When You're Strange. {Harry P...

By insertwittynamehere

Sixth-year Slytherin, Alice Rhowen, is, along with her boyfriend Draco Malfoy, the most powerful Slytherin st... More

When You're Strange. {Harry Potter}
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Gryffindors.
Chapter 21. Escaping.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23. A Relative.
Chapter 24. The Truth.
Chapter 25. Privacy.
Epilogue.

Chapter 26. The End?

58.1K 865 664
By insertwittynamehere

AN: Important memo at the end of the chapter! PLEASE read and comment! :)

I scream as someone covers my face and swings me around. I feel something being tied tightly around my wrist. I still can't see a thing. I can only feel pain when I try to struggle against the object tied around my wrist.

"Hey, get off of her!" I hear Ron's distinctive voice screaming. He continues to shout, but then he gets cut off. I let out a little whimper as bad scenarios play in my head.

A rough hand clamps over my mouth and I bite it, tasting blood instantly. The person shouts out in pain, but let's go of me.

"Harry!" Hermione screeches, sounding frantic. My pulse starts to race even more. I feel uneasy, just from hearing her voice. It's like I was put in the middle of a horror movie, with a blind-fold on.

Frustration boils in every muscle of my body, as my seeing is still disabled. I can smell blood all around me. I feel around me, and the only thing I can touch is the damp tree behind me.

A bunch of people start screaming, from all over. I cry out, anger reaching the peak. Why can't I see anything? 

Then, suddenly, my vision is returned.

I let out a scream, feeling sick to my stomach. All around, I see Death Eaters racing towards a large couch; a port-key I take it as. I see Ron, Aaron, Hermione and Harry tied up against a tree. Harry is completely unconscious, being held up by Ron. Hermione weeps into Aaron's shoulder. I let out a scream, trying to go after the Death Eaters before they can escape, but I can't move.

Lagging behind the other Death Eaters, Draco stares at me. His features are stained with concern. He slows down to not even a walking pace. Tears just continue to threaten to spill over my face. He turns to walk towards me, but I shake my head 'no'.

I'm not going to let him ruin his life, to be put in the same situation as me. He has the chance of living a safe life. Voldemort won't touch him. He has the protection of the Death Eaters, and his parents. Both of which I do not have.

He balls his hands into fists, but he turns towards the portkey again. He looks over his shoulder one last time, before disappearing into the group of Death Eaters. I wipe away a tear with my free hand.

I look down to see my wrist bound by a glowing chain, obviously a hex. 

"Such a waste of talent," A voice hisses in my ear.

I jump and whip my head up to see Voldemort floating above me. I shrink down, cringing away from him. I can feel his icy cold breath on my face. It causes my heart to quicken to a dangerously high pace.

"You'll get what you deserve, but, don't think this is over." He tells me, pressing his finger to my left forearm. The tattoo on my arm turns bright red and scalds my skin. I scream and wriggle beneath his touch.

Images flash behind my closed eyelids. I see the dead bodies; the Raveclaw girl, Tabitha, and faces of others. I see Emmerich, fighting to protect Annie after I ran off with Aaron. I see two people, whom I don't recognize.

I watch as the man and woman die. The life leaves their eyes quickly. Voldemort was standing behind them, being protected by them. He looks down at their dead bodies in anger, but races away. I get to see the two faces up close. Their blank eyes stare at me. Green eyes; just like mine; just like Aaron's. I see the resemblance immediately. My mother has my same full lips. She also shares Aaron's complexion, and bone structure. I see I have my father's eyes, wide and beautiful. They are beautiful people; well, they were...

I open my eyes and watch Voldemort leaving with haste. I look down at my tattoo. The snake slithers, as if it's alive. I gasp, and can barely take my eyes from it. It's like I'm under hypnosis. It slithers around on my skin, looking ready to strike. It burns my forearm slightly, but it almost has a satisfying feeling to it. Like, it's bringing me under with it.

But, I hear Hermione shout and I look up. I see the Death Eaters and Voldemort disappearing into the distance. The couch takes them far away from here I'm sure. Far away that it'll be impossible for us to find them again.

The only thing to be heard now is Hermione's sobs and my own loud, shaky breathing. The stitches in my side start to throb with pain, and my leg is still bleeding profusely. My own eyes threaten to spill even more tears, but I try and be strong.

"Alice, are you alright?" Ron yells across the empty field, his voice cracking.

I close my eyes in pain. What are we to do? Are we going to die right here? Is this really how it's going to end? I'm going to bleed to death and they are going to die of starvation, or of insanity.

