Being young

By beyonceisnumber1

high school love story College tragedy - The dramatic life of a Young Beyonce More

PART 1
PART 1: chapter 1
PART 1: chapter 2
PART 1: chapter 3
PART 1: chapter 4
PART 1: chapter 5
PART 1: chapter 6
PART 1: chapter 7
PART 1: chapter 8
PART 1: chapter 9
PART 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
PART 1: Chapter 12
PART 2
Part 2: Chapter 1
PART 2:Chapter 2
PART 2: Chapter 3
PART 2: Chapter 4
PART 2: Chapter 5
PART 2: Chapter 6
Part 2: Chapter 7
Part 2: Chapter 8
PART 2: Chapter 9
PART 2: Chapter 10
PART 2: Chapter 11
PART 2: Chapter 12
PART 2: Chapter 13 (1)
PART 2: Chapter 13 (2)
PART 3
PART 3: Chapter 2
PART 3: Chapter 3
PART 3: Chapter 4
PART 3: Chapter 5
PART 3: Chapter 6
PART 3: Chapter 7
PART 3: Chapter 8
Part 3: Chapter 9
PART 3: Chapter 10
PART 3: Chapter 11
PART 3: Chapter 12
PART 3: Chapter 13
PART 3: Chapter 14
PART 3: The End
AN
MY BOOKS
A BAD GIRL

PART 3: Chapter 1

1.2K 74 17
By beyonceisnumber1

(Beyoncé's side of the room is the right side- photo attached)  

Beyoncé  POV:

"Biochemistry is the branch of science that explores the chemical processes within and related to living organisms. It is a laboratory based science that brings together biology and chemistry. By using chemical knowledge and techniques, biochemists can understand and solve biological problems..."

I had read that page a thousand times already, the thick book rested on my crossed legs as I sat on my bed and gazed down at it. I wasn't in the mood for this, I simply couldn't take any notes at all or answer any questions or read another page. I just couldn't. I leaned my head back onto the wall and looked back down at the page wondering how I was going to get through this, I knew everything there was to know, I had been studying since the day we started, I got full marks on every assignment and I was confident within myself but there was always something telling me to work a little harder and do a little extra. I tried to do that as often as possible but today I just couldn't. It was already 8 pm and I hadn't ate dinner yet. Living on campus was a great thing and it's been proven that students who live on campus perform better than those who live off: Perhaps it's because students living in dorms are closer to the things they need, like the library and the computer labs. Or maybe it's because the meal plan that comes with most dorms takes the pressure off having to forage for food, giving students more time to study. And think of all the potential study partners floating around the hallways or energetically highlighting their textbooks in the study lounge. However, Communal bathrooms are... well, an experience. If I had a lot of siblings I probably would have been more used to it or I would mind less of sharing my space but I didn't and so I've had a lot more adjusting to do. I've always had my own bathroom but I guess you can't stay in your comfort zone forever.  Many halls only have one bathroom for guys and one for girls, meaning that twenty-eight girls may need to shower all at the same time. But this rarely happens. Everyone's schedule is different, so we don't  really have to wait too long to shave a shower and all that.  I quickly learned that the most important piece of equipment I need for your trips to the bathroom is a pair of flip-flops to protect my feet. Communal bathrooms aren't the cleanest of places. My father offered to pay extra for me to get my own dorm with the en-suite bathroom but I decided against it- sharing is a once in a life time opportunity I didn't want to give up. Last year during Jay's first year he got a suit-style dorm so he only had to share the bathroom with his roommates (There were three people in his room) and that was all. He's been rubbing it in my face all year but I don't mind because half the time I go to his new apartment to shower anyway.

"Beyoncé?" I looked away from the window and let my eyes fall on Mona who was walking in our room with a pile of books overflowing from her hands, I quickly chuckled then jumped down from my bed to help her with the books she was carrying. Mona Chevalier- my roommate- was often walking around with a pile of books, half of which she never actually needed but carried them just in case. 

