Is It Love? (An Our2ndLife/Jc...

By shelbigrace

*NOT A JC+CONNOR FANFIC* Veronica and Connor were meant to be together from the start. No one was buying the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 7

897 20 3
By shelbigrace

***Ronnie's POV***

I walked outside and the cold air nipped at my cheeks. I looked to the side and feel his hand wrapped around my waist, filling me with warmth. I hoped he never lets me go. He suddenly stopped walking and turned me towards him, tilting my head so I would look into his eyes. Those perfect green eyes..

“Veronica?” I looked up, startled.

“Veronica, honey, are you okay?” Ms. Atkin asked me in a worried tone.

What was going on?

“Finally. Come on, we need to get this finished,” Lauren said from across the room.

Oh, right! I came here to work on the project with Lauren after school. I guess i must have dozed off a bit..

“Well are you going to help out, or not?” Lauren glared at me.

This was going to be a long day if all she was going to do was snap at me.

“Yeah, i’m sorry Lau, I just don’t feel too good,” I replied.

She grabbed a piece of paper and a pair of scissors from the table, and started cutting vigorously.

“Don’t call me Lau. Only my friends call me that,” She snapped at me.

She put the scissors down and got up to throw the excess paper in the trash can.

Ms. Atkin told us that she was going to grade some scantron sheets in the teacher’s planning room. I think that maybe she just wanted to give us some privacy, and I applaud her for that.

“Last time I checked, I was your best friend,” I retorted.

“Really? Because I thought that Connor was your best friend. What happened to that?” She asked, finally looking at me.

I took a step towards her, and she instantly backed away, I moved our poster so that I could see it better while I calmed myself down.

“Look Lau, I don’t understand why you are so hung up on Connor and I. But we need to get this project done. So can’t we at least be civil to each other? And maybe get some work done? Why are you even mad at me anyway?” Words just kept spilling out of my mouth.

Lauren looked down and rolled a glue stick around in her hands.

“I’m just jealous of how much Connor likes you. I mean it’s obvious that he does, have you seen the way he looks at you? Pretty much every girl in this school likes him, i mean he’s Connor Franta for goodness sake. And the one girl that he actually likes is scared of getting close to him. How convenient is that?” She asked.

This was a really touchy subject for me, and Lauren knew it. I couldn’t believe that she was freaking out about it so much.

“Lauren, you know why I am scared to get close to him. I mean I want to, but you know I can’t. Not after..” I trailed off.

“I know,” She tilted her head up from the project to look at me. “I know you can’t. I shouldn’t overreact over something so stupid! I mean he’s just a boy, right?” She was trying to convince herself of the fact.

I grinned at her. Now that was the Lau I was looking for.

Ms. Atkin walked back into the classroom at just the right time. It made me wonder if she was listening through the door..

“Well girls, I have to get going, so you should probably start cleaning up,” She said as soon as she walked in the door.

“Hey Lau, do you just want to finish this up at my house? I can ask Timothy if you can stay over,” I asked, hoping that she would want to.

“Yeah, I’ll ask my mom,” She responded without pause.

I’m so glad that things were finally back to normal.

Well, at least with Lau.

***Connor’s POV***

“What’s your deal with that girl, man? Are you ever going to do anything about her?” Ross asked.

My parents and most of my older siblings were gone, so I asked him to come over and help me take care of some of my little brothers.

Zach and Brian who were 7-year-old twins, and Thomas who was 10.

“Why do you care?” I sighed and looked at him.

“Because if you want her, just go and get her. Any girl at our school would be more than happy to hop in a bed with you,” He smirked at me.

I don’t know why I waste my time on this guy. All he ever thinks about is sex, not having an actual relationship with someone.

“I don’t just want to get her in a bed with me, Ross. I know it may be hard for you to believe, but i actually care about her,” I snapped.

I heard my front door open and shut, which meant that my parents were home. Maybe now I could go and talk to Veronica instead of being trapped here with these kids.

Including Ross.

