The Chase ▹ Ashton Irwin

By bubblesirwin

"Welcome to the chase. Might as well just call it Hell." cover by @Iucifer More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN
CHATER FOURTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE
CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX
CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE
CHAPTER NINETY
CHAPTER NINETY ONE
CHAPTER NINETY TWO
CHAPTER NINETY THREE
CHAPTER NINETY FOUR
CHAPTER NINETY FIVE
Author's Note

CHAPTER SIX

204K 4.1K 7.9K
By bubblesirwin

A/N: i apologize in advance for all the times i spell "definitely" as "deffidently" for the next 40 chapters because for some reason thats how I thought it was spelled omg

follow me on twitter if you'd like :) @whirwin

-

The next day, it was periods 1, 3, and 5 (all six periods are on mondays and then it switches off between 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 the rest of the days). Last night I had gotten all my makeup work done and even started unpacking. I was in the car with my mother, texting my a couple of my friends from Orange County. I missed them all already, and I would diffidently make time to visit them soon.

"Alright, second day!" My mother exclaimed as we pulled to the front of Palo Verde. I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and opened the door and stepped outside. I still wasn't used to this hot dry climate; it was so different from Orange County's cool, beachy, California weather. Today I wore a pair of jean shorts and a white flowy top with my hair in a side braid. I decided to just ignore all the heat and I would soon become used to it. I walked into the courtyard to see Amanda and Jessie standing towards the middle. I went over and they greeted me with a hug. "How was your first night?" Jessie half-jokingly asked. "Haha it was good! Thank God I have air condtioning." I replied

"Ooooh yeah, good thing you do. Good thing we all do." Amanda remarked.

"What classes do you got today?" Jessie asked.

"Art, spanish, chem."

"Ooooh, any cute guys?"

I thought about that a moment. I didn't really pay attention at all yesterday to whether there were cute guys in any of my classes. I decided I would do a little bit of scoping for them today.

The bell soon rang, and I quickly made my way to art and I was one of the first to be there. Miss Hullen opened the door and I quickly took my seat. The other kids at my table took their seats and of course Ashton was the last to walk through the door. He sat down right as the bell rang. Must be a new record I thought to myself.

"Alrighty class, today we're going to start project #7, Self Portraits. Yesterday we went over the basics, now i want to see what you guys can do. So, the prompt is to draw a picture of someone that you look up to, whether it be a celebrity, friend, or a parent."

I heard a heavy sigh come from across the table, which I chose to ignore. Who could I draw? I could do my mother or father, I really look up to them? But I could tell that people would all be doing their parents, so I decided to draw Rose from my all time favorite movie, "The Titanic". I couldn't really think of anyone else. Ms. Hullen dismissed us to get sarted.

The next hour was actually quite relaxing. Just me and my pencil, which is what I enjoyed a lot. I got a lot of my Rose Dawson done, all I really had to do shading and the ears. I decided to give the ears a try, because I'm not the best them. I started to make the basic shape, and I could tell these were going to be horrible.

I started to earse them and then I heard a low chuckle across the table from me. I look up to see Ashton looking at my paper, laughing? I was a little embarrassed, a little bit mad. I know this boy kind of intimidated me, but I'm a woman of my words, and I decided to say something.

"What?" I snapped.

"Your work sucks." He said nonchalantly. As if he was so used top putting people down.

"Oh yeah?" I said back. "And how good is yours-" my voice stopped when I looked down at his paper. I wasn't sure who he was drawing, but it was absolutely perfect. It litrally looked like a black and white photograph. The facial features, the hair, the shading. I was honestly blown away by that someone like him couldn't have done that.

Well, at this point I didn't know what to say back because I really couldnt say anything. "I..." I started to say.

"Let me help you." Ashton said abruptly. Those words sounded quite werid comng out of his mouth, even though his tone of voice was so emotionless and monotone. I didn't really know what to do, so I just slowly handed him my paper. "Everything else is okay I guess."

"Well thanks." I said sarcastically. Ashton ignored me and started to draw different shapes and shade different parts on my paper. The look of focus and passion shown in his hazel eyes, something I didn't really know he was capable of having. "Here." he finally said. He slid my paper back over to me, and, of course, it was 10000% better than what I could ever do The bell rang, and Ms. Hullen asked us to turn in our work if we had finished. I took my paper up to her and handed it to her.

"Very nice, Brooke. The ears are amazing!" Ms. Hullen said sweetly. I nodded my thanks, trying to cover my dissappointment in the fact that Ashton was pretty much gifted with this. I walked quickly back to my purse to say thank you to Ashton before I went to Spanish. I moved around my classmates until I finally got back to my seat, but Ashton wasn't there.

