Save Me

By Urban__Hood

No place to call home, falling into the wrong arms when you felt all alone , living a life you never imagined... More

Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
It Aint Easy Ch.1 Insert.
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
Love Me
HONEST INSERT 1!!!
HONEST INSERT TWO !!

57

6K 292 76
By Urban__Hood

Justine

I was sitting in the living room watching Netflix and eating my watermelon slices with salt because when August came home he had a stank ass attitude even after I tried to talk to him so I just left him to himself.

I knew how he sometimes got when he was in his feelings about something so he'd usually come to me when he was ready, I wasn't stressing over it.

It was around 3 in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I was up, I had gotten some work done and did a little online shopping before watching tv.

As I was getting into my show there was a knock on the door, I furrowed my eyerbrows because everyone who was here-- meaning only Monica, August and Mya were sleeping.

I slowly got up and walked towards the door, I grabbed my gun that was under the end table close to the door and looked out the peep hole. I couldn't really tell who it was but I could make out a male's figure.

"Who is it?" I called.

Mike Jonnnneeeez! " I laughed and unlocked the door already knowing who it was. 

"Melly! " I said as I pulled him into a hug.

"Wassam pretty black, lil niece" He said leaning down a little and rubbing my stomach, I chuckled he was so sure I was having a girl, claiming it ran in the family.

"Whea' ya ol'man at? " He asked as he  walked all the way  in and shut the door. I frowned and folded my arms leaning against the door.

"He's in the back, what are you doing here so late? Is something going on?" He sighed as he played with the end of my braid and shrugged.

"Ion know Jay, he called me earlier tripped out so 'course I tol' that nigga I was comin.. lemme go holla at him real quick " I bit my bottom lip and nodded slowly.

"OK well he's sleeping right now he was high and drunk when he got here so you could go put your stuff in one of the guest rooms down the hall and get some rest.. I'm going to bed but you know where every thing at make yourself comfortable"

"Fasho sis" he said as he scratched his head. I  turned and walked down the hall that led to August and my room.

All of the lights were off so I just tip toed in and slipped out of my pajama shorts getting in the bed behind him. I turned on my side and closed my eyes. I felt him move around under the covers until he was close enough to me to put his arm around me and lock my legs in between his.

  I didn't mine though, it was one of those awkward positions that I felt most comfortable in while being pregnant.

A few hours later

I woke up at around 10 and felt the bed to see if August was still there, he wasn't so I sighed and laid there a few more minutes.

When I finally did get up to wash my face and brush my teeth, I slipped on some bottoms and my furry slippers. Once I walked out of my room and down the hall I stopped-- hearing all of the chaos made me roll my eyes and groan, it was so damn loud for no reason.

There was whining and crying, loud talking, music playing, pots and pans banging together and it just irked my nerves.

I stood in the middle of the dining room just watching everybody until I started to get a headache.

"Everybody stop!" I yelled as I held my stomach from the little pain I was feeling.

"Y'all so damn loud"  I frowned as I continued to hear Jace cry.

"Oh good mawnin' sis, I'm makin breakfast." I gave mel a small smile and made my way into the living room.

"Thanks Mel, I got him" I said to Monica who was having a hard time getting Jace to quiet down while she was on the phone talking a mile a minute. She hurriedly stood up and grabbed her purse.

"Thank God! I'm late gotta go" she rushed out the door. I shook my head as I pushed the pacifier into his mouth gently and rocked him until he was quiet.

"Mya will you cut that radio dowwn and do Vaeh'a hair for me?" I asked with a pleading look as I stared at Veah who's hair was all over for some reason.

She nodded and stood up hanging up her cell phone.

"Navaeh Skye, leave Mel alone and stop asking so many questions lil girl" she looked at me and smiled.

"Ok mommy, later  Melmel" she patted his leg and walked over to me grabbing my hand.

"Do you need me to do anything mommy?" She asked.

"Yeah, get over there and let Mya do your hair then come watch Jace in his crib until I call you. I'll take y'all out somewhere later OK. She nodded and skipped over to Mya.