“Wow, feelings? I can’t believe you still have those after Jennifer,” Ross replied.

I cringed at the name. Jennifer Allen. That mistake that happened to me last year. i hoped that Veronica never found out about her, but I know I would have to tell her.

“Yeah, I actually do have feelings, do you have a problem with that?” I said back at him, slightly annoyed.

He stared out the window, looking as if he was trying to come up with an answer, but then I realized that he was just staring at a girl

Of course.

“Look at her! Man, I’d tap that!” He said.

He seemed to have forgotten that we were actually carrying on a conversation at all.

I looked out the window to see who he was staring at to find Lauren and Ronnie walking to her house.

Then I came up with an idea.

“Ross! Can you distract Laure for a minute while I go talk to Ronnie?” I asked, almost yelling at him.

“Who’s Lauren?”He asked, completely oblivious.

I rolled my eyes at how dumb he actually is. How could he not know who Lauren was? He saw her everyday.

“The girl that you’re staring at. She sits with us everyday at lunch,” I said, my tone rushed.

“She does?” He asked.

I couldn’t deal with his stupidity, we only had a limited amount of time.

“Yes, will you just help me out here?” I asked again.

“I guess so,” He responded.

I barely even heard what he said, because I was already halfway out of the door.

As he walked towards Lauren, I could see her practically melt right before his eyes. That was kind of weird, coming from her.

Meanwhile, my nerves were growing stronger with each step I took towards Veronica. Once she saw me, she turned around and continued walking towards her house.

I grabbed her arm lightly and turned her to face me.

“What are you doing here Connor?” She asked, not looking at me.

“Well Ross really wanted to talk to Lauren alone, so I had to distract you,” I half lied.

“Are you sure that it wasn’t the other way around?” She looked up at me, tossing her beautiful dark brown hair over her shoulder.

She could see right through me, like always. I loved how well she knew me.

“You caught me,” I said, smiling at her.

She smiled back before quickly wiping it away. Why was it so hard to make her happy?

“Look, Connor, I can’t talk now,” She said, looking away again.

I frowned at her choice of words.

“You can’t talk talk, or you don’t want to talk?” I asked.

“I just can’t, okay?” She asked back.

I rolled my eyes, showing my irritation.

“Right,” I responded sarcastically.

She looked up at me again. Those deep brown eyes were so hard to read.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked.

She put her hands on her hips and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

“You can’t talk. I get it, you’re too busy for me,” I teased her.

She brought her arms up and crossed them in front of her chest.

“I’m not too busy for you,” She responded.

“Well then let’s talk,” I persisted.

She looked down, and I could tell that she was trying to come up with a good excuse.

“No, I can’t,” She finally responded.

“Why not?” I practically begged.

She looked into my eyes once again, then over my shoulder.

“Because your distraction is bailing out,” She said to me with a smile.

As Lauren approached her, she turned away from me and started toward her house.

“What was that?” I asked Ross as soon as he walked up to me.

I was so close to talking to Ronnie, to getting something out of her, and he had to ruin.

“I got bored,” He simply replied.

“You bailed on me because you were bored?” I asked for clarification.

He turned his head, then looked back at me.

“Yeah pretty much,” He said, then headed back to the house.

Typical Ross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I didn't wait a billion years before updating this time, but just so you know, I'm not gonna update every day.

Love Always,

~shelbigrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 536 44
This is a story about girl named Katrina Kennady. She has a sister, and she has to take care of her. Cause when she was 15 and her sister was 10 ,mom...
9.2K 157 44
A girl is saved by the one and only Connor Franta from her horrendous boyfriend. THey become bestfriends, but will they become more?
137K 5.5K 72
**PREVIOUSLY TITLED ABORTION** Niall Horan AU It's hard enough being pregnant, but it's even more difficult when that very pregnancy was the result o...
63.3K 1.6K 24
" I couldn't explain what drew me to Jc, but something about him felt like home and after everything I had been through I needed that more than anyth...