Chapter 5: Nightmares

Hello!

Well I'm extremely happy with this chapter and I really appreciate the comments given by htcsc78. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So that being said, I'm posting this. I worked really hard and I kinda might of fallen in love with the last section of the chapter. Mentioning that, the song I'm posting over there ---------> is from my favourite anime Kuroshitsuji, or Black Butler. It's called Lacrimosa and I think it matches the last section of this chapter pretty good.

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, Stephenie Meyer does.

Chapter five: Nightmares.

“Alice? What happened?”

A certain blonde cowboy was still rather close to me, a cloud of concern glazed over his emerald eyes. I had shifted out of his arms and taken a seat on the light brown rug at the foot of my hotel bed.

I couldn’t believe what had happened. I had gotten a sort of visual message from Rosalie’s spirit, while I was awake. That had never happened before. I’ve been using my psychic gift for a good four years and I had never had a vision while conscious. I’ve only ever had contact in my dreams – normally nightmares – at night.

“Alice?” Jasper asked, for the hundredth time in the last two minutes.

I scrunched my brow in thought and glanced at Jasper’s confused and worried face. “That was strange…”

“What exactly was that?”

“A visual message from Rosalie. I’ve gotten them before, but while I’m asleep, never while I’m conscious. It’s easier for a spirit to hook onto a human’s life source while their mind is at rest, or while their subconscious is in control. She must have immense psychic power in order to latch onto my active life source.”

“She must’ve had a lot of inner anger; the room is becomin’ intoxicated with it,” Jasper mumbled, traces of a frown still seen on his tightly pursed lips.

I touched my head, the usual headache hitting me quickly. I normally had small migraines after a restless spirit contacted me at night. But before I was asleep, it left me exhausted. I guess Rosalie needed more energy for that particular encounter.

“Are ya’ sure you’re okay though?” Jasper asked again.

I nodded slightly and groaned quietly when the movement made my head throb painfully. “Just a headache, it’s normal. I’m going to go to bed though; I’ll be fine in the morning.” And with that I stood up slowly and grabbed my small toiletries bag and pajamas, heading to the bathroom.

“Good night,” Jasper murmured before I shut the door to the small hotel bathroom.

~Paranormal:Fate~

“Alice! Alice!” The door was being pounded on.

I chose to ignore the banging and turned over, pulling the beige sheets up over my head. I was not in the mood this particular morning.

Alice!” Whoever was on the other side of the door was obnoxiously dragging out my name.

“Good mornin’ Angela. Alice is still asleep, she had a rough night.” Jasper’s voice sounded unusually tired.

“Nightmares?” Angela questioned.

There was a pause and I suppose Jasper either nodded or shook his head no. I guessed a nod when he answered Angela, “She was tossin’ and turnin’ for most of the night and she muffled cries into her pillow. I tried to wake her, I felt so helpless. I knew neither of us would be gettin’ sleep if I didn’t do somethin’ to stop her restlessness. But nothing would work.”