Mint | h.s.

By emmma1D

a story in which a girl's favorite scent can say a lot about her love live. More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
Epilogue

1.8

314 13 0
By emmma1D

Elena's POV

I blink a few times as I think over and over of why is he telling me this.

"And that concerns me why?" I say my mind as he starts shifting his weight from one to the another foot.

"I just thought that, you know, you would, I don't know, want to know" he stutters and it comes out more as a question than a statement.

I furrow my eyebrows and sigh. I massage my temples because of the pain that I'm feeling in my head right now. "Look, Harry. Today has been the most confusing and weird and just ugh day of my life. Can we talk about this later?" He opens his mouth, preparing himself to tell me something, but then he closes it and nods. His head lowers and his eyes shift from his shoes to me to his shoes again.

"Yea, sure, we can. I'll stop by tomorrow or something. Bye, Elena." Harry walks out and I close my eyes.

"Wait." He stops walking and waits. "Are you okay?" I felt bad for just kicking him out, when obviously something was wrong with him. My feelings towards him haven't changed and, at this moment my heart spoke instead of my mind.

He turned around and looked me for a second, or a minute, or an hour – I could never tell. Whenever our eyes locked, time seemed to simply, not exist.

"Yea, I'm fine." I swallowed and nodded. "Okay." Suddenly the hem of my sweater became very interesting. Harry cleared his throat and exited himself.

Once I heard the door close, I sigh for the millionth time today and just throw myself on the couch. I sit there for a bit, just rethinking everything that has happened today and what is going to happen. I snap out of my little bubble and go upstairs. I bring a lot of snacks and drinks to my room and start with the fourth season of "The Vampire diaries". Nothing beats being in your sweats, a large tee, watching a great show while eating food.

Episode after episode, 3am rolls around, but who cares – it is summer break and watch my sleep schedule getting messed up now.

Just when Damon started to dance with Elena, I heard some tapping. I paused the episode and waited to see if the noise was gonna repeat itself. I shrug it off as I carry on watching.

I hear the noise again and now I'm kind of annoyed. Whatever it is this thing, it needs to stop. No one has the right to interrupt a delena moment. I get near the window and try to look in the darkness. I spot a figure standing right under my window. I open it and peak my head out, in the chilly air.

"Harry, what are you doing here at 3 in the morning?" My voice seems to startle him as he loses his balance and trips over his own feet. Harry manages to regain his balance and starts laughing.

"Seriously, are you drunk?" I cannot handle drunk Harry now and I don't want to. I just wanna go back to bed.

He looks up at me and puts his thumb and point fingers close. "A little bit." He giggles and it somehow puts a smile on my face. As annoyed as I am, that giggle was just something else. "Hey, Enna, knock knock?" His words are slurred and I can barely understand what he is saying.

I roll my eyes and sigh, not wanting to do this. "Harry, please, no jokes." He acts like he's hurt by my comment by putting his hand over his chest. His smile makes its way back onto his face as he asks me the same thing. "Knock knock"

I shake my head and smile a little at him. "Who is it?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"

"Orange you gonna let me in (Aren't you gonna let me in)?"

He laughs as if that was the funniest thing in the entire world. The simple sight of him shutting his eyes and grabbing his tummy from laughing so much, makes my heart skip a bit. After about 10 minutes filled with his laughter, he stops and asks me again if he can come in.

"Alright, but be quiet, okay?" He nods his head like a little boy that has just been scolded by his mother. I quietly giggle and watch him, climb the way up to my window. He let a few swears and curses here and there, but he made it. He arrived with a loud thump on the floor as I backed away from him, to give him space to get up. When I saw him struggling to get up, I had no other choice but to help him. I grab his arms as he puts his on my waist. We haven't been this close to each other since a long time ago. I can smell his cologne, I can feel his hot breath filled with the bitter smell of alcohol on my face. I can feel his stare as I look at the wall, not wanting to meet his gaze.

He is on his feet now, but he's still staring at me. I turn my head towards him and look him in the eyes. I take a deep breath as my mind is running with different thought every second.

"What?" I ask quietly.

"You're beautiful."

His words make shivers appear down my spine. My cheeks are probably red by now, but he can't notice because of the darkness that is filling the room. The only light that's noticeable is coming from the moon, through the still opened window.

"Harry, why are you here?" I confront him despite his drunken state. He sits on my bed and taps the spot next to him, calling me to take it. I closed the window and sit next to him, but leave a little space between us. I can't just act like nothing has happened, when so much has.

"Well, to start with, I'm sorry for just leaving you like that, several times."

