Yugioh Gx special season 3

By Lumaking7

A sequel to Yugioh gx season 2. Tara and Jaden had finally saved the earth from the light of destruction and... More

Info!!
Background Story!!! How Jesse and Ember meet!
School start and new transfers?!
Fire vs. Heroes! The danger with Axel!!
Who is strongest? Beasts vs. Dinos!
On the ninth cloud! or not! Adrian Vs. Chazz! part 1
On the ninth cloud! or not! Adrian Vs. Chazz! part 2.
Infiltration, Spies, Danger and Scab Scar Knight! part 1
Infiltration, Spies, Danger and Scab Scar knight! part 2
Trapped by a trapper? can love conquer it all?!
Twins against Viper! part 1. the beginning!
Twins against Viper! part 2 the end!!
Stranded in another dimension! with duel spirits?!
The submarine adventure!! Danger is lurking everywhere!!
The duel for food! triple play of emotions part 1
The duel for food! triple play of emotions part 2.
Stop Marcel?! the decoy duel Chazz vs. Jaden!
Gathering energy! Dragons and beasts equals two crystals with one heart beat.
Duel against Marcel part 1 The twins vs Marcel!
Duel against Marcel part 2 Jaden and Jesse vs Marcel
Departure and horrified flash from the past
In a new dimension, new order and new rules. Jaden vs. the sky Scout.
Dark army and Reunion!!
Fiends and Warriors. Jaden's struggling duel against Zure!
Orbs and pages! Jaden Vs Brron, mad king of dark world.
Travel, Duel and a King?!
The saga of Syrus and Ember!
Attack on the village. Jim the defender?!
Escaping offer you can't refuse?!
Unpleasant surprise?! Jim vs. the supreme king Haou. Part 1.
Unpleasant surprise?! Jim vs. the supreme king Haou. part 2.
Cowards, Courage, Sidekicks and Heroes.
Training, Plots and Services, Zane and Tara's second meeting.
Spies, Infiltrations and Plans?! Axel vs. Skull Knight!
Events. Wait What?! I got tagged?!
Surprising Events. Secrets about the king.
What lies beneath the surface. Axel vs. the supreme king part 1.
What lies beneath the surface. Axel vs. the supreme king part 2.
The forbidden ritual part 1.
Horrified memories and vampires?
Prophecies, gems and dragons part 1
Prophecies, gems and dragons part 2
A battle of clashing titans part 1
A battle of clashing titans part 2.
Fighting, for the sake of our friends part 1.
Fighting, for the sake of our friends part 2
Double confrontation. The fight against destiny part 1.
Double confrontation. The powers awakening part 2.
Double confrontation. Struggling with the power of friendship part 3.
Double confrontation. Visions from the past. part 4.

The forbidden ritual part 2.

797 15 2
By Lumaking7

A,N: Sorry for the wait. Here are the next chapter. This chapter follows Ember mostly. Just so you know.

Aster's p.o.v.

Aster was staring at the shadow who was now approaching them. He was not liking this at all. He was having a comfortable hand at Jaden's shoulder, because the boy looked a little groggy. Tara was taken care of by Zane.

"It's Adrian" Jaden said weakly when the shadow revealed itself. Jaden and Aster looked as puzzled and confused as the others now.

"You mean the transfer student?" Aster questioned and remembered the picture in Echo's locket. The twins nodded in unison. Ember looked stunned at him.

"Adrian" Echo confirmed. She looked slightly confused as well. Crowler began to smile happily at him, telling how worried he had been and other stuff. Adrian smirked by that. A smile Aster didn't like at all. 

"I wasn't left behind Crowler" he then suddenly said "I stayed. I chose to stick around". Aster was a little surprised by that.

"So you have been here all this time?" Jaden questioned weakly "Did you see Jesse?". Adrian smirked by that. Aster decided that he didn't like this transfer student.

"Afraid not" He replied and looked over at Ember and Echo. Ember sneered.

"You are lying Adrian" She said and clenched her fists "You have teamed up with Yubel. That creepy arm you have right there is the proof". She pointed at a demon arm who everyone now noticed. The twins looked horrified at him.

"No way, you teamed up with Yubel" Jaden said slowly "Like Viper and Marcel".

"Ahr, she is gonna kill me" Tara yelled scared "She will never forgive me". She hit behind Jaden while hugging his arm pretty tightly. Jaden looked worried at her. Normally he would have hugged her back and reassured her that she was safe with him or something like that. Aster knew that was normally the case with Jaden, but this time he actually didn't do anything. He instead looked away and closed her eyes. He looked like he was in pain. In the end Zane hugged Tara instead and she slowly calmed down. Adrian had in the meantime covered his arm and looked at Ember.

"You have always been smarter than people gave you credit for Ember" He replied and smiled "But I didn't lie. I have no idea where your beloved Jesse is, but I would recommend that you forget all about him. He is beyond saving". Ember sneered back.

"I know what had happened to him, thank you" she replied just as coldly "We met, but despite all that, I still love him. I would rather stay with him, than be with you Adrian". To that statement, Adrian growled angry.

"Ember, you don't know what you are saying. I can provide you with a much better life.." He replied but Ember just snort and turned her back at him. Aster sighed. There were clearly trouble in paradise.

"Fine be that way" Adrian replied and sighed "I actually didn't come here to talk to you anyway. I came here to talk to you Echo. It is so good to see you. I have been waiting for this moment". Aster could see the puzzled look on Echo's face now.

"What's going on?" she questioned a little scared and got up from the floor "And why are you staring at me like that Adrian?". Adrian smirked.

"I am just happy to see you" he said and walked closer to her. He grabbed her wrist with the demon arm "Come with me Echo". She quickly shook her head.

"I don't wanna go with you. You are scaring me" she told him.

"That wasn't a request" he replied firmly and pulled her a little away from the others.

"Echo are you alright?" Aster asked worried and stared coldly at Adrian "Adrian leave her alone!". To that statement Adrian only snort coldly.

"I am only going to tell you all this once" He said firmly "This is between me and Echo. Oh and Ember considered the circumstances..". Ember sneered.

"Hey I am not part of your sick twisted game.." she began but Aster interrupted her.

"Not anymore!" He yelled "Didn't you hear what Echo said. She doesn't want to go with you, and neither does Ember". Adrian snort and looked at Echo.

"Is that so?" He questioned and smiled "Don't you want the best for me Echo? I can't do it alone. Without you I can't archive greatness and have Ember as my Queen. I need you. Won't you help? You see I must have all your duel energy Echo, in order to become king". Echo looked puzzled at Adrian.

"But she will..die" whispered Tara slowly and placed his head at Zane's chest "I don't want to see anyone die because of duels". Zane sneered as well.

"Not a chance Adrian" He yelled.

"Listen please! Echo, just come over here right now" yelled Aster and when that didn't work he surprisingly activated his duel disk "Let her go Adrian!".

"Or what?" Adrian questioned and looked at Aster.

"Or you will answer to me" Aster replied and sneered "If you really want Echo you better be ready to duel". The twins and everyone else looked in horror.

"Aster no.." the twins actually said in unison. Jaden had tried getting up and walk over to them, but he only managed to stand. His body was still a little weak. Crowler and Ember quickly grabbed him and supported him. Adrian snort.

"Fine, I accept your little challenge, but not here, it is too dark. Follow me" he proclaimed and began walking away. The others slowly followed.

They arrived at a muddy ground lake with a chained door at the end. Adrian walked out on water. It was not so deep so he could easily stand there. He was having his back to that door. Aster sneered and quickly followed and they were face to face now.

"Isn't this cave dark too?" Crowler questioned "Am I missing something?".

"He wanted to be here for some reason" Zane commented and snort "Be careful Aster". Aster nodded at that comment. They others were standing at the sideline and was watching the duel who was about to unfold. The others had tried to talk Aster out of it, but he had proclaimed that "A man must do what a man must do". Maybe not the best encouraging sentence, but Aster felt like he had to do this.

"Yes Aster, be careful" Adrian said and smirked. The wish threads appeared "I am wishing for your demise. What about you Aster?". Aster sneered. He didn't like it when he was holding a man's life in his hands. Fiends, yeah sure, but a human's life? "If I win, you will not bother Echo and Ember anymore" he then yelled "Ember has the freedom to marry whoever she wants and Echo can well.. do as she pleases".

"A funny request" Adrian commented "I wish for your demise and you fight for some girls? I mean this is not even your battle Phoenix. So what does it matter?".

"Aster, he is right" yelled Ember in the background "My battle with Adrian, it doesn't concern you. You don't need to sacrifice your life for me.. and Echo". Aster sneered.

"Ember just stay right there. I will take care of this" He said and then smiled "After all, everyone deserves true love. If I beat him you will have no worries at all".

"So you really wish to die? If that's the case, then be my guest" Adrian replied coldly.

"Oh yeah but guess what, I have no attention of losing to you" Aster yelled back.

"We will see about that Phoenix. We will see" Adrian proclaimed "I will have the first move".

Adrian: 4000Lp.

Aster: 4000Lp.

Adrian drew and started of with summoning "Vortex trooper" in def mode. Then he activated his monster's eff. He could sent two cards from his hand to his deck, then shuffle and draw two new cards and then ended his turn. Aster frowned by that. So he summoned a monster, that let's him swap cards around? What kind of strategy has he going up? Whatever keep your eye on the prize Aster. Then Aster drew and summoned "Diamond dude" in att mode. He activated his monster eff and checked his top card. If it was a spell card, he could sent it to the grave and use it next turn. If not the card was sent to the top of his deck. Aster was so lucky that he drew "Destiny draw" and sended it to the grave. Then he made his monster attack Adrian's and destroyed it. Adrian could draw a card because his monster got destroyed. Aster frowned by that and placed two facedown's and ended his turn. It was Adrian's turn again. He drew and summoned "Deep diver" in def mode and ended his turn with a facedown. Aster didn't like this at all. Why isn't he attacking? Something tells me I got to hurry up and beat him, before whatever he is cooking starts to boil.

Ember's p.o.v.

Ember looked at both duelist with confusion written all over her face. She was not sure how this turned out to be such a mess. She should marry Adrian. She had known that her whole life. Or most of it. She was always told she should do this and that, and Ember always did as they asked. It was that way she was raised. Her and her brother Joshua. However then she had met Jesse and his family. She had felt love and caring moments with a family. Not these cold looks of disapproval from her parents when she did something wrong, or the stiff nods when she finally did. Ember wanted to be free from the rich life and well she felt happy and loved when she was around Jesse. She was still committed to marry Adrian because of her family. Truth to be told Adrian was not the worst guy to marry. Ember knew that. She had seen other rich people treat their wife or family a lot worse. She had been angry at him when he destroyed her friendship with Jesse. Of course she had. She had actually been furious. However after she was friends with Jesse again, she was actually prepared to give him a chance again, but every time she met him, he was behaving worse and worse, now standing in front of Aster while dueling, as well as added that he wished Aster dead, she couldn't really recognize this Adrian as the one she knew when they first attended Duel academy. Why Adrian? I mean who want's to use his best friend duel energy? Why did he actually want to duel Aster right here? These questions ran through Ember's head as the duel progresses. She just hoped Aster knew what he was doing. It was Aster's turn. He drew and got the spell "Destiny draw" back from the grave, which he used right away to draw two new cards. Then he used Diamond dude eff again and looked at his top card. Luckily another normal spell, who he sended to his grave. He could use that eff next turn. Adrian smirked by that.

"If there is a next round" he said and Ember wondered why he was so confident.

"Say that to my Dunker" replied Aster just as coldly and summoned "D.H Dunker" to the field in att mode. He used this monster's effect right away, discarded a card to the grave, who in this case was "D.H disk commander" to infect 500 points of damage to Adrian. Adrian sneered by that of course. Aster was not done yet.

"I think it is time for a change of scenery" He proclaimed and activated the field spell "Clock tower prison". A scenery of a clock appeared in the cave now. Adrian snort.

"Big ben eh?" He questioned and smirked "No big deal". Aster snort to that reply and activated his two facedown's. Both being "Eternal dread" trap cards.

"Wait a sec, why play two of them?" Adrian questioned puzzled.

"Cause time of the essence. By playing two of them, I can make my clock go ahead of a total of 12 hours" Aster replied and smirked "The bell will toll for thee Adrian". The clock tower turned twolf and Aster quickly played "Mystical space typhoon" to destroy his clock again and release "D.H. Dreadmaster" who was imprisoned within. Since Dreadmaster was summoned because of the prison, Aster could now summon two destiny heroes from the grave as well. He summoned only "Disk commander", but since he was special summoned, Aster could also draw two more cards. Also since dreadmaster was summoned none of Aster's destiny heroes could get destroyed this turn and they take no battle damage when they battle. The eff of dreadmaster added all the destiny heroes att on the field to become dreadmaster att points. The monster had now 2900 Att and def. Aster started off attacking. First letting Dunker destroy Adrian's monster, then follow up with two attacks from his other monsters, leaving Adrian with 1800 att points. The attacks also sended Adrian into the mysterious door behind him. Ember noticed how shocked Echo was. She figured Echo really must love him a lot. Aster was about to attack with dreadmaster and win the battle when Adrian revealed his "Dimensional prison" trap card, who removed dreadmaster from play. Also since Adrian's monster was destroyed, it made him select a card from his deck and place it on the top of the deck. Ember and the others looked puzzled at him.

"I get it" Ember could hear Zane say "He must be strengthen his hand. Trying to build it up to summon something big". At that statement Ember's eyes widened and so did Aster's as well. Strengthen his hand?! The only cards I know where you shall strengthen your hand is... nah Adrian is not trying to summon Exodia, is he? Apparently Aster came to the same conclusion, since he activated the spell card "Force of four". With it both players could only have 4 card in their hands now and if they tried to add a fifth one to his hand it was sent straight to the grave.

"I have three cards in my hand" Aster told Adrian "So I am good to go. But you have 5 cards, so you have to ditch one transfer. You were trying to complete Exodia weren't you?". Adrian sneered angry to that statement.

"That's right" He replied coldly. The others looked surprised at him. Aster smirked.

"Well you can't do it unless you have all five cards in your hand" He told Adrian "It hurts I know. Looks like you are one card short". Adrian glared at Aster, but then he turned his gaze over to Echo once again. Ember could see that Echo looked puzzled.

"What is it?" she questioned when Adrian gave her that look. He didn't reply though, but instead sended a card to the grave. Then he returned his gaze towards Aster.

"This isn't over" He proclaimed a little angry and drew. It was his fifth card.

"Well you look at that" Aster said in a mocking tone when he saw Adrian's exodia card before he sended it to the grave "Too bad it is useless. Do you have a back up plan?". To that Adrian actually smirked, which confused Ember a lot.

"I sure do" Adrian proclaimed and wind appeared around him "From my grave I activate the 'Ritual of the ultimate forbidden lord' spell card".

"No way!" yelled Aster stunned and now they all noticed an engravement over the door. It was a symbol of Exodia.

"There it is, Exodia" Zane proclaimed shocked. A lot of light appeared from Adrian's duel disk and suddenly was a spot of light shown on the muddy lake.

"What is that?" Echo and Ember questioned in unison. Adrian looked at them.

"In other to archive my destiny to rule this world. I must control exodia's power" He told them and sighed "But in order to release Exodia from his chains and harness it's energy, I must offer up the duel energy of someone close to me. I told you I needed you to realise my greatness. Echo I can't do this without you". Echo looked at him.

"Adrian" she said and hugged her pendant. Then she nodded "And you won't".

"Echo no! Don't do it!" Ember and Aster yelled in unison, but they couldn't stop her. She began walking over to the spot of light. Tears were falling down her cheek.

"I would do everything to win a duel" Zane proclaimed "But I would never cross this line". Ember and Aster, as well as everyone else, began yelling Echo's name, telling her to stop and return back to them. Sadly she didn't and they had to watch her walk closer and closer to the spot of light.

Adrian's p.o.v.

Adrian watched as Echo walked closer and closer to the light. He knew full well what happened when she entered there and though he did regret it a bit, he didn't stop his closest friend from entering her doom. With Echo's help I will soon control the power of Exodia. I will become king and rule this world with Ember as my Queen.

"No! Echo stop! You can't let him use your duel energy" he could hear Aster yell.

"Please miss Echo, listen to him" Crowler added as well "What you are about to do may have dangerous repercussions. Do not do this".

"I don't think she is stopping for anybody" He could hear Zane proclaim "Her mind is made up". Adrian smirked at that. He knew that when Echo had set her mind to it, nothing could chance it. Aster looked pissed at him.

"How can you ask this of your friend Adrian?" Aster yelled at him "Don't you know what will happen to her?". Adrian looked over at Aster and snort. Of course he knew what happened to her, but he needed Echo's duel energy. That was a fact.

"Without her duel energy, she will be sent to the stars" Aster continued in his angry tone "Don't you get it. You may never see her again and the only thing you will have left are her memories and Exodia. Is it really worth all that? Is it?!". To that Adrian didn't apply. He only watched as Echo now had arrived at the glowing spot. She looked at him with a sad look, before Adrian closed his eyes and let this scene play out. Exodia got his hand out of that spot in the door and grabbed Echo to everyone's surprise. Echo let of course out a terrified scream when he grabbed her.

"Adrian stop it!" Aster yelled in horror and looked at the pained Echo. Adrian snort.

"The ritual of the ultimate forbidden lord is already activated. There is no stopping it now" He said and opened slowly his eyes again "My destiny is to rule this world and this duel will deliver the power that I need". Aster sneered.

"You can forget it, cause as far as I am concerned. This duel is over. Got it?!" He sneered coldly. Adrian snort quickly back and shook his head.

"Afraid not. You are not back at duel academy" he proclaimed and smirked "You can't stop a duel here. We both have a wish and are tangled together by these wish threads. So unless you will spend an eternity with me, you will keep up dueling until one of us get our wish". Aster sneered, but Adrian knew he didn't have a choice in this matter. Even if he refused dueling, it would change nothing. Echo would still be in Exodia's grib. The others might be able to escape, but Aster was tied to him, so he had to stay here. Adrian knew that Aster didn't want to spent time with him forever. He could see it in his eyes. He really despised him. The duel continued. It was still Adrian's turn. Due to his spell he could return all forbidden cards in his grave to his deck. Adrian had only the head of exodia, but he quickly put it into his deck and shuffled. Aster looked puzzled at him.

"But my spell put a stop to exodia" he proclaimed confused. Adrian smirked.

"For the time being" He said. Then he discarded the right and left arm of Exodia to the grave to special summon "Exodios the ultimate forbidden lord" in att mode.

"Exodios?" Aster questioned confused. Adrian nodded. He figured Aster never had heard of this card.

"Precisely think of him as Exodia's distant cousin" Adrian proclaimed. Aster sighed.

"Oh man, now I have to face a family of forbidden ones" He said in an annoyed tone. Adrian began explaining his new monster's effects. It could not be destroyed in battle or be destroyed by traps, spells and monster effects. Aster looked shocked at him. Adrian also explained that his monster's att was equal how many forbidden cards he had in his grave multiplied by 1000 for each of them. Giving his monster an att on 2000 for now. While Adrian's monster got his power boost, the others could hear Echo scream up when Exodia on the other side of door, began draining her energy. Adrian just ignored it. He attacked with his monster, telling that when Exodias attacked and he happened to have a forbidden one card in his hand, he could discard the card and power up exodios by another 1000 points. Echo let out a scream when her duel energy once again got drained. Adrian attacked and destroyed Aster's disk commander and took a big piece of Aster's life points. He had 1300 left.

"Shake it off" could Adrian hear Zane yell to Aster "And finish what you started".

"Yeah come on" said the twins slowly. They were all cheering for him.

"Well you don't disappoint" Aster then said and got up on his feets again. He looked coldly at Adrian "Exodios sure is a powerful monster, but you can't have the monster you really want, can you?! And it is all because I played one little spell card, and as a resolve, you can't summon Exodia, because of force the forth's eff, remember what it does?". Adrian snort. If this was Aster's way of mocking him, he should try harder.

"Of course. In other for me to summon Exodia, I need all five cards of the forbidden one's in my hand, and your spell only allows me four" He replied coldly.

"That's right, so sorry" Aster said and then suddenly stopped up "Unless your Exodios..". Adrian smirked coldly at that. Aster was not as stupid as he looked.

"..Has yet another special eff" Adrian ended "When 5 cards with the forbidden one's in their names are in my grave, I can break Exodia's seal and then it is game over".

"Game over?" Aster proclaimed shocked.

"And with the seal broken, Exodia would be free to absorb the last of Echo's duel energy" Adrian continued and smirked "Face it, you can't save yourself, which means you can't save her".

Aster's p.o.v.

Adrian: 1800Lp.

Aster: 1300Lp.

Aster sneered angry at Adrian. He couldn't believe he was going to such extremes just to gain power. He used Echo's feeling and loyalty to him so he could sacrificed Echo's duel energy and summon Exodia. What kind of friend was he?

"Once Exodia's seal is broken, Echo's duel energy will enable him to rule by my side" Adrian began telling "Pity you won't be around to see it. Cause only then you know why this had to be done". Aster sneered at him.

"You got it wrong" He replied just as coldly "Cause you see, I will be right here. I will stop you and Exodia". Then Aster drew and started his move. He sets a card and then activate Dunker's eff. He sends a destiny card to the grave, like "D.H. Malicious", and gives Adrian 500 points of damage. Adrian smirked at that.

"Aster, you can try all you want, but don't you see that in the end your destiny is hopeless" He proclaimed. Aster snort at that and continued his move. He activated the spell "Doctor D" who he now could use because of Diamond dude's eff. (He sended the card to his grave last round remember) With it he summoned Disk commander back from the grave. Because of it's eff, Aster could also draw two more cards. Then he tributed his trio of heroes in order to summon "D.H. Dogma" to the field in att mode. (3400 att, 2400 def)

"With that many att points, Aster's monster is stronger than Adrian's exodios" Zane proclaimed. The others nodded.

"And since dogma was successfully summoned, you lose half your life points doing every of your standby phases" Aster then explained and smirked "But why wait until then. Let's slice some points of now". Aster quickly made his monster attack and sliced off 400 more life points from Adrian.

"Don't you know that Exodios can't get destroyed by battle" Adrian questioned.

"He might be safe, but your life points aren't" Aster replied and smirked.

"We'll see about that" Adrian replied and drew, but not before he lost half of his life points because of Dogma's eff. (900- 450) At that Adrian just continued smiling. Aster frowned a little. Keep smiling Adrian. Because with one more attack, you can forget about summoning your precious Exodia. Because this duel will be all over and Echo will be safe. So bring it on! To Aster's surprise Adrian attacked him. He had apparently forgotten that when it attacked, Adrian could sent one exodia part to the grave and therefore Exodios's att rose to 4000. A scream could be heard from Echo once again and one of the chains on the door behind Adrian, got removed. Only one chain remained. At the door you could see Exodia's eye look out from the gaps in the door now. Aster was not finding this too pleasant at all. It became worse when Adrian attacked Aster's monster and destroyed his powerful dogma. If he didn't do something now. He would soon be finished.

Ember's p.o.v.

Ember looked shocked at the door behind Adrian. Exodia who was sealed inside was screaming really loudly and trying to get free from it's prison now. There were only one chain left and in some way it resembled Adrian's duel. He only needed to discard one forbidden one card and then it was all over. Ember looked first at Echo, then at Aster. She really hoped Aster knew what he was doing. She hoped with all her heart that Aster had a plan so he could stop it. Ember didn't care that if he won she was free to marry Jesse. Right now all she cared about was that not seeing Echo in pain any longer and that Aster didn't lose the duel. That wasn't to much to ask for was it? Ember could see that the twins and everyone else of their group of friends were thinking the same thing.

"Let her go!" yelled Aster suddenly to Adrian. Echo had screamed up once again.

"No, nothing can be done" Adrian replied and looked up at Echo with a weird smile "Her duel energy is His now, and soon Exodia would be free from the binds that holds him within his prison and he will be mine to command. Then nothing will stop me from ruling this world" Adrian replied with a smirk. At these words both of the twins tensed. Ember looked worried at Jaden and Tara. She was wondering if anything Adrian said made them remember or relive that dreadful time in the castle.

"Adrian" Tara then whispered slowly "He is falling to the darkness just..".

"..Just like when I did" Jaden finished and sighed "All he cares about is power. No matter who he hurts. Adrian don't do this". Ember and co. looked puzzled at him. The only one who actually understood Jaden was his twin. Tara had slowly taken his hand, which calmed him down a little. They were actually staring at each other for a while before they suddenly both looked away.

"What does that mean?" Crowler questioned confused. Ember noticed that Zane was staring at the twins for a while. Then he sneered. Something was wrong here.

"I tell you what that means" Aster then replied and sneered at Adrian "They are saying that the darkness corrupts you. It has the power to change who a person is".

"Nothing is changing me" Adrian replied and smirked "This is who I always been. You see I am just finally unleashing who I really am".

"Is that right?" Aster yelled angry at him "Did Echo or Ember know who you really were, or was Echo doing all this for the person she thought you were? Is that the person you will be when you marry Ember as well?". Ember looked shocked at Aster when she said that. She hadn't thought about it. Would Adrian really be like this.. if.. which they didn't do, he married her. That thought made her shiver a lot. Adrian however didn't reply to these questions. He was just staring emotionless at Aster now.

"Are you listening Adrian?" Aster yelled angry at him "Well are you?".

"Don't feel sorry for them" Adrian then replied "Ember always knew she was going to marry me one day. As for Echo, she knew that in order for me to rule, I had to let this side out". Ember shivered even more. She was not gonna marry him ever.

"Grr, I was too nice on you" Aster then sneered "I should have wished for your demise as well. At least when I win, Echo and Ember is free from you". Adrian didn't reply on that either, but he was looking at Ember once in awhile. That made Ember pretty much uncomfortable. However the duel continued. It was Aster's turn. He drew and started off with playing the spell card "D mind". With it he could summon a destiny hero from his deck to the field. Just as long as he doesn't control any monsters. Then he removed from play D.H. Malicious to activate it's eff. He could summon another Malicious from his deck to the field in att mode. Then he normal summoned "D3" to the field as well. He tributed all his three monsters to bring out destinies most ultimate hero "D.H. Plasma". Aster tried to use plasma's eff and absorb Adrian's monster, but because of it's eff, he couldn't. Adrian even mocked him with that as soon as he attacked, all pieces would be in the right place and he would win. Luckily for Aster he had activated a spell called "Drain time". Now both players had to skip a phase of Aster's choosing, and he chose the battle phase.

"And guess what, without a battle phase, your exodios is stuck in neutral" Aster proclaimed. "So he can't attack and you can't send the last Exodia card to the grave".

"That's interesting" Adrian said and smirked. Ember did not like that he was so confident. She must admit that Aster only was stalling, but still..

"Darn right it is" Aster yelled back to Adrian, which made Ember a little worried. Was Aster sweating? However since Aster had no battle phase, he ended his turn with a face down. Adrian smirked at Aster and drew.

"Oh Aster how stirring" he proclaimed.

"I show you stirring" Aster replied coldly and activated his facedown card. The trap known as "Plasma roar". This gains plasma counters in each of Adrian's standby phases, and if the cards has two or more counters Aster can destroy a monster on the field and deal the att points of that monster as damage to Adrian. Since Adrian didn't have a battle phase, he only placed a facedown and ended his turn. Aster was up once again. In the background you could still hear Exodia trying to get free. Doing Aster's standby phase D.H. Departed eff activated. He could summon it to Adrian's field in att mode. Aster made Plasma attack Departed to deal Adrian the last damage he needed to lose this duel, but Adrian was ready with a facedown called "Defense seal wall". It could negate the attack and end the battle phase. Aster sneered and activated Plasma's eff. He absorbed and equipped himself with departed gaining half it's att 1900-2400 att now) and gained it's eff as well. Aster placed a card and ended his turn. It was Adrian's turn. He drew and Aster gained a second counter. Ember looked in horror. She had finally figured out Aster's strategy. He was trying to gain counters so he could destroy a monster on the field, in this case Plasma since monster eff doesn't work on exodios. However Aster could first use his trap when it was his turn again. Which means if Aster survived this round he would win. Ember was praying that Adrian hadn't figured it out. She hoped Aster would win. Adrian attacked with his Exodios, but luckily Aster had a facedown ready. It was a trap called "Plasma discharger" to destroy his departed, who was the equip card on plasma. By doing so he ended Adrian's battle phase. Now all Aster was waiting for was for Adrian to end his turn and he could win it. Suddenly Echo began screaming up once again, and something fell down in the muddy water. Ember noticed it was Echo's pendant with the picture of Adrian in it.

Suddenly Aster and Ember disappeared, or was it only a trick. Ember didn't know, however suddenly her and Aster was standing beside each other in a strange dark place. Echo was suddenly there too. It took some time for Ember to realise that Echo was spirituale communicating with them inside both of their minds. She looked at them with a sad look.

"I am sorry Aster. I am sorry Ember. I am sorry you both got caught in the middle of this. All I really wanted was to prove to Adrian that I do anything for him" Echo told them and smiled a little smile. Then she looked at Ember.

"Ember, I hope you can forgive Adrian. He is a really sweet boy once you get to know him" Echo continued "I know you don't love him and don't want to marry him. Even if you two don't get married, could you still look after him? I am apparently not cable of that". Ember looked surprised at her. A little while later, she nodded.

"I will, but Echo it is not fair. You love Adrian, you should tell him. You should be with him" she then said and a tear ran down her cheeks. She hadn't been with Echo that much. She hadn't known her that much either, but no one should be sacrificed like that. It was not fair! Echo just smiled at her and turned to Aster.

"Aster, despite what happened here, it is all for the best" she then said.

"But Echo look what he did" Aster sneered angry "How can you say that?". However Echo didn't reply. Instead she disappeared and Ember and Aster was back with the others, sort of. They actually never left. Ember looked up at Echo and sighed. She had a feeling what would happened now. She nodded weakly. Echo I will treasure your wish. I will give Adrian a chance. I will try to understand him at least.

"What is happening?" Crowler questioned.

"She is nearly out of duel energy" Zane proclaimed. Ember saw that Aster had closed his eyes. She knew he was waiting. He knew he was a gooner.

"As will Aster once I activate this" Adrian said and activated the spell "Rage of the forbidden one". It negated the effect of Aster's trap card and now Exodios could attack. Adrian could now sent the last forbidden one card to the grave and Exodia's seal was broken. The last chain was broken. Adrian smirked a little.

"Exodia, meet your master" he proclaimed and the door opened, a lot of light and wind appeared, and revealed Exodia. It was this giant monster, who looked just like the card he was made from. Beside that he was taller than all of them. Exodia absorbed the last of Adrian's duel energy and Adrian's arm returned to normal? It was no longer a demon arm. Ember and the others looked in horror. Adrian had managed to summon "Exodia" so that means that Aster automatically loses.

"And now I am king!" yelled Adrian out loud. He apparently needed to tell everyone that now. He looked at Ember and the rest of the group.

"Exodia, destroy Aster and his friends" he then yelled "But keep Ember, the flame haired girl alive. She is my beloved Queen". Ember was not sure if she should be flattered or not. Apparently she was not considered a threat for this "king" Adrian proclaimed he now was. Aster looked in horror at Adrian, and suddenly he rushed over to Ember and co. He was shielding them in some way. Ember noticed the counter of Aster's life points slowly counting down to zero.

"What are you doing?" Adrian questioned and looked puzzled at Aster.

"Saving my friends" Aster yelled back "We are tied together Adrian, so until I completely loses, we have to stay here. Now go! and Ember save that true love of yours. After all you resemble me a bit, so if I deserve true love, so do you".

"Good idea" Crowler said and looked at the others.

"And you.. Aster" Tara said in a sad low voice. He just smiled a little at Tara.

"You can't stay here" yelled Jaden. He looked in horror at him.

"He has no choice" Zane sneered "He is tied to Adrian. Now go!". Zane grabbed Tara and began running. Ember, Syrus and Crowler had grabbed a struggling Jaden, who didn't want to leave Aster behind. The last world they all heard was. "Plasma, let's go out with a bang". Before they knew it a giant light from a fire ball could be seen in the background and they all knew Aster was no more. He had lost.

"Aster!" yelled the twins before the impact from Exodia's blast tossed them out of the cave.

Ember woke up at the sound of giant footsteps. Then she could hear someone say her name and opened slowly her eyes. Adrian was actually looking down on her.

"You okay Ember?" he questioned. Ember looked around. At her left side she could see several of her friends lying on the ground a little away from her. They looked beat but they were at least alive. To her left side was some sort of cliffside and there over the cliff was Exodia actually standing. It was actually staring down at her, but it didn't do anything because Adrian didn't order it to. Apparently Adrian had managed to tame Exodia, with the cost of Echo's duel energy. Ember was actually surprised that she hadn't yelled up or screamed up in surprise. She was calm and actually relaxed considered she was lying in Adrian's arms right now. He actually looked concerned.

"I am okay" she said slowly and snort "Now put me down!".

"Easy with the temper Ember" Adrian said and rolled his eyes, but he did put her down "I was only concerned for your well being". Ember rolled her eyes this time.

"Oh yeah right, and you wanted to destroy my friends just a minute ago" She countered and sneered. Then she sighed. She had promised Echo a chance.

"Hey I did say you should be alive" he defended "Just didn't consider that Exodia's flames were so powerful, but at least you are okay". He began walking over to Exodia once again. Ember looked at him.

"Hey so you beat Aster then?" she questioned "You sent him to the stars?".

"Where else would he be?" Adrian proclaimed and turned around and looked at her.

"So what is your agenda Adrian?" Ember questioned "What do you want here?".

"Didn't you hear my speech? I want to rule the world" Adrian said and sighed "I am going to be king, and you are gonna be my soon to be queen". Ember snort.

"I don't want to Adrian. I love Jesse. I am sorry" she said slowly. She could hear Adrian sigh a little. Ember actually noticed he looked sad.

"What is so special with the blue haired duelist?" he then said and sighed "What is it he can provide you with that I can't Ember?". Ember sighed at that.

"Freedom Adrian. Freedom and my own choices" she replied "You never understand. You were an orphan taking in by a rich family, which means you never been born into one and all the pressure. I could never be free. I never felt any love from my parents. Your parents loved you at least. I know you got neglected and was trying your hardest to get approved after you 'little brother' came to the world. However that is not the same as mine. Adrian, the first love I felt beside my brothers, was Jesse and his family. Someway as we grew older, I fell for Jesse. Compared to you, well there will always be forced situations I shall be in. I do like you Adrian, I just don't love you".

"However I love you" Adrian replied slowly "We are still going to marry you know. You said you meet Jesse.. I did too. Yubel is using him as her new host. You know there might be no saving for him right? You know he might has to die as well right?".

"I know, but I am not giving up on him" Ember proclaimed and her eyes narrowed "So in the cave Adrian, did you lie to Jaden?". Adrian snort a little.

"Of course I did" he said coldly "The twins do not need to know where he is. I am doing you all a favor. Yubel wants the twins, who knows for what. If they know where he is, Jaden would wander straight to Yubel, and in that state he is in, he will not be able to duel. No one of you stands a chance against her". 

"So why did you attack us then?" Ember asked slowly. Adrian sighed.

"Like I said, I am doing yer all a favor" He said "If the twins are not here, Yubel are not getting what she wants. It is simple math. The others are just in the way". Adrian walked over to Exodia and made it place him on it's shoulder. Adrian looked at her.

"I have some business to take care of, but when it is done, I will come to get you Ember, and then we have the time to talk about all this" he said and began leaving. Ember looked after him. She was not sure what to think. On his way out of there, Jaden began walking up. He noticed Adrian at the cliff and sneered angry at him.

"You! Adrian!" Jaden sneered angry "How could you do that to Aster?".

"Is it anything worse of what you did to your friends Jaden? I don't think so" Ember could hear Adrian reply with a smirk "If you will excuse me. I have a score I need settled". Then he began leaving. The others of the group also woke up and saw Exodia leave with Adrian at its shoulder. Ember could hear Jaden sneer and say the worlds "You will pay". She was not sure what to do or say after she had been talking with Adrian. However she just hoped that everyone would turn out alright in the end.

A,N: Well that was that chapter. Hope you liked it. As for the next chapter. Well the twins are haunted by the past. More Jaden than Tara, but Tara has her own problems as well. A certain terrible news finally reach Tara's ear. Something with a certain heart hehe. How are she gonna take that I wonder? At the same time Jaden is trying to conquer the past and a certain Vampire appears once again as well as old friends. Hope it sounds interesting.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 1.7K 79
When you were young, you had everyday filled with happiness and laughter with your family. You thought nothing could ever go wrong. Until it did... D...
41.1K 590 7
Y/n L/n, A friend to Jaden Yuki and a friend to Alexis Rhodes who thought he had disappeared but reappears in her life at the Entrance Exam to get in...
5.6K 148 10
A Gx and Beauty and the beast crossover. Like in the story of B and the b, there is a hideous monster, enchanted spell, a beautiful girl and a selfis...
18.2K 216 17
Though I don't own Yu-gi-oh GX all rights go to Kazuki Takahashi and this is my fourth fanfiction of yu-gi-oh GX story. Also FFStoryReader22 on fanfi...