Double life

By axellesmet

Everyone has three lives, a public life, a private life and a secret life. Skylar Callaway has taken this qu... More

Double Life
Profiles
READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Sorry.
CONTEST !!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
MY LORD
I think I'm dying
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
...ΓΆ
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter :16
I'm really sorry :(
Problem
CHAPTER 17
chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
attention !
SHORT INTERMEZZO
Chapter 26, finally !
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30 f*ck yeah
Chapter 31 XL
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

the end

9.5K 276 54
By axellesmet

Chapter 39

Skylar's POV

After meeting up with the girls we first went to a little restaurant before we would actually go to the ball itself. I drove to the small place we'd meet and when I saw the company I would find myself in tonight, I sighed inwardly. The guys Cara, Demi and Megan took were the most childish guys I'd ever seen. They were standing there joking around while their ladies were cold and looked very much annoyed.

' I'm so sorry that I'm a but late! ' I called out before I even got there. It was Connors fault. He should have just left me alone to get ready. But no, he had to be a little bitch and make sure I'm late.

They all looked at me like I was an alien... Was there something wrong with the dress? Or my shoes ?

' You took Connor Black to prom?' Cara asked not able to look away from him. In a way that made me uneasy ... I didn't like her eye-raping my date.

Is this a date?

' He asked me actually.' I said casually walking inside the restaurant. It looked very cosy and Italian. I love Italian food, everything is good and everything on the menu makes me happy ....

I really wish to say that it was a nice tranquil dinner, but it was not. The three guys were constantly trying to be manlier than Connor and they would get mad if they didn't get any attention from him. The girls were really fun though, until the questioning came like where we'd meet or when. We actually told them the truth but we left the kidnapping part out. It was something I wasn't ready to talk or think about yet. I don't want to remember the bad things that the Hogget family has put mine through. But I think my brain isn't damaged enough to die. Luckily the dinner ended soon enough and we would leave to go to prom.

I was really stunned with how the ball actually looked. The student council really set up a beautiful under the sea themed hall. Well it was actually the gym but you couldn't even smell the deadly sweat small anymore. I think that alone is a great accomplishment because man, you should smell this room before or after gym.

' Wow, they really went out of there way this year with the ornaments.' she's rights, it's really beautiful. I looked around but Connor already disappeared. What a great date he is. It stung a little but I'm not letting him ruin my very first prom.

I walked to get something to drink to make the lump in my throat vanish when two arms snaked around my waist and pulled me in the storage room from the gym.

Instantly memories of a few weeks ago filled my brain and I trashed against the one holding me, but I couldn't get away.

' Shhhhh, it's me Skylar ' A very familiar voice spoke. The person turned me around and held me against their chest. I breathed in his familiar scent and I hit him even harder.

'Connor let me go.' I almost screamed. He did and turned the light on so we could see each others faces. He looked flustered, kind of blushing.

' What are you doing Connor, prom is not in this closet.' I scolded him. I don't want to spent my very first prom in a closet, missing the whole party.

' I wanted to get you alone for a bit ...' He fidgeted with his fingers nervously.

' Just ask me, please don't scare me like that .... I keep thinking of ...' I whispered, tears already brimming my eyes. His arms came around me again, forming a shield against Riley, his brother, society...

' I'm sorry Skylar, I didn't think this through... I'm sorry. ' He pleaded. Our gazes locked and it was quite impossible to look away from his captivating gray-blue eyes. I can drown looking in those eyes and I wouldn't notice. Yet I did notice him inching closer to me, inch by inch he came closer, closing the distance between us and holding me tighter.

The moment his lips touched mine fireworks exploded in the pit of my stomach, the booming music stopped and my surroundings blurred. It was only me and him. I felt like it was us against the bad world, fighting to get through. I wanted to stay like this forever and never let him let me go.

He became so much to me in so little time, I find it hard to grasp the affect he has on me and my body. Each day I spent with him I'm falling more for him and each day we spent apart, I miss him more. And even if my brain tells me that it's not right, that I could get seriously hurt, I can't bring myself to stay away from him.

The kiss was slow, full of emotion and nothing sexual. It was like he wanted to kiss away all the bad memories I had, all the sadness he knew filled my heart. He wanted to heal me and reconstruct my life with who I am so I wouldn't have to live with the burden of living two. I didn't care about the party anymore, I wanted to stay here all night kissing him.

