dance with the devil ✧ DAMON...

By wcnchstr

"TELL ME, WHY IS IT THAT SOMETHING SO BEAUTIFUL CAN BE SO BROKEN?" [season one of the vampire diaries] More

extended summary
cast
playlist
epigraph
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eightteen
chapter nineteen

chapter seven

9.5K 272 43
By wcnchstr

"I'm telling you Elena, whatever he, she, or it meant, it was serious."

Elena sighs, she has been listening to Jordan rant about her dream since the moment she woke up. Jordan came barging down the stairs like an elephant, and she immediately started ranting. All Elena really wants to do is sleep for a little longer and forget the horrible events that happened yesterday. She will not, of course, because this is the brightest Elena has seen Jordan so far, and she intents to keep it that. And with keeping it that way, she also means keeping certain things from Jordan. Jordan doesn't need to know that Damon attacked Bonnie last night, not when she looks like she is just forgetting about all that he did.

"We will look into it this week. I'm sure it is nothing supernatural, but just a weird dream you had, I have them all the time," Elena tells her sister, who is bouncing with energy.

Jordan nods, but it doesn't seem to Elena that she heard anything she just said. Instead she repeats the question she has been asking Elena every few minutes, "Will you ask Stefan about it, you know, with him being something supernatural and all."

Elena rolls her eyes, but she is smiling, "Yes, I will, just like I told you the last twenty-six times."

Jordan laughs sheepishly.

"Now go get ready for school," Elena orders and she forcefully pushes Jordan up the stairs. "When you're done there'll be coffee and a croissant for you on the counter, and I assume you can transport yourself to school, and that I don't have to escort you because you might go to the library instead of school otherwise. Understood?"

Jordan nods her head, and she salutes at her sister. Right after that she bolts up the stairs.

Jordan isn't very picky when she rummages through her closet, looking for a somewhat decent outfit. At last, she settles for black skinny jeans, with a light pinkish sweater. When she pulls her sweater over her head she sighs in comfort at the warmth it provides. For shoes she decides to go with her good, old, familiar combat boots, and as finishing touch she only adds mascara.

She grabs ahold of her backpack, not bothering which books it contains. It's not like she is going to pay much attention in class anyway, plus, Elena has all the notes she needs to know for her exams.

She literally flies down the stairs, and she chugs her coffee and croissant down her throat in record time. She hastily bids a goodbye to Jenna, and with a clunk she shuts the front door.

Jordan arrives at school minutes before the bell rings, but the girl doesn't look like she is in a hurry. She takes her time to remove her keys from her motorcycle, and she throws her backpack over her shoulder while quietly, in content, humming a soft lullaby.

From the corner of her eye she can see Elena with Bonnie, and Caroline with Matt. Jordan smiles at Caroline and Matt. Caroline deserves a sweet and loving guy like Matt. A pang of jealousy hits Jordan like a brick wall. She isn't jealous of Caroline with Matt, oh God no, she is plainly jealous of love. Jordan is still a young girl, but she deeply desires a love so passionate that makes your body ache and heart clench.

Jordan shakes the thoughts out of her head as she jogs towards the entrance of her school, where her sister and Bonnie are. She started the day with such enthusiasm, and she isn't about to let her mixed feelings about love get in the way of her bright personality. She greets Bonnie and Elena with a smile, and the trio walks inside, laughter bouncing off the walls.

The following hours feel like they are sped up, and before Jordan wraps her head around it, the last bell signals the end off the day. The hallway fils itself with students, and in no time it no longer looks like the school hallway, but like a sea of bodies. Muffled chatter and laughter fill Jordan's eardrums as she tries to wiggle herself between all those students. When the cool air greets her face, Jordan tilts her head backwards to let the sunbeams dance across her face. For a few minutes Jordan just stands there, until a body collides with her, and she is pulled out of her comfort. She makes a sound of displeasure, and she makes her way to her motorcycle. Her hands firmly grasp the steering wheel, and the motor splutters before she takes off.

Jordan drives aimlessly through Mystic Falls. She doesn't feel like going home just yet, but she doesn't feel like going somewhere else either. Circling through the small and cozy town, she finds herself at a storage house like. Her eyebrows knit in confusion, she has never been in this part of the town. She parks her motorcycle at the edge of the road, and she spots two different cars. One car looks awfully familiar. A blue Chevy Camaro blinks in the sunlight, and Jordan cracks her brain to remember to who it belongs too. She, however, isn't lucky, and Jordan just leaves it be.

With wary steps she nears the entrance. The annoying voices —who are most of the time at the right end— scream at her to turn around and not enter the eerie looking building. Jordan's curiosity, however, is stronger than her conscious, which is fortunate as well as unfortunate at times.

Distant grunts and groans can be heard from inside, it seems to Jordan that someone is in pain. Debating wether to go inside to help the person who is most likely in need of it, or to go back for her own safety. The decision is made quickly, and with both her palms she presses the door —which feels like it weights a ton— open.

"Damon?!" Bewilderment is laced in Jordan's voice. From every name that crossed her mind, she didn't except Damon to be in this old and scrawny looking building. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

Damon's face turns into a painful smirk, "Come to finish me off, sweetheart?"

All the negative feelings towards Damon vanish like snow before the sun, and Jordan drops painfully on her knees besides Damon's writhing body. "Now is not the time for jokes," she snaps at him.

Damon grimaces when Jordan puts pressure on one of the bullet holes. "You might want to quit poking me, or the next newspaper headline will read: 'Ruggedly handsome Damon Salvatore, poked to death at the hands of the gorgeous and lovely lady Jordan Gilbert.'" Damon smirks at the rising blush on Jordan's cheeks.

Jordan decides to just ignore Damon's flirting for the time being, and she switches from a giddily teenage girl, to a serious teenage girl. Without warning she rips Damon's shirt open, and she tries very hard not to look at the expression on Damon's face, nor at his extremely toned chest. The boys at her school are nothing in comparison to Damon.

"I, uhm..," Jordan clears her throat looking flustered. "This is going to hurt."

After thirty five minutes Jordan has pried out a total of fourteen wooden bullets, and she, without a doubt, knows that she will not become a doctor or nurse after her graduation.

"Who attacked you?" Jordan asks curiously.

"Logan Fell." His name leaves Damon's lips with an angry grunt.

Jordan looks at Damon with a raised brow, "Logan Fell? As in Logan scumfell? Oh my, if Jenna knew she'd be seething."

Damon shakes his head yes, "How many Logan Fells do you think there are?"

Jordan shrugs her shoulders, "No idea," Jordan says, "Where are we going now?"

"We?" Damon says baffled, no way he is going to drag Jordan further into his mess. "We aren't going anywhere. You are going home, where you will be safe, because I assume Jenna wouldn't be so stupid as to invite him inside, and I am going to kill someone."

Jordan's eyebrows scrunch up in annoyance, "First of all, you are not going to murder anyone, especially not in those bloody clothes, or jeans actually. And second, as a matter of fact, without me you would still be squirming in this storage room while prying out the fourteen wooden bullets Logan shot in you. I would say at you, but I don't know if Logan shot more than fourteen bullets. So I repeat, where are we going."

Damon dramatically rolls with his eyes so he is sure that Jordan can see that he does not agree with her, "Fine, you can come, and we are going to the boarding house, because little miss persuasive doesn't want other woman to stare at this hot and toned chest."

Jordan rolls with her eyes, but she doesn't deny that Damon's chest is 'hot and toned'.

Even though Jordan has been to the boarding house quite a few times, she still stares in awe every time she enters the house. The enormous chandeliers lightning the largest rooms, and torches light the smaller chambers. Red silk sofas with minuscule gold decoration make you feel like royalty when sitting on them, but what catches her attention the most every time she is here, is the huge amount of books scattering throughout the whole residence.

Damon, who lives in the house, doesn't acknowledge these things and he goes straight for his phone and dials Stefan, "Logan Fell is a vampire and when I find him again, I'm going to destroy him limb by limb."

Jordan throws him a look, but Damon acts like he doesn't see it.

"I'm not ok. I was ambushed. I was shot, but luckily the lovely Jordan stumbled across me, so she got rid of the wooden bullets for me. Now I'm vengeful, and I just got to find him."

At the other end of the line, Stefan eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Jordan was helping Damon, even though she had a bargain against him ever since he murdered Lexi. Elena looks at Stefan curiously, and Stefan mouths: 'Jordan is with Damon.'

Elena is quite shocked, if she says so herself, but then again, Jordan has never been the type to stay mad at someone for a long time.

Stefan shakes his head to get rid of the thoughts circling Damon and Jordan, "Well there is no need," Stefan answers his brother, "he's here at school."

"You're kidding me," says Damon, even though he knows his brother is dead serious. "Why the hell is he there?"

"He's working the crowd," Stefan answers.

Damon glances quickly at Jordan before saying, "Well, I'll be right there."

Damon hangs up the phone and he can see the annoyance flickering through Jordan's eyes, but before she has time to protest Damon opens his mouth, "Stay here."

He speeds off, leaving an irritated Jordan.

No way she is going to sit on her bum, watching from the sidelines. They might think they are protecting her by leaving her in the unknown, but it only creates distance and mistrust, and she now realizes that she should have told Jeremy the truth.

I'm in too deep, so now I have two options. 1) I can turn my head the other way and leave my friends to look after themselves, but stay safe and unharmed, or I can go for option 2) Admit fully that supernatural creatures exist and help my friends through it, but I will be in constant danger.

Deciding what she is going to do is not very hard for Jordan, and she jumps on her motorcycle and races off.

Jordan arrives at school just as a distressed Stefan and Elena rush out of the big entrance. Elena and Jordan lock eyes, and Jordan doesn't bother locking her vehicle once she sees the fear in Elena's eyes. Jordan's runs towards the duo, and at the same time Stefan speeds off.

Elena doesn't dare meet Jordan's eyes.

"What's wrong, Elena, you look like you've just seen a ghost, and please tell me you didn't because I don't think I can handle ghosts at the moment."

"Nothing." The lie leaves Elena's lips in a whisper.

"Elena, tell me what happened," Jordan demands.

Elena squeaks, "Logan has Caroline."

All the color drains from Jordan's face. A vampire has kidnapped her best friend, he could take her life in the blink of an eye. Gentle arms wrap around her petite body structure. "Stefan is going save her, it's going to be okay," Elena whispers softly in her sisters ear. "Let's get you inside for now." She keeps one arm wrapped around Jordan, and with her free hand she locks Jordan's motorcycle.

Jordan and Elena are seated in front of each other in the cafeteria. Jordan anxiously bites her lips. In the 15 minutes they have spent in the cafeteria, not a word has been swapped between Jordan and Elena. Elena has tried to say something, but every time she realizes she doesn't have the guts to speak up, and she wouldn't know what to say to comfort Jordan. Not that Jordan is paying any attention to Elena, her thoughts are occupied with the worst case scenarios. That being said, Jordan doesn't hear Stefan come in, and she only acknowledges his presence when Elena speaks up.

"Caroline?" Elena asks in anticipation.

"She's ok," Stefan says, and Jordan relaxes. "I took her home. She was shaken up and confused, but all she knows is that Logan attacked her. Nothing else."

"Where is he," Jordan spats.

If Stefan is taken back by her tone, he doesn't show it. "Damon is dealing with him."

Stefan turns to Elena, "You saw what happened tonight, right? I mean, you understand why we can't be together?" Stefan says with pain and heartbreak, and Jordan suddenly feels a wave of sympathy crashing upon her.

Elena nods her head, but you can see that she doesn't agree with Stefan, not anymore. "I, uh, will give you a ride. You too, Jordan," Elena says.

Stefan looks like he wants to decline her request, but he simply shrugs his shoulders and he follows Elena and Jordan to Elena's car.

The sexual tension is killing Jordan once they step inside of the boarding house, and she realizes her mistake. She should've taken her motorcycle straight home. Instead she just sighs as she leaves Elena and Stefan—who don't even notice her presence—making goo-goo eyes at each other.

She can hear Elena and Stefan head upstairs, and Jordan collapses on the sofa closets in her reach. Only now, she realizes how drained she is, and she falls asleep within a heartbeat.

The following morning the house reeks of sex, and Jordan grins. Speaking of the devil, Elena comes trotting down the stairs.

Jordan approaches her twin. Jordan begins the share her vampire sex pun, but she closes her mouth immediately once she sees bright tears rolling down Elena's cheeks. "Lena? What's wrong?" Jordan skips the usual 'are you ok?', because Elena is definitely not ok.

Elena starts her incomprehensible rant, and Jordan can only make out a few words, 'Stefan, Katherine, resemblance."

Jordan combs her fingers through her sisters brown locks soothingly, "Elena, sweetie, you should take to Stefan before jumping to conclusions and running off. I know there will be an explainable reason for whatever Stefan has done, and I know for a fact that he never intended to hurt you."

Elena sniffles, "Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you."

Jordan smile lights up the whole room, "No problem sis, no go get your hunk." Jordan pushes Elena in the direction of the kitchen where she knows Stefan—who has without a doubt eavesdropped on their conversation—is.

Jordan smiles in content, and she decides that today she is going to relax. She is going to take a refreshing bath, eat tons of food, catch up on the few last episodes of Supernatural—.

Someone interrupts Jordan's Relaxing List, and she can see her relaxing day dissolving in flames.

"You want to go on a roadtrip?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 104 34
"To answer your question, Elena, I would not," said Rhys, voice even. "There is not a single thing I would change about Damon Salvatore, even if I we...
149K 6.1K 52
"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥, 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘶𝘱?" 𝗜𝗻 �...
241K 5.2K 32
"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Nothing ever happened in boring old Mystic...
196K 2.1K 63
How would you feel if you were in The Vampire Diaries? Would you be a witch, a wolf, a vampire or human? What if you fell for a character and they fe...