three a.m. ➳ zustin a.u.

By iamderekhale

what was supposed to be a 3 a.m. call to his ex turned into something far more. ©inspiringwifi | 2016 More

prologue ➳ at 3 a.m.
one ➳ call back
two ➳ 6a.m.
three ➳ ring ring
four ➳ is it too late now to say
five ➳ new message!
read this (please read it)
six ➳ beautiful
seven ➳ a for awkward
eight ➳ relationshits
nine ➳ snapchat me that
ten ➳ mama knows best
eleven ➳ here comes trouble
twelve ➳ pretty and petty
thirteen ➳ jack in a box
fourteen ➳ no pressure
fifteen ➳ fOoL fOr YoU
sixteen ➳ don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
snap [zustin]
seventeen ➳ wth
eighteen ➳ tweet tweet
nineteen ➳ let's start a riot
author's note
twenty ➳ far away
twenty one ➳ grass ain't greener
twenty two ➳ surprise
twenty three ➳ recovery
twenty four ➳ you plus me
twenty five ➳ hold tight
twenty six ➳ familiar faces
The DUFF (Zustin Mieber AU)
twenty seven ➳ chances
twenty eight ➳ top to bottom
twenty nine ➳ everybody hates bieber
thirty one ➳ bye bye lily
thirty two ➳ yes sir

epilogue ➳ mine

6.4K 327 778
By iamderekhale

I just wanna say you're mine, all mine. ❤️

So this chapter will start off with some cute little events actually written out between Justin and Zayn then it's gonna skip ahead to a post Justin makes about Zayn. From than on, it's gonna mostly be posts explaining what the two do and all that.

Enjoy loves. ❤️

5 months later -

A laugh bubbled from Zayn's parted lips as he slapped a hand over his quivering belly, "you're such a bastard."

"But you love me," Justin said softly over the phone and Zayn could just picture the small smile that formed on his face after he uttered those words.

"I do," he whispered back as if it were a secret when it reality, everyone knew.

Zayn sighed desperately, combing a hand through his hair, "I can't wait to see you again... One month seems like so much time."

"Well at least when I come back I'll be staying for good."

"Right... I can't believe you gave the tattoo parlor away."

"Meh, Liam will be a great owner. I trust him, besides, I am starting a new one soon so..."

"Right, I almost forgot."

"Seriously? You almost forgot that I'm starting off a whole new business to be in the same state as you? I'm broken Zayn, absolutely shattered."

Zayn grinned despite Justin not being able to see it, "well at least now you can give me that tattoo."

"Fine, it'll be your Christmas present. Yeah, my initials tatted on that ass."

"In your dreams Bieber."

"Just gotta let everyone know you're mine."

He scoffed at that, "as if anyone else from now on will be seeing my ass aside from you."

"Your friends will, my backside too apparently. They love barging into places that don't belong to them, remember?"

"Yeah," the brunette winced, "maybe you moving to LA isn't the smartest idea."

"Don't even say stupid stuff like that Zee. As long as you're there I will risk losing all my privacy. I would walk all the way across the country to be with you again."

"Don't say stuff like that if you don't want me ruining my make up," he joked, trying to not shed a tear over how sincere Justin sounded.

And Justin being the great boyfriend he is, went along with the whole thing, "well you don't need it anyways."

"Seriously not helping with the make up thing."

"Shut up and let me shower you in romantic words."

-

Zayn's life was an absolute disaster.

Okay, maybe that was a bit of an over exaggeration because technically his kitchen was the disaster but if he didn't do anything to fix it soon, his life would be a disaster.

Cooking was never one of his talents. Zayn's good at making breakfast foods mostly but can hardly boil pasta. It made no sense because absolutely everyone he knew could cook and he worked at a diner for crying out loud.

He figured he had enough time though. It was currently four in the afternoon and Justin wouldn't be getting to Los Angeles until around seven. He could just throw all of it in the trash and order some take out, pretend like he actually did something.

Zayn began to clean up the place after turning off all the fires, throwing all the ruined and burnt food into the trash. While he was doing so, his door bell rung and Zayn groaned assuming it was one or all of his best friends. Company was the last thing he needed at the moment, especially company coming from people who would make him feel worse about the situation.

He wiped his hands on the black apron around his waist and ran to the door before yanking it open. Zayn kind of wished it was Louis, Niall, or Harry considering who was actually standing their with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Justin— wow, woah, hey... didn't expect to see you here. I-I mean didn't expect you to come so soon," he winced noting how squeaky and high pitched his voice suddenly became.