"Careful, don't hit that table you're gonna hurt yourself! " I called out to her.

I yawned and walked into Jace's room putting him in his crib since he fell asleep.

"Where's August? " I asked Mel, he handed me a plate with sauteed onion and  garlic shrimp, homemade gravy and grits then pointed towards the balcony.

"He out thea' ain't said a word since he got up, you'on mind if I steal 'em ta'day huh?" I shook my head.

"No that's fine with me, he's your brother take him out just don't let him do nothing stupid " I said as I ate some grits. I groaned and closed my eyes causing him to laugh.

"Dat' good huh?" I nodded.

"Mhmm, amazing imma have to hire you" I said while eating some more.

  I walked off making my way towards the balcony.

"My shit betta' then Aug's huh"

"No comment"  I yelled over my shoulder as I pushed the slide door aside and stepped out. He was sitting at the table smoking a blunt.

"Stay back baybeh, ion want ya catchin' a contact " I nodded and sat at our other table.

"Did you eat baby?" I asked. He nodded.

"Are you OK" he looked at me and blew smoke out his mouth.

"Nah" he said. I sighed.

"Well talk to me baby that's what I'm here for " he looked down and didn't say anything for a long while.

"August please " I begged him, I just wanted to know what was going on with my baby.

"I'm straight, ion need ta talk ta nobody" he sighed. I got mad and stood up.

"Fine, whatever stay to yo damn self then see if I give a fuck when you want me to"

"Baybeh wait--"

"No fuck you August! " I said while walking back into the house. I wiped the tears from my eyes that had some how managed to fall without me even knowing.

I'm such a fucking crybaby, what the fuck.

"You OK Justine" Mya asked looking up from doing Vaeh's hair.

"I'm fine!" I yelled not meaning to take my anger out on her.

"Never mess with a pregnant woman when she going through the motions... " I heard mel say to Mya as he laughed.

"Shut up! " I said as I stomped in the room and slammed the door. I got in bed and put the covers over my head.

I hated that I was pregnant some times, my mood swings were every where.

August

"You done fucked up nah boy" Mel came outside laughin. I shook my head and ran my hand down my face.

"I know"

"You know you ain't Neva supposed to make a pregnant chick mad, das' bad business bruh" he laughed. I side eyed him and shook my head.

"Mama using" I mumbled. He was still laughing but I know he heard me.

"Watchu said?" He asked. I looked up and put my blunt out.

"Mama us--"

"Nah I heard ya the first time, why the fuck would you say some shit like that. Momma wouldn't do that shit " he started gettin mad, I frowned and stood up.

"The fuck I gotta lie fa bruh, I done saw dis' shit with my own two eyes matta'  fact come on" I stood up and pulled my keys out my pocket. 

"Whea' we going " I looked back and turned my lip up at him.

"Whea' you think, momma house nigga"

"I know ya betta watch who ya talkin ta. I'ca still whoop yo ass ain't shit change but ya age and I'm still olda' my nigga" I fanned him off as we walked past the living room. I leaned down and kissed Vaeh on the forehead.

"Mya, tell Jay I'a be back later" she laughed.

"Ion think she gone care but OK"

An hour later we pulled up ta my momma house and thea' was an unfamiliar car in ha drive way. We jumped out and walked up ta the door that was wide open makin me look at Mel.

"Yo what the fuck " he stepped in and I followed looking around the house was a mess and it smelled like shit in hea'.

"Momma! You home " Mel called out, I ain't even gone lie a nigga was scared like a mu'fucka. I may not see eye ta eye with ha but that was still  my momma and I'd hate ta have to fuck ova somebody life fa playing with ha.

We heard a noise coming from the living room so we followed it and to my fuckin surprise thea' she was.

   Ha and a local drug dealer, nigga was helpin ha shoot up. I immediately felt my anger rising as I tackled him.

"August stop!!" I heard my momma yell but I couldn't.

