Someone to Hang On To (Big He...

By bh60421

Y/n was a 14 year-old prodigy who lived a happy life with her parents, aiming to get to her dream college, SF... More

Key for the Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
1k?!?!?!

Chapter 18

2.7K 71 28
By bh60421

Hiro's POV
I woke up from hearing some sounds from the cafe as well as the smell of pastries. I rub my eyes and stood up from my bed. Well, I tried to but my foot ended up getting caught in the blanket and I face planted. Great way to start the day.

"Ow."

I was expecting the usual sound of Baymax inflating and hovering over me, saying

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?"

I would keep telling him I'm fine, but he'd scan me and state the injury.

But that never happened.

I got up and brushed the dust off my clothing and I heard footsteps running up the stairs.

"Hiro? Are you ok?"

Y/n appeared at the top of the stairs, with a white apron. Wait, was she helping Aunt Cass? This just makes me fall for her more. She's so kind and helpful. She's very caring as well.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, trying to get those thoughts out of the way.

"Are you sure? That was a loud thump that I heard from the cafe down there." She said, hanging the apron on one of the coat racks.

"Really. I'm fine."

"If you say so."

She sat next to my bed and her gaze was focused somewhere.

"So what were you doing down there?"

No response.

"Y/n?" She didn't react. "Hello? Yyyyy/nnnnnn?"

I wave a hand in front of her face and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"S-sorry." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"What were you thinking about?"

There was a small moment of silence.

"Hiro, are you planning on going to SFIT?"

SFIT. The Nerd School. I forgot all about it. I thought about the question for a bit.

"Y-Yeah. Why?"

She look slightly depressed. I mean it wasn't very obvious but there's just a hint of it.

"Don't you want to start bringing things to your lab and everything?"

"Yeah. I should start doing that soon."

"I can help you carry the boxes and unpack if you would like?"

"Of course you can."

"Thanks Hiro."

She smiled at me but I knew it was forced. Something was just off. I realized that she wanted to register for SFIT. I remember her saying that it was her dream college.

"Y/n, you want to attend SFIT with me?"

Her smile changed to a frown.

"I would love to but I haven't gotten accepted. I couldn't go to the showcase so I have to wait until next year."

As if on cue, Aunt Cass suddenly ran in the room, in her apron and all. She even had a whisk in her hand. The heck? Like I seriously need a door to my room. The stairs just lead straight to my room. You turn left and you'll already see my desks and my bed. I need my privacy you know?

"Sorry to break the romantic moment but I called SFIT about registering and they said that Y/n can attend!" She cheered.

I smiled and when I turned to her, my smile grew bigger.

"Re-Really?! I can go to SFIT?!" Y/n says with shock in her voice.

"Yes! They saw that your grades are perfect and since you graduated so early like Hiro, they think you'll do just fine. They already have a lab for you as well."

Y/n turned to me with the cutest smile and she hugged me.

"I made it! I made it! I'm going to my dream college! I can't believe it!"

I laughed and hugged her back. I'm glad she made it to SFIT with me. I'm glad that she's made it to her dream college. I'm glad she's happy, even without her parents.

"Welcome to Nerd School, Nerd." I said.

Welcome to Nerd School, Nerd.

Hey. I um... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you so...you-you know... Thanks for not giving up on me.

I shook the memory away. He's in a better place now.

Aunt Cass came over and hugged us from behind, Mochi crawling up to our lap.

"Hey! Don't leave me out of it!"

"Meow."

We all laughed as we stayed in this embrace. If only Baymax was here. He gives the best hugs. We parted later and Aunt Cass was heading back to the cafe.

"Y/n, you can go on ahead to SFIT. You've helped a lot today."

She gives her a nod.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem. Now go get your things for the lab."

I texted the gang saying that Y/n and I will be bringing things to the lab since we both are going to attend SFIT.

You: Hey guys! Y/n and I are heading to SFIT

Gogo: Finally decided to join the Nerd Lab?

You: Yea

Honey: Oooooooh! I cant wait! 😄

Honey: Is Y/n attending SFIT or is she just walking with u?

You: Aunt Cass called SFIT and said that Y/n can attend

You: they were impressed by her grades and stuff

Wasabi: Hey guys! What did I miss?

Fred: Heyo! Wats goin on?

Gogo: Just scroll up and u know wats goin on

Honey: Do u need help with the boxes and such?

You: Yea

You: Aunt Cass is busy so she can't drive us

Gogo: Well ur not walkin here are ya?

You: well I could if I wanted to

Wasabi: I can take you. I'll be there in 15.

You: K thnx

Fred: Yes! New recruits to the team!

Gogo: They've been in our team for a while now, Fred

Fred: I know but we get to see them more often

You: k I'm going to get my things ready

You: Cya

Gogo: Alright cya

Honey: Bai!

Fred: Ok lil dude. Have fun!

