Why Me?

Bởi JRae728

Evangeline Summerton had always had a rough life. Her mother is a jobless tramp and abuses her physically and... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 The Begining
Chapter 2 Beckett's Life
Chapter 3 Settling in
Chapter 4 Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 5 Looks are Deceiving
Chapter 6 Falling in Love
Chapter 7 A Good Day Ends Badly
Chapter 8 More Questions Than Answers
Chapter 9 A Heart is Broken
Chapter 10 She Finally Breaks
Chapter 11 Feelings Fly Free
Chapter 12 Happily Ever After?
Chapter 14 The Party Part 1
Chapter 15 The Party part 2
Chapter 16 The Party: The Conslusion
Chapter 17 The Devil Finds Herself A King
Chapter 18 Predictions and Pain
Chapter 19 A Broken Boy
Chapter 20 The Hunt Is On
Chapter 21 Everything Comes With a Price
Chapter 22 Surprises Part 1
Chapter 23 Surprises Part 2
Chapter 24 Breaking Point
Chapter 25 The End?
Chapter 26 His Struggle
Chapter 27 A Pause In Time
Chapter 28 She's Safe But Is He?
Chapter 29 He Does Have A Heart
Chapter 30 Cuba
Chapter 31 She Has A Story Too
Chapter 32 Awakening
Chapter 33 Reopened Wounds and A Chance At Freedom
Chapter 34 The Hunt Is On
Chapter 35 Enlisting Help
Quick Note
Chapter 36 Going To Cuba
Chapter 37 They're Coming
Chapter 38 Life, Love, Pain

Chapter 13 A Devilish Plan

85 2 1
Bởi JRae728

Tyler

   “Tyler, clean up on aisle three, Tyler ta aisle three.” I was restockin’ the toilet paper when I heard Hector call my name over the intercom. I rolled my eyes an’ gritted my teeth as I made my way ta aisle three. I was actually doin’ my job, but Hector, all that lazy ass did was watch the cameras; I mean come on, how fair was that? I turned down aisle three ta see Nikki standin’ a few inches away from a broken jar of beets. “Great.” I thought ta myself as I back tracked ta the registers ta grab some paper towels.

     Nikki only came ta the store when she wanted somethin’ from me an’ every time she would ‘accidently’ drop or spill somethin’; it really pissed me off. I turned back down the aisle an’ saw that she was now leanin’ up against a column. Tryin’ ta ignore her, I bent down over the mess an’ began ta pick up the glass.     

     “Tyler, I need a favor.” She asked instantly. I just shook my an’ continued my work. She began ta click those goddamn heels of her boot on the tile an’ I became even more annoyed; she knew I hated it. But I tried ignorin’ her, remainin’ focused on wipin’ up the beet juice.

     “If you help me out, I’ll hook you up with Evangeline.” I abruptly stopped what I was doin’ an’ looked up at her. Her teeth were showin’, pearly white an’ all; her blood red lips were curled inta an evil smile.

     “Why would I want ta hook up with that nerd?” I said tryin’ ta smile off my fake words. Those words were the complete opposite of what I thought. I’ve been tryin’ to get with Evie since the first day I saw her in school. Actually, scratch that, when I first saw her here in the store I knew I wanted her. I mean, her figure was perfect; she was a bit curvy an’ her ass was just perfect an’…

     “Tyler, don’t give me that bull, I see the way you look at her an’ I can tell when you’re thinkin’ about her, like right now.” I shook my head, comin’ out of my trance an’ glared at her.

     “Ok, sure I like her but even if I did do you a favor, how are you gonna help me hook up with her? Last time I checked, you two weren’t on the best a terms.” I said thinkin’ back ta Friday when she tripped Evie.

     “Oh believe me pretty boy, I have my ways.” She said smilin’ an’ lookin’ down at her manicured nails. I stood up, anger boilin’ in my chest an’ moved so I was just inches away from her. This girl knew how ta get ta me; I’d only slept with her twice but she had figured me out.

     “What the hell kinda favor you want Nikki?” I asked lookin’ down at her. I was ‘bout 6’2, leavin’ me to easily tower over her.

     “I’m havin’ a party next Saturday at my daddy’s farm house; the one out there in ol’ Coventry an’ I need you ta convince Beckett ta come.” She calmly said, crossin’ her arms across her chest. I raised an eyebrow at her.

     “An’ how is me askin’ Beckett ta come gonna get Evie ta come? Cause Lord knows you ain’t convincin’ her ta come.” I said almost chucklin’; this girl’s as dumb as those armadillos who think they can cross the highway.

     “Cause I have a feelin’ that if Beckett comes, he’s bound to bring his little puppy dog girlfriend too. Jesus, Tyler have you not noticed how close those two are? The only thing that that boy probably does by himself is shit.” I was ‘bout to retort when goddamn Hector done come on the intercom again.

     “Tyler ya gotta go back ta stockin’ those toilet tissues. We’s almost closin’ an’ I know your ass ain’t gonna wanna stay late.” I rolled my eyes as he finished talkin’. I started walkin’ away when Nikki went an’ grabbed my arm.

