56

August

A week later

"Say sis " Monica looked up from ha phone at me. I came in the guest room she had been staying in since Jay moved back in with me.

I had came in hea' to talk to ha about something but I been meanin ta see what was up with my sista', she been actin' real funny lately and she ain't been staying at ha house.

"Whats up Aug? " she smiled but knowin ha, I knew it wa'nt a real smile.

"I came up in hea' ta ask ya help with some'in but somethin' wrong whicha, I ca' tell" she frowned and laughed a lil bit while shakin' ha head.

"I'm good Aug--" I raised my hand cuttin' ha off.

"Don't gimme dat 'I'm good' shit, I know you Moni " I said. She sighed and looked down playin with  ha fingas.

"Really August it's nothing, I don't wanna bother you with my problems" As she was saying that I could tell by the look she was givin me that those words wa'nt true.

"Watchu mean man, you my sista you always looked out fa a nigga  you ain't Neva a botha' to me cause if ya was you wouldn't be in my house" I nudged ha, she smiled a lil bit and rolled ha eyes.

"Whateva big head" she leaned ha head on my shoulder and exhaled deeply.

"Fa'real tho, wassup with ya?" I asked.

"Its every thing Aug, you know I went to visit my mom yesterday... and--and uuh, then I visited Kelvin too"  I rubbed my hand down my face. I already knew where this was going. Even though I couldn't stand that bastard fa the life of me-- he was still my sista's daddy.. the only parent she had left at that.

"I know he did a lot of shit Aug but he was the only one I had left, now --now I don't have nobody " I frowned and shook my head.

"That ain't true Monica, you still got me and everybody else watchu mean you ain't got no one? " I asked. She looked up at me and wiped her eyes.

"Yeah... I just --I don't know " she sighed while trailing off.

"Who got you thinkin' like dis'?"

She didn't say nothin' only looked at me then looked down letting me know that some stupid muu'fucka put something in ha head.

  Dis' been happenin' since she first started comin' round when ha momma died. She'a always go cryin' ta me or my momma sayin how she wished ha momma was still alive and Kelvin didn't love ha since he was always gone do whateva the Fuck he did, it was only cause ha friends and otha people'a put that shit in ha head and ha being so damn sensitive and soft hearted would actually believe the shit.

what kind of fuckin friends would go roun' tellin ha nobody didn't love ha... ion know man, My sista was too Damn nice ta people, always wantin ta fa'give and be nice ta the wrong ones.

"Monica... who was it?" She bit ha bottom lip and looked up at me.

"Mama Shelia" I stood up so quick and frowned. 

"Man what! I know you lying Monica " she shook ha head.

"I went to see how she was doin' ya know like I always do when I come off my business trips but this time she was acting funny with me--" I pulled at my goatee frowning as I listened ta ha.

She had been acting funny, with every body even Jay,  She'a send ha ta voicemail every time she called or had a lil nasty ass attitude. Thats my momma and all but that's why I wasn't fuckin with ha ass. Nigga ain't got time fa that.

"At first she didn't wanna answer her phone for me when I stopped over there, so I just used the spare key to get in and she went off about that saying how I had no business coming to her fucking house unannounced and she was tired of all this shit, which I didn't know what she was talking about but I asked and she said to mind my fucking business.