SILVER LAKE {COMPLETE} #WSASH...

By sophiesophilatte

"Not all things in your peripheral vision are what it seems, sometimes we have to look beyond what we are see... More

Part 1
Part 3
Special: Rent's Wish
SEQUEL !!
Story Awards๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ’Ž

Part 2

318 27 32
By sophiesophilatte

It's been a month since the last time I saw him. Never thought that what he said before was a goodbye. Maybe because I'm too dumb to understand after what happened? But he clearly said the we'll meet again. Nevertheless I'm alone again in my own world. I was used by his presence that I feel somewhat lonely and have this feeling that I want to see him.

I decided to go outside the castle gates and the stalls nearby to hear some gossips or wait for a chance to sneak inside. When a mother and her daughter excitedly left the tailor's boutique caught my attention. "Mother, had you seen it? It's so beautiful can't wait for the prince's birthday celebration. I really want to dance with him."

A party! I gasp as an idea appear in my mind. I went inside the boutique and look around. There are lots of beautiful gowns but I need to find away how to sneak in. Luckily, the owner was busy fixing his stockroom. I saw a record book on the table and peek. I see the dates of those two for their gowns to be claim.

The day arrived, I sneakily went inside and hide on one of the boxes where their gowns at while the tailor was busy attending them. Good thing gowns are heavy and there's a lot of fabric to put inside before putting them on so no one bothered why it was a bit heavy.

As the boxes arrived on the girls room, I immediately grab her gown and left. I can even hear her wailing a minutes after she came back to found out her gown was gone. I didn't brought the puffy undergarments, only the main one.

That night, the castle was full of wealthy people. I calmly went inside hoping that the mother won't caught me wearing her daughter's gown. There are lots of beautiful girls same as my age and I envy them. How can a world be so cruel and injustice for us who doesn't have a life like them? I sigh.

The crowd was quiet when the prince was introduce. The moment I saw his face again I feel happiness deep within me. Staring at him from faraway was enough. I'm glad seeing that he was fine. "Happy birthday Rent." I murmur.

"He is so handsome, I really want to dance with him."

"How can he notice me, so we can dance together."

"I want to be his wife in the future."

Those girls waiting and dreaming for his attention are irritating. Without thinking, I went to the middle of the ballroom and gracefully walked towards him. I saw his puzzled face and I don't care if the woman caught me wearing this gown anymore. I just want to dance with him for the last time.

I bow down and offer my hand, "May I have this dance, your highness?" I said. I can even hear the murmurs of people around. Meanwhile, Rent sit still without saying a word.

 "Your highness, do you know this lady?" his butler asked.

He stand and grab my hand. "Very well." He timidly respond. I smiled and we danced the night away. For me, it was magical.

I was admiring the beauty of the moon as we stand at the balcony outside. I notice him staring at me under the bright moonlight. "What?" I asked. He kept staring at me without saying a word making me feel embarrassed.

"I wish not to see you again."

Hearing those words, a sudden pain rush to me. Did I heard it right?

"Whaa-at?" I faintly said with a heavy breathing.

"I don't want to see you anymore." He said with an expressionless face.

My eyes widen. "Why? Aren't we friends?"

"If you want a friend you can easily have them outside the castle's walls."

"You know that's not what I mean Rent."

"Don't call me that, did you forget who you are talking to."

What does he mean by that? Why are he saying all these things to me?

"If I'm a commoner, why does a prince like you accepted my invitation to dance? Did you not feel ashamed?"

He didn't respond and just stare at me.

"That was her! Get her!" the woman exclaimed while pointing. The royal guards immediately capture me. "Your highness! That woman is a thief! She stole my daughter's gown!"

He look at me waiting for an answer, but I look away. 

"Enough. Let her go." He commanded. "But your highness, she's a thief!" the woman insists. "Let her go and don't lay a finger on her while she leave the castle's walls."

The guards then release me. "I'll pay for the gown." he offered. "Oh no need your highness." She said bowing and look at me angrily.

He turn to me and said, "Leave."

The woman gave me a wicked grin. "People like you don't belong in our world."

I look at him for the last time. And before my tears fall, I ran away.

I ran.

Ran away.

From the castle,

Past the line of guards.

The wealthy town.

To the gates.

I never stop.

Until I reach the Lake.

And cry my heart out.

This time, I didn't hear him say "we'll meet again."

====================================================

Belgium 1894

An old woman approach me, thanking for taking care of her child. I smile at her sweetly, telling her that it was nothing. I was pretty occupied attending their concerns, when one of my companions call my attention.

"Lady Estelle, reliefs from unknown sponsor has arrived."

