Dorm 404 (Problem not found)

By Ghost_Behind_You

''Living with a roommate has made me seriously consider living in my car''~ Coming from a girl who lives with... More

Disclaimer
Dorm 404 (Problem Not Found)
Dorm 404 | The Cast
Prologue
Chapter 2: Pizza came with a warning I'm too good for you
Chapter 3: Twisted Nursery Rhymes

Chapter One: Serious talk with mom never turns out good.

120 12 8
By Ghost_Behind_You

Chapter one: Serious talk with mom never turns out good.

Some deal with their hopeless high school crushes some deal with their oh-so-constantly-flirting-with-others-even-though-they-are-taken, boyfriends.

Some were planning to lose some pounds get their braces removed and return to high school to finish their last year being hot as fuck.

Some are planning a road trip with their friends and here I am filling the form for my new business college. The hell hole I'm in no mood of attending.

So much of being a daughter of a businessman.

''Mom!'' I whined yet I knew there was no turning back.

''What's said is said what's done is done, honey. We need someone to look after the business after us. And you are the only child, we have.''

''But mom you know how much I love writing,'' I whined again like a baby. The writing was something I was born good at. I never had to frown too much to come up with some creative ideas they naturally popped up like all the time.

''Honey, we know how much you love writing novels and all. We are not stopping you from doing that. Complete your novel publishes it while staying a businesswoman''

I wish it was easier that way, but unfortunately, things seem easy when they are being told, but when they are being done you get to know what real hard work is. Anyhow, I nodded my head and walked towards my room to call my best friend who also thinks to be a businesswoman will be good for me. I dialed her number and after a few rings, it went straight to voicemail

''Roses are red, violets are blue

Sugar is sweet and so are you

The roses have wilted, the violets are dead

The sugars bowls empty, and so is your head

The roses stink sorta like sheep

But leave your name, number, and a message after the beep

The roses are molding, the violets are rotten

And I might call you back if I haven't forgotten.''

I snickered Selena was always the one with funny voicemails.

''Hey, it's your one and only best friend Ash since you suck at making friends. I've applied to the business college the one you all wanted me to attend too badly. I don't know why I'm doing this but''Ashley come downstairs please'' I heard my mom.'' anyway, hope to see you soon yeah? Bye Love you'' I cut short my call and went downstairs to only see my mom all dressed up.

Uh, Ho.......

*****************

''Mom, are you sure you wanna buy this?'' I asked her

''Yes, honey I'm sure.''

''Planning on a boy or a girl?''

And lets just say it was a bad question to ask.

''Ow that hurts mom,'' I said, rubbing the back of my head where she hit me with the hanger.

Just imagine your mom dragging you out from the house to go shopping and the first shop she enters is Victoria's secret to buy herself some lingerie What will be the first thing to pop up in your head?

.

.

.

Exactly.

''Is this the cute little Ashley Jones, who used to wet her bed and used to eat the whole chocolate cake?'' Raising my eyebrows at my stupid childhood memory which I dislike to an extent all I could think of was
Not a good start woman, whoever you are not a good start.

''That's me'' I grinned and shrugged my shoulders.

''Oh my, you've grown so pretty.'' She cooed and wrapped her huge arms around me. Guess who took my childhood habit of eating the whole chocolate cake?

Yeah, you are right, that's her.

''Hannah is that you? Oh my what a surprise'' My mom asked surprised. 

''JJ how you been?'' The woman named Hannah asked.

''I've been good. You tell how's Will?'' My mom asked

'' Oh well, he's the same you know'' She said wiggling her eyebrows.

And that, kids, is not a good sign.

I kept on moving my head back and fro between their conversations (Isn't it quite interesting? Knowing about your mom's friend which I guessed by the way productive nights) but came to halt when my mom introduced the unknown woman who specially referred to those memories of my childhood which make me cringe.

''Oh Ashley she's Hannah my high school best friend.'' My mom said grinning ear to ear. Oh, mom you finally acknowledged me thank you so much. I opened my mouth to answer

''Hannah how's your business going?''

And shut it without uttering a word. After hearing the word business I tuned them out and walked towards the food court.

''Mom I'll be back.''

''Yeah, sure. So I was saying....''

Greeeeat Mom...

******

''How much will it be?'' I asked the cashier.

''10.2$ ma'am.''

After handing him the cash I tried looking for an empty seat. Nobody wants to eat their yummy burger with crispy fries while standing at least not me.

''Ashley is that you?''

At the sound of my name I turned around to see the person and came eye to eye to that green eyed boy I fell in love with.

''No.'' I hissed and turned around this time not to find an empty seat, but to find an escape from the innocent looking green eyed devil monster. I fell for his looks and now I regret it badly.

''I know it's you. Long time, huh?''

Stupid statement ignored.

''Ashley? What's wrong?''

Stupid boys will never understand. Keep looking Ashley he will shoo away.

''Ashley can we talk? I miss you.'' I snickered, knowing what will be coming next.

''I'm sorry I love you.'' We both said in unison.

''What?'' He asked wide eyed. Poor boy, he took me seriously.

''What do you want Dylan?'' I sighed.

''I want you back.'' He said

''Dude are you for real?'' I asked, hiding my grin, knowing if I laugh I will grab every single persons' attention.

''Ash look I really miss what we had. It was special yeah?''

''Want to hear a poem?''

''Er, yeah?''

''Eenie meanie miny Moe, caught you cheating with a hoe. You lied right to my face, think again, you've been replaced.'' I said grinning like a Cheshire cat.

A round of applause for the lady, please.

*******

''So how was your lunch?''

Lunch was a disaster. That prick ruined my burger and my so precious fries cause unfortunately or fortunately after hearing my poem the ego string inside him got plucked. I swear boys have egos bigger than their brains.

''It went okay mom.'' I forced a smile.

''Well, well, we need to talk.'' She said and I frowned. When she says that it means she is serious. And frankly speaking a serious talk with mom never turns out good.

''Yes, mom what is it?'' I asked, biting my bottom lip something I do when I get the feeling of something bad.

''You met Hannah today, right? Well, her husband's business went down in the drain so to help my best friend I invited them today to the after party of our business conference.'' Ever heard of ''After party of a business conference?'' No? Me too.''so that they could meet our other business partners.''

''Hannah the hunter.'' I mumbled. 

''Heard that.''

''You were supposed to.''

''Ashley!''

''Okay, okay. So you are telling me that you want to do a partnership with aunt Hannah?'' I asked raising my eyebrows. My parents were the most successful business runners and doing the partnership with a person who is not that much successful just sounds weird. And it sounds even weirder coming from a girl who hates business from the core of her heart.

''Yes. It would be great. We will help them establish.'' She grinned. I don't think so.

''You should ask dad'' I suggested. I don't know why, but I'm getting a really bad feeling about this.

''Oh, I already did. He agreed.'' She said, clasping her hands together. Something bad is definitely gonna happen.

''You are going to attend the after party.''

Oh, never mind it already did.

****** 

The first chapter is short but next chapters will be long enough for you all that's my promise. 

Any type of feedback will be highly appreciated. I really need to know what you guys think of the first chapter. 

I haven't set up a goal. I'm not really aiming for 1k+ reads on the first chapter obviously, but after getting 50+ reads and votes I will publish the second chapter.  

~Laiba

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 19.1K 67
Jeon Jungkook es un Omega de 20 años, el cual siempre soñó con encontrar una pareja, pero nadie lo aceptaba, ¿ porque ? Fácil, Jungkook nacio con un...
473K 23.4K 48
Una historia que promete atraparte desde el principio hasta el final. Camila es una chica humilded, Ignacio Besnier es el heredero de un imperio empr...
1.4M 76.2K 72
-Soy una niña buena- susurro adormilada -claro que sí nena - dice daddy acurrucandonos más en la cama. - ahora toma tu biberón baby- escucho a papi...
68.9K 2.3K 42
Mi vida es una auténtica mierda. O eso pensaba, eso pensaba antes de conocer a ese chico.... En cuanto lo ví... Afirmé que mi vida era una mierda.Per...