     “Well, goddamn it, ya gonna give me an answer or what?” She asked lookin’ irritated. I thought about her plan for a minute. Beckett was really close to Evie an’ I bet if I told him she could come too he’d jump at the chance. But my big problem was how I was gonna get them two away from each other long ‘nough to get Evie alone.

     “Well I’d agree but there’s one little bitty problem in your plan darlin’.” I said crossin’ my arms at her. “How am I supposed ta be alone with Evie if Mr. Popular gonna be watchin’ her twenty-four seven?” She raised her eyebrows at me as if ta say are-you-stupid-or-somethin’.

     “It’s called alcohol Tyler, it works wonders.” She did have a point. When I drink too much, I sometimes can’t even ‘member my own name.

     “Fine, you gotcha self a deal there missy.” I stuck out my hand so we could shake on it but she just started walkin’ way from me.

     “OK, then you have from Monday ta Friday ta convince them ta come on down.” Then she made her way over ta the front a the store an’ left. I just stood there in the middle a the aisle with a big ol’ grin on my face. It was ‘bout damn time I’d be able to get in that girl’s pants. Then a loud screechin’ noise came outta nowhere an’ knock me outta my thoughts.

     “Tyler we close in five minutes” Goddamn Hector with is garsh darn son a bitchin’ intercom.

     “Shut your mouth Hector; I know I got five minutes left!” I yelled angrily, but I must have looked stupid yellin’ at the air. As I began walkin’ over ta the toilet paper, I couldn’t help the smirk on my face; I’d love to make Evie mine an’ see Beckett suffer. That son a bitch didn’t know what was gonna hit him.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~

     It was ‘bout Wednesday when I finally decided ta ask Beckett ‘bout the party. I’d been so darn busy with football practice that I forgot to ask. Nikki had ‘minded me in Algebra Tuesday afternoon; persistent little prick she was. I was just walkin’ outta school ta my car when I saw Beckett and Evie huggin’ each other and kissin’. That done pissed me off, makin’ my face red with anger and my hands clench inta fists. But I composed myself an’ began walkin’ over ta them.

     “Howdy ya’ll.” I said wavin’ at them. They both turned towards me an’ smilin’ but Evie’s went ‘way soon as she saw it was me.

     “Hey Tyler, what’s up man?” he said. We bro hugged and when we separated, I couldn’t help the bubble of anger that rose in my chest. Before he came along, I was the most sought after guy in school, but now every damn girl in school wanted to sleep with him instead a me. I jumped out of my thoughts quickly an’ came back ta the present.

     “Nothin’ much man but I did want ta ask you somethin’.” I said with a fake smile plastered on my face.

     “Sure man.” He said as he wrapped his arm ‘round Evie’s waist. I wanted ta just punch him in the mouth an’ take Evie ‘way from him but I resisted the urge.

     “Well there’s this party on Saturday at an ol’ farm house in Coventry an’ I was wonderin’ if ya wanted ta come.” I said.

     “I’d like to man, but Evangeline and I already have plans.” He said while lookin’ over ta the blonde beauty on his left. She looked up at me an’ gave me one a those fake ‘I’m sorry’ smiles.

     “Well Evie’s welcome ta come too. Come on, everyone’s comin’. It’ll be lots a fun.” I said punchin’ Beckett in the arm. He winched a little but I just kept on smilin’.

    “Well in that case, I guess we could swing by. It sounds like fun.” Evie’s face suddenly dropped an’ I couldn’t help the smirk that played on my face.

     “Great, I’ll give you the directions ‘morrow at lunch Beckett an’ its casual so you don’t have to get all dressed up doll face.” I said lookin’ over at Evangeline. She just gave me a half smile an’ then looked down at the ground. I loved it when she got shy an’ all. Beckett an’ I shook hands before goin’ our separate ways. Though I had a football game that night, the only thing on my mind was Evangeline. Surprisin’ly, Nikki’s plan seemed ta be workin’ so far an’ now I was gonna do everythin’ in my power ta get Evie ta be mine; even if she just has ta be a one night stand.   

Author's Note: So change in point of view, what did everyone think? I know this chapter is a bit short but I just wanted to hurry up so I can work on the more exciting chapters. Here are some questions for the next chapter to make you guys think;

What are Tyler's true intentions? Will the affects of alcohol at the party make Beckett and Evie do regrettable acts?

All these questions will be answered in Chapter 14 The Party. Are you excited!? Oh and I made and promotion video for the book, I don't know if it will pop up on the side so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFOb4s4o4Q and please please please give me some feedback. Love you guys and thanks.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

417 34 15
She wanted to know what pain was, silly little girl just open the dictionary look up the word pain and watch as your life plays like a movie. Watch a...
15K 607 76
"I Promise To Protect You From Any Danger We May Face Because I Love You" ...
246 8 65
"I would have left him, but I can't get him off my mind. I have tried many times but still I can't. I have the money and all. I am also beautiful but...
281 92 24
When she finds out that she has to move to New York, Sarah's life begins to change. Now, she has to leave all her friends behind and start all over a...