"You giving my momma drugs nigga!" I yelled as I swung left and right hitting him nowhere but his face. I saw blood but that still ain't stop me.

"Mel get him out of my house!! " she yelled. He pulled me off the nigga and I was bout ta go off on his ass until he took my place beating the nigga ass.

He picked him up and threw him through the glass table.  The nigga groaned and reached down, but Mel grabbed the gun he was trinna get.

"Get the Fuck outta hea' and don't eva' come ta my momma house again or I swea' on my kids i'a kill ya fam" the nigga nodded and limped out the house as fast as he could.

I was breathing heavy trinna catch my breath as I stared at ha with tears in my eyes.

"Why you doin' dis' ma!" I yelled.

"Mind your fuckin business I'm grown I could do what I want " she said, I wiped my eyes and shook my head.

"That shit hurt tho momma, you know how it was with my daddy and That nigga Kelvin so why would you do this, you'on care bout us.. yo kids? "

"Not you, ion give a fuck about you. I hate looking at you, you's a disgrace--"

"Ma don't fucking say that ta him!" Mel cut in standing in front of me. I couldn't do shit but cry afta hearin does words out my own momma mouth.

"Das ya son ma, ya Baybeh boy "

She laughed like a crazy person and shook her head.

"No, you my son. My pride and joy, I love you Baybeh" she touched his face and he grabbed ha hand.

"But I love you too ma! What about me?" I asked, she looked at me with disgust written all ova my face.

"Get him outta my house Melvin" she said looking at Mel. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Nah, man what's goin on why ya doin dis ta him?" He asked ha. She looked at me with tears in ha eyes.

"He killed my husband! " the only thing I could do was look down in shame. How she knew was a mystery to me but that didn't matta' the only thing she cared about was that nigga.

His ass still had a hold on ha even in death.

I sobbed like a child as I held my head down.

"Man come on we fixin' dis shit " he tol me  as he grabbed momma hand.

Once we reached my truck he got ha in the back with a lil struggle.
  I got on the passengers side and let him drive.

"Where the hell you taking me?" She asked while trying to get out but failed due to the child lock.

"Rehab, this shit ends ta'day " he said in a grumble.

"Ion need no damn rehab let me out this damn car!" She started kicking at my windows and screaming help.

"Ma chill the fuck out!! " he pressed onna breaks hard making us jerk forward. She stopped and looked at him with a glare while breathing heavily.

"Aug  you good bro" I nodded while playing with my goatee.

"Look, don't even let what mama said get to ya iight. Its the drugs talkin' bruh" I nodded as I stared at ha scratchin' ha arm through the mirror.

"How ya do it man?" I asked lowly. He glanced at me.

"Do what?"

"Still be cool and calm even afta all the shit that happens... you'on Neva let shit bother you, how you do it?" I asked. He sighed.

"Shit does bother me bruh, I just gotta hold it in and deal with my feelings at anotha time. I'm the oldest meanin' I gotta be thea' fa you and momma no matta' what. Ya feel me" I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess das' why momma loved you and why I always wanted ta be you" he chuckled.

"We ain't about ta get into that. Momma love both of us the same she just ain't in ha right state of mind " I licked my lips and looked out the window.

"You know, people speak on how thet really feel when they on drugs" momma said. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried my hardest not ta cry no more but I did.

"I know" I said back ta ha.

No matter what my brotha' said, I always knew that momma loved him more. She showed it in every way even when we was kids.

    The only time I  got treated like she actually loved me and cared was when Mel wasn't around.

  It was fucked up but I ain't care, I only wanted my momma ta love me like she loved my brotha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 1
I was Mama's doll. I was not to be anything but a doll. Everything I had was Mama's. I was to never grow up and I was absolutely never to fall in lov...
269K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
208K 5.4K 50
Where did we go wrong we promised we'd always be there for each other....I guess forever was a lie
63 0 20
I ran away from my past not because I was afraid of it or because it was ugly. I didn't leave because I wanted to forget my past, I just wanted to fo...