Gay Chicken | ✓

By PandaGuts

"They have belligerent sexual tension." "What does that even mean?" --- James and Casper have been fighting... More

Gay Chicken
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
The Long-awaited {26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
Epilogue

{11}

99.2K 4K 4.4K
By PandaGuts

Chapter Eleven

"He kissed you!" Daisy squeaked then quickly looked around with her eyes wide in case any of the others had heard but they were all laughing their heads off at some stupid movie Logan had picked out that he was going to get Daisy to snap and burn after it was done.

After the park everyone had decided to "take this party elsewhere" or as Logan put it. After they'd wandered aimlessly forever Daisy had offered her house as sanctuary. Casper kind of wanted to go home and be in his own company but then he remembered the one person that he didn't want to see right now was way too close for him to find closure or wallow in himself.

They all scrambled up the stairs to Daisy's room, all giving a quick greeting to her mum who was in the living when passing who gave a feeble wave and a smile back, her hands placed on her swollen stomach.

"How many months now." Casper asked noticing that it was way bigger than the last time he had seen Daisy's mum.

"Just two." Daisy grinned, her eyes full of excitement. I guess becoming a big sister never got old, Daisy was the eldest to two: Bethany and Daryl and another one was on the way and fast.

Logan burst into Daisy's room like he owned it, Daniel was a little more cautious and the other just followed in. Daisy's room was sort of interesting: a double bed pushed in to the corner with millions of pillows and soft toys, a desk with a light and pink laptop, a small bookcase filled to the brim with all kind of books and DVDs and others towering around it, white walls with a few posters here and there of a mixture of bands and people, pale panelled wood with a soft pink rug in the middle, and a TV stuck to the wall. Casper liked that the room reflected Daisy perfectly.

After she was sure nobody was listening in she turned back to Casper."He really kissed you?"

"Yeah..." Casper sighed, curling into a ball with his thumb nail in his mouth and other hand ruffling through his hair.

Daisy gave a quiet squeal into her pink jumper that was the same colour as her cheeks before quickly composing herself.

"Oh my God," she breathed. "He kissed you. Wait- who kissed who first. Did James kiss you or did you kiss him or was it like a mutual thing where you both kinda attacked each other and-"

"I don't know!" Casper hissed, interrupting Daisy before her voice got any higher and thought about it for a second." It might have been him but then I might've stared a little too long- or that might've been him too or I did- why am I even talking about this? It doesn't freaking matter! What matters is that we've kissed again and this time without being egged on or drunk. This is fucking real."

Casper slumped against the wall. Him and Daisy had sat in a corner of the room as Logan and Hedge and Darla had occupied the bed. Daniel was close by Darla as she refused to let him go. Daisy had went to squeeze in beside Hedgehog but Casper had grabbed her arm and pleaded that he needed to talk to her with his eyes and she obliged because Daisy is the best friend of all friends. Even if she did forget about him sometimes in the perfect state of being couple-y with her super perfect girlfriend that may as well just be her wife because- come on! Two people couldn't be as perfect and close as those two if they weren't meant to be together forever.

Hedgehog had been kind of confused when her girlfriend suddenly changed course from being snuggled in her arms to the corner of the room with Casper but let it slide when Daisy had kissed her on her temple. Casper frowned at them being all cute, he felt guilty for keeping them away from each other but he didn't really.

"What do you think it means?" Daisy said softly, eyes on the screen and just speaking her mind out loud than anything else. Not really meaning to be answered.

Casper sighed again, putting his head in between his legs, his hands at the back of his head and just breathed. There was a silence between them, the sounds of that stupid film and the others laughter filling it slightly. And then:

"Maybe..." Daisy started slowly as if contemplating if she should say it or not but continued anyway." Maybe you both do like each other."

Casper's head whipped up to look at Daisy, to shout at her, to tell her how credulous that was. He opened his mouth to say "no way" or "you're joking right?" but nothing came out. He sat there with his mouth open and his eyes wide looking at Daisy whose face was full of sudden discovery, because this could be real. This whole thing.