Immediately, I went to the wagon and check everything. It's complete as usual, this sponsor has been helping us ever since I started this mission and I don't have the slightest idea who she/he is. Whoever is this, I want to thank this person gratefully for helping a lot of people.

"Lady Estelle, lots of villages today can't survive this situation we have here. This all started when King Leopold IV had graven ill and his son Prince Laurent takes over, although this already occurred in the King's reign, I never thought his son was more evil than he was."

He's right, I can't deny that fact. It's been 3 years since we last met, and when Laurent takes his father's obligation, the country's situation become worse. More villages are near to extinction and even though I went on every village to restore them, it's still not enough.

Currently, he leads the gambling and the black market. He and all those rich people drown themselves to gambling and money while the villages outside are dying for hunger and abusive taxes. How could he sleep peacefully in this? Is this what he meant change?

I thought I knew him, but I was wrong. What he's doing is inhuman.

I hate him.

I despise him.

But after everything he did. I admit, I can't completely gave up on him. I need to find a reason.

===========================================================

Today was his proclamation to be King, after King Leopold was announced dead yesterday. All villagers are invited and all of them hated him. They're scared for if he sits to the throne, humanity will never be restored.

I heard that the rebels are planning to sabotage this day. The faction was lead by his brother, Prince Gabriel and the people's only hope. We met one time and I asked him about his brother which he said,

"I don't even know what he was doing, why he was leading those things that will ruin our country, the moment that he had given the power to lead he changed. Maybe power swallow what humanity a person had".

He's right, power swallow Laurent's'humanity.

"That's why I'm asking you to be with me in this fight." he pleaded looking at me sincerely.

"I don't know Gabriel, I can't." I refused.

"I'll protect you at all costs."

"No it's not that, it's just-"

"You love him." he interrupted.

 I looked at him and I can clearly see the pain in his eyes. I can't even bring myself to deny it and because he felt that he can't convinced me anymore, he immediately left.

The sun was high and people gather around the square, all of them cursing him. When suddenly the soldiers surrounded us with their riffles pointing at everybody.

They're forcing us to bow down once the king shows itself in the balcony and we all obey. How cruel is that? But one man stood up and refused to bow for him, so they shoot him and everyone was terrified on what they saw.

"Let's welcome our new King! King Laurent of Belgium!"

"All hail King Laurent! All hail Belgium!"

But the people keep quiet instead of praising him, after what they just witness no one is insane enough to praise him. The soldiers then act forcing everyone to shout and because they're afraid everyone did shout. It doesn't sound like praising, it sounded like cursing.

"ALL HAIL KING LAURENT! ALL HAIL BELGIUM!"

The rebels start to move, everyone panicked. I ran towards the castle, hoping to find him.

I need to talk to him.

I need to see him.

One of the castle maids saw me and mistaken me as their newly recruit maid, she ask me to help her bring those drinks to the king and I grab that opportunity.

When we arrived, the king wasn't there so I told her to leave things to me then she left. The rebels are still fighting when I heard footsteps approaching the room. Immediately, I hide myself in the cabinet.

Two people went inside, Laurent and one of his assistants they're having a conversation.

"Your brother makes these things difficult for you, your Majesty." his assistant said.

"I think he did the right thing, it's quite a show." Laurent responded.

"He just made everything real. Did you see the people? They praising me with those cursing eyes. Everything falls according to plan, now that we killed all the big bosses I now hold all those trashy things my father supported before. Gambling and the black market will vanish, everyone will be free and my brother will be the hero." He paused grabbing a cup of wine.

"All the hatred everyone had will gather to me,

all the negativity and curses will be mine,

all the pain and sorrow our country faces will be mine,

every evil is mine,

enough that my death will bring happiness to this country."

I covered my mouth upon hearing that, this is the reason I've been looking. For deep down in my heart, I know Rent.

"Wait. Had you delivered those supplies for Estelle, her group needs it for the sake of our villagers." 

"Yes, i saw her checking them up yesterday."

"Great." he said smiling faintly. "Also please look up on Whitman's bank account, I already had access to that. Make sure all the money will be safely transferred to the Kingdom. We need it for further liquidations and for the people."

"Yes sir."

"That sh**** bastard thinks I'll forget everything he did to my people." he smirked.

"Your majesty, I think you're the best ruler this country ever habe, if possible plea-"

"Louise, you're my trusted assistant or may I say friend. You've got to realize everyone of us was born with a reason, we should embrace what's in store for us. I never really think we can win against them but we did. Also, I'm grateful because you've been loyal to me."

"I can't take it anymore." I said moving outside the cabinet. 

=================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 6.6K 73
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉถComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
482K 1.5K 47
๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ž
16.3M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...