Paranormal Fate

By KamariaAelfgar9

Stephenie Meyer is the rightful owner of The Twilight Saga. Mary Alice Brandon, a strong psychic and fashion... More

Chapter 1: Rough Start
Chapter 2: Surprise?
Chapter 3: Is She Alone?
Chapter 4: Unmasked
Chapter 6: Witch Twins.

Chapter 5: Nightmares

82 4 13
By KamariaAelfgar9

Hello!

Well I'm extremely happy with this chapter and I really appreciate the comments given by htcsc78. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So that being said, I'm posting this. I worked really hard and I kinda might of fallen in love with the last section of the chapter. Mentioning that, the song I'm posting over there ---------> is from my favourite anime Kuroshitsuji, or Black Butler. It's called Lacrimosa and I think it matches the last section of this chapter pretty good.

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, Stephenie Meyer does.

Chapter five: Nightmares.

“Alice? What happened?”

A certain blonde cowboy was still rather close to me, a cloud of concern glazed over his emerald eyes. I had shifted out of his arms and taken a seat on the light brown rug at the foot of my hotel bed.

I couldn’t believe what had happened. I had gotten a sort of visual message from Rosalie’s spirit, while I was awake. That had never happened before. I’ve been using my psychic gift for a good four years and I had never had a vision while conscious. I’ve only ever had contact in my dreams – normally nightmares – at night.

“Alice?” Jasper asked, for the hundredth time in the last two minutes.

I scrunched my brow in thought and glanced at Jasper’s confused and worried face. “That was strange…”

“What exactly was that?”

“A visual message from Rosalie. I’ve gotten them before, but while I’m asleep, never while I’m conscious. It’s easier for a spirit to hook onto a human’s life source while their mind is at rest, or while their subconscious is in control. She must have immense psychic power in order to latch onto my active life source.”

“She must’ve had a lot of inner anger; the room is becomin’ intoxicated with it,” Jasper mumbled, traces of a frown still seen on his tightly pursed lips.

I touched my head, the usual headache hitting me quickly. I normally had small migraines after a restless spirit contacted me at night. But before I was asleep, it left me exhausted. I guess Rosalie needed more energy for that particular encounter.

“Are ya’ sure you’re okay though?” Jasper asked again.

I nodded slightly and groaned quietly when the movement made my head throb painfully. “Just a headache, it’s normal. I’m going to go to bed though; I’ll be fine in the morning.” And with that I stood up slowly and grabbed my small toiletries bag and pajamas, heading to the bathroom.

“Good night,” Jasper murmured before I shut the door to the small hotel bathroom.

~Paranormal:Fate~

“Alice! Alice!” The door was being pounded on.

I chose to ignore the banging and turned over, pulling the beige sheets up over my head. I was not in the mood this particular morning.

Alice!” Whoever was on the other side of the door was obnoxiously dragging out my name.

“Good mornin’ Angela. Alice is still asleep, she had a rough night.” Jasper’s voice sounded unusually tired.

“Nightmares?” Angela questioned.

There was a pause and I suppose Jasper either nodded or shook his head no. I guessed a nod when he answered Angela, “She was tossin’ and turnin’ for most of the night and she muffled cries into her pillow. I tried to wake her, I felt so helpless. I knew neither of us would be gettin’ sleep if I didn’t do somethin’ to stop her restlessness. But nothing would work.”

I heard Angela sigh from under my covers. I kept Jasper up last night? Guilt instantly washed over me.

“From what I’ve seen in the past, Alice is almost in a trance during her nightmares. You can’t wake her, her mind focuses sonly on the memories she experiences. I’ve tried getting her to go to a psychologist but she refuses and stubbornly states that having the gift she has comes with consequences.”

I decided then to interrupt whatever Jasper was about to say by loudly groaning and sitting up, letting the sheets fall messily into my lap. “Aren’t pregnant women usually either sleeping or puking at,” – I glanced at the alarm clock beside me – “Eight in the morning?”

“Good morning to you too, Miss. Grouch,” Angela muttered, rolling her eyes at my grumpiness.

I grumbled incoherently under my breath, pulling my fingers through the tangled mass of short dark locks that made up the bird’s nest atop my head. I probably looked like Frankenstein’s wife – or worse. My nose scrunched up in distaste, this was a down fall to sharing a room with an incredibly good looking guy. I looked hideous in the mornings.

“What’s the matter?” Angela asked at my wrinkled face.

I shook my head, dismissing her question and swung my legs over the side of the bed. “Are we doing anything special today?”

Angela shrugged. “Jessica was talking about some much needed shopping. Do I need to even ask if you’ll agree?”

I smirked. “Nope, I’ll be right out!” My mood lifted considerably.

~Paranormal:Fate~

“Michael Antonio Newton! Get your ass over here!” Jessica’s loud and commanding voice easily carried over the crowded streets of Rochester.

“Jessica! Watch your language, please!” Angela scolded for what seemed to be the millionth time this afternoon. 

“Sorry but he just must come see this!”