"I don't know," I shout back, as loud as my lungs will allow. With every breath I take, my entire body aches.

"Do you think you can-" Hermione starts to ask me, but she is interrupted.

"Whoever is out there, don't move!" Someone screams from in the trees.

I open my eyes. Who could that be? Maybe somebody to save us? I try to stand up, but the chain and my injuries keeps me to the ground.

"Help us! Please!" Hermione shouts, and Ron and Aaron join in.

In the distant, exactly where the Death Eater's port-key used to be, someone approaches. Their wand is lit and they take slow steps, approaching us.

Maybe if they set me free, I can find Voldemort and defeat him. I should be able to find him, since I still have the Dark Mark.

I hear Hermione gasp and she looks to Ron, with fear.

I squint to see who exactly the person is.

"Hello, who's there?" The person shouts.

Through the darkness, the only thing still giving off light beside the moon, is the Dark Mark. But, I gasp, repeating Hermione's reaction.

Rufus Scrimgeour. The Minister of Magic.

He holds his wand out, and far off, I see at least a hundred other wands lit at the ends.

"State your name!" He screams, as soon as he spots me.

Fear takes over the hopefulness in my chest. I haven't done anything wrong, so why should I be worried?

"Alice Magdalen Rhowen." I state, feeling out of breath. My hands shake, causing the chain to ring out a very odd sounding bell.

Now it's his turn to let fear take over his features.

"Do not move, Ms. Rhowen," He warns me and he points his wand to the sky, shooting off a bright red spark.

Then, his attention is brought to the others tied up to the tree. He looks to me, concern wrapped up with the fear.

He takes a step towards them, and I feel a little relieved. He uses his wand to break the chain bounding them to the bough of the tree. Ron catches Harry before he could hit the ground.

"Is he...?" Mr. Scrimgeour asks Ron, shakily, not even able to finish his sentence.

"Unconscious? Yes. Dead? Not yet," Ron answers gruffly.

Ron sets Harry down on the ground, gently. Then, he turns to look at me. Seeing him as bloodied up as he is, gives me a slight idea as to how horrible I must look. He takes a step towards me, but Mr. Scrimgeour stops him.

"Please, don't take another step towards her. She's highly dangerous," He warns Ron.

"Dangerous?" Ron asks, taken back.

Then, the hundred lit wands I saw in the distant, appear behind Mr. Scrimgeour. I recognize a few of the faces; Delores Umbridge, who was our Headmistress last year. I never have hated a woman so much before. And, I recognize Arthur Weasley; Ron's father.

"Ron!" Arthur calls out, his eyes filling up with tears.

He runs to his son and wraps him in his arms. Ron hugs him back, but looks at me with worry. I give him a slight smile, happy to see him safe in his father's arms.

But, the other people of the Ministry aim their wand at me. I shift uncomfortably beneath all of their eyes.

"Now, Alice Magdalen Rhowen, please, can we try to do this as easily as possible?" Mr. Scrimgeour says, taking a step towards me, as if I'm some sort of wild animal.

"What's going on? What did she do?" Aaron speaks up, getting in Mr. Scrimgeour's way.

Ron takes a stance beside Aaron, and Hermione stays at Harry's side. She holds his unconscious hand tightly, looking from the Minister back to me.

"We've already found all the dead bodies, and we were met by a reliable source that the damage was in fact done by Ms. Rhowen." Mr. Scrimgeour explains, looking at me now without fear, only disgust.

"Dead bodies? Alice didn't kill anybody!" Ron shouts at him.

"No need to lie for her, young man. We were contacted several days ago, from someone that knew Ms. Rhowan very well, of course their identity is a private matter, but they informed me that Alice was doing work for 'You-Know-Who' himself. If you can prove to me that she is not a Death Eater, then perhaps I will reconsider the charges," Mr. Scrimgeour says, calmly.

I feel sick to my stomach. Who called the Ministry? Who was waiting there, to put the blame for all of the casualties, on me?

"That's absolutely ridiculous! Alice hasn't, and would never hurt a soul!" Hermione objects, getting into the heated argument as well.

"Alice, your left arm, please?" Mr. Scrimgeour ignores her outburst and walks past Ron and Aaron, to stand above me.

"I didn't kill anyone," I insist, my voice sounding weaker than ever. I look up to him, tears filling my eyelids. He just looks down upon me, as if I was dirt.

"Your left arm, please," He asks again, holding out his hand.

I close my eyes and lift my free arm, setting it in his hand. He clamps his hand tightly around my wrist, nearly breaking the bone.

