โœ“ | ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐จ๐Ÿ ( ๐—ฟ๏ฟฝ...

By -lumax

โ IT'S A FOOL PROOF PLAN. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE WAY TO A GIRL'S HEART IS THROUGH... More

TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.

ONE.

5.6K 152 131
By -lumax

author's edit !
i wrote this when i was like 15 and had no idea how to write stories lmao sjskjd forgive me. this book is lowkey terrible, cringey and problematic as hell but if you want to continue then go at your own risk alright bye enjoy cuties.

. . .

FOOL, NOT TO KNOW THAT
LOVE ENDURES NO TIE,
AND JOVE BUT LAUGHS AT LOVERS' PERJURY.

. . .

Lucas Friar lived his life the way a broken record would continue to play itself on repeat. Most would go insane at the thought of hearing the same song over and over again, but not Lucas. He rather enjoyed this repetitive nature ─ he liked order. He liked having certainty over his future. It gave him a sense of familiarity and straightforwardness that perfectionists could only strive for.

He was stubborn, to say the least. He had his entire daily routine planned out ever since the beginning of freshman year, and nothing could have ever possibly changed that.

Go to school, attend classes, hang out with his best friends Zay and Farkle, and watch head cheerleader Maya Hart walk into the cafeteria with Charlie Gardner's arm slung around her shoulder and Riley Matthews clumsily trailing behind.

Every single day.

It was a routine practice that Lucas had fully accepted as a daily part of his life.

He didn't like change.

He did, however, like Maya Hart. She was inarguably the most beautiful person he had ever seen in all his seventeen years of life. He could never forget the moment he saw her. It was a terrible cliché, though he had complete understanding of how the dirty blond six year old could have possibly fallen for the pretty girl with skin so delicately pale it brought out her freckles and the sea blue hue of her eyes.

It was love.

The inexplainable beauty of being a child was their ability to make new friends within the probable timespan of a few minutes. Because all they ever had to be was themselves, and that fact had always seemed to be enough.

All he had to do was sit next to a six year old Maya Hart on the swings set one sunny afternoon and boom. Best friends. Though, as with most childhood friendships, it fell apart. Everybody was no longer themselves and Maya had somehow grown into the girl who rarely looked his way, or even acknowledged his existence. She was popular. And he was still just Lucas. Still the same boy who fell in love with the girl he used to call her best friend.

He just didn't like change. Therefore, nothing in his life was ever out of order. Until one day, it was.

Something changed, and he realised he could no longer keep listening to the same song over and over again.

. . .

lucas friar
I stare at the clock on the wall. 1 minute until Maya walks through those cafeteria doors. As every second ticks by, I feel my heart beating faster and faster. Any second now the love of my life is going to burst through those doors in her petite cheerleading uniform and sit at the back table on the far right. It was customary for Maya to sit at that table, and luckily for me, her and her group of friends always did. That way, every time I looked straight ahead, I could see her perfectly with no disturbances or objects in the way. Some may call it creepy; I call it necessary.

Besides, it had become the only way I could even take somewhat of a glance at Maya without getting caught by her unbearable friends or boyfriend.

Perhaps this was why I preferred to stare at her from afar rather than completely embarrass myself and talk to her. Aside from that gruelling fact, lunch break was the only time of day I got to see her, anyway.

Yeah. It was definitely necessary.

And then there she was. Maya Hart, walking down the cafeteria aisle with a spring in her step as her thick locks of gold hair radiantly bounced off her shoulders and the flare of her cheerleading skirt lightly frolicked against her thin, pale legs. She was perfection in every sense of the word. It was hard not to look away, though as my eyes followed the blonde beauty down the aisle, the sharp glare from her boyfriend broke free of my glance as I quickly looked down at my tray of food.

"You know who I hate?" I said, vigorously picking at my plate of cold mashed potatoes. "I hate Charlie Gardner. My god, I hate him with such a burning passion. What a jerk. I cannot believe he's dating Maya. He's such a─"

"Whoa-hey, hey! Calm down buddy. We get it," Zay laughs.