I laughed softly at Jessica’s obvious delight in her find along the Rochester Market, where we were currently shopping. She was sometimes worse than me when it came to buying things. Anything that caught her interest was immediately tried on or examined by her professional eye. If needed, my opinion would be sought out. For I indeed am the shopaholic above all shopaholics.

“Alice, why don’t we leave Jess to shopping with her husband, while we go find Ben and Jasper?” Angela’s voice suggested.

I nodded and glanced at Jessica, making sure she was looking before mouthing “We’ll be back, finding Ben and Jasper.” After catching her nod, Angela tugged me down the pavement. Our arms were full of bags and we weren’t even half done our shopping trip.

“Do you see them?” I was scanning the crowd for a head of straight brown hair and glasses or curly blonde hair and emerald eyes.

“No – oh! What’s that? I think I saw Ben!”

I followed Angela’s gaze to see two figures ordering from a sausage cart directly across from us. Typical men, they’re always after the food.

I rolled my eyes and moved through the crowd towards them, Angela following behind me. “Are you two planning on buying anything besides food?”

Jasper turned around, temporarily stopping the steady flow of ketchup from the dispenser. “Finally found us, huh?”

I shrugged and glanced around quickly just as Ben joined Jasper at the condiment station. Ketchup, mustard, relish, mayonnaise, onions, peppers, and pickles were assorted across the blue cloth covered table. Both men held foot long sausages in buns; Jasper’s lunch was covered in mustard and ketchup. Ben’s was yet to be dressed.

“We were hungry,” Ben muttered, shrugging.

Angela raised an eyebrow. “You two just finished a dozen dough nuts an hour ago. Ben I swear, you eat more than me and I have two mouths to feed!”

I laughed at Angela’s outburst and leaned against the silver wall of the sausage truck. “Can we do some shopping? Jessica was dragging her very unwilling husband down the street to a strip mall. Care to go?”

Jasper shrugged in what I assumed to be agreement while Ben just silently took a bite of his now ketchup, mustard, relish and onion covered lunch.

“He’s coming no matter what, so let’s go,” Angela stated, starting off in the opposite direction in whence we came. I followed after her with Ben and Jasper consuming their food a couple feet behind us.  

~Paranormal:Fate~

After a successful day of shopping, the group of us joined up and decided on a Japanese restaurant for dinner. Angela was craving rice tonight.

The restaurant was beautifully decorated. Complete with kimono wearing waitresses and paper lanterns. The building looked like one of those Japanese temples you see monks worshipping in books. The roof was a deep shade of red while the walls were a complimenting beige colour. Inside the room was painted a deep green with red cushioned seats and dark wooden tables. The sound of soft chatter and sizzling from the kitchen was heard throughout the large space. I could almost taste the flavours as the smells of hot rice and steamed vegetables filled my nose.

“Is those noodles any good?” Mike asked me from across the table.

I nodded and swallowed before answering, “Yeah, they’re pretty good. Are you enjoying your ramen?”

Mike grinned and nodded, slurping some more of his dinner. I laughed and stabbed my fork into the sauce covered vegetables mixed with my noodles.

Dinner continued like that until everyone was finished. Angela’s craving was temporarily satisfied, both her and the baby deemed full. After all pitching in to pay the bill, we headed out onto the streets. Ben decided to take his very pregnant wife back to the motel, knowing that her feet would start aching soon and her back would start cramping. As soon as they disappeared around the corner, Jessica not too slyly winked my way and tugged Mike down the street calling out a very loud “Movies! You two have fun!” before the couple disappeared into the local cinema.    

I sighed at Jessica’s antics and turned to face Jasper. “What do you suppose we do?”

He shrugged and glanced around, his eyes eventually resting back on me.

I quickly scanned my surroundings as well. A Guess store, a pharmacy, a post office, a park, until my turning stopped, facing a convenience store.  “Follow me.”

And so he did.

I led Jasper inside the store, his glowing green eyes following my movements. My own faded blue gaze scanned the shelf of candy until I spotted my discovery, paid and guided Jasper outside again.

“What’s it that’s got ya’ so happy?” he asked, chuckling quietly at my bright expression. It was a sound not heard nearly enough from him.

“These,” I murmured and held out the plastic package.

The red covering of the skittles bag in my hand reflected the sheen from the street light above us. I rattled the package, listening to the sound of the small candy moving inside. Eagerly ripping open the pack, I poured the contents into Jasper’s stretched out hand as well as my own.

“Thanks,” Jasper murmured, a soft smile playing on his lips.

I nodded and proceeded to toss a couple rainbow skittles into my mouth. While chewing, my eyes wandered to the gates of the park across the street. “Can we go there?”

Jasper shrugged from the corner of my eye, taking that as a ‘sure’ I started for the park.

~Paranormal:Fate~

Jasper and I got back to the motel around eleven that night. Most of the lights were off as we walked silently down the hall to our room.

Our trip to the park was entertaining. While finishing the pack of skittles, we asked each other questions about ourselves. 

I learned that he was in fact born in Texas, Houston to be exact. Apparently, his family owned a ranch down in Texas, which has been the Whitlock’s property since the 1800s. His uncle operated it, when in fact the ranch was supposed to go to Jasper, he didn’t want to live with the fading memories of his family.