Casper finally closed his mouth and turned away, taking in what Daisy had said, her words settling in him. And it was ridiculous really: James Davidson, sworn enemy since he stole his Capri-sun in the playground in his adolescent-free youth. He hadn't expected the taller boy with the brown hair and green eyes to take any notice of small and puny him. He hadn't expected him to just whip his only source of hydration since breakfast away from his stubby little hands. Little Casper could do nothing but stare wide eyed as the evil little James smirked and drank the life out of his orange carton, squeezing until there was nothing left. Casper thought James fully expected the weak looking four year old just going on five to burst out in great big tears but instead Casper found a boiling rage that he'd never experienced before and pounced on the boy, kicking and screaming at him.

It took more than three faculty members to separate them and by then they had more than just a few scraps and bruises. Their other classmates were all but petrified. They'd both been sent to the head masters office and Casper was forced to sit on the chair directly opposite from James. They made a point not to acknowledge one another. James' parents came first, his mother came dashing followed quickly by his dad in and started on James straight away, shouting at him. James squirmed in his seat and Casper smiled smugly until he saw his own mother coming through the door with an exasperated look on her face mixed with worry. Casper's mum didn't shout at him like James' parents were but she didn't talk to him or try to clean his face, look at his wounds, or straighten his uniform like she usually did which was much worse.

Casper didn't remember much of the talk with the Head Master, just that it was incredibly boring and that he was forced to speak up sometimes saying he understood. He also was forced to say sorry to James and vice versa. He even had to shake his hand, the both made a point to wipe their hands on their tailored trousers in disgust, trying to rid themselves of a new found disease in front of them.

They hated each other ever since. Or at least, Casper thought they hated each other.

No definitely. Hate. Hate,hate,hate. Double hate and eternal loathing.

But then, you don't kiss a person you hate do you? Twice.

Casper let out a cry of frustrated anguish and rubbed his hand into his hair. He felt Daisy give him a soft pat on his back before he felt her shift and stand up. He lifting his head and watched her quizzically as she walked over to her TV and pressed the eject button.

There was uproar of protest, mostly from Logan.

"What the hell Daisy?" Logan moaned.

Daisy gave a flap of her hand in dismissal as she replaced that horrendous movie disk with another. When it was in she skipped back to her space with Casper, remote in hand.

She flipped through the adverts and when the menu sequence came up everyone groaned in unison.

"Mean Girls. Really?" Casper laughed.

"Speak to your woman, Hedge." Logan said." Seriously."

Hedgehog gave a side smile. "I'd rather she had her own independence but I'm slowly reconsidering if this continues."

"Shut up. My house my rules." Daisy snapped." Anyway you all love it, just admit."

Nobody did but rather moan some more protests when the play button was pressed.

Daisy had an unhealthy obsession with this movie and everyone had watched it more than they would've liked too. Casper knew this was Daisy's way of getting his mind off everything but his mind kept betraying him and wandering back to the smell of peppermint that he could swear had somehow imprinted in his lips and the colour of fresh green grass.

And then there was "Hey Janice, nice wig what's it made of?"

Casper grinned and turned to Daisy just has she turned to him.

"YOUR MUM'S CHEST HAIR!" They shouted just as Janice did and burst out it fits of cackles and giggles. The rest looked on in disgust at the two in the corner laughing like lunatics and quoting almost every line from then on.

He really did love this movie.

Soon everyone else stopped moving and even Darla and Logan had joined in with reciting the quotes while Hedgehog looked on in amusement. They couldn't have stayed silent for long. It was half way into the movie when Daniel admitted he'd never seen Mean Girls before. Daisy had all but spluttered in mild shock while Logan cried that the boy was now corrupted body and soul, that he could have lived a normal life without mean Girls in his life.

Casper didn't altogether forget his problems, there was a slight nagging sensation at the back of his mind but the night was enough to be distracted at the most.

They decided to call it a night when it turned eleven.

"I'll text you later tonight." Daisy said as the hugged goodbye. Casper nodded moving on to Daniel.

The whole point of today was for Daniel to meet up with his friends and altogether it went pretty successful. Great even. He saw Hedgehog smile a goodbye, Logan a pat on the back and Daisy gave the biggest grin and most awkward hug she could give. Darla, Casper and Daniel parted ways from the other three with smiles and waves until they decided they'd given enough farewells and turned to walk down the street.

