Don't Try To Make Me Smile...

By krystalkey

"There are three things I don't do" I told him with a blank face, without a single emotion to convey "What ar... More

1: I'm Weird, Yeah I Know!
2: Fuck You! Nathan Gold!
4: Definitely wasn't me!
5: Are you a Lesbian?
6: Am I really a Princess?
7: I need a Friend/ Contest
8: I do not always wear black!
9: Cliffhanger?
CONTEST WINNERS!!!
10: Don't try to make me smile!
11: Swimming?
12: Eric!!!!
13: I hate pink everything
14: Cliff kiss
15: She's sunshine
16: Beach part 1
17: Beach 2+Fireworks
18: Prison break and Rapunzel
19: Proposal gone wrong
20: Two confessions in one night!
21: My answer rhymes with No!
22: Ex boyfriend turned Stepbrother
23: Go ahead and cry.
24: We're Perfect
25: Unconscious Confession.
26: Awkward Situations.
27: Five seconds to be his girlfriend
28: Like That!
29: Cry For Attention.
30: Don't look at me like that!
31: Some Trashy A-list Party.
32: I Love You
33: Why does it feel like this is the last time?
34: Best friends!
35: Unanswered Questions
36: Icy blue eyes, dreamy blue eyes.
37: Never ending tears
38: Little Excuse!
39: Finding Cheryl
40: Dreams
41: I'm not Coming back
The Cliff!
Confessions

3: His Name is......

1.1K 200 91
By krystalkey

"Get in" I heard the driver say

"What!" I looked in and saw Nathan in the car smiling at me, the worst thing someone can do to me is to smile at me. It annoyed me that I wasn't good in stretching my lips to form a smile, it made me feel weird.

"Come on get in, I'll drop you off"

"No thanks" I said quickly and kept on walking, but then he drove his car stopping it in my front. He got down from the car and walked up to me

"What the hell do you want?" I glared at him.

"I want to drop you off, I trying to make it up to you here"

"But I said no" I half yelled. My yelling surprised him a bit but yet he kept on looking at me with those  beautiful brown eyes of his, like he was trying read or more easily understand me by just looking at me.

"Please" he added again

"But we aren't going the same way" I said again trying to make him change his mind because I really did not want to have a conversation with this guy. They always went the wrong way because I was just rude to people and they didn't like that or they just happened to say something that annoyed me.

"I have band practice now I'll just drop you off before I get there it doesn't matter where you're going"

"Even if I'm going to Africa" I was being serious here.

"Are you always this funny?" Nathan bore an amused look on his face. And what the hell! I wasn't trying to crack a joke, I was being totally serious. You see why I don't like associating with humans, they don't just understand their fellow humans.

"Was that funny?" I tried raising my brow, note: I said tried.

"Just get into the car, please" he pleaded ignoring my question, which sort of annoyed me.

Oh God! I groaned internally at the thought of sitting in the car with a someone and actually trying to have a conversation. It scared me, but this dude was bent to on giving me a ride so I just had to agree.

"Ok fine" I agreed "I'm going to Wendy's, I work there"

He opened the car door for me to get in and closed it after I had gotten in.

What a gentleman! But that gesture is overused how about something different like actually opening the door for me and leaving it for me to close by myself, that'd be so much cooler. Don't blame me I said it before that I was weird.

"So what's your name" Nathan popped up the question again while he pressed the ignition.

"I thought I told you before" I told him

"Well I didn't see that as a normal name, why not tell me a normal one like mine, I'm Nathan Gold. Since you happen not know me"

"Is knowing you some sort of compulsory subject in school, because I don't take it"

Nathan looked at me confused. I really wondered what was going through his mind like what kind of weird girl is this and where on earth did she come from. But to answer his unasked question, I don't think I'm from earth anymore. I wasn't naturally like this, difficult happenings made me this way.

"What!" I said to make him pry his eyes of me. He was stealing glances at me like I was crazy

"Duhh! Your name" Nathan actually rolled his eyes at me which was a bit funny for a guy to do, I never imagined guys could do that stuff.

"Ok fine. I'm Cheryl Taylor" I finally gave in, obviously getting tired of having to say something to make him give up on trying to know my name. Guys like this were cute but they annoyed me.

"Nice name" he complimented with a smile which I couldn't and I didn't want to return.

"I know"

"Is trying to have a conversation with you always this hard?"

"Yes" I replied and I could hear Nathan secretly huff in annoyance.

"At least care about the person talking to you, it's very rude if......."

"Care?" I thought blocking out the rest part of his statement.

That word stung like the deadliest scorpion that ever existed: note my exaggeration to show how much I hated that word.

I once cared, I once cared for someone not just someone I once cared for some people, but yet they trampled on my heart like it was some piece of dirt, like I was some piece of dirt.

Like I didn't matter at all in their lives and then I'm expected to care about the crap someone was saying to me. I would never do that not even the tiniest eeniest bit. I was done caring about people and trying to make friends. That hurt I felt three years ago I still feel it now, and I don't want to experience that kind of pain again.

