Football Oneshots Collection

By Spotted0wl

Welcome to my collection of oneshots on various football players. Ratings may change as more stories are adde... More

James Rodriguez
Marco Reus
Erik Durm
Antoine Griezmann
Neymar Junior
Joshua Kimmich

Fernando Torres

1.4K 19 4
By Spotted0wl

For @LucyReus 

In which you make a deal.

***

You tapped your pen against your notepad as you sat amongst the other reporters in the packed conference room. You worked as a reporter for Marca TV, and you were sent to Atlético Madrid's press conference to write a pre-game report.

The room was completely full when Diego Simeone, Diego Godín, and Fernando Torres entered the room. As the players and coach sat down, the reporters quickly scrambled in preparation to take notes.

You started jotting down notes as Simeone spoke with full confidence of his players. You wrote ferociously as Godín gave a speech on the importance of believing in each other. It was the Atlético motto; never stop believing.

Finally, it was Fernando's turn to speak. He spoke of the rise of Atlético throughout the last decade. He mentioned their years spent in the Segunda Liga, their rise in the ranks of the first division, and finally, their recent appearances in the Champions League. As Fernando concluded his speech, Simeone announced that they were now open to take questions.

"How will the best defensive team compare to the best attacking team?" the reporter in front of you asked.

"The match is against Barcelona at home. We expect them to play with their usual style. They'll be at their best and we will be at ours," Simeone replied.

"Looking at his past performance, what made you decide to start Torres the other strikers?" another reporter asked. You couldn't believe that the woman had the nerve to ask such a question when Fernando was present.

"I think he is the right player to start against Barcelona. I have full trust in Fernando and the rest of the team," Simeone replied calmly. "Last question?"

"You have a habit of scoring against Barcelona. How do you see your chances in this upcoming match?" you asked Fernando.

"It is my dream to win the Champions League with Atlético. We will be looking for a win if not at least an away goal," Fernando replied with a smile.

With his reply, the press conference comes to a close. As the reporters scamper towards the exit, you stay put, deciding to wait for the crowd to dispense before exiting the room. You take your time packing away your things.

"Hello miss. I haven't seen you before. Are you new?" said a voice from behind you.

You gasp as you turn around to see Fernando Torres standing there. You had thought that he would have left through the back along with his coach and teammate.

"I'm filling in for David. He called in sick today. I usually write the reports and interview the players in the Segunda division," you answered, mumbling out the last bit as you realized that you were rambling. He probably didn't care, you thought to yourself.

"Well, it's nice to see a fresh face," he reassured. "In fact, how about we make a little wager?"

"On what?" you asked in surprise.

"If I score against Barcelona tomorrow, you'll go on a date with me," replied Fernando with a smile.

You were pretty sure that your jaw had hit the floor by now. Hiding your shock, you nod in approval and reply confidently.

"Is that so? Barcelona is a strong team," you say with a coy smile. He laughed in response.

"We'll just see about that.

*

The next day, you wake up full of excitement as you scramble to prepare for the game. You had spent all of last night finding the perfect outfit to wear to the game. You smile to yourself as you get dressed and apply some makeup before heading out the door.

Upon arriving at the stadium, you find your seat in the media centre next to your cohost. It was a perfect location, giving you a perfect view of the field below. As you set up your laptop, you couldn't help but take a look at the television screen behind you. It was broadcasting the live feed from outside the change rooms.

"Reporting starts in one minute!"

Hearing the cameraman's voice, you get up from your seat for your live report. Looking at the cameraman, you give him the signal to start recording.

"Hello and welcome to the live coverage of today's game from inside Camp Nou as Atlético Madrid play the hosts, Barcelona, in the first leg of the Champions League quarter finals. The Blaugrana are eager to move past their recent El Clásico defeat against rivals Real Madrid. Meanwhile, Los Colchoneros come from a 5 – 1 victory against Real Betis. Tensions are high as the two sides take position. We will keep you updated," you state confidently for the camera.

As players take their positions, the feed returns to the studio. You take your seat and watch the game unfold. With your laptop in front of you, you start to update the live blog.

For the first seven minutes, Barcelona retain heavy possession. Neither keeper has yet to touch the ball. Atlético play more as a 4-3-3, with Carrasco joining Griezmann and Torres.