When it came to our future careers we were both in the same both, neither of us really knew what we wanted to actually do but we chose to study things that we enjoyed and found interesting. For me that was Biochemistry and for her it was Math, I guess science and math go hand in hand and so that's probably why we got along so well. 

"Scott gave me this, he said you left it at class" As we placed her books down on the table she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out my small notebook. It wasn't really for anything other than doing small doodles in when I was bored but I still liked to have it on me, of course Scott would know that. Scott Jones was a young man I've become very close to since I came here. He regularly sits beside me during lectures so over time we just became friends, then we started talking outside the lectures and now we talk all the time. 

"Ah, I was looking for that everywhere. Thanks" I took it out of her hands and smiled at her as she took of her jacket in order to go and hang it up in the closet by the door. Our room wasn't that bad, by the door we had a small shoe stand and a closet for our jackets and then we had our beds with our tables and everything. Right at the front of the room was a round table and on that we had our mini fridge and other appliances we needed to store things in but it wasn't too much otherwise the room would be too packed. Some of the kids have full sized refrigerators and coffee makers and everything. It's actually crazy.  

"What are you gonna do tomorrow?" She jumped onto her bed and smirked at me while I rolled my eyes and walked back over to my bed to sit facing her. 

"It's Saturday, I'l call my family and I'll chill then study. What will you be doing, Mo?" I sat there with an innocent look on my face and she shook her head with a smile. 

"We both know that's a lie!" She yelled before reaching over to her table and picking up a box of Reese's pieces, "You're gonna wake up, eat, make yourself look all good then go to your boo's house and do whatever it is Y'all do" She raised her eyebrows and popped a candy in her mouth before she continued, "Then you're gonna come back all tired and call your parents because yo ass almost forgot" She laughed and I gasped. 

"Like you're any better!" I yelled at her with a wide grin, "How many times have you gone to Evan's dorm room and had sex when his roommates aren't there?" I tilted my head to the side and she just squinted her eyes before throwing candy at me and I laughed. "You two have no respect! You better not do that in here or I swear-" 

"Yes I know, but c'mon don't act like y'all ain't doing it. You came into college a virgin little miss perfect and yo ass sure as hell ain't gonna make it through the first year that way" She threw the box over to me so I could eat some and I did before shrugging. 

"I don't intend to, it's just never the right time" I burned bright red and she rolled her eyes before laying back on her bed. 

"It's always the right time" She laughed and I just rolled my eyes and looked back down at my books. Honestly Mona and Evan go at it like animals, if she's got a minute to spear she'll be with him and they're all over each other. They started dating last year and since then they've been like this but sometimes it becomes a bit too much, I understand Y'all are in love and you're young and all that- I mean heck so am I- but is sex every minute really necessary? Evan is a lovely guy and he's really funny but if makes her fail anything Ima kill him myself. 

"You should be studying" I picked up my book and looked down at it with my chin up acting all posh when she twisted her face and sat back up to look at me. 

"yes yes yes, well done for being a high achiever Bey, Kudos!" She looked at me blankly and I busted out laughing, "It's Friday night, let's go out. To a club! A PARTY!" She immediately jumped up off the bed and looked at me with hopeful eyes but I shook my head. 

"No way, it's the middle of January why the hell would anyone respectful be having a party?" I shrugged and I continued, "that's for drugs and alcohol and bad things" I lifted my book to my face but she pulled it away and smiled, 

"Sounds great doesn't it" She moved her eyebrows up and down while I just pushed her away from me and laughed. 

"It sounds terrible and you should know by now that all those lies we heard about college parties were just that, LIES!" She started stripping out of her clothes so she could get in her pyjamas and get comfy while I shook my head at her, "You know I don't like the club anyway" I reached under my bed and pulled out my laptop ready to load up a movie and get to my own thing because I knew it was most likely that Mona was going to shove her headphones in and listed to music. 