"Are you even listening to me" Nathan asked breaking my thoughts

"Stop the car" I said quietly but fiercely

"What! Why?" Nathan looked confused but was still driving.

"I said stop the damn car!" I screamed at him and he stepped on the brake immediately.

"What happened?" He turned to look at me

"You've freaking passed Wendy's. Are you blind?"

Nathan sighed "Ohhh" but it was more like a sigh of relief

"I could just drive back" he told me

"Don't worry, I don't want anyone teasing me about a guy dropping me off"

"In other words you're saying you're embarrassed of me"

What's wrong with guy, I just started talking to him today.

I shrugged giving him a tired look

"You can say that" then I grabbed my bag and got down from the car

"Can I pick you up after"

"No" I replied

"But I want to" he insisted

"But you can't" I insisted back.

Seriously, this guy should just leave me alone and stop trying to do stuff for me. Yea he's cute, handsome, sexy with beautiful eyes, he's popular in school especially among the girls. He's a senior and cutest of all he's in a band.

What girl wouldn't want a guy with all these qualities picking her and dropping her wherever she wanted just because he bashed her car. Yeah! Me! I didn't want it, I didn't want his attention or pity or anything that'll make me get closer to this guy. I shouldn't have given him my keys in the first place. I should've just ignored the fact that he hit my car and just taken care of the repairs myself.

"How about I send someone if I can't make it" he still hasn't given up

"Ugh! Shut up" I slammed the door and left.

I barged into the cafe which was my usual entry everyday, customer or no customer luckily there was no customer or that would have gotten her another strike from my manager, I already had one strike. But I couldn't help it, I was used to it.

"Hey angry bird, you're late" I received my usual greeting from Chelsea, a girl that usually worked with me during my shift.

"What's up Simpson, I'm glad you're smart enough to notice that" I smirked at her and she returned it with a scowl.

Chelsea Peté was the only one that worked with me during my afternoon shift because we were both high school students. She attended Parkdale high in Maryland while I attended Glen Burnie high. You'd think that we should be best friends and all because we work together and all those annoying shit, but that's pretty wrong. We hate each other, well I don't really hate her I don't just care about her opinion or what she thinks about me. But she hates me anyways, and calls me angry bird because of my usual state of not smiling and always being angry then I call her Simpson to get back at her.

Butt apart from that Chelsea is a really beautiful girl with striking hazel eyes, and long brown hair that compliments her looks.

She always talks about being popular in her school, I could've agreed with her but she's not just smart. She has the beauty but not the brains, so I told her she should get me a math script with an A on it then I'll believe that she's popular and it's surprising that she's actually working on it. I hate maths and I don't see myself getting an A in that subject

"I think I'm gonna transfer to your school" I almost choked on the club sandwich I was eating when Chelsea suddenly told me that. It was enough seeing her at work, not in school too.

"What happened to being popular at your school?"

"Nothing, I just want to try popularity at a different place"

Yea right! Popular my ass.

"Or you're tired of being bullied" I suggested for her

"No" she refused immediately and I gave her a blank stare "Should I tell you why"

"I'm not interested" like that was going to stop her, she was going to say it anyways.

"I'll tell you anyways" she beamed moving closer to me and I gave her a glare to keep her distance.

"Say it from there"

Chelsea didn't miss a chance to roll her eyes at me before she continued with her story

"Some nights ago, I attended a party of my school, your school and Laurel high and I met this cute boy......."

"Is there ever a time where you don't meet cute boy" I interrupted her story pointing that fact out, and she glared at me for interrupting her.

"Fine, go ahead"

"I met this extremely cute blonde guy, well he's a senior and he's hot he attends your school" she stopped for a while as if waiting for me to say something and I just stared back at her giving her a look to continue her story since it was actually very interesting: note my sarcasm.

"So that's where the story ends?"

"I'm not done yet"

"Then go on"

"I was trying to remember the other part"

"Dummy" I muttered under my breath

"I heard that" she rolled her eyes again.

"Exactly why I said it, for you to hear" I told her

"He actually walked up to me and told me I was cute, and that he loved my eyes. Then he also said it would be a shame he won't be able to see them everyday because we attended different schools"

"So you won't to transfer to Glen Burnie high because of that?" She was so stupid.

"Yea" she nodded happily

"You're really dumb, you know that? You better stick your so called popular ass to Parkdale High until after senior year. How could you transfer because of that shit?"

"You don't even want to know if he's worth it. He's really popular in your school"

"Like you're going to give me a choice" I finished up my sandwich and handed the empty plate to her.

"Yea right" she smiled brightly again "His name is..." She was about to say byt just then door dinged and a customer walked in.

Hey guys!
I'm sorry it took quite a while to update I had been working on something.
Up there in the multimedia is a video of the cast characters.
Anyways if you liked this chapter please try to hit the little star button below it'll mean a lot to me.

Who do you think Chelsea was going to say, it's pretty predictive isn't it???

See you on the next update......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.
257K 10K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
469K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!