"Harry, you don't have to apologi-"

"Just hear me out, please." He looks at me with pleading eyes and I nod, letting him carry on. "You see, the night you got drunk, I stayed with you for a bit. It was about 5am I think when I got home. If you remember I told you that I had plans with Bella, but I canceled them, because I thought she wasn't going to get mad if I spend time with my best friend." I flinch at the friend part, but I think a Harry is too drunk to notice; which makes me think how he's saying all these stuff when he's drunk out of his mind. I guess it is true – drunk people tell the truth or something.

"Well, when I came home she was sitting on my couch, and then started yelling at me. She even accused me of cheating on her with you. A lot of bad words were said and then we took a break. A while after that, she came to my house, apologizing and crying. I thought that she was really sorry, so we forgave each other and agreed on looking past that. A weeks or two passed by and she was the same Bella I liked. That was until I found out that she was cheating on me for the whole time. And do you know whats the thing?" He chuckles and shakes his head. I shake mine as well and wait for him to answer his question. "I wasn't hurt one bit." As he's speaking, I study his face; his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, the way his dimples pop out, his hair, his hand that he started holding mine somewhere in the middle of this conversation, I notice the big and the small things.

"Do you want to know why?" He lifts his gaze to meet mine as I ask him why.

"Because it has been you from the start."

He said it so simply, and he has no idea that that sentence made my heat pound so loud, I could hear it in my ears. But out of nowhere a thought comes in my mind that changes everything.

"Harry, you're drunk. You don't even know what you're saying. You're not gonna even remember this in the morning." A sad smile creeps onto my face and he shakes his face while releasing a soft chuckle.

"You just don't get it. I really really like you." My heart is melting and doing flips and my stomach is filled with dragons and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing to me. "You know, I would watch you from afar." Harry smiles shyly as he continues. "I would watch you get your coffee in the morning, getting out of uni, walking around."

"Wow, stalker much?" I slightly laugh as I start to joke around and feel comfortable with him.

"No, I just wanted to make sure you're safe and that you're alright."

"Well thank you for that, but a little hello from you, would've made my days way better than they were, but..." I let myself trail off, because I know he knows what I meant.

"Yea, I know." He exhales a deep breath, "and I'm really sorry about that." The look in his eyes is so genuine, I just know that he truly is sorry. "Well I said what I wanted to say, do you have something to tell me?" He raises his eyebrows and watches me as I struggle finding the right words to say.

"Look, I'm gonna be very straight up with you. I really really really like you, too. But you can't keep leaving me hanging like that anymore. I need to know that I'm not going to be left without explanation again."

"I understand, but I promise you, that I will never leave you again."

We have closed the gap between us just for a little bit and it's making my palms sweaty. "Okay. Also, I want to go slow, okay? I don't want stuff repeating. So, now you can go home and I'll go back to my bed."

He smiles which causes me to smile. "Okay, I'm just glad we talked this out."

"Me too."

He stands up from the bed and walks towards the window. I keep my eyes on him, watching as he's walking without any struggle, unlike before. I guess he is sober now, who knows?

Harry suddenly stops in his tracks and turns to me. He watches me intensely and I stare at him, as I notice my breathing starting to increase. I stand up from the bed and he comes to me. I hear him say "Ah, screw it." As I grab the back of his neck and he puts his hands on my waist. Our lips meet and I swear I can feel myself getting weak at the knees. His lips have the taste of alcohol and mint, a mix that drives me crazy. His strong cologne fills my scent as I grab his hair and pull him into me, wanting to feel more of him.

He pulls away and I'm left longing for more. Our breaths come out heavy as I look in his green eyes. Mesmerised by the pretty green, I speak before I think.

"You can stay if you want." He raises his eyebrows, but keeps watching me carefully.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I was already in my pajamas, while he was in his skinny jeans and a shirt.

"I hope you don't mind, I only sleep in my boxers."

"No, it's fine."

It's most definitely not fine, I might get a heart attack. I close my lap top and get under the covers as I wait for him to undress himself. I wait for a few more minutes and then I feel him lay down and cover himself up. I turn around to face him and we just stay there looking at each other's eyes. He scoots over closer to me, and I do the same thing. The warmth of his body is comforting and nice. I put my head against his chest, as his arms are wrapped around my body. He lays his head above mine and gives me kisses there every now and then. I feel myself drift off by the sound of his steady heartbeat.

For the first time I felt something I hadn't felt in a long, long time.

I felt safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 3.5K 23
jisoo's one goal as a matchmaker is to make jeonghan experience requited love. he fails.
107K 1.9K 29
Harli and Harry, two stars, two different lives. It all changed with a tweet, a dumb, misunderstood tweet. A whirlwind of drama ensues, but what wi...
31.6K 1.2K 71
Together every day but existence was yet to be found. Why do engraved mistakes on your heart make it so hard to confess something you've been hiding...
49.7K 940 17
A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY... The Battle of Endor has ended, the Empire has been demolished, and Lothal liberated for years. But one...