I decided not to waste time looking around for him, and that I'll just thank him later. I made my way over to my third period class, Spanish. My teacher was really nice, Mrs. Villegas. I liked spanish a lot, almost as much I liked art and english. Nothing really happened in that class, it was an easy period for me. Next, was lunch. I walked out of spanish to meet up with Jessie and the girls. I looked around for them, and I was finally called to and waved over by Abby.

"Hey!" Jessie greeted.

"Hiii!" I smiled.

"How was your classes?" Abby asked.

"Pretty good."

"Which did you have?"

"Art and Spanish, so far. After lunch I have chem."

"Ooooh Art! I didn't know you were into that stuff?" Annie said.

"Oh! Yeah, I like to draw and paint a little. Its not big deal."

"Do you do like, portraits?"

"Well, I really like to do detailed cartoons, but I can pretty much do a realistic portrait if I really tried... just not the ears." I laughed.

"The ears?" Abby chuckled.

"Haha, yeah, this guy had to help me with it today and Ms. Hullen ended liking the ears the best."

"Ooooh," Jessie said. "A guy! Who is it? Is he cute?"

I didn't reply to Jessie imediately. One, because Jessie didn't like to talk about the kind of people Ashto seemed to be, and two...well... I don't know. From the brief time I've actually looked him, I never really paid attention to if he was even attractive.

"His name is uh...Ashton." I said. I heard a gasp from Annie, Abby's eyes widened, and Amanda spit out her water. "What?" I asked

"IRWIN?!" Abby said. I didn't really know his last name to be honest. "Uh, I think?" I replied.

"Light brown hair?" I heard Jessie's voice quietly behind me. "Yes." I answered and i turned to her.

"Black clothes? Skinny legs? Bright green-brown eyes?"

I nodded. Jessie's tone of voice was... weird.

"I told you not to talk to them."

"He sits across from me, and he was laughing at my work." I defended. "I needed to say something. I'm sorry?"

I really didn't want to get in a fight with Jessie a day after I met her. I could see the rest of the girls watching us look at eachother in the corner of my eyes. Jessie sighed. "You're right, I'm sorry. I know, you're new and I should really be more nice to you because I understand how hard it must be to be the new girl and everything. But, I will let you know this now. That boy Ashton, is cold, hard, trouble. Trust me. He's mean, he's vile, he's too dangerous for someone like you. Not that I don't think you're a tough, independent girl, but he's too much for any of us. I don't mean to sound all dramatic and scare you, but I'm telling you, don't talk to him. Okay?"

I understood what Jessie meant when she said this, and I know she was right. I could tell from the moment I saw Ashton that he was one of those kinds of people. I guess it didn't really matter, in the end. I mean, he has talked to me once, and he was a jerk about it for most of the time. Its not like I was going to become friends with this guy, and why would I? He's mean and disgusting and I knew better than to be get caught up with someone like him.

"You're right, Jessie. I totally understand what you mean, I wont talk to him again. Promise." I finished my statement with a smile, and she smiled back. She gave me a hug and appologized for freaking out at me. We finished our lunch with a better attitude and I soon forgot about Ashton. The bell rang, and it was time for chemistry. I said goodbye to the girls, and quickly made my way to my chem class. I entered the room before the bell rang, and i took a seat at my lab table.

My lab partner walked in and sat down next to me. "Hi," he sad. "I didn't say hello to you yesterday...so... hello!" His smile was warm, and I looked him in the eyes and I noticed how attractive this guy was. He had rich brown hair and light blue eyes. His jaw line was prominent and he had the look of a football player. "Thank you." I smiled. "Your name? Sorry." I laughed.

"Haha, I'm Nicholas, but you can call me Nick. And you are?"

"Brooke."

"Well, Brooke, pleasure to have you as my lab partner." He shook my hand jokingly and we laughed. The rest of the class was nice, for I already pretty much knew what my teacher was talking about, and my lab partner was very cute. When the day was over, I said goodbye to Nick, and went to find Jessie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 147 17
"It's the moments, like these, that keep me alive." Warnings: Self-harm, family issues, alcohol, depression, suicide
1.9K 61 46
❝ We Can Run Down The Streets With The Stars In Our Eyes ❞
6.9K 178 43
Read the title :)
3.7M 65.6K 59
"How could you ever love someone who causes you so much pain?" This is the continuation of "The Chase"