A Deeper Cliche

De ax93zo

Belle has never been one to like cliches. So, when she senses her life beginning to turn into one, she fights... Mais

Part 1: Ignorance
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Part 2: Enlightenment
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

8 0 0
De ax93zo

Friday, April 15 - Youth Group

Tabitha: Oh my god, can you believe who's actually here? *looking towards the front door*

Cherry & I: *following Tabitha's gaze to see an attractive man entering*

Cherry: Seriously, Tabitha? You can't tell me you're like all of the other girls at the school drooling over him.

Me: Who is that anyways?

Cherry & Tabitha: *mouths dropping open at my question they believe is ridiculous*

Me: What? You know I'm not as up to date on who's who at our school as the rest of you.

Tabitha: That's Rascal. Everyone knows who he is.

Me: Really? *turning to take a somewhat subtle look*

Cherry: Yeah, even I know who he is and I have a boyfriend. He's not that hard to notice.

James: *walking up to us* I sure hope that you're talking about me.

Tabitha: Why? You're easy to ignore. I do it all the time.

James: *childishly sticks his tongue out at her* Whatever Tabitha

Tabitha: *returns his childish actions* But seriously, we're talking about Rascal. He just came in and Belle for whatever reason didn't even know who he was.

James: Oh, yeah. Even though Cherry's in big trouble for noticing him, he's hard to miss. Even I could tell you who he was.

Me: That proves nothing. You're all ten times more popular than I could ever dream of being.

James: Again, you focus too much on God and don't notice a single thing around you.

Me: Really? This, again.

Cherry: James, sweeties. *softly touching his arm* We dropped this subject. She's getting better and we're not going to talk about it anymore. She gets it.

Tabitha: Anyways, enough about that. Does anyone know why the hell that Rascal would be coming here to youth group?

Cherry & I: *giving Tabitha the look*

Tabitha: What? "Hell" is not even that bad of a word. It's in the Bible for goodness sakes.

Me: But we're at youth group. You should at least put a filter on your mouth for anytime that you're at church.

Tabitha: *rolling her eyes* Whatever. But that's not the point and no one answered my question.

Cherry: That's because we don't know.

Alice: *walking up to us so that none of us could see her, scaring us* Did you guys notice that Rascal was here?

Alice: Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you all to death.

Tabitha: Yeah we did. Do you know what's up with him?

Alice: *looking a few times between Tabitha and I* Just the rumors going around school. Nothing new. But I am curious as to why he'd go as far as coming to church.

Cherry: What rumors?

Tabitha: Wow, I thought Belle was the oblivious one. How could you not have heard the rumors? Everyone's been talking about his crush on a religious girl. I haven't heard who it was, but I know people have been speculating about who it could be quite a bit. Do you know who it is, Alice?

Alice: *pausing for a few seconds before speaking* I'm not sure. I've heard some of the speculation, so it's been quite a few names that I've heard.

Cherry: Well who have you guys been hearing?

Me: There's no need to be spreading more gossip than is already going around. Besides, this time is supposed to be about God. Not who some guy might like or what he's doing at our youth group.

Cherry: Come on Belle, you ruin all of the fun.

Me: Seriously, Cherry. You should know better. You know how bad it can be when rumors and gossip go around the church and cause problems for your family.

Cherry: *sighing* Fine, you're right.

Tabitha: Maybe I should go up and talk to him and see if I can figure anything out.

Me: No!

Cherry, Alice, James, & Tabitha: *looking at me strangely*

Me: I just mean there's no need to go and bombard him with questions that really don't even matter. Tonight is about God, and the only thing that Rascal needs to hear about is him. So, unless you plan on doing some evangelizing to him, I think it's best to stay away.

Alice: Wow, You're more passionate than I remember. I though you were more of just a shy Bible girl.

Tabitha: She's probably right. We should leave school things for school time and just focus on youth group tonight. There's no sense in letting Rascal screw that all up.

Me: Exactly! This is time for us to get closer to God and help anyone who is visiting to find God. So, that's all that he should be to us today. Just a normal stranger who is visiting. Not some god, or whatever you all think that he is who the most popular guy in our school.