"Exactly as I thought. She has the Dark Mark upon her!" He turns around and shouts, holding my arm up and showing off the Dark Mark exactly as it is; a hideous feature.

The people of the Ministry gasp. Some turn to each other and start speaking quickly. Others grit their teeth and continue aiming their wand at me.

"She may be a Death Eater, but she isn't a murderer," Aaron speaks up, defending me.

"What's the difference?" He spits at me, looking at me with disgust.

I can't control the tears now. They spill over my cheeks and I shake, uncontrollably. He's right, I'm a monster. I did the dirty work for the Dark Lord, like some sort of mindless animal. Maybe I'm just as bad as the other Death Eaters?

'You'll get what you deserve'

Voldemort's words ring clearly in my head. He was the reliable source, wasn't he? He disguised himself, or had one of his Death Eaters do it for him.

"It's off to Azkabanwith you," Scrimgeour snarls at me, lifting me off the ground. I try to stand, but my weak body buckles beneath me. He breaks the charmed chain around my wrist and holds me up by my tank-top. I feel naked and bare before the entire Ministry of Magic.

"Please, I swear," I beg. "I stopped serving Voldemort. I don't belong to him anymore!" I try to explain.

Many people gasp at my use of the Dark Lord's name aloud.

"The corpses of those innocent witches and wizards beg to differ," He says, bitterly. He pulls me by my arm, causing my leg to erupt in pain. I let out a yelp, but he doesn't stop.

"Hey, she's injured!" Ron cries out, tears spilling from his eyes as well.

He breaks free from his father's tight grip and grabs me. Scrimgeour kicks him to the ground, then aims his wand at Ron,

"Arthur, unless you want your son sent to Azkaban with this one, I suggest you get him under control," Scrimgeour threatens.

Arthur rushes to Ron's side and restrains him. Ron struggles against his father's strong arms.

"Rufus, maybe they're telling the truth? Perhaps Alice is... innocent?" Arthur defends me.

I can tell seeing his son like this breaks his heart. He defends me, even though he knows nothing about me, beside I'm a Death Eater.

"Are you really going to stand up for one of 'You-Know-Who's' followers? If he could trust her, why should we?" Umbridge speaks up, speaking ever-so-sweetly. She smiles at me. Seeing her face causes my anger to rise by the second.

"Harry, no!" Hermione shouts.

Everyone turns to see Harry Potter stumbling towards Scrimgeour and I. He wipes the blood from his mouth and stands tall before us.

"Alice didn't do anything," He says, out of breath, but still very strong.

"Harry Potter, why am I not surprised you're involved with all of this?" Scrimgeour taunts. "To all of you;" He turns to Hermione, Aaron, Ron and Harry, "Alice will have a trial, like all of the other criminals. There, justice will be served," He announces, loudly for everyone to hear.

I try to wriggle free from Scrimgeour's grip, but it's no use. I'm stuck. He grips onto my torn tank-top tighter, shooting me a death glare.

"Don't worry Alice, you'll be found innocent in the trial," Hermione tries to assure me, but it doesn't help. Umbridge lets out a giggle from her spot in the crowd. Hermione and I both send her identical hateful glares. She just looks at me with amusement.

"I wouldn't be so confident with that, my dear. Murder is not an easy crime to get out of," Umbridge says, each word feels like a slap to the face.

"I'm not a murderer!" I scream at her, trying to break from Scrimgeour's grip to attack her, but he holds me back, having to use both hands.

"If you do not calm down, Alice, we will have to use excessive force." Scrimgeour warns me.

Defeated, I look to my older brother. I bet he's so proud of his baby sister. A criminal; being sent to Azkaban on the lines of murder. He just shoots me a sympathetic look. Even though we haven't been close all these years, I still feel the love. I can just tell by looking at his eyes, that he would do anything for me. And, that scares me.

I don't want him, or anybody else for that matter, risking their lives for me anymore.

I look over at Harry. He nods to me, giving me a look of understanding. He knows how it feels to have Voldemort destroy everything you have. He's the only one that could possibly understand the complete and utter hatred for the Dark Lord. Here, I thought we were opposite, but in reality, we could never be more similar.

"Can I say goodbye to them?" I ask, trying to hide the edge to my voice. Obviously my attitude isn't getting me very far.

"Absolutely not," Scrimgeour scoffs.

I look back at Ron, feeling sick to my stomach.

"Rufus," Arthur frowns, looking at the Minister with disappointment.

"Fine, you can say your goodbyes; only because you won't be seeing anyone for a very, very long time," Scrimgeour spits out and lets go of my shirt. "Make it quick," He adds, before joining Arthur in making their way back to the crowd.