I shut my phone off and carried my boxes outside of the cafe. I see Y/n only carrying one box.

"Is that the last one?"

She raises a brow before saying, "It's my only one."

"Oh."

"I didn't have much when I first came here. I only brought a suitcase, remember?"

"Yeah. Now I remember."

Wasabi soon pulled up with his new van since the old one had gotten destroyed. He opened the trunk and he helped us put my boxes in. We were almost done until I remembered that I wanted to bring something. I ran up to my room, to Y/n's side. Her bed was made and Tadashi's hat was sitting on the top, right on the center of the bed. That's how I put it there the first time. I seriously need to ask her why she puts it there.

I ran back down, with the cap, and got into Wasabi's van, heading to SFIT. During the ride, I felt every little stitch on the hat, tracing my finger across the S, F, and N on the front. It was silent until I remembered the question that roamed my head.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you make your bed like that?"

She turns to me with confusion written on her face.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like, when I check your side of the room, the bed is made, which is what I expected, but you always put Tadashi's hat right on the top. As if nothing changed." I mumbled the last bit.

"Well that's how I found the bed when I first came to your home. I kept the room clean as if I never came here. I didn't know where I would put it and I didn't want to hurt you or anything but it's become a daily routine for me. I always take the dust off the hat because I know it's really important to you and....you-you know...."

She trailed off and looked at the hat for a bit before looking back at the window.

We arrived at the Ito Ishioka Robotics Lab and the Honey, Fred, and Gogo was standing at the front of the stairs. I got out of the car and walked to the trunk. The whole gang carried my boxes to my lab and left to their own to work on their projects, besides Fred of course. One of the professors direct me and Y/n to our labs and I ended up taking Tadashi's old lab space.

Nothing changed ever since. I still remember it when I first saw it. San Fransokyo's lights shining outside the nights sky through the large circular window. Baymax's case was sitting right under it and Tadashi had a small smile on his face. Probably to hide his excitement for what he's about to show me or the fact that he was going to hurt me in order to do so. He would activate Baymax by putting duct tape on my arm and yanking it off. It hurt but I just wanted to relive that moment. With the two people I lost.

"HIRO!"

I jumped and turned around to see Y/n looking worried.

"Are you alright? I've tried to get your attention like fifty times now. You've been standing there, staring for 5 minutes straight without moving."

I shook my head.

"Sorry. It's just that...this... "

She still stands there patiently, waiting for me to answer.

"This was Tadashi's lab before. The same place where...uh...where he showed me.... B-Baymax." I mumbled.

She puts her box down and walked up to me while I was staring at the floor.

"Hiro look at me."

I look at her e/c eyes which was full of reassurance and comfort.

"Hey. They are really proud of you. You did what Tadashi had always wanted you to do and use that big brain of yours to do great things."

She taps my head and I smile.

"You created a superhero team to protect people in San Fransokyo. You helped people. Baymax would be happy that you're healthy physically, mentally and emotionally." We both chuckled a bit.
"-You're also around the ones you love which makes him happier. Don't change that, okay? I want you to be happy."

I gave her a toothy grin and her lips met with mine. Short but sweet.

"Thanks, Y/n. I seriously needed that."

"Mhmm! My lab is right next door. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

I give her a nod then a smirk.

"You sure it's not the other way around. You're the one with only one box."

She playfully nudged me.

"Whatever, nerd."

She brings her box and went to her lab while I start unpacking.

I remembered about Tadashi's cap and I took it out of my pocket.

"Hey bro. It's been a while huh? I've taken your lab space. Hope you don't mind. I'm sorry about losing Baymax. You did really well with his personality and everything. He became one of my best friends. I'll try to rebuild him but it's going to be difficult without his chip. He wouldn't remember us." I frowned at the thought.

"I've met this girl and her name is Y/n. She moved in with us because her parents passed away. Say hi to them for her. She's also been placing your hat on your bed every time she makes it. She's a nice person and she's my girlfriend." I chuckled.

"I've got someone before you did. Anyways, thanks for never giving up on me."

After that, I hugged the hat to my chest and put it on a lamp. I walked to my boxes and continued to unpack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 324 35
THAT COVER IS MY ART DO NOT STEAL IT OR USE IT IN ANY WAY. ((Kira.scarlet is Kira's IG)) Kira Scarlet, a 14 year old college student at SFIT who love...
41K 664 16
A year after defeating Obake, Hiro and his friends have grown close but one day a new student arrives and begens create a rift between hiro and his f...
13K 195 23
It's been two years Big hero 6 defeated Yokai, and Hiro and his friends have become the hero's of San fransokyo but when hiros brother Tadashi is fou...
75.4K 2.7K 19
Two years ago, Tadashi died in the fire. Everyone, especially Hiro, was hurt. Then Hiro found out Baymax was still active when he changed his world f...