Because when his lips left mine, cold engulfed me but the warm places his hands were holding my hips. ' We better return to the gym. ' He whispered in my ear. A shiver run along my spine, giving me a great sensation yet it couldn't compare to the kiss we just shared.

'I guess you're right. ' I said and turned around towards the door so he wouldn't see my beet red cheeks. I quickly made my way back to Megan who was grinning from ear to ear. I bet she knew I was in that closet with Connor, and I bet she knew what just went down.

' Naughty girl, a quicky in the closet? ' She laughed slapping me across the arm. My cheeks flared even more if that was possible. ' I wouldn't... I could never ... Megan !! ' I stuttered. I wouldn't even have considered that ....

' If you didn't do the deed, then why were you in the closet?' She asked me still smirking at me. She already knew something was up, it was only fair to tell her what happened.

' We just kissed....' I looked at the floor hiding the deep blush that was covering my face. She just laughed at me, not a smile but a full on laud, tear dropping laugh. Some people turned around to look at us while I tried frantically to stop her.

' God I know, but it was hi-la-ri-ous to see your crimson face.' She didn't stop laughing, nor did I try to. I just giggled with her because I'd have to admit, it was a very good prank. While we were laughing at our stupid joke everyone turned to look at the entrance. I could see two guys walking in, dressed way to casually looking around. When I saw who it was I jumped in delight and ran to them. It had been since the hospital that I'd seen them.

' Justin, Ryan !! ' I shouted, trying my best to run to them in this dress. They opened their arms and lifted me, spinning me around.

'Please don't just leave us in the dark like that. Connor called us a few times to give us some updates but we were worried sick!' They scolded me. I knew they were just worried so there was nothing to worry about but their wrath. And if they were really mad I'd just challenge them in a dual and beat their asses. That would always cheer them up.

' I'm sorry, I just didn't want to go anywhere or speak to anyone but Connor was so suborn and stayed at my house. I'm sorry guys. ' They punched me and then we laughed some more until we noticed everyone was still looking at us. My cheeks flared red because I'm not used to all the attention of my classmates. Normally they just ignore me. But I guess that that will change from now on. I get that they're looking, but I'm not liking it.

' Connor, ma man ! You go to school here too?' Ryan asked not caring about about the peering eyes.

' Yeah, this is our school prom. ' He said making it clear to them that they barged in here like it's nothing. They gave each other some weird man hug and I realized that the three of them looked really good together. Maybe I could ask Connor after prom to join my gang. He's strong and gets along very well with the others. I'm teaching him how to handle cars ... This could be the start of something new.

' What's everyone looking at?' Justin said loud enough for everyone to hear, the music started again and most of the crow that had gathered went back to whatever they were doing. Prom was complete for me, I had my new girlfriends, I had my gang, I had the most beautiful dress and ... Connor.

________ time lapse __________

' Ladies and gentleman, we have come to the end of the night with only a few dances left, also we have the king and queens dance. So now our prom King is ....' A girl I didn't recognize said through the speaker. Everyone around me started to whisper and looked at Connor and his friends. It would probably only be normal if they'd get chosen. They're the most popular guys in school...

' Connor Black !! ' The girl shouted through the speakers. The crowd went wild while Connors face stayed unfazed. Typically him. ' Come up here and take your crown..' She babbled further about how awesome he is, I already know that. It was quite funny seeing Ryan and Justin cheer him on, they're like his groupies.

' And now, the moment we've all been waiting for ...' She dramatically demanded everyone's attention even though everyone was already looking at her.

' Our prom queen is ...' A soft anticipating music played as some kid tried to be smart. Other than that it was dead quiet. I think most girls wanted to be it, with that I mean Tiffany. I'm sure she already expects it.

' Tiffany Charm !!' The whole crowd erupted in cheers and chatter. Of course it would be her. My friends and I just rolled our eyes at it, this was expected. Too bad she gets to dance with Connor though.

' You can take your place on the dance floor to start the first slow dance of the night.' The girl said again. Her job was over for the night. That is until Connor decided to butt in.

'Wait, I have a question first. No one in particular should answer it, I just want an answer. ' He said. What was he doing?

' My question; what does our King and Queen represent ? ' He asked. Something no one ever thinks about because it's just a beauty, popularity contest. Everyone just kept looking at him, why would he ask such a foolish thing...?

' They represent beauty inside and out, they should represent the model student of our school. ' The vice president of the student body council spoke up. Of course, he should know.