Farkle looked up from his book and stared straight at me, narrowing his eyes in apparent concentration. "Lucas, the only reason why you hate Charlie is because - and I'm not the one to objectify women but I'm only quoting what Zay said - he scored with the hottest girl in school and you couldn't."

"Oh, is that what your little scientific mind came to the conclusion of? Is that your hypothesis?" I taunted, mockery clearly painting my tone as I harshly rolled my eyes.

He put down his book, squinting in confusion. "What you said just completely contradicted─"

"Oh just shut up, Farkle," I said, prying him away with my hands just as I noticed Maya Hart taking a seat at her table. She was in my exact peripheral vision, only quite a feet away from me. Just as she always was, every single day.

I stared at her, completely mesmerised by her beauty. How could someone so gorgeous ever date Charlie Gardner? He was dangerously toxic, and yet she somehow remained pure and untainted. It was times like these that I wished I could just break out of my controlled habits and just speak to her. We used to always be able to talk when we were kids, but that was the thing. We weren't kids anymore. Now I would constantly ponder on the probability that she even knew my name.

"Friar!"

I immediately snapped out of my muddled thoughts, eyes blinking furiously as I looked around. "What?"

Zay sighed. "Lucas, why do you continue to stare at her? I'm telling you right now, you've got to stop. I'm worried she's going to catch you and file a restraining order against you."

"But she's so beautiful. It's like looking into the sun."

He furrowed his brows together. "If by looking into the sun you mean squinting your eyes real hard and going a bit blind for a moment, then yeah. She's definitely like the sun," he sarcastically muttered. I heard a scatter of laughs from around the table accompanied with Zay's continuous uttering, though his voice slowly faded out as I looked back at Maya. She was laughing with her friends as the light from the window glistened onto her, highlighting the golden strands that stood out against the slightly paler tones of her hair.

"Lucas!" I suddenly felt a cold mush of mashed potato implanted right onto my left cheek. "See Zay? I told you, he's too busy staring at his girlfriend. Oh, that's right, Maya isn't his girlfriend," Farkle sarcastically ringed in, smiling at me smugly.

I irritatingly wiped the mash off my face and threw it back at Farkle, aiming perfectly at his stupidly well-structured jawline. "Farkle Minkus, how many damn times have I told you to shut up?"

He pulled the sleeve of his jumper up to his fingers and smeared away the mashed potato, plopping it heavily down onto his plate. "Twice, actually. Look, all I'm saying is, you should stop staring at her and actually go talk to her. It isn't that hard, you know."

"She has a boyfriend, Farkle."

Zay interrupts, "And plus, she's way too good for him; totally out of his league. Lucas could never get her." He turns his head and looks at me before adding, "Sorry buddy."

I nonchalantly shrugged off Zay's comment, instead plastering on a conceited smirk. "Oh, you think I couldn't get Maya if I wanted to?"

Zay scoffed loudly, muttering something incoherent about me being crazy under his breath. "You want to know what I think? I think you couldn't even get back-of-the-class Brenda," he retorted.

"Don't be so rude Zay," Farkle snapped. He quickly softened his features, almost unaware that he had even raised his voice in the first place. "I mean, I just think she's nice, that's all. What has she ever done to you," he mumbled, his voice slowly fading out on the last few words.

"If you want her, Farkle, then you can most definitely have her. No judgements here," Zay said, raising both his hands defensively.

Farkle rolled his eyes, annoyance practically fuming out from his ears. He sighed, "Whatever. I like Riley, remember?"

I snort loudly, "Riley? As in Riley Matthews?" Farkle hesitantly nods at me as I continue, "Have you seen her? She's a complete klutz. Totally stupid and so shallow. I don't understand how she could even be remotely popular."

"But on the other hand, she's totally hot and co-captain of the cheerleading team," Zay interjected, pointing his finger at me matter-of-factly.

Farkle rolled his eyes again, letting out a short huff of breath. "Zay, I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop identifying girls purely based on their outward appearance. It's dehumanising. And as for you, Lucas─" he turned his head towards me, narrowing his eyes immensely, "─how about you stop judging her, too. You barely even know her. She's lovely."

