Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

6. Hard to believe

19.3K 605 72
By GraceAndGlorious

This chapter is dedicated to @Live_Laugh_Love_22 for her amazing comments. :)
Hope you'll like it.

Chapter 6: Hard to believe

Why was he doing this? What was going on in his head? How could he agree so fast?
Maybe he wanted to help?

Nah, he was Ryan Matthews, and Ryan doesn't come across as the type to help people. Then what was going on?
These questions have been going on in my head since I met with Ryan and sealed the deal. 

It was very strange that he agreed so fast. I mean, it was great but it was just too weird.

"I can't believe he agreed." Blair exclaimed incredulously. I could’t blame her, she was the one who kept saying that Ryan would never agree. But boy, he did.
"I told you Blair. He'd do it." Jess said smugly. Well, she was the one who thought it was worth a try. And boy, it was.
"I know that. He agreed so damn fast. I thought he’d torture me first and only agrees if he gets something out of it. But this was different." I said with the same incredulous tone that Blair had.
"Leave it now. Just plan on what you'll do next." Jess advised me, and that was just what I was going to do.

"I'll go to him and tell him to meet my sister." I said confidently, slightly puffing my chest out.
"Shut up, Jady. You are not going to do that. He'll run away." Blair shouted.
“You shut up, Blair, my sister is a great girl and he would love to meet her.” I announced, defending my family.

I cringed, her voice could really damage my eardrums if she wanted it to.

"Why are you girls screaming?" My dad entered the room with a huge smile.
"Hey, Mr. Newly," Both my friends said in unison.
"We weren't screaming, Dad. It's our way to show our love for each other." I lied, hugging both my friends to support it. They both faked a smile as well, riding on my alibis.
"Oh, strange love. I’m going out, Princess. So stay safe." Dad said and smiled at both the girls.

"Bye, Daddy. And I am always safe." I replied, giving my father a huge smile.
"Unless Ryan breaks in because you know why." Blair mumbled. What was wrong with her?
"Did you said something, Blair? Who's Ryan?" Dad asked. How did he hear it? Who knew my dad had Vampire ears!

"Nothing, Dad. She was talking about Ryan Gosling. We were going to see his movie, so she is very excited. Right, Blair?" I asked, hoping she caught on what I was trying to do.
"Oh yeah. I am so happy and excited I can barely contain it! Yay!" She yapped while jumping up and down. Gosh, she was overacting.
Jess stood there quietly, enjoying the scene. Help me, Jess.

"Okay. You girls have fun with your Ryan Gosling. I got to go. Bye." Dad kissed my forehead and went outside.