' Well, then why did you choose Tiffany? I don't even know that I deserve to be chosen.' He said, choking everyone. His place was to accept his crown and dance with the devil.

' She's not even pretty? She just shows too much skin, she's a horrible person and doesn't care for anyone! ' He tried to convince everyone. Tiffany looked shocked but Connor was right. The thing she was wearing couldn't even be called a dress. There was barely any fabric.

' I know for sure that anyone in this room is a better queen than her. And to give you an example I want to put a spotlight on Skylar Callaway.' And as if on cue the spotlight that was on Tiffany moved to me. I didn't like it, I'm supposed to stay int he shadows, only caring about me, myself and my friends.

' She's the most prepared student in school, she's amazing at almost everything she does and come on guys, look at her. She's the most beautiful girl in this room..' My cheeks turned crimson when everyone turned to look at me. Since when has prom become so eventful?

' Tiffany saw her as a threat and exposed the only thing she really cared for. What a monster does that? ' He looked at her in disgust. I can't say I approve what's Connor doing, but he really is putting her in her place, and I'm not going to stop him.

' So I want to dance the first King dance with Skylar, not with Tiffany, or I don't have to be King at all. ' He said giving a flustered Tiffany the mic and stepping of the stage. He walked towards me and bowed very renaissance -like.

' Would you like to dance with me?' He asked, gesturing to take my hand. I don't like that he's disturbed the traditions of prom but I do feel very flattered that he wants to dance a slow dance with me.

' Why of course I do.' I answered in a thick English accent. Bowing for him as he did for me. Soft music began to play as I say Tiffany stomping away. Oh how it is funny to see her mad.

' Thank you ' I whispered in his ear while everyone around us danced. I felt his cheek smirk against mine and he gave my sides a squeeze, making me blush even more.

' I was only stating the truth.' He said, touching me oh so ever lightly. ' But I do have another question in store for you. 'He said, looking at me. We swayed lightly to the music while we got lost in each others eyes. He inched closer to me as I closed my eyes, anticipating the warm feeling of his sculpted lips against mine. But they never came ... And right when I went to open my eyes again, I feel his hot breath on my ear ...

' Will you be my girlfriend ? ' He whispered so lightly I almost missed it. My heart sped up, I froze and was very happy he was holding me or I wouldn't have been standing anymore. How can he drop such a bomb on me? Right now?

I can't think about it, I have to give him an answer. I need to let me heart speak, ... No I need to thi- ' YES'. I spoke before I realized those words came from my mouth. I said them, there was no taking them back and I don't think I ever would ... His beautiful lips molded softly against mine and he and I were the only one on the planet at that moment, and there was only one thought running through my mind ...

I love Connor Black.

THE END

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Dear readers,

I think the moment we've all been patently waiting for is finally here. It's the end of 'double life'. I started this book in may 2014 and believe me, writing this has been an emotional roller coaster. I loved writing the thoughts of these characters.

I loved everyone of you dear readers, you really have been a great support. Without you, this boo wouldn't be finished right now.

I WILL NOT stop writing, although my uploading habits have been very slow, I love writing, I just have a busy life and I get blocked very easily. Also am I addicted to anime and a lot of time goes to watching my favorite series.

I really want to thank everyone for encouraging me with votes and comments. I loved the there were almost no negative comments, I really appreciate that ;)

So I guess now is the time to say goodbye ....

Oh there will be no sequel .... I hate sequels, they're too overrated. I just may upload an epilogue .. But I think the outcome of the story is clear enough.

I hoped you all liked reading my book . I will start editing it now, getting all the mistakes out (like connor having brown eyes and than magically gray-blue...)

The version on wattpad will stay the same though, it's free and I may be thinking of publishing it .... For myself ;) but it's really expensive.

Maybe we'll meet again in my new book ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 71.8K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
165K 4.7K 41
β€’ RE-WRITTEN VERSION OF LETTING YOU GO β€’ "Everyone get's a dying wish. But not everyone gets a miracle." No one knows the ups...
10.3K 147 26
Credit to whoever made the fanart :) Hello! Welcome to my first book, my names Brianna. This book will be filled with fluff, angst, language, and tri...
Moira By Selina

Teen Fiction

183K 8.7K 45
Amidelle Gray learns what happens when the countdown on her wrist finally clocks zero, but her supposed soulmate is far from what she'd call well-sui...