"Yeah, sure," I sarcastically nod.

He rolled his eyes a third time, clearly tired from my lack of sympathy for Riley. But it wasn't even my fault. I've seen her simply walk around the school from time to time and she didn't exactly possess the natural quality of hand-eye coordination. All the other things I had said about her were purely an assumption, though they were based off rumors. And although I was not the type to fall into the circulation of gossip, they certainly couldn't have been far from the truth.

He took in a deep breath, slowly exhaling before he said, "Fine. Let's put it this way. She can't be that bad if she's Maya's best friend, right?"

I sighed. "That, or Maya just has really horrible taste in friends. And boyfriends."

Farkle paused for a brief moment, furrowing his brows in deep confusion. "I thought Maya was oh-so perfect and nothing could ever be wrong with her?" he questioned, though clear sarcasm was ringing through his dull tone.

"No, she is perfect but─"

"You know what, I really don't care," Farkle quickly interrupted. "But look, I'm just saying, if you actually got to know Riley, you wouldn't be saying these things," he said almost disappointedly, shaking his head slightly at me before picking up his book again.

"Alright, whatever."

. . .

I look up at the clock on the cafeteria wall. 1 minute until Maya Hart walks through those doors with Charlie Gardner's arm slung around her shoulder and Riley Matthews clumsily trailing behind. I smile at the mere thought of Maya strutting down the cafeteria isle to her table, looking as radiant as ever. I was always looking forward to this part of my day. Despite seeing her every single day in this exact position at this exact moment of time, I could never get bored of her. I loved life, and I loved it even more when everything was simple and the same.

Life was good, and nothing could have ever possibly changed that.

That is, until Maya Hart forcefully bursts through the cafeteria doors without Charlie Gardner by her side. She angrily stormed towards her seat, pushing past frightened students as they fleetingly ran to their tables. She always knew how to make an entrance. I had just never expected this one.

Everything came crashing down all at once, barely giving me time to comprehend the situation. Something terribly strange was happening. Something was changing, and I didn't like it one bit.

"Maya! Wait up!" Riley shouted, breaking my inner thoughts as I looked up at her. She entered the cafeteria, quickly running up to catch Maya. "Please, Maya. It's not your fault!"

"Riley, I don't want to talk about it," Maya forcefully asserted, not looking back once as she continued to pace to her table. "And I know it's not my fault. I wasn't the one who cheated."

My eyes widened. I immediately looked at Zay, who surprisingly was already staring back at me. His jaw dropped in utter amazement, furrowing his brows at me before whispering, "Did you just hear the─"

"Yeah," I quickly responded.

"So, Charlie cheat─"

"I guess so," I quietly uttered back, reluctancy in my tone. "You know, this isn't right! This wasn't how it was supposed to go," I whined, slumping my shoulders down in defeat. Zay looked at me in confusion, so I continued, "I just don't understand this. And I definitely don't like it one bit. Everything in my life was perfect. Why do things have to change?"

He irritatingly sighed, slapping me behind the head in one swift motion. "You sound absolutely ridiculous, I hope you realise that. Why are you confused? Maya just broke up with her long-time boyfriend, and now that she has, you finally get to have your chance with her. Must I make it any clearer for your simplistic little mind?"

I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic remark. "You do realise who I am, right? Lucas Friar? The guy who doesn't like change and would rather jump off a cliff than break out of his perfect schedule that he's had since forever. I just can't do it!" I said very quickly, having to pause for a breath. "Never did I ponder on the possibility that she'd actually break up with Charlie. But now that she has, I don't know what to do ... Must I make it any clearer for your simplistic little mind?" I repeated his words mockingly.

He cleared his throat, patting me on my shoulder with his right hand. "I've got serious news for you buddy. You need to get over it. Things change and life moves on. That's how it works, Lucas," he said, his head slightly shaking at me in disapproval. Since when was Zay such a big preacher in life lessons?

"I know," I pathetically whispered.

"You can't just keep living the same life over and over again. Change is bound to happen," Zay playfully muttered.

"Well, how would I even talk to her?"