Tabitha: Well then maybe we should at least go welcome him. I'm sure a guy like him would certainly like to be greeted by four good looking girls.

Cherry: What about James?

Tabitha: What about him? He obviously doesn't matter.

James: Like he'd really like to see you and your annoying butt.

Tabitha: *flipping him off, much less subtly than I could tell she meant it to be*

Me: I think it's a good idea to introduce ourselves. And James should come because we don't need to look like we're hitting on him or whatever. I know he gets enough of that at school, Tabitha.

Tabitha: *rolling her eyes* Whatever. But it's not my fault if he falls for me because I'm too damn good to turn down *flipping her hair in a way that's supposed to look sexy, but just looks ridiculous*

Me: Language! Don't forget we're at church.

Tabitha: *rolling her eyes* Thanks a lot, cussing police.

All Five of Us: *walking over to where Rascal is standing by another boy I vaguely recognize from school and possibly even church*

Me: Hello, I'm Belle, this is Cherry *pointing at her* and her boyfriend, James *pointing towards him* this is Alice *pointing to her* and that's Tabitha *point at her* I've never seen you before here, so I hope that you'll like it. And if you need anything, we can be sure to help you.

Rascal: *smiling big at me* I'm Rascal. It's nice to meet you all. Are you the welcoming committee or something?

Me: No, we just thought that we'd introduce ourselves. I think we go to school together, so we figured we'd welcome you and let you know who we all are.

Rascal: That's too bad. If they used all of you as the welcoming committee, I'd bet you'd have a lot more people, especially boys coming in.

Me: *gaping my mouth at him* This is a church! How can you be so rude?! We are here to learn about God, not walk around like some kind of sex objects for you disgusting pigs. *walking away abruptly, not wanting to be anywhere near him anymore*

Rascal: *yelling after me* I'm sorry, I was just making a joke.

Me: *turning around* That might be good for something at school or with your friends, but that is extremely disrespectful at a place like church. So, either you find a way to start behaving less rudely, or I think it's better for you to leave.

Rascal: Look, I'm sorry *putting his hands up defensively* If I'd known it'd be that bad to you, I never would have said it.

Me: *walking back towards him, taking a deep breath* I'm sorry I overreacted. But I really do not like crude humor, if you can even call it humor, like that. It's very disrespectful. My friends an I are much more than just pretty girls. I hate it when we're reduced to that.

Rascal: Trust me, I know you're not just pretty girls. I've seen you all around school. You're much more mature, well-behaved, and all around good people than the rest of the sluts there. Again, I'm sorry for the way I said it, I didn't mean it rudely. That's just sort of the way I am. I guess I should have realized that coming into a church means that I need to act differently.

Cherry: You're allowed to come as you are, but you still have to be respectful of the people and their beliefs. But, we all forgive you.

Rascal *nodding at Cherry, then turning to look at me* Can you forgive me?

Me: Of course. I'd be a terrible Christian to not do it. Plus, I can tell you really are sorry.

Quickly my thoughts of how good he looked returned to me over the rest of the night. He'd managed to redeem himself from the terrible image that he gave to me when he'd made that rude comment. And though I hated that I was beginning to think the same way as all of the other girls in our school, about how hot and great Rascal was, I just couldn't help it. I was getting feelings all over my body that I'd never at all had before. Rascal was doing something to me that I didn't like. But, it was more than just his looks and his popularity. I could see something in the way that he apologized and interacted with us the rest of the night that made him seem right. Like a good a decent guy. And I wanted him.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Chasing Charming ✔️ De Kayla

Ficção Adolescente

33.2K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
The New Girl De ellysemeader

Ficção Adolescente

1.9K 96 30
Bella carter is the new girl. It's her senior year. She's not anti social but she's also not outspoken. Bellas unaware of the rules at her new high s...
90.4K 698 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
3.8K 137 16
*COMPLETED* She's a good girl, He's a bad boy, She's daddy's angel, He's his nightmare, Daddy may not approve, but does that stop her? *Based...