His family was a touchy subject but when I nervously asked, he seemed alright in telling me. He’s sister was five years younger than him; her name was Sarah, after his mother while he was named after his father. When he was beginning high school, he and his sister moved to WashingtonState to live with his aunt. Sarah would have been turning fourteen at the time of the accident, in which Jasper was in his last year of high school. All he told me was Sarah was home with the flu and their parents had come up to Forks to surprise him. On the way to the school, a driver swerved and ran them into a tree. The details on the accident were strictly off limits, and I respected that.

Less depressing topics were then pursed. His favourite colour was blue. His favourite animal was a cougar. And he was attending SamHoustonStateTeachers College to become a high school history teacher.

Upon arriving to our room, I took out the door key and entered. Immediately, I grabbed my pajamas and toiletries bag, heading straight for the bathroom and giving Jasper a large period of time to get ready for bed in the man room.

To strip down into nothing but pajama bottoms, my sinful mind was taunting. Mental images of Jasper’s tone chest rushing uncontrollably into my mind.

I hastily shook my head of the pictures and continued brushing through my short layered pieces of hair. My wide grey eyes stared back at me through the motel mirror hanging above the white porcelain sink. The round bulbs lined across the top of the mirror were flickering slightly, making the room dim a bit. The bathroom walls were a creamy colour, almost white. There was also a small shower with a black-and-white checkered shower curtain, a white porcelain toilet and a silver towel bar, holding two black-and-white checkered towels. The tiles on the floor were also checkered, giving the whole room a checker board theme.

After a full fifteen minutes of preparing for bed, I knocked on the bathroom door before leaving to let Jasper know I was coming out.

When I entered the main room, Jasper was leaning against the head rest on his bed with a thick book in his hands. The End – Hitler’s Germany 1944-45 was printed across the front cover. I tilted my head to the side slightly, watching him read.

Eventually, he looked up and smiled. “Can I help ya’?

I flashed him a smile in return and climbed into bed, mentally and physically exhausted. Today had been a long day of walking, eating and buying. I mumbled a goodnight to Jasper before my head hit my pillow and I was dead to the world.

~Paranormal:Fate~

The clouded sky flashed with a zigzagged streak of lightening, the light momentarily blinding me. But as soon as my vision returned, I kept searching; I would keep searching for as long as possible. I have to find him.

But where is he?

I was quickly getting desperate. The thick rope was tightening uncomfortably. My hands were already bound; the large unfamiliar man in front of me was calling out my name and my crimes.

I was accused. I was shunned, pointed at and spat on. My friends hated me.

But where was he?

My eyes were brimming with tears, the salty water obscuring the edges of my vision. The crowd before me was faceless, moving angrily. Another flash of lightening lit up the dark skies. Crows cawed and tree branches creaked over the blending sound of the roaring group of people.

My straight light brown hair had come out of its bun and was blowing in the breeze. My wrists burned under the long black sleeves covering the rough rope that tied my dainty hands. My bare feet shuffled lightly against the wood of the platform I was standing on. The torn edges of my long dusty dress blew freely around my trembling legs.

Where is he?

But he must be here. Mama and Papa watched us being dragged away. Papa’s strong arms holding Mama at bay as her two children were torn from her grasp.

The knotted rope around my neck was tightened further as the crowd yelled and shoved each other in eager waiting.

I glanced up at the turning skies, silently praying for God to answer me.

I didn’t want to die. But if I had to, then my brother must be beside me.

I scanned the group again, searching hopefully. My eyes caught movement. The crowd was breaking apart in a line. A man was shoving a short boy through the people to get to the platform next to mine.

A smile crossed my face. Someone screamed while another called out accusingly, “She’s cursing us all! Kill her before we face painful deaths!”

Again the rope was tightened until my breath was cut to a short gasp.

I kept my eyes trained on the boy stumbling towards me, afraid that if I were to look away for a moment he would disappear.

His long brown hair was wind blown and covering his dark brown eyes which were in turn, watching me. He wore a dirty and tattered pair of trousers with no shirt or shoes to protect him from the harsh wind or jagged ground.

I sucked in as much air as the hangman’s knot would allow and smiled at him sadly.

We were going to die.

The tall man had now moved over as a rope was pulled over my brother’s head. My brother’s crimes were called as were mine. The usual accusations were seen frequently around the town of Boston. Weather these days seemed to reflect the number of lynching which was done these past few months. Neighbours accusing neighbours, best friends accusing best friends; it was hectic.

Another man rested his dirty hands on my two shoulders while the crowd screamed my death. Everything turned into a loud humming as my ears rung with the sound of my beating heart.

The knot tightened further, my air supply cut off completely.

The wooden floor beneath me gave way and my body dropped like a rag doll hanging from a thread. My ears rung with the last sound before my world went black.

My brother’s voice. Crystal clear over the fading noise. Alec calling out to me, “Jane!”

************************************

Please comment, I'm waiting for at least two comments (from two different people) xD

Thanks!

Continue Reading