This obviously rose suspicion given the face that his boyfriend gave him, "you don't seem too happy about it."

"Oh, no, no! Of course. I mean, I am! I want you here, just now isn't that great of a time to be here." The words only seemed to dig Zayn deeper into the horrid situation he was currently causing.

"Any specific reason?"

"Not anything that you might think is going on."

"What do you think I think is going on," Justin questioned, "I mean, you're obviously not cheating because look at me, who would cheat on this," the blonde smirked, gesturing towards his body.

Zayn rolled his eyes but couldn't deny it.

"And something tells me that you're probably not having a party or something because you're you."

"Hey," he spat defensively.

Justin chuckled, "I'm just pulling your leg babe. But I'm assuming you attempted to cook and failed miserably."

"What gave it away?"

"The apron, the smudges on your face, the faint smell of burnt meat," the blonde listed, sniffing the air, "damn Zee, a couple months away from me and you're back to almost burning your home down."

"Wow, thanks Justin. Very supportive."

"Oh, don't be like that."

Justin was finally moving in, dragging Zayn in for a warm hug as he placed a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead, "I missed you so much."

"Can't say the feeling's mutual," Zayn muttered despite hugging back.

"Shut up, you love me."

"Sure."

"Well okay than. I was gonna make us some dinner and take you out tonight but I guess not."

Justin began to pull away, breaking all contact with the British man but Zayn pulled him back in and buried his head into Justin's neck, "I missed you."

"And?"

"I love you."

-

"This love is tainted / I need you and I hate it / You're caught between a dream / And a movie scene / In a way, you know what I mean"

"When the dark turns to mist, / I just can't resist it / 'Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do / I'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do / The things you do, the things you do / When you're looking like this / I just can't resist it / I know sometimes I hide it / But I can't this time 'cause it's gonna defeat me / But you won't believe me, believe me"

Zayn refrained from looking at Justin because he knew it would just make him far more nervous than he currently was. But he wanted to, he wanted to know what effect the song had on his man. Instead though, Zayn decided to pull through longer and continued singing.

"'Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do / I'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do / I know, I know given a chance I'd do it again / 'Cause I can't help myself / 'Cause I can't stop myself / I just love being a fool for you / Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do / I'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do"

He licked his drying lips, the last four words coming out as a whisper, "this love is tainted."

Zayn paused to breathe for a moment, noticing that his heart was suddenly beating way too hard and far too fast. It was silent and knowing Justin, there should be a lot of talking. He wondered if he had done something wrong, if the words were too much. He feared that he ruined their relationship because the song told all, and maybe Justin wasn't ready to know it all yet.

Every question was answered the moment Zayn finally looked up, immediately being attacked by his boyfriend. He fell off the bench and onto the floor with Justin right on top of him. Zayn ignored the pain due to the simple fact that Justin was now kissing him, hands cupping his cheeks softly.

Zayn ran his hands through the Canadian's hair, free hand running down Justin's back and resting at the base. The kiss was clean and passionate, telling Justin the rest of whatever Zayn had left to say.

"Are you crying," Zayn mumbled against Justin's lips when he felt the wetness of Justin's cheek.

"No, you're crying," his boyfriend murmured, pulling away to bury his head in Zayn's neck quickly.

"Aww, my baby."

"Don't you dare."

"Fine, I won't."

-

Justin Bieber
so... he wrote me a song. i took a pic in secret a while before he started. and no matter what zayn says i DID NOT start crying.

Like • Comment • 35 minutes ago
You, Ariana Grande and 109 others liked this.

Zayn Malik
You totally started crying.
33 minutes ago • Like • 👍 5

Ariana Grande
im certainly not crying cuz of how cute you two are... nope, not at all.
30 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 3

Kylie Jenner
#goals
30 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 7

Kendall Jenner
#otp
23 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 4

Sean Evans
that's mad cute. ya'll rlly are goals. no homo though homie.
19 minutes ago • Like

Ryan Butler
Sean Evans You do realize you're saying no homo under the post about Justin's boyfriend right?
18 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 8

Sean Evans
yeah, i know. just no homo stuff on my part. what kinda straight guy walk around saying goals?? yeah, so #nohomo
15 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 1

Harry Styles
ZUSTIN LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'nnnnnnn!!!!
7 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 3

-

Jack: Seriously? Did he have to send this to me?

Zayn: Sorry, didn't know he was gonna send that to you.