As soon as he disappeared, I sent Blair a death glare. Because of her, Dad would have known about our plan.

~~~~~~~~~~

I entered the school building and walked to my locker which Ryan was leaning on.

What was he doing here?

I reached my locker and opened it, trying my best to ignore him.

"Trying to ignore me, Pumpkin?" I snapped my head to face him and glared at him. He smirked, still leaning comfortably against the locker. He stepped closer to where I was standing.
"Yes," I said in a monotone and turned my attention back to my locker.
"Oh, really? Then what was yesterday all about? Found a new guy for your sister?"
I didn’t answer and just kept myself engaged in my books.
"So, am I still in?" he asked, to which I answered with a ,"Yes."
"Cool, bye." He started to walk away. Wait, where was he going? We still had to talk about the whole 'dating' thing.
"Wait, where are you going?" I asked out.
He stopped walking and turned his head and shrugged his shoulder at me.”To class. I can see you don't want to talk."
"I want to. Let’s talk." I grinned desperately.

His smirk turned into more like a smile, but immediately vanished and returned to a smirk again. He faced me completely and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, asked, “So, why are you so unobservant?"
I pressed my palm on his chest to push him away from me and replied, “I’m not unobservant."
He chuckled and ruffled my hair like a dog, “You’re funny, Raspberry."
"I wasn't even joking." I grinded.

Without an answer, he went away.

I went to the room and greeted our English teacher, Mr. Scott. It was the AP English class and I was in a good mood – not for long.
As the class started, the door swung open, revealing Ryan. His hair was messy as usual, but it was not like I was complaining or something. He looked great.

I was trying to fix him up with my sister, better be more decent with my thoughts about him.

I have never seen him here. I have never seen him in the math class, either. But this was different because here, I didn't hide from the teacher. I paid attention to the people around me as well.

"Class, just a second." Mr. Scott announced.
"Mr Scott, “Ryan called and started a conversation with him.
After a little talking along with the Ryan, Mr Scott pointed Ryan a seat and he stalked toward them.

 "Oh, hey, Eggplant. We meet again." He whispered while Mr. Scott begun with his class. I saw the amusement on his face. What was he doing here?
"Eggplant?" I asked with confusion. Why would he call me eggplant, out of all the names?
"Why? What’s so bad with the name? It’s cute, just like you. And people call others with names after food items, then why can’t I call you eggplant?" He replied with a huge grin.

That was true though. People love nicknames that are related to food. I love it as well, but not eggplant. I didn't even like eggplant. Ew!

I shifted my attention to the board where Mr. Scott was explaining something about our new book of the week.
After some time, the bell rang and I was free to go for lunch. I ran as fast as I could so Ryan won’t be able to stop me again, and fortunately I succeeded. I later learned that he was in our class because he missed one of his own so he had to cover up his syllabus.

I plopped down on the bench, squeezing in the middle of Jess and Blair.
"Why the hell are you ignoring him, Jady?" Blair asked me without preliminaries.
"I have to. I don't know what to say," I replied and shrugged.
"Well, somebody was being a daredevil last night saying 'I'll go to him and tell him to meet my sister'. What was that then?" She mocked. I knew that she was right. Yesterday, I felt that everything would be easy but I realized it’s not. Hell, it was far from easy.

"First, I don't speak like that. And second, you know what, I'll go to him right now and talk," I firmly declared and held my chin up.
"Yay! Then, go." Blair exclaimed. Oh, so she did plan to provoke me. Good move, Blondie. Good move.

I searched for Ryan and found him sitting with his friends. They usually don't stay in the school during the lunch time but today, they all were here. I raised my eyes heavenward and silently thanked God. He must be in favour of me that day.

"Hey, Ryan." I chirped, causing the guys turn to me with different looks.

Drew and Sebastian passed me a decent smile but Ashton, better known as Ash, was busy with his cell phone, not a single trace of acknowledging my presence.
"What's up, Banana?" Ryan cheerfully greeted.

Banana? Really?
"Hey Jade." Drew greeted which I returned by the same way he did.
"So what's got the cupcake of the school coming here?" Ryan asked.
"I am here to talk to you about the thing." I said, signalling at Sage’s meeting up.
"What thing, Jade?" Ryan asked innocently, getting deeper in his seat.

I groaned and spoke, “Come on, you know what.
"Come on, I don't know."

He was trying to irritate me and he was indeed succeeding. I saw the mischievous smirk forming on his lips and his face was filled with amusement. I bet he enjoyed seeing me in my condition right now.
Since I couldn’t take it, I stormed out of the canteen, muttering curses under my breath. He was getting on my nerve; that was what upset me.

I heard footsteps behind me.
"Oh, come on, Apple. Don't be mad at me." Ryan pouted, looking at me.
"Shut up. I think you don't know about this thing so please go hang out with your friends." I announced, gesturing him to go away.
"Okay, I am serious now. Tell me now." he stood straight on his position like he was ready to march.

I tried my best to control my laughter and spoke, "Meet me at the park today, and we'll discuss about it."
"Aw, I know you would like to have a picnic, but aren't we too old for that?" He asked playfully.
"Enough. If you keep doing this, I'll talk to someone else about it."
I started to walk away – well, more like stomp away - when Ryan grabbed my wrist softly and said, "No, you won't. I'll be there."

I didn’t understand him. One moment he got all cocky and had the 'I am the best person' attitude and then the next moment, he became serious and wise.

The guy was so hard to understand.

I snapped back from my trail of thoughts and started shuffling towards my next class. I also had to prepare myself for the ‘dating’ discussion later.

*************

End of chapter 6. Hope you liked it. :).
Picture of the Newly sisters on the side ------->

Have a great day! :)x        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 3.3K 176
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
4.9K 88 28
Dünyanın gerçeklerinden habersiz sıradan bir liseli genç kız Laya, birden bire kendini masal kitaplarındaki gibi bir hayatın içinde buluyor. Vampirl...
3.3K 63 8
What if minho was falling behind because of stress? What I'd the other members were getting frustrated and projected their anger on Minho? what if h...
222K 13.8K 43
FREE STORY WITH PAID BONUS CONTENT FROM HARTLEY's POV! It's a summer of firsts for 15-year-old Gwen, including a life-or-death secret that could chan...