Without Scrimgeour holding onto my shirt, I fall to the ground. Ron races over and wraps his arms around me. The others walk away, giving us our space.

"I love you, Ron," I cry into his chest. "I'm so sorry about all of this mess... I never meant for any of you to be involved," I apologize.

Maybe I deserved being sent to Azkaban. Would those people be dead, if I wasn't involved?

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." He insists, rubbing my back. "I love you too, Alice. I always will." He says, looking me in the eyes.

I don't deserve him.

I use all my strength to pull myself up to his face and kiss him. I know this will be the last time I'll ever get to kiss his lips. So, I kiss with all my might. I tangle my fingers in his hair, and he clutches my body tightly. I can feel his heart thumping against my chest, and mine against his.

He's the one to break the kiss first, much to my dismay.

"I'll wait for you," He promises. I shake my head, refusing to let him waste his life like that. Tears start to well up in my eyes, once again.

"No, please don't do that. You have so much love to give someone, don't waste it on me." I refuse. But, he just kisses my lips again, only a quick peck this time.

"Shh. You're the only one I want to give my love to," He tells me, tears welling up in his eyes as well. "I'll wait for you, no matter how many years; 5, 10, 15, 100 years. It doesn't matter to me, as long as I have you in the end," He vows.

"Ron," I croak, tears spilling all over my face. He wipes them away, quickly.

"When you get out, I'm going to marry you. I promise." He looks into my eyes and holds my face in his hands.

"What if I never get out?" I continue to bring out the negative. Why can't he see that I'm not worth it?

"Then... Then, I'll break you out," He whispers, giving me a peck on the lips once more.

"No-"I object, but he cuts me off.

"No matter what you say, I'm yours. I couldn't imagine being with someone else." He says, his voice shaking now.

"Ron, you could have a normal life. You should have a normal life." I say quietly, starting to give in to his stupid plan.

"It wouldn't be normal, if it didn't involve you," He smiles.

Now it's my turn to kiss him.

"You know how incredibly cliche this sounds, right?" I laugh, pressing my forehead against his. He just laughs too.

"I was afraid you'd call me out on that," He chuckles, playing with my blood-encrusted, matted hair.

"Let's go, Ms. Rhowen!" Scrimgeour shouts.

I look over to see him and everyone else watching Ron and I. Arthur has tears in his eyes, along with Hermione.

"Tell my brother I love him, and tell Harry and Hermione I say 'Thank-you'." I request, as he helps me to my feet.

"Of course," He nods, trying to be gentle with my wounds. He lets me use him as a crutch, as he escorts me over to Scrimgeour and the others.

"Ron, I love you." I whisper as we reach the others.

"I know, and I love you too. Don't ever forget that," He whispers into my ear.

Even though we stand in front of the entire Ministry of Magic, I give Ron one last kiss before I have to leave. He kisses me back with much enthusiasm.

We stop only when Scrimgeour clears his throat. Ron blushes, but squeezes my hand.

Scrimgeour grabs me by my wrists, and tears me away from the others.

The last thing I see is Hermione snuggling into Aaron's arms and Harry patting Ron on the back.

I can't help but to cry, even though Arthur Weasley shoots me a sympathetic look and stays by my side. It felt nice to know that a part of Ron was coming with me. But, it's not nearly enough...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: So, this is the final chapter!!! </3

I'll be posting the epilogue right away (maybe), but please, comment on this chapter!

Tell me:

A) If you even want a sequel (Now that you know the ending of this one). I don't think there entirely would need to be a sequel. It could be left with an epilogue. (So, what I'm saying is that the epilogues will be different, depending on if there is a sequel. Because, I could wrap up this entire character/story with an epilogue)

B) If you do want a sequel, what do you think should happen? (& No, Alice will not fall in love with Draco. They are fini!)

C) What you thought of this book! (hahah, so DO comment other than telling me if you want a sequel or not!) (Let me know what you did and did not like about this story!)

Thank you all SO much for the support throughout this book

& PS. Keep in mind that I do have another HPFF story to follow, so if you don't want this to continue, I WILL keep writing more and more HPFF. If I don't do a sequel to this book, I will be putting more time into the other FF, and maybe I'll start another brand new one?

&& Don't worry about hurting my feelings, if you say you don't want a sequel, because honestly I don't care. I have an epilogue in mind that I could use if there isn't a sequel, with a great ending:) So, don't worry about sparing my feelings!

Again, I love you all SO MUCH! <3 haha

Love,

Me!

Continue Reading