"Yeah you did," Justin stated, looking over his shoulder.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

-

Zayn Malik
We had two photographers for this one position: an enthusiastic Niall and a very happy Harry. Angles boy, angles. (Justin stole my hoodie by the way, thanks babe!)

Like • Comment • 7 minutes ago
Alfredo Flores and 28 others like this.

Niall Horan
AHA! THEY CHOSE MY PICTTUE TAKE THAT HAZZA
6 minutes ago • Like

Harry Styles
;(
5 minutes ago • Like

Zayn Malik
Don't worry Harry, your picture is saved as both our homescreens.
5 minutes ago • Like • 👍 1

Harry Styles
;D
3 minutes ago • Like

Chaz Somers
this is depressingly cute
2 minutes ago • Like

Sean Evans
y'all gonna give me a cavity man
54 seconds ago • Unlike • 👍 1

-

justinbieber    

❤️ 303 likes
justinbieber Finally landed in New York. #Day1ofAllAroundTheWorld It's this close to raining yet he insisted on me taking a picture of him instead of us heading to our hotel. He's a whole different kind of idiot, but he's my idiot. via Zayn

-

zayn

❤️ 451 likes
zayn Great day in paradise with the love of my life. ❤️ #Day56ofAllAroundtheWorld Oh yeah, and he got a haircut, but we all know I rocked the buzzcut better than he does.

-

Justin Bieber
don't mind me, just blessing your news feeds with a pic of the future mr.bieber. or should i become mr.malik??? idk. im the one who proposed so i think it's only fair, don't you zayn bieber? #day301ofaroundtheworld
p.s. if you weren't smart enough to figure it out, we're engaged now. ❤️

Like • Comment • 26 minutes ago
You, Justin Bieber, and 540 others like this.

Kylie Jenner
SHUT UP!
25 minutes ago • Like • 👍 1

Kendall Jenner
There better be a vid or so help me god I'm killing the both of you!!!!!!!!!
25 minutes ago • Like • 👍 3

Justin Bieber
Kendall Jenner then how will you be at our wedding if we're both dead?
24 minutes ago • Like

Ariana Grande
nope, nah, no, that's not me silently dying inside bc of how cute you two are. nope, im fine, trust me
22 minutes ago • Like • 👍 4

Chaz Somers
i just wanna know how the quality on your iphone camera looks so good.
21 minutes ago • Like • 👍 3

Chaz Somers
and congrats to the both of you :D
21 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 1

Louis Tomilinson
Hurt him and you're a dead man Bieber. Dead. Man.
19 minutes ago • Like • 👍 8

Alfredo Flores
I'm fangirling.
18 minutes ago • Like • 👍 10

Sean Evans
^ what he said. no homo though. congratulations on your hoe days finally being over
16 minutes ago • Like • 👍 3

Hailey Baldwin
barf.
15 minutes ago • Like

Ariana Grande
Hailey Baldwin same thing i say every time i see you. i thought i dragged you by that artificial blonde hair once already. you wanna go again?
13 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 4

Justin Bieber
Hailey Baldwin i thought i blocked you lol
12 minutes ago • Like

Hailey Baldwin
you know you didn't and you know you don't want to
9 minutes ago • Like

Justin Bieber
i definitely do. i've just been enjoying my life with my fiancé so much that i totally forgot about taking out the trash. yikes. sorry.
8 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 5

Ariana Grande
seems like i dnt even gotta cutchu. justin's gonna do it.
7 minutes ago • Like

Hailey Baldwin
but you've been fucking and flaunting trash for like two years now, lol. seems like your standards have lessened. the dick got you brain dead, aye bieber?
7 minutes ago • Like

Harry Styles
wtfffffffffffff
6 minutes ago • Like • 👍 1

Sean Evans
nah son, you foul for that. how you pull something like that on their engagement day? you dead wallin'. some of ya white girls got no respect.
5 minutes ago • Like • 👍 6

Chaz Somers
you better put some respek on zustin's name
4 minutes ago • Like • 👍 2

Justin Bieber
there's so much i can say right now that will absolutely ruin you, but zayn told me to chill out. the SAME GUY you just called trash is tryna protect your feelings. zayn is far from trash. he's absolute perfection no matter what you have to say about that. don't be mad because i was using you the whole entire time just to forget about zayn. i don't want you hailey, i never did and i never will. stop playing yourself and stop trying to bring others down because you're bored, it's pathetic. zayn does not have to go walking around naked on a daily basis to attract the attention of many like you have to. he doesn't have to beat others down with hurtful words to feel better about himself. he's happy, which is one thing you'll never be because you're too bitter and too busy hating on everyone because everyone else has people who actually care about them. he's more than you'll ever be and that's a fact hailey. say something about my fiancé now.
4 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 8