"Oh, I don't know, how about actually walking up to her and saying hello?" he sarcastically replied, lightly chuckling to himself. Noticing the nonchalant expression on my face, he stopped and took a deep breath, uttering, "Okay, fine. In all seriousness, you've just got to get to know her. Understand her interests, likes and dislikes, you know all that boring love stuff."

I nodded, my stare suddenly fixating on Maya in the far distance. She was tiredly picking at her tray of food in front of her, not interacting with anybody around her who seemed to be wildly engaged in their conversation about who knows what. Probably popular stuff like football or cheerleading or whatever the hell shallow people talked about.

Riley then hesitantly rested her hand on Maya's back, lightly patting it and rubbing small circles around it, I assumed for the sake of comfort. Maya leaned her head on Riley's shoulder, and that's when a thought suddenly hit me as a grin slowly crept up on my face. It was perfect.

Zay turned to look at me, narrowing his eyes in complete and utter confusion. He knitted his brows together tightly, tilting his head to the side. "Lucas?"

"Zay, I've got the perfect plan," I excitedly declared, not breaking my focus away from Maya and Riley.

"What."

"I've got to become friends with Riley," I said rather enthusiastically, finally tearing away my gaze from the two girls to see a very confused Zay staring back at me.

Farkle immediately looked up from his tray of food, now suddenly very interested in our conversation. Hm, I could only wonder why. "Wait, what? What has Riley got to do with this?"

I laugh, urging them closer with my hands as they obligingly listen, tugging their chairs towards mine. "Look, remember what we talked about yesterday? About how Riley and Maya are best friends? Well, if they are best friends, then Riley would know a lot about Maya, right?" They both nod, eagerly expecting me to continue as I add, "And if we're also taking into account the fact that Riley is completely clueless and a total klutz--"

Farkle immediately glares at me, his sharp eyes narrowing at my supposed rude comment towards Riley.

"Then," I ignored him and continued, "It wouldn't exactly be hard to get information about Maya through Riley! That way, not only am I getting close to Riley - like you cleverly suggested Farkle, but I'm also going to get to know Maya - like you suggested Zay." I grinned widely, rather pleased with the plan I had come up with.

Farkle leaned back on his chair, scrunching up his face as he pressed his lips together in a tight line. Clearly, he wasn't so convinced. He took a subtly glance over at Maya before looking back at me, still utterly confused. "I don't quite understand what this will accomplish, Lucas."

"Don't worry. It's a fool proof plan. Everyone knows that the way to a girl's heart is through her best friend."

Farkle paused for a moment, appearing to be in deep thought as he processed this newfound information. Gosh, for a genius, he was having quite a hard time trying to understand something as simple as this. His lips parted slightly as if something had finally hit him, but then furrowed his brows together soon after. "So, what I've come to understand is that you're going to use Riley just to get to Maya?"

"No, don't think of it like that ... think of it as Riley providing me with a free, harmless service," I said, plastering a cheesy smile on my face to somehow convince them of the infallibility of my plan.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think that Farkle's right," Zay chimed in. "I'm not too sure this is a very good idea."

"Zay, you're the one that told me to do something with my life! I'm done with keeping everything perfectly the same. It's time for me to change."

He sighed, nodding at me in defeat. He knew how stubborn I was and that there was no way in hell I was going to change my mind. "So what's the first step in your plan, Friar?"

I smirked and looked at Riley Matthews from afar. "Riley and I have some catching up to do."

. . .

hope you enjoyed chapter one.

disclaimer: i do not own girl meets world, those rights belong to
michael jacobs and april kelly.
copyright © -lumax, 2016.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
7.7K 237 19
Boy meets girl. Boy falls for girl. Boy befriends girl. Girl falls for someone else. In this story about cat and mouse, friendships, love, and heartb...
16.8M 649K 64
BitmiลŸ nefesi, biraz kฤฑrฤฑlgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuลŸ, Elleri nasฤฑrlฤฑ, Gรถzleri gรถzlerime kenetli; "ฤฐyi ki girdin hayatฤฑma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
10K 162 11
One intersex little brother who just can't help they way he feels around his big brother Will they be enemies or star crossed lovers