"I swear to god I'm going to kill Daisy next time she puts that movie on." Darla complained.

"I thought it was pretty funny," Daniel said, looking pretty happy.

Darla huffed," maybe after the first few times you watch it, yeah. But Daisy honestly puts that on all the time."

Casper let her prattle on and complain about the same topic for the next two streets. He was still kind of angry at her, maybe not angry as such but a little pissed. She didn't have to start on him and bring up the whole thing with James and him – that wasn't true- especially in front of Daniel. He didn't need Daniel to think things that wasn't true about him and he didn't need feeling more shitty about the predicament he was in with James either because he had no freaking idea what was going on with them and he didn't need the focus on them right now and for it to come up every time just when he was freaking out about it.

"-what were and Daisy talking about anyway?" Casper heard Darla say when he finally tuned in again.

He looked at her, not really wanting to talk to her or tell her about what happened. Not right now at least. So he cast his eyes to the ground with a scowl, it deepened when he saw how much bigger Daniel's feet were to his. "Nothing," he mumbled.

Darla looked unconvinced. Although Daisy and Darla didn't get along much- since that time at the party it had gotten worse between them- they both knew that they were equally Casper's best friends. It didn't really bother him that they were girls; why should it? He could have a laugh with them just as much.

"Is it about James again?" Darla asked without hesitation. Of course she'd figure it out. Casper saw from the corner of his eye Daniel's shoulders slump a little and his happy face dampen a little.

Casper hated to make Darla think he was trying to change the focus from him – he totally was- but Daniel was a little hurt and friends came before yourself.

"Don't worry about James," Casper said."He'll come around."

The look Daniel had given made Casper think that Daniel didn't really want him to come around or doubted it very much.

"It's weird for James to be so unfriendly though," Darla said thoughtfully then looking at Casper with a sly eye." Makes you wonder what or who made him that way."

She was seriously starting to annoy him tonight.

"Well it's obviously me isn't it." Daniel said miserably.

"Oh Daniel." Darla sighed sympathetically, Daniel didn't realise it wasn't for his hurt feelings but rather what he was missing.

When it came to the point where Casper would have to split from eh two of them because as Daniel could take Casper's route to get to his house it was more of an inconvenience for Darla and everyone had refused to let Darla go home by herself; especially the way she looked.

There was one rule Darla White would take to the grave:

Never leave the house without a little cleavage (or a lot in Darla's case) or without heels (preferably ones that you can't walk in properly never mind run).

So you could see why it was impossible for Darla to stumble home with her ridiculous heels alone. Casper actually wondered whatever possessed him to be attracted to this wonderfully hopeless creature of a girl.

He said goodbye to Darla and Daniel and as soon as he turned he was pulling out his earphones and plugging them into his phone, frustratingly untangling them- seriously, every goddamn time- , and putting his music on shuffle. He only put his left ear in so he could still hear if someone was going to jump him and steal all his metaphorical money and the no dignity he had.

He would never tell anyone in a million years but he had a guilty pleasure for infamous Blood on the Dancefloor .It's not that he didn't know they sort of sucked but for some reason he loved them for it- but at the same time was a little ashamed of that. That didn't stop him from grinning like a loon when S my D started playing which Casper knew was named under Woe Is Me – On Veiled Men because he couldn't run the risk of anyone finding out if they happened to get a hold of his phone unlocked and scroll through his music.

Couldn't be too careful right?

As Casper neared his house, doing a little skip-part-dance walk up his street because it was almost nearing twelve and it was mostly only old people that were all in their beds and nobody was around to see him. Or so he thought.

As he did a quick spin with his arms tucked in at his sides and then popped his body out like he was Justin Timberlake or something he froze with the feeling that someone was watching him. Sure enough when he looked up he noticed his porch light was on, which it shouldn't of been because it's one of those sensor ones but then he saw who was sitting underneath it looking anything but amused by Casper's slick dance moves but wide eyed and sort of scared looking.

Seriously, Casper was not that bad a dancer.

Casper stood absolutely still, face burning. He didn't want to face his problems right now but problems seemed to hate him.