Selena Gomez
This is all too cute, I can't even. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I'm happy for you Justin, and I'm proud of you too. Treat him right, you've got a diamond.
2 minutes ago • Unlike • 👍 2

Zayn Malik
I love you.
1 minute ago • Like • 👍 3

-

Justin Bieber
he's gonna kill me when he sees this but oh well... it's 3am in peru right now and im up just watching him sleep. it's kinda creepy but who cares. im mostly thinking about how all of this started at 3am, him and i. all the drama, the heartbreak, the happiness, the joy, the lust, the excitement... it all happened because of a mistaken 3am call and now here we are, together.
today marks our 2 year and however many months anniversary. zayn probably knows the actual amount of months, i've lost track.
today also makes it a whole year since we began traveling around the world.
1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,563,000 seconds with this man.
it saddens me that there are no words to describe just how much i love him, but god, i love him far more than anyone else could ever imagine. and i know we're still young but im certain that i want to spend the rest of my days with zayn malik.
i know forever is a long time... so let's just be together 'til whenever.
1 whole year away from family and friends, yet i've never been this close to home in my life.
you are my home zee. and i love you. ❤️

Like • Comment • 15 seconds ago

[~]

This chapter literally made me cry, like I legit shed a tear while writing it. I don't even know if it's the fact that this is over or just how sweet the two are but I can't even deal right now.

Before I go deeper into that, I want to clarify a few things.

1) THEY HAVE BEEN DATING FOR OVER TWO YEARS. Remember, there were time skips after Justin came along and stayed for like three months I think? Then there was the five month time skip in this chapter, then the one month time skip to Justin being back in LA. And then they went all happy dappy for a really long time. In between the pictures and stuff, there are time skips too, like a lot sooooooooooooo, yup, over two years.

2) I have a feeling some of you are like, what happened to their jobs? Screw their jobs, they'll be fine.

3) I'm very well aware of the fact that the wedding ring on Zayn's finger in this picture is on his right, but when I flip it, it looks gross af so

4) I KNOW THIS SNAP WASNT THAT ACCURATE BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY OKAY BYE

I think that's all.

-

OKAY, I just want to thank you all so much for making it through like two, three months with me on this story. This is the fastest I've ever finished a fic and its my longest one too. I know updates got slow but that's because the end of the year means finals and regents which means a whole lot of work for me!!!!!!! So I had to do that.

But I truly enjoyed writing this, you guys don't even understand. It is hands down the best book I've ever written and I'm so proud of the development and allat.

Honestly, when I got back I thought that no one would want to read anything I had to write because I was gone for so long but I published the first actual chapter of this and BOOM! People loved it, wanted more. I can't even believe that this story took off the way it did. I expected like 10 votes on every chapter but I slowly began building up from 40 to 50 to 60 etc. and it's crazy.

AND THE COMMENTS ARE MORE THAN YHE VOTES WHICH IGE ALWAYS WANTED OKAY OKAY

God, no words can explain how much I love you guys, honestly. I would marry all of you if I could (not really, idk if I could handle tbh) like wow I love you guys.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING AROUND FOR SO LONG! It's been such a blast. ❤️

And don't even think that I'm done with you guys yet.

I will be on like a 2 weeks to maybe a month hiatus but during that time I'm going to be working on The DUFF and Snap so I have initial chapters to publish and all.

BUT OKAY I THINK I NEED TO STOP NOW BEFORE THIS BECOMES LONGER THAN THE ACTUAL CHAPTER.

Okay, I love you guys so so sooooooooooo much, no one will ever understand. One final thank you to everyone who's stuck around for all this time, you guys make me who I am. ❤️ I'm so thankful for each and every single one of you.

Thank you all for reading three a.m. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 218 23
„friends. its all we ever were„ ⟶ she loved him, but it would ruin everything. | fiction |
1.6K 111 22
Where a nasty breakup brings Alyiah closer to someone. "Don't cry over that idiot," his voice was muffled by my hair. "I'm trying not to," my voice w...
173K 6.7K 29
I was a stupid... thinking he loves me... never he did and never he will do it... i thought his friendship, his care, his talks as love... i was stup...
1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...