Barcelona have started to amplify their attacks. At the thirteenth minute, you hold your breath as Messi takes a shot from inside the penalty area. You give a sigh of relief as he misses the vital shot. At the twenty-third minute, a powerful Neymar header went over the bar.

You start to worry for Atlético. As if hearing your thoughts, Fernando made a break with the ball, bringing it up to the penalty area. He then passes to Antoine Griezmann, who cuts in. You groan as the ball drifts just past the post. No goal.

But Atlético weren't giving up. Two minutes later, they had moved the ball forward again. With the ball at his feet, Koke drew out Piqué to open up the space. He then passes to Fernando. You jump out of your seat and stare downwards at the field as Fernando goes one on one with the keeper, Ter Stegen. In perfect Torres fashion, he channels the ball around the Ter Stegen, scoring the opening goal at the twenty-fifth minute.

The away fans cheer loudly as the ball lands safely at the back of the net. You hugged your co-worker who had been frozen in shock. You were aspirated as you updated the live blog. Fernando Torres goal at 25'.

Just as you thought that nothing could go wrong, Fernando tried to take the ball from Neymar. He was shown a yellow card as Neymar tripped from the collision. It's just one card, you reassured yourself.

However, the bookings had just begun. A few minutes late, Koke was also booked. You watched in horror as Fernando was booked for a second time as he collided with Sergio Busquets at the halfway line. Having foreseen the challenge, Busquets had turned has back at the last moment, making the most out of the collision.

With shaking hands, you updated the blog again. Fernando Torres is sent off after a second yellow.

Atlético's play diminishes with the loss of their goal scorer. You leave your co-worker in charge of the blog and head down to the change rooms. Sneaking past security, you enter Atlético's change room.

You didn't know what to say to Fernando, so you hug him in silence. You didn't know what to do as you look at him. The confidence from yesterday was gone.

*

At halftime, the other players arrive and Simeone arrive. Together, they try to console Fernando to no avail. Simeone even says that he didn't blame Fernando for his actions, claiming that the card was unfair.

As the players head back for the second half, you watch the match from the television screen inside the change room. You watch in horror as Luis Suarez scores from Jordi Alba's pass at the sixty-third minute. You rub his back as Fernando covers his face with his hands.

The Blaugrana attacks were becoming more frequent and more deadly. At the seventy-fourth minute, Dani Alves made a cross over the defence. Seeing his chance, Luis Suarez heads the ball into the net. Barcelona were now in the lead.

There was no consoling Fernando as the referee blew the final whistle. You didn't know what to do, seeing the sight of a silently crying Fernando Torres.

This was not the time to talk about your wager. Instead, you decide to comfort him with the future.

"Atlético have an away goal. We only need one at the Calderón to secure a place in the semifinals. You know how strong Atlético are at the Calderón," you say, hoping to raise his spirit.

He nods at your words. Somehow, you knew that they would indeed manage such a feat.

***

Author's Note:

I decided to try this one in second person. What did you think of this style? As always, let me know what you thought about this part of my oneshots collection.

So the Euros have started! I've been waiting so long for these games, it felt like forever. All of the games have been absolutely stellar so far. Just a warning, there are some spoilers ahead, in case you haven't had a chance to watch the games.

As a Gareth Bale fan, I loved the Wales and Slovakia game. The Wales' formation played a huge part in their success as the strong midfield allowed them to move the ball forward on multiple occasions. It was a great performance with a magnificent goal, from quite a distance too. Slovakia definitely played a good game. They created some great counters.

As for the Copa America games, my family went crazy for the Argentina and Panama game. My family are Messi fans, and they were downright ecstatic watching Messi score goal after goal. Coming in as a sub in the second half to net a hat-trick is an amazing feat.

Are you watching the Copa America or Euros? What do you think of the games so far? Who are you supporting?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 984 39
A book filled with cute One-Shots about Pablo Gavi:)
58.2K 469 26
"you know i love you so" in which i provide you with imagines of your favorite football players.
87.1K 793 35
REQUEST ARE OPEN I try to update a often as I can, don't know how often that is gonna be tough