James stood up, shaking his fringe and wiping down his jeans awkwardly. He stuck his hands into his black hoodie and made his way over to Casper.

Casper considered a lot of things when he watched James approach:

1. Run

2. Run for your fucking life

3. Or just stand like a fucking idiot yeah ok

James stopped walking a foot away from Casper staring at his shoes and then moved his head up in a way that his red fringe moved to the side and it just wasn't fucking fair. The spawn of Satan could not be this attractive.

Casper was still considering running away, who cares if he was already home, he would run around all night if it got him away from facing this right now – actually, to face it never.

"I've uh.. I've been waiting for you to get back." James motioned towards his front door. That was ridiculous, his house was literally two doors down he did not have to wait outside. Actually he didn't have to wait at all, Casper rather he didn't so he could avoid him for all time.

"I think..." James said when Casper was silent. He was staring at Casper forehead- well at least he thought it was his forehead. He certainly wasn't meeting his eyes that was for sure, James' green ones were screwed up as if he was about to say something painful." I think we need to talk."

And no. Casper really couldn't do talking right now, he'd talked way too much tonight. He wasn't ready. He tried to make a break for it back down the street but he must've gave something away by his stupid obvious face because James quickly grabbed his arm before his foot had even left the ground to start sprinting. Casper let out a very manly squeak and flailed a little.

"Please." James pleaded. And that got Casper, like it actually affected him. The slight desperation in his voice got Casper to forget everything he was doing and just want to talk.

Jesus Christ, he couldn't believe he was doing this.

"L-let's-" Casper cursed how shaky his voice was"-let's talk."

James nodded eagerly, letting go of Casper's arm which now felt kind of tingly, and walked over to his house. Casper assumed he was supposed to follow. They got to James' door and he unlocked it and went to go inside and Casper went for it too but James stopped with a jolt making Casper almost bang right into his back.

Casper went to protest that you couldn't just stop walking when people were behind you and being a hazard to people's physical health suddenly when there was a feeling of finger tracing his cheek. Casper's breath hitched as he met James' eyes with his finger tips only brushing the line of his jaw right up to his ear. James leaned in and Casper was close to having a heart attack but he could stop it, and as the green flicked to his lips Casper let go and trailed his own down to his, leaned in and...

Nothing. Zilch. He felt the fingers slide back down his face and then his ear bud being yanked out of his ear- which ow.

Casper clasped his hand over his ear in defence and scowled with his cheeks flaming.

James didn't laugh, just turned around and made his way to the living room but Casper swore he saw the curve of his lip go up as he walked away.

Asshole.

Still, Casper followed feeling a little bit more at ease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Muhahaha.

Totally thought I was going to be quick with this chapter but I changed it like three times. Ugh.

I don't do feelings and stuff very well as you can tell with this shit attempt of angst.

So NABs are starting this week so I won't be getting much done but I really will try to get up before this month is over. I PROMISE (don't hold be to that I suck at promises).

I want to thank everyone for the votes, comments and reads. Omg really I love you all even though I suck at having a patterned, organised schedule for this goddamn story.

As I write though I realise Daniel has basically lost his original role and he basically serves little purpose XD sorry Danny

Please tell me if anything looks weird or doesn't make sense. Much appreciated. Please comment what you think, you were all so sweet and hilarious last chapter. Thank you guys. Live long and Prosper.

P.s. I love making things for other things like drawing out scenes and drawing characters or making a soundtrack- mix thing. The playlist I'm trying to make is failing miserably so I want to ask you guys if this story reminds you in anyway of a song(s)? It would be awesome if you could message me it and maybe in the not so near future i'll have a little soundtrack for Gay Chicken and I shall go through life happy. Thanks again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

686K 17.8K 18
Jace Jackson is a quiet and shy 16 year old boy with only one friend, the lovely Ella. He is a closet gay mainly because he doesn't want the bullying...
337K 10.1K 12
Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere fast. An unlikely, and, well, unfriendly...
535K 24.1K 22
When life separates Gavin and Zane at the young age of 6, they're both devastated for each losing their best friend. But life's cruel game didn't en...
173K 6.7K 17
All Travis wants is a little action, not a boyfriend. It starts because Travis is bored, but fooling around with your best friend can get a little me...