"That's because you're socially awkward" She pointed out, I insistently threw my head toward her as she held back her laughed. 

"Am not!" I yelled at her but she just shook her head and laughed. 

"Whenever you go to Jay's you call to make sure Xavier isn't there first" She laughed and I shook my head fast. 

"That's only because he scares me" I laughed a little myself while she sat up in her bed and looked toward me. 

"You've never even had a conversation with him. Yous aw him and was like 'well he's a big black man he's scary' and that was it." She started, "Your only friends here are your roommate-me- your roommate's boyfriend-Evan- and a guy in your class- Scott- and you've not even bothered to really talk to anyone else and look how long you've been here." I shrugged and looked away from her. 

"That's enough" I said lowly. 

"Bey, you've come so far and you've grown so much. You think I didn't listen when you told me about everything? You think I don't realise the way your friends and family back home are so protective over you for all of that. I see it" She sighed and then continued, "You've become a much stronger person from what I've heard and that's great but there's no use no longer being scared of people or no longer being afraid of the worst if you don't jump once in a while" She looked at me with a soft face and I stared at her. 

"Jump?" I asked, she nodded her head and smiled. 

"You're not scared of getting on the roller coaster and deep down you want to go on the roller coaster and no one is stopping you or telling you not to but you won't do it. That's what you're doing Bey" She elaborated, "You're not scared of these people, you know you're amazing and you realise your worth. You have the ability to make a lot of friends and get along well with people, start fresh and that's what we all want for you but you won't do it" I nodded in agreement before I replied. 

"What if I like having a small group of friends?" I asked with raised eyebrows. 

"That's cool, no one really cares about quantity any more it's just that you didn't even make your friends on your own. You were forced to share a room with me so we had to talk at some point, you've seen Evan too many times not to talk to him and Scott won't leave you alone. You need to approach someone at some point and make friends. Stop being all antisocial" She smiled at me and I nodded. 

"Is this your way of telling me to talk to Xavier?" I asked her. She laughed and nodded her head. 

"Come on Bey! He's your boyfriends housemate, you've gotta at least say hello to the dude. Maybe then you'll realise that you actually like talking to new people" She took her headphones off the table and Looked at me. 

Xavier Jennings. He was a strange guy, he was always so quiet that he could probably be in this room right now and I wouldn't even know. He liked to be by himself most of the time from what I could tell and he overall just scared me. There was just something off about him that I didn't like, Jay had told me multiple times that he's fine and actually really cool once he starts talking but I just couldn't see it. I don't know. 

-Thank you for reading. Soooooo This is the first Chapter for Part 3!! How do you like it so far? Got some New Characters.... Mona Carlos: Bey's roommate, a Math Major (Played by: Emanuela de Paula). Evan Parks: Mona's boyfriend, computer sciences (Played by: Chris Pine). Scott Jones: Bey's friend from her class (Played by: Frank Ocean). Xavier Jennings: Jay's housemate (Played by: Will smith) 

1) How are you feeling about the book?

2) What do you think of Mona?

3) What do you think of Xavier?

4) What do you think is coming up in Part 3?

5) What career do you think Bey should go into?

6) What do you want to see in the next chapter? 

7) Which character (out of the new ones) do you want to see the most or more often?

8) Do you think there will be anyone who causes any problems and if so who and why? (You can literally come up with any problem that might come and then come up with your own character or chose from one of the new ones) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Temptation By Siren

Teen Fiction

9.3K 119 8
Lauren is your average stud, she plays basketball, has friends, and stays out the way and has a lot of girls who want to be with her despite this she...
504K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
34.2K 7.8K 200
#2 in short story on 20th July, 2017 Short in words, not in depths...
52.7K 787 14
i wanna be a friend you can keep.. [π•€π• π•”π•šπ•’π• π•žπ•–π••π•šπ•’ + π•šπ•£π•] | MATURE CONTENT | ©️HoodMonaLisa