and I know that info like that is suppose to be personal but my mate probably had sex with another she-wolf and I just want to know if I'm right or not.

"Lily-" Chad said hesitantly before I interrupted him.

"Did you?!" My voice grew louder as I dreaded the answer to come. Chad looked frustrated as he ran a hand through his dark hair and heaved a sigh. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

"It was just a few times," he finally worked up the balls to say.

My heart pained at the info. Of course he had sex with someone else. It's not like I was around to satisfy his manly need.

"Look, it ment nothing. Lauren means nothing to me," Chad tried to tell me.

"Oh, so you played with her heart like you did mine?" Knowing I was right, he shut up. So I'm not the only heart Chad's probably broken.

"Why do you always do this to me, Chad?" My voice shook as all the emotions I was feeling started to fall freely. "Why do you keep on hurting me like this?"

I looked up and saw that his eyes were watery. He too looked hurt and something else flashed in those eyes of his. "You know it will never be my tendency to hurt you on purpose, Lily. Things happen, people make mistakes and sometimes they do all they can to fix them. And that's what I'm trying to do but it's like you won't let me," I continued to listen as Chad poured his heart out t

"I've been through a lot too," Chad continued. "The constant disdain towards me from other people because of my mistake. My wolf has been on edge too since that night. We've both been affected by the rejection and we both know what the pain feels like,"

All I could do was just to sit and listen to Chad's confession of what he went through. It's somewhat similar to mine and bet the hurt was just as excruciating.

"I've never had things easy since the day of the rejection. You might've thought that I'm the one that hurt you, but I'm not."

What the hell?!

"What do you mean?" I uncrossed my arms from my chest and sat up straighter.

"I-It's a long story," Chad looked down and pursed his lips. He's keeping something that involves both of us from me, and I don't plan on allowing him to just ignore it."Chad, tell me. Now." My voice was low but full of command.

He looked into my eyes and a swirl of emotions flashed. Sadness, regret, guilt. Frame...

Chad sighed and he looked as if he was suffering mental anguish. His expression made me yearn to touch him.

He moved from his crouching position and sat beside me, facing in front of us.

"The night of your 16th birthday was a total bust for both of us. I was happy that I could get my mate and you were too. But something-" Chad was cut off as a blonde wolf emerged and attacked me.

By the scent it carried I could tell she was a she-wolf who really wanted to hurt me.

I growled and tried to push her off me as Chad rose beside me and shifted into his dark wolf. He grabbed her by the scruff and threw her off me. That didn't stop her from resuming her attack though. Before I could shift she pounced on me, her claws already out, and slashed them across my left arm. I yelped in the burning pain and covered my arm.

Chad let out a vicious growl and again threw the wolf into a tree. By the impact, the tree broke in half. The wolf slumped to the forest floor and whimpered. Chad trotted slowly and cautiously to her and then it looked as if they were mind linking each other.

After a minute, Chad pulled the wolf up, sent me a sorry look and darted away with the she wolf.

I was completely stunned at what just happened. Chad left me here in the forest, bleeding and alone, to go away with another wolf. Why did he do that to me?

My mind was filled with questions on Chad's behavior as I forced myself up. I looked around before carefully shifting then ran in the direction of the pack house. My wolf was limping along the way but we made it.

I shifted back into human form and did my best to get inside. When I got in, I moved to the kitchen and found some of the pack members there.

"Oh my goddess!" Rachael yelled in surprising fear. "What happened Lily?" Soon everyone was clouding around me, demanding to know what happened.

"Go get the first aid kit, some clothes, and her father along the way." Mom ordered. She ripped off my shirt sleeve, exposing the deep wound that I got from that psycho wolf.

"Honey, what happened?" Mom asked me in a motherly concerned tone.

All I could do was to break down in front of everyone.

°°Chad's P.O.V°°

I threw Lauren harshly on the ground. Yes, Lauren is the wolf that attacked Lily and it's taking all my willpower to not rip out her throat.

"And you were such a gentleman to me." Lauren muttered in mind link and rolled her eyes, managing to pull herself from the ground.

"That's until I realized what a huge bitch you were." I fired and set myself in a crouching position.

Lauren had a glint in her wolf eye as she shifted back into her human form, leaving her completely nude. Of course, she wanted me to see her naked. She smirked before I turned away.

"You were never able to look away from me, especially not like this," I'm guessing she's gesturing to her body.

"Why did you bring me here again?" I impatiently asked. When Lauren and I mind-linked in the woods, she reminded me that she could easily kill Lily and the only way I could stop her was if I came with her. I know Lauren could kill Lily because she's one of the rare types of wolves. A Volten, to be exact. It's a kind of wolf with powers to reach into the mind and make people forget things. I know this because she did it to me once, but I managed to overpower it since I'm in line to be Alpha.

"You wanted to save Lily and the only way to do that was to come with me," Lauren strolled up to me, a seductive glint in her fiery eyes. Once she was close, she pushed her chest up to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "You remember all the fun we had together?" She stood on her toes and whispered in my ear, nipping on my earlobe.

My head started to spin and I had to blink several times. She's doing it. She's controlling my mind, again. I finally gained consciousness though and pushed her off me. Lauren just rolled her eyes, went behind a tree and took a pile of clothes on completed the look with a black leather jacket.

"Well I guess I can go now." I muttered, turned and started to walk away. A hand clasped my wrist, making me stop in my tracks.

"You're not leaving yet." She whispered and bit her lip. A glint appeared in her eyes for the second time, one that I knew all too well.

"No. Uh-uh. You and me are not happening." She tightened her hold and stepped forward. I stepped back and then she stepped forward again so I stepped back too. This went on until my back hit a tree.

"Oh, come on, Chad. You know you missed what we had." She said and ran her arm along my biceps.

"Lauren, just cut it out. I don't love you anymore." My words seemed to trigger something and she dropped her arms and moved away from me.

"Fine. Go." She demanded firmly. I wasted no time in getting the hell out of there!

°°°°

By the time I got back to the pack house, it was dusk. The house was silent, which was unusual for a pack of a thousand wolves. A few members were around but they never said anything. What is going on?

I decided to go to the kitchen to get a drink. As I stepped through the door frame, 2 hard punches flew in my face. I stumbled back and yelped in pain, holding the spots on my face that got hit.

"Hope that wakes you up from being stupid!" A familiar voice angrily yelled. When I looked up I saw Lily's friend, that Adam guy, and Taylor.

"What the hell!" I slowly stood up. "What was that for?"

"For Lily, you jerk!" Adam yelled and my eyes got darker. Before I could do anything I might regret, Taylor stepped in front of Adam.

"You are so freaking stupid!" I didn't even get to say anything since Taylor threw another punch to my face. Man, he's mad for his little sister.They were both going in for another attack when someone yelled for them to stop.

Lily shoved them off me, frowned and said, "What are you doing? Leave him him alone!" Her eyes were red and I could tell she was crying. Knowing how she was feeling made me angry. I'm such and idiot. I've caused her so much pain in the past and here I am doing it again. First I rejected her, hurting her in the process, and now here I am making her upset because I was with someone else, again hurting her. My actions towards her make me wonder if I even deserve her.

Lily cupped my cheeks, immediately working sparks all over my body. "Are you okay?" Her blue eyes stared into my brown ones.

"A bit better." I nodded and sighed.

"Good. Then this will hurt." I scrunched my brows in confusion, but it soon vanished when Lily punched me square in the jaw and I fell to the floor from the hard blow.

"That's for hurting me, you piece of - !" Were the last words I heard from Lily before I blacked out.

------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open and I gazed in front of me. Realizing I was in the pack hospital, I relaxed. Hearing a soft snore, I turned my head and saw Lily by my bedside sleeping. I nudged her and she instantly woke up. God, she's beautiful.

"Hey," she let out a small yawn.

"Hey," I said back. "How long was I out?"

"A day." She hung her head and I could tell that I passed out because of her hit.

"I don't get it," Hearing what I said, Lily looked up at me. "How is it that I got I got hit 3 times from 2 strong guys and didn't pass out, but when you hit me once I did?"

"You're underestimating me, Chad," Lily narrowed. I gave her a small 'sorry'. "I'm different." She muttered after a long pause.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing." I hate it when she does this. We're mates, we shouldn't have to keep things from each other. I just wish she could rely on me to confide in.

"We need to talk though," Lily started. "About what happened last year, about everything. We can't go on like this and I need answers."

I sighed. "What do you wanna know?"

"What happened at my party last year? Why did you reject me?"

"I-I don't know. See, when I rejected you something wasn't right. I never wanted to reject you, of course not. It was as if something-or even someone-was forcing the words out of my mouth. And after those words, I was never exactly the same. I found myself drinking constantly and even doing illegal things. But Lauren was the only one I was with."

Lily looked taken aback by my explanation but quickly recovered. "That thing or whatever that forced you to reject me, how did that feel?"

"It felt as if something was fighting me inside my body, as if it wanted to take control. My head started to spin and all kinds of crazy feelings, "I rubbed my eyes, remembering how I felt that night. It was obviously the worst I've ever felt.

"So you didn't want to reject me?" Lily concluded slowly.

"Of course not. You're my soul mate." I muttered. I looked up to see Lily's eyes soften.

"I-I-I don't know what to say," She wrapped her arms around herself and sat beside me on the bed.

"Chad, I'm so sorry. God I feel like such a jerk. I didn't even hear you out. I'm really, really sorry."

I leaned up more in my bed and placed my hands around her comfortingly. "It's okay, Lily. I've done a lot of things in the past that I regret, but that doesn't mean that I can't work towards a better future for the both of us." Lily stood up and hugged me. She gasped when sparks erupted over both of our bodies then she smiled.

"I've gotta get used to that," She gave me a grin that made my heart skip a beat.

"Oh, you will." I teased and we shared a laugh.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

My dad poked his head through the door then came in. "Am I interrupting anything?"

"No. I was just leaving, Alpha." Lily passed me a flirtatious smile and walked to the door, smiling at my dad while doing so.

"Well you two are warming up to each other," Dad smirked and took the seat beside the bed. I gave him a smile.

Dad gave me a long hard look before bluntly saying, "Did I raise an idiot?" I was confused by his question. "How could you let an amazing girl like Lily slip away once before? What were you thinking, son?"

"I didn't do it on purpose, Dad." I closed my eyes and rested my head on the headboard.

"What do you mean?" Now it was Dad's time to be confused.

"When I rejected her something was forcing me to do it. I had no control," My dad's eyes were as wide as saucers.

"Were there any side effects later on?" He questioned.

After thinking about it, I found my answer.

"Yeah, actually. My head was dizzy and it felt like a part of me was slowly fading," That day was weird. I puked up a lot too.

"Oh, dear goddess." Dad muttered quite frantically and ran a hand down his face. Something's wrong.

"What's up, Dad?" When he didn't answer, I demanded stronger.

He looked at me, fear quivering in his eyes. My dad's a strong Alpha, he shouldn't be so terrified of whatever it is he is terrified of. "There has to be a meeting right now!" He stood up abruptly and rushed towards the door.

"Dad!" I called after him. He turned to face me with an impatient look. "Would you please tell me what the hell is going on?!"

He hesitated before calming down. "You were under a spell. It's an old one that hasn't been used in years, until now. It's called Mate Fade,"

"So, a witch did that to me?" I asked. Dad nodded to my question and I continued. "Well, I'm coming for that meeting."

"No, son. You should get some more rest."

"I'm fine, dad. And I'm coming." I let him know that I wasn't going to stay here when my future pack and mate could be in serious danger. And could he argue?

"Alright," He said as I slid out of bed. "I'll let Brian know you're good." He walked out of the room.

"Pack meeting downstairs immediately!" I heard dad's voice command in the pack link. I hurriedly pulled on some clothes then rushed down stairs as fast as I could carry myself.

A large amount of the pack was already downstairs, awaiting the Alpha's next commands. There was a high hum of nervous chatter in the atmosphere as the wolves seem to know that something was wrong.

When I descended the staircase, all eyes turned to me. I just shrugged. I think I should let Dad explain. I went to stand by my mom.

"I know something's up. Tell me." She demanded.

I shook my head. "Please, mom. Just let Dad explain." She agreed with a sigh. The truth is, I don't know how to explain it. I wasn't taught about the Mate Fade and I don't know a lot about witches.

A few seconds later, Dad entered the room. All voices died down and the anticipation grew.

"Good evening, everyone," The Alpha's voice boomed. "I know you all know that something's wrong, and that's because it is. My son told me of something that happened in the past and I'm pretty much convinced that we will be taking on our biggest attack yet as it includes a witch."

Shocking gasps came from everyone in the room. The Beta quieted them down allowing Dad continued.

"Calm down, everyone! I'm not a hundred percent sure about this as the past event occurred a year ago. Now, that could either mean that the threat was put off, or it could mean that our enemy is just preparing or rounding up. Now that we know about this, we have to be extra careful, so that means not much of leaving the pack house. And we also have to have longer training sessions." Dad stated although that wasn't enough to calm everyone. Especially not me.

"Dad, what about me? Why would the witch cast a spell on me?" I asked, annoyed that I still didn't understand what happened to me.

"What witch? Would someone tell me?" Mom cut in and folded her arms, a serious look on her face.

"Some witch put him under the Mate Fade on the night of Lily's party. That's why he rejected her," Dad ran a hand through his hair and mom tried to take in what she had just heard. I looked over at Lily whose overall expression was complete shock. In long strides, I was by her side and wrapped her in my arms protectively. She hugged me back with a shaky breath.

"Why would someone do that?" Lily managed to question.

"I'm not sure but I do have a theory," All the attention was now on me. "Someone knows that I'll be Alpha soon, but that someone also knows that an Alpha male's weakness is his mate. My guess is that they tried the spell to break Lily and I apart." The little I just said seemed like a mouthful to digest as everyone went silent.

"Everything's gonna be alright, Chad. I can tell you that." Lily mindlinked me.

That was one that I doubted.

---------------------------

Heyyy! Thanks for reading btw. Let me know what you guys think about this story so far, yeah?
Please vote or comment or both.

-°°°ndasa°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581 44 19
<> BOOK ONE of The Forbidden Series <> The Night Fury and Lunar Eclipse packs have battled over territory for centuries. Chloe Gillman is the little...
93.2K 3.2K 49
BOOK 1 in 'Bridge Series' Crystal always considered herself to be unique, because it wasn't everyday that a human becomes part of one of the stronges...
3M 127K 54
[COMPLETED] Katrina Parker has never been normal, even by werewolf standards. An outcast, ostracized by her pack because of her unique Gift: the unca...
37 5 9
Lily started her life out rough, but she tried to not let it stop her from being happy, unfortunately